Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    ANYONE here that doesn't think that Jay is a TOP of the tier QB, doesn't really know much.
    So if we don't admit that Cutler is as good as Brady or Peyton Manning, or at least in that tier, we don't know much?

    Come on...really?
    "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

    sigpic

    Comment


    • i wish we would trade him and take the cleveland deal i'm tired of hearing about cutler crying about his feelings being hurt

      Comment


      • Originally posted by AyanBronco View Post
        Judging by the offseason moves so far, which I probably don't have to repeat, McDaniels is primed to fail.

        I don't think your argument takes account of much of the evidence pre-TradeGate. Up until this whole thing blew up, I think McDaniels had made a lot of great moves--cuts and free agent adds--that had us primed to have a great season. The defense looks totally different now than it did just a month ago, and that's exactly what most of us wanted to see. Everybody was stoked about it all until TradeGate happened, and then the FO made things worse by handling it very poorly. But you can't say that "the offseason moves so far" give cause to believe that the new coach will fail; in fact, I think the moves so far portend great success. The argument to be made is that TradeGate has undermined confidence in his integrity and judgment to the point that he is destined to fail (not that I agree with that argument; I'm just saying it's the argument to be made if you're anti-McDaniels right now).

        Comment


        • Again, what can Pat Bowlen say?

          He is in a precarious position! If he says something to support Jay it can be construed as a vote of no confidence in his coach or at the least the appearance of siding with Jay.

          If he says something to Josh then visa versa.

          I am sure Bowlen is plenty active behind the scenes! Quite frankly, he owes nothing to the media or the fans.
          Last edited by jhildebrand; 03-03-2009, 03:15 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Lomax View Post
            So if we don't admit that Cutler is as good as Brady or Peyton Manning, or at least in that tier, we don't know much?

            Come on...really?
            Manning and Brady (2 seasons ago) were the quarterbacks of the NFL.

            Manning/Brady

            Gap


            Top tier QB's

            Rothlisberger, Rivers, McNabb, Cutler, etc....

            Jay Cutler IS a top tier quarterback.

            People keep saying he's "a star in the making."

            Hell, he is a star. He's 25 year old pro bowler.

            Comment


            • On the trade situation, just be happy its happening now and not in week 4.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • If Matt Cassell came in here to be our guy instead of Jay Cutler I would have puked. That would make me sick to the stomach. I don't have the same trust in Cassell as I do on Jay's bone headed days - at least he'll put some big things together.


                If McDaniels shipped Jay out, he would lose every bit of my 100% confidence in him. I don't think it would be professional if our team were to allow what happened this weekend bring the quality of Denver Broncos football down.

                What happened is in the books and we are still 100% a broncos football team (pending Marshall's declaration). Every team runs into something like this with player personnel. Jay is still our guy and if he doesn't give this team his 100% effort then he isn't doing his job. He needs to put this ordeal behind him and be a man about it. I really expect McDaniels to screw his head on right (speaking of on and off field decisions) which is what keeps Cutler from being a true top tier QB.

                B4 you got to lighten up about the situation man, you're freaking out big time. It's a business and things happen, but surely the entire situation was handled poorly by both parties.

                Comment


                • Tony Scheffler's Thoughts

                  http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true


                  McDaniels' 'cutthroat' approach puts Broncos players on edge
                  By Vic Carucci | NFL.com
                  Senior Columnist





                  These are extremely uncertain times for Denver Broncos players who once called Mike Shanahan their coach. And the trade talk surrounding quarterback Jay Cutler is only the tip of the iceberg that arrived in the Mile High City from New England in the form of new coach Josh McDaniels.

                  I've spent the past few days talking with people around the NFL and in Denver, and they describe an atmosphere of growing tension and anxiety among most members of the roster left over from the Shanahan regime.

                  Consider this take from tight end Tony Scheffler, a guest on a Sirius NFL Radio show that I co-hosted last night with Gil Brandt: "It's been pretty cutthroat so far."


                  That's hardly uncommon after a coaching change, but compared to countless transitions I've observed in 30 years of covering the NFL, this seems a bit rougher than others.

                  From everything I gather, McDaniels is wasting no time placing an emphatic stamp on the organization that things will be done far differently than in the past. The fact that the stamp bears a striking resemblance to the logo of the Patriots, McDaniels' previous employer, shouldn't come as a shock, yet it has been a shock to the systems of Broncos who generally operated in a setting that wasn't as tightly controlled or as -- how should we put this? -- frosty as the one guided by McDaniels' former boss, Bill Belichick.

                  I think some people allowed themselves to be fooled by the fact that McDaniels is only 32 and looks about 17 years younger than that. He obliterated the widely held notion that he was stepping into a virtual turn-key situation on offense by entertaining trade offers for Cutler, the Pro Bowl quarterback who guided an offense that ranked second overall and third in passing last season. Now Cutler is livid. Scheffler, who's as close with Cutler as any player on the team, characterized the quarterback as "hurt and upset."

