McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Because its dealing with the media, and its like dealing with a jury. You continue, and always, deny deny deny.

We'll never hear him admit to the public that he lied about his story. Because if he does, EVERYONE will continue to throw it back in his face. They will continue to doubt him no matter what, and the media/fans will continue to compare him to BB in that regard.

Instead, if he sticks to his story, then at least he can hide behind that lie without people calling him a liar to his face day in and day out.

I agree... but he BETTER come to the truth behind closed doors with Jay. Because jay knows the truth, like the rest of us do, and if he continues with this same lame-crap of a story with Jay when its just them in the office...... he will lose the trust of the QB completely and for good.
    Theres no proof he lied and no proof he didnt, get over it, until the bucs or lions gm openly says they never called us and we called them, hes not lieing. Noone else knows what went on aside from those 3 ppl.
    Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
      *Sigh*

If McDaniels is still sticking to this story, then I've lost all respect for him. I don't understand why he just won't admit he seriously considered trading Jay for Matt Cassel. It's been confirmed by numerous sources.

This 'just answered the phone and listened' garbage is just that. Liars - especially public figures - just really bother me, to be perfectly honest.
      Originally posted by BroncoFan1088 View Post
      It has not been confirmed EVER yet. Noone can confirm it except the bucs GM, the lions GM or the Broncos.

Eveything else is pure speculation, until one of them confirm it, its not true so stop being ignorant. At least admit to not knowing what happend, we can't all be puzzle solvers. I openly admit I've stayed quiet regarding this for the most part because I do not know what happend and none of you do either and neither does the media, they will pull anything to get a story, the most reliable guy in the media is shefter and he even said teams came to the broncos and not the broncos going to them.

So please until the bucs, lions, or our gms come out and openly say something, refrain from assuming and take our gms word for it because if it wasnt true the bucs and lions would have already jumped out and said that it was a lie and that we called them.
      THERE you go Mojo... a perfect example as to why McDaniels continues to lie instead of coming forward and telling the truth. Because there are still people that will hold out because there was no "admittance" of the truth.

Thank you for coming forward and providing a PERFECT example for everyone, broncofan

Comment

• He believes him if you havent heard graham talk before he always uses the word you know
        PROUD MEMBER OF BRONCOS COUNTRY
        sigpic

Comment

*Sigh*

If McDaniels is still sticking to this story, then I've lost all respect for him. I don't understand why he just won't admit he seriously considered trading Jay for Matt Cassel. It's been confirmed by numerous sources.

This 'just answered the phone and listened' garbage is just that. Liars - especially public figures - just really bother me, to be perfectly honest.
          With all due respect, there hasn't been one NFL organization, not the Lions, not the Bucs, not the Browns, and not the Vikings, not the Patriots, that have confirmed to anyone that Broncos reached out "feelers" for Cutler.

I'm starting to think all these analysts "sources" are a bunch of crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mumbly_Joe View Post
            Yeah, but Belichick was being BB long before he had accomplished anything

he doesn't like ego's, he never has

I know a lot of people here hate the patriots, but one thing you have to concede is that people who put themselves above the team, don't stay on the team very long.

I remember there was an article last year that took all of the playoff teams and looked at which players they had in the top 5 salary bracket for their position

for the colts it was like Freeney, Manning, Sanders, Clark, Vinatari

for the pats, there was none, there is not a single top 5 player on the pats
            (or at leas there wasn't, they also conceded that TB and Seymour where like 6)
            I don't have a problem with the Patriots. I know a lot of Patriots fans and root for them as long as they're not playing the Broncos. I admire what Belichick has accomplished with that team.

However, let's not confuse what McDaniels tried to pull with Belichick's approach. McDaniels tried to get rid of the best player on his new team, ostensibly to either show the team who's the boss or who was so arrogant about his scheme that he didn't trust another QB (who is considered better than his buddy, the career backup, by practically everyone) to run it. That doesn't sound like someone who doesn't tolerate egos. It sounds like someone with a giant ego themselves.
            Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFan1088 View Post
              Theres no proof he lied and no proof he didnt, get over it, until the bucs or lions gm openly says they never called us and we called them, hes not lieing. Noone else knows what went on aside from those 3 ppl.
              Actually.. you are wrong. He's still lying whether he admits it or not. Thats the definition of a lie. See, the Bucs and Lions aren't going to come out and call anyone a liar. Thats none of their business.

