No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the McDaniels regime has been largely successful. The problem is the Cutler trade talk. I would argue that all the moves we have made have been very good moves.

Comment

• Originally posted by AyanBronco View Post
      Judging by the offseason moves so far, which I probably don't have to repeat, McDaniels is primed to fail.

Sure enough, the season hasn't started, we dont yet know how the moves will pan out, but nonetheless even thinking about trading our 1st-round-pro-bowl-4kyards QB is ridiculous.

If a guy can't even build a relationship with a QB and make his moves without pissing people off, he is a failure right off the bat.

Watching McDaniels in the game just wouldn't be as exciting as watching Shannys' fierce gaze onto the field.
      His face was stuck that way.

Either way, give the guy a chance. Yes I agree it may not have been the smartest move, but it gives Jay something to prove. There's what, 6 months until the season starts? Give him time to work things out, see who he gets us in the draft and go from there. Everyone makes mistakes, give the rookie coach a break and we'll see if he makes any more poor decisions. Only thing I can see that's he's done wrong is this whole Jay fiasco anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by martz11 View Post
        To be downright honest I wouldn't have minded Cassel coming to Denver to play in a system that he knows. However by the trade not happening it has blown up on both sides of the party. The bottom line is that this will never be healed and theres a good chance that Jay won't be back after this season. Remember when Reeves drafted Maddox when we had John, same difference in a sense.

I believe we won't trade Jay away before this season but after that he'll be out the door...I hope I'm wrong.:go:
        You wouldn't mind???!!! You're saying you would've been ok with trading away a stud franchise QB for a career backup 1 hit wonder. You're nutts.

Comment

• Becuase he knows when he said The Broncos were just listening to offers not actively trying to trade Jay and everybody started laughing he had a serious problem.He thought the media and the fans would believe anything he said.Afterall he thought it workd for his boss in New England the fans and media believed anything he said like lemmings.

Comment

• Originally posted by martz11 View Post
            Oh I hear ya. I don't think they should have thought that as well. I can see why they would be interest in Cassel from McD's standpoint for obvious reasons. I'm just saying that unless you know for sure that BB isn't going to bend you over and make you look silly (which he does to former employees)it shouldn't have been brought up.
            Your thread says you wish "the trade" had happened. What, exactly, was the supposed trade? I know we were going to get Cassel and the Bucs were going to get Cutler. But that was just part of the deal.

What was the whole deal? Before I would agree with you, I'd want to know the whole deal. What would the Patriots get? And was Cutler all we were giving up?

Comment

• "I’m wondering, is McDaniels really 32, or is he actually like Tom Hanks’ character in “Big,” a 13-year-old who magically morphs into an adult’s body?"

My gawd that is priceless!!

Comment

• I agree. Read the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                  I agree. Read the sig.
                  @ brent trolling the Mcdaniels threads.

Gotta love the guy.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                    I have to say I'm a little surprised by the results. Judging by all of the "Jay sucks anyway" posters, I expected it to be a closer race.
                    No don't be, those are just the few heartless morons that claim to be real fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by MindField View Post
                      Jay Cutler wears an insulin pump 24 hrs a day, every day. There is no 'taking it off'.

As a physical device, it is subject to damage during the game.
                      Jay does take the pump off. He didn't have it on last year when he did the Celebirty Golf Tournament. He doesn't wear it on game day. He wasn't wearing the pump during the Pro Bowl.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand, they cannot get rid of Jay for medical reasons. Like everyone says, the NFL is a business. There are laws against firing people because of their health. Jay would fall under this. So if the Broncos got rid of him because of his diabetes, Jay could sue.
                      So the diabetes isn't the reason. There was no logical reason that I can see.

Comment

• Other than the Jay Cutler thing, he has been doing great. Solid FA signings that fill needs.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by stevelkinevil View Post
                          "I’m wondering, is McDaniels really 32, or is he actually like Tom Hanks’ character in “Big,” a 13-year-old who magically morphs into an adult’s body?"

My gawd that is priceless!!
                          More like Forrest Gump...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by lancane View Post
                            More like Forrest Gump...lol
                            Actually he is much worse than both of these characters as at least these guys had some success!

Comment

• Originally posted by trenchwar08 View Post
                              I'll go with that.
                              Of course only if we have to trade him...I hope he stays, but...

It makes sense in a lot of ways.

1. They are obviously looking for a QB upgrade (Warner visit) and would most likly spend #10 on an unproven QB.

2. They still have Alex Smith as a backup.

3. Hill comes from a spread offense and did well last year.

4. Nolan knows a bunch of guys over there and could talk it out with them.

5. Would immediately balance the power in the division.

I really see at as a fair trade, and who knows...we could come away with Raji and Orakpo on defense.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                              J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                              R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

• This Rumor Is Just To Get More Traffic To Yahoo. Its Not Even On Roto World Since Its Total Bs.

The Bronco Fan Base Has Way Too Many Tools Who Follow The Medias Every Wink............

Comment

Working...
                                X