                  Whether Cutler and McDaniels can establish even a minimal working relationship remains to be seen, but that could be a moot point if the quarterback is traded, which is a distinct possibility. Based on McDaniels' pursuit of Matt Cassel, whom he coached in New England, it's abundantly clear that he wants his own quarterback who will operate his low-risk, high-efficiency approach (which one doesn't readily associate with Cutler) his way.

                  Other Broncos also are casting a wary eye toward McDaniels and the program he's putting in place. Scheffler, who caught 89 passes the past two seasons, expressed concern about how little the tight end is used as a receiver in the Patriots' offense. And there's a general thought among several of Denver's offensive players that the new sheriff in town will try to fix what isn't broken.

                  "We were second in the NFL in yards, and you think you did a pretty good job and had a pretty good season on offense," Scheffler said. "To look forward to kind of coming in (for offseason workouts) and getting dissected is hard, but it's just part of the business. It's tough. It's a man's game."
                  WIN, LOSE OR TIE, I WILL BE A BRONCO FAN TIL THE DAY I DIE.

                  Comment


                  • Are you serious? Are you really that stupid? THAT'S ON A MESSAGE BOARD. I think I win when it comes to legit source.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MaG24 View Post
                      Are you serious? Are you really that stupid? THAT'S ON A MESSAGE BOARD. I think I win when it comes to legit source.
                      You have one piece of information... The McDummy quote. And it's a total LIE.

                      He DID try to trade Jay Cutler, and that's what my post on this message board was breaking down.

                      Comment


                      • If we trade Cutler we will have a losing season for the next two-three years, unless we get someone named Brady,Manning, or Brees. All you people screaming from the mountaintops for him to be traded are tools.

                        Comment


                        • So you're picking personal opinion of a lie over what was really said. Smart. You don't know him. You don't know his plans. You don't know how all this will work out.

                          Comment


                          • He just wanted one more time to say the word mcdummy.

                            Seriously we haven't even played one game yet with him as the coach. How does anyone know how anything is going to turn out?

                            Btw sources do say that the lions and buccs initiated the trade talks, not the broncos.

                            Comment


                            • Good to know someone agrees with me.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BigMert View Post
                                http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true


                                McDaniels' 'cutthroat' approach puts Broncos players on edge
                                By Vic Carucci | NFL.com
                                Senior Columnist





                                These are extremely uncertain times for Denver Broncos players who once called Mike Shanahan their coach. And the trade talk surrounding quarterback Jay Cutler is only the tip of the iceberg that arrived in the Mile High City from New England in the form of new coach Josh McDaniels.

                                I've spent the past few days talking with people around the NFL and in Denver, and they describe an atmosphere of growing tension and anxiety among most members of the roster left over from the Shanahan regime.

                                Consider this take from tight end Tony Scheffler, a guest on a Sirius NFL Radio show that I co-hosted last night with Gil Brandt: "It's been pretty cutthroat so far."


                                That's hardly uncommon after a coaching change, but compared to countless transitions I've observed in 30 years of covering the NFL, this seems a bit rougher than others.

                                From everything I gather, McDaniels is wasting no time placing an emphatic stamp on the organization that things will be done far differently than in the past. The fact that the stamp bears a striking resemblance to the logo of the Patriots, McDaniels' previous employer, shouldn't come as a shock, yet it has been a shock to the systems of Broncos who generally operated in a setting that wasn't as tightly controlled or as -- how should we put this? -- frosty as the one guided by McDaniels' former boss, Bill Belichick.

                                I think some people allowed themselves to be fooled by the fact that McDaniels is only 32 and looks about 17 years younger than that. He obliterated the widely held notion that he was stepping into a virtual turn-key situation on offense by entertaining trade offers for Cutler, the Pro Bowl quarterback who guided an offense that ranked second overall and third in passing last season. Now Cutler is livid. Scheffler, who's as close with Cutler as any player on the team, characterized the quarterback as "hurt and upset."

                                Whether Cutler and McDaniels can establish even a minimal working relationship remains to be seen, but that could be a moot point if the quarterback is traded, which is a distinct possibility. Based on McDaniels' pursuit of Matt Cassel, whom he coached in New England, it's abundantly clear that he wants his own quarterback who will operate his low-risk, high-efficiency approach (which one doesn't readily associate with Cutler) his way.

                                Other Broncos also are casting a wary eye toward McDaniels and the program he's putting in place. Scheffler, who caught 89 passes the past two seasons, expressed concern about how little the tight end is used as a receiver in the Patriots' offense. And there's a general thought among several of Denver's offensive players that the new sheriff in town will try to fix what isn't broken.

                                "We were second in the NFL in yards, and you think you did a pretty good job and had a pretty good season on offense," Scheffler said. "To look forward to kind of coming in (for offseason workouts) and getting dissected is hard, but it's just part of the business. It's tough. It's a man's game."
                                quote of the week. especially the last sentence.

                                if cutty could articulate half as well as sheff does, he wouldn't be catching all this heat.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X