So if you are holding your breath for some 100% handholding, eye-witness.... then you are right. You will never get it. This is why he continues to tell lies to everyone. Because he knows there will never be that "proof".. other than the OBVIOUS facts.... yet knows there will always be followers to believe what they are told.

Comment

• This Ones...FOR JOHN!!
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
                  omg...a pats fan that backs mcdaniels over cutler...shocker

he probably believes without a doubt that belicheat didnt cheat to win superbowls, he didnt use the game tape, and he surely didnt know it was wrong to do so
                  sigpic
                  when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Also, we need to remember that Jay Cutler lied too in this whole ordeal.

Comment

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                      With all due respect, there hasn't been one NFL organization, not the Lions, not the Bucs, not the Browns, and not the Vikings, not the Patriots, that have confirmed to anyone that Broncos reached out "feelers" for Cutler.

I'm starting to think all these analysts "sources" are a bunch of crap.
                      Soooo.... it makes more sense to you, that multible teams just happened to call the Broncos about their 3rd year, pro-bowl, franchise QB that still has 3 years left on his contract?? This is what you believe silk??? Come on.... I know you better than that. YOu are much more skeptical of a person than this. You are actually using that skeptisim to doubt the reporters when THEY are the ones that don't have a THING to lie about.... but McDaniels does. Follow the need man, follow the reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFan1088 View Post
                        It has not been confirmed EVER yet. Noone can confirm it except the bucs GM, the lions GM or the Broncos.

Eveything else is pure speculation, until one of them confirm it, its not true so stop being ignorant. At least admit to not knowing what happend, we can't all be puzzle solvers. I openly admit I've stayed quiet regarding this for the most part because I do not know what happend and none of you do either and neither does the media, they will pull anything to get a story, the most reliable guy in the media is shefter and he even said teams came to the broncos and not the broncos going to them.

So please until the bucs, lions, or our gms come out and openly say something, refrain from assuming and take our gms word for it because if it wasnt true the bucs and lions would have already jumped out and said that it was a lie and that we called them.
                        I've been a football fan for years and consider myself to be fairly well educated and logical person. I can take the facts, rumors, and other little tidbits I've heard and read over the past few days to come up with what I believe to be a fairly accurate account of what transpired in the Broncos front office.

Now, you don't have to agree with that assessment. However, if you expect to get any honesty from these teams regarding what happened, then with all due respect you're very naive.

The Broncos tried to trade Jay for Matt Cassel. He knows it, the media knows it, and many of us know it. If McDaniels wants to continue to deny it, so be it. My respect for the man is gone until he does something to re-earn it. Obviously, I'm sure he won't lose sleep at night. But even still, I think the man is shady and borderline slimy, and I don't trust the system from which he came.
                        sigpic

Comment

"Josh McDaniels tried trading Jay Cutler? That rat b****** son of a b****!"

John Elway

(Or something like that )
                          I know you're joking, but I don't think John is too high on Jay, regardless.

Comment

Also, we need to remember that Jay Cutler lied too in this whole ordeal.
                            Will you elaborate?
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                              Actually.. you are wrong. He's still lying whether he admits it or not. Thats the definition of a lie. See, the Bucs and Lions aren't going to come out and call anyone a liar. Thats none of their business.

So if you are holding your breath for some 100% handholding, eye-witness.... then you are right. You will never get it. This is why he continues to tell lies to everyone. Because he knows there will never be that "proof".. other than the OBVIOUS facts.... yet knows there will always be followers to believe what they are told.
                              Where is the proof that he iniatiated the talks? The media? Give me a break if you believe the media, you'd bea fool, I prefer to not believe anyone and admit I DONT KNOW that happend just like YOU DONT KNOW either. Why can people just admit to not knowing things, we can't all be geniouses. He may be lieing, he may not, we may never know, but there are no facts in regards to either being true, just pure speculation by the media? How can you possible believe that you know exactly how it went down just from hearing what the media has said?

The one reliable media souce for me is Shefter and he even said we fielded calls and did not make calls. But even at that its still not a fact and we don't know what happend, how hard is it to admit that we dont know and may never know?
                              Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

Comment

Also, we need to remember that Jay Cutler lied too in this whole ordeal.
                                I'm with mojo.. could you elaborate on that? Because I'm not sure what you mean as far as jay lying.

Comment

Working...
                                X