Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Sigh*

One last time...

It's not the diabetes. If it was something physical, they simply could fail Jay on a physical and/or just explain to him they don't feel he's up to the rigors of an NFL season.

The only reason why a proposed trade took place is because McDaniels saw an opportunity to bring in his guy from his system. That's it. That's the reason.
    sigpic

Comment

• Couldnt have said it better myself.

Comment

• Denver hasn't had that many coaches right? So the fans are kind of new to the turmoil of it all. teams like Detriot, Miami, 49er's, Raiders are pretty used to this.
        Cutler is a talented QB... He knows it, but he thinks he's better than he is. BP & BB want a certain something from there QB. I can't imagine that JM would be any different. I can clearly see why JM doesn't want Cutler as his QB.
        1-Losing record
        2-Health issues
        3-Under achiever
        4-Not coachable
        5-Airs problems in the press
        6-Has asked to be traded
        7-Doesn't get along with management
        8 Believes the Bronco's are his team
        9-etc...
        This guy sounds a lot like Jeff George, who bye the way... May have had the best arm in the history of the NFL. I hear how Cutler talks about his arm
        Anyway George's biggest problem was himself, and seemed to be in a downward spiral throughout his pro career.
        I got to tell ya something Denver. If this is Josh's team. And it is!. The press or fanbase will not sway him. He's young, but he's old school.
        One thing that he knows. He was aware of the pissing and moaning that would take place with the ousting of (fan favorite) J Cutler. I respect a head coach that will take a risk, in order to put his system in place.
        He made a good attempt with the 3 way trade but, the Cassel-KC deal was in the bag already.
        Give Josh a chance. Taking over a team is always rocky, when changes take place.
        Blah, blah, blah!

Look. Cutler made the pro-bowl in his 3rd season. He had 4500 yards passing and 25 TDs. He had the 2nd worst starting field position in the NFL. He had 8 RBs on IR and couldn't rely on the run at all the 2nd half of the season.

Every defense KNEW he had to pass. The Broncos defense was the worst in the NFL and gave up 448 points! They were at or very near the bottom of almost every statistical category and most of them have already rightfully be CUT!

Given all that, for Denver to go 8-8 is remarkable. Cutler was under constant pressure the entire year since the defense could stop NOBODY. On days when he didn't perform well, they got blown out.

Losing record? Are you insane? Do you think Matt Cassel or Tom Brady would have a winning record with this defense? How many games would Belicheck win if he had Sam Adams, Amon Gordon, Ebeneezer Ekuban and John Engleberger as his starting DL the last 2 seasons instead of guys Vince Wilfork and Richard Seymour? Hmmmnm?

Did you even WATCH the Broncos Patriots game? Forgotten the ease with which Patriots RBs ran right up the middle for long TDs?

That's what pressure Jay was under all year.

All the carping B.S. you've just spouted just shows your ignorance!

If Jay is such a loser WHY are so many teams desperately trying to trade for him right now, giving up #1 picks to do it?

If he's Jeff George #2, why would anybody want him?

Answer: Because only idiot Pats fans think that! Good luck with FA next season. You'd better enjoy this team while you can because in 2010 it's all over! The Pats have about 16 FAs and they'll lose about 1/2 and that will be the end of that team!
        sigpic

Comment

• I guess I can believe this trade.After all Quinn has no personality and doesnt talk much.He will be perfect for McDaniels.A perfect robot for his system.

Comment

• how about this trade, if we HAVE to make one...

Cutler and our #12

For..

Detroits #1 (Stafford) and the #20.

They get a proven quarterback instead of rookie to throw to Calvin and

we get a rookie with the same arm strength (yes stafford does) but who enjoys his humble pie. and still have a pick in the first round just a little later. (we could still get Rey Mau, my hope)

Comment

• Cugel I'm glad you and a few other seem to get it.I've been listening to these talking heads on radio and TV talk about Cutler doesnt have a winning record in his career and so on and so on.They dont bother to look that he averaged losing a starting RB every other week no defense and had to throw 50 times 350 yrds and pass for 3-4 touchdowns everygame and oh by the way dont turnover the ball ever.I have a real feeling that this 32 yrd old coach who is over his head took a mindset on Cutler maybe when Denver played the patriots and had a preconceived notion that Cutler is wild and cant lead a team.He seems to be that arrogant.The bottom line is Bowlen needs to lock these 2 in a room and tell them both to quit acting like 5yr olds iron out your differences and get ready for hte season.Because if they dont Cutler wont be here and McDaniels will be looking for a OC job somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by RenegadeofFUNk View Post
                how about this trade, if we HAVE to make one...

Cutler and our #12

For..

Detroits #1 (Stafford) and the #20.

They get a proven quarterback instead of rookie to throw to Calvin and

we get a rookie with the same arm strength (yes stafford does) but who enjoys his humble pie. and still have a pick in the first round just a little later. (we could still get Rey Mau, my hope)
                The problem with this is who wants to give an unproven player and a QB at that 30-35mil guaranteed.

Comment

• This is getting ridiculous!

I still believe McDaniels is going to produce awinning team that makes it into the superbowl. Jay cutler will be in that game as well. All of this is pure media hype. people you cannot get caught up in media hype. The media tells you how to think and how to act etc. Example every year they tell us how to carve a turkey lol I mean seriously. So don't let this smoke blow in your eyes, All will be fine, just let our coach do his job that is why he was hired not all of us. Jay you are awesome and can really shine get out there and do it. Broncos all the way
                  Always in support of my team. No matter what!:go:

Comment

• Hurt feelings? Yeah I know

If he didn't want Jay Cutler, then he should have made that plain to Cutler, to the media and to the fans when he signed on. He should have said pointedly "we're going to go in an new direction."
                    Come on Bronco fans. That's not the way business is done. It might be in a kind, gentle, Mom & Pop ice cream shop. But not the high stakes cut throat NFL. You pull the trigger on trades when it's in your best interest or you're screwing the other team.
                    Pro bowl after 3 years huh? Well hear this... A true franchise QB, the kind you don't trade is one, that looks like a Hall of Famer after 3 years. A lot of QB's make the Pro Bowl. It's not a deal breaker.

Comment

• Originally posted by RickyVoorhees View Post
                      Let the fans speak!!!

Personally I would much rather see Josh go. This is a guy who tries to trade a franchise QB :cutler: for a QB who has only started 1 year of competitive football since HS. . .What do you think?
                      Get rid of JOSH. getting rid of a PROVEN 1st rounder pro-bowl QB is just idiotic.

Josh is such a rodent compared to Shanahan.

Comment

• Trade him to SF for:

Shaun Hill

Then sign Chris Simms to compete with Hill.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                        J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                        R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

• Good column.

Comment

• Josh McDaniels has FAIL written all over him

Judging by the offseason moves so far, which I probably don't have to repeat, McDaniels is primed to fail.

Sure enough, the season hasn't started, we dont yet know how the moves will pan out, but nonetheless even thinking about trading our 1st-round-pro-bowl-4kyards QB is ridiculous.

If a guy can't even build a relationship with a QB and make his moves without pissing people off, he is a failure right off the bat.

Watching McDaniels in the game just wouldn't be as exciting as watching Shannys' fierce gaze onto the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
                              Trade him to SF for:

Shaun Hill

Then sign Chris Simms to compete with Hill.
                              I'll go with that.

Comment

• McMoron. He's only been here for about a month, and I already don't like him. Belliache has evolved. Instead of taping other teams, he let's them hire hire his spies to sabotage them.

Comment

Working...
                                X