McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Soooo.... it makes more sense to you, that multible teams just happened to call the Broncos about their 3rd year, pro-bowl, franchise QB that still has 3 years left on his contract?? This is what you believe silk??? Come on.... I know you better than that. YOu are much more skeptical of a person than this. You are actually using that skeptisim to doubt the reporters when THEY are the ones that don't have a THING to lie about.... but McDaniels does. Follow the need man, follow the reasons.
    Adam Schefter, who's been the most recent spot on analyst concerning Denver football, stated himself that Denver didn't reach out to anyone. Both the Bucs, and the Lions, reached out to Denver about Cutler. Both the Lions, and the Bucs, dangled Cassel as trade bait. Both the Lions, and Bucs reached out to Denver with Cassel, AFTER talking with the Patriots about acquiring Cassel.

Comment

I'm with mojo.. could you elaborate on that? Because I'm not sure what you mean as far as jay lying.
      The same media you guys believe and make your self proclaimed "accurate" accounts of the situation from also reported that Cutler demanded a trade after we let Bates go. Although cutler denied it, but of course his denial is a truth, while McDaniels must be a lie.

I openly admit to not knowing what happens, but obviously admiting to not knowing something is impossible for some people, oh how I wish I knew what it was like to know everything!
      Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

Comment

• According to Peter King, Jay asked for a trade after Bates left. So why would Jay be surprised if that's the case? That's what he was referring to.
        WELCOME TO DENVER TIM

Comment

I'm with mojo.. could you elaborate on that? Because I'm not sure what you mean as far as jay lying.
          "They're still trying to trade me, from what I hear..."

I wonder who told him that? Chris Mortenson?

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFan1088 View Post
            Where is the proof that he iniatiated the talks? The media? Give me a break if you believe the media, you'd bea fool, I prefer to not believe anyone and admit I DONT KNOW that happend just like YOU DONT KNOW either. Why can people just admit to not knowing things, we can't all be geniouses. He may be lieing, he may not, we may never know, but there are no facts in regards to either being true, just pure speculation by the media? How can you possible believe that you know exactly how it went down just from hearing what the media has said?

The one reliable media souce for me is Shefter and he even said we fielded calls and did not make calls. But even at that its still not a fact and we don't know what happend, how hard is it to admit that we dont know and may never know?
            and like I said.. I think there is enough proof to see without having to hear them admit anything.

You are the reason why people follow the old cliche' .. "deny deny deny".. because you won't accept the facts, only what you consider to be completely and totally blatantly told to you.

If you truly believe that several teams called teh Broncos out of the blue, all on the same day, to ask about trading away their third year, pro-bowl, QB taht still has three years left on his contract with NOOOO other reason other than to just "check out the response"... fine. Believe it

But 'm not going to. I'm not going to be that foolish and blind. But be my guest if thats what you wish to believe. LIke I said, this is what McDaniels is counting on and why he continues to tell the same lie rather than admit it outright.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFan1088 View Post
              Where is the proof that he iniatiated the talks? The media? Give me a break if you believe the media, you'd bea fool, I prefer to not believe anyone and admit I DONT KNOW that happend just like YOU DONT KNOW either. Why can people just admit to not knowing things, we can't all be geniouses. He may be lieing, he may not, we may never know, but there are no facts in regards to either being true, just pure speculation by the media? How can you possible believe that you know exactly how it went down just from hearing what the media has said?

The one reliable media souce for me is Shefter and he even said we fielded calls and did not make calls. But even at that its still not a fact and we don't know what happend, how hard is it to admit that we dont know and may never know?
              I don't think rav is denying that we'll never know the full story of what happened. I think rav is saying that it's pretty obvious what happened to those that know and understand football, and that's counter to the story McDaniels has continued to try and sell.
              sigpic

Comment

• Funny how some of you guys choose to believe Vic Lombardi, and Chris Mortensen, over Adam Schefter on this one.

Could there be some biased feelings against McDaniels, perhaps?

Comment

You know.... he doesn't believe McDaniels story either. He knows, you know, that they are just repeating the same crap and sticking to their same junk. You know, they are just aren't going to come clean. I hope, you know, that they come clean to Jay behind closed doors. Let them keep their lame story to the public, but you know, they need to be truthful to the players one-on-one. Thats the ONLY way they will earn the trust... you know.
                  You know, don't you think that's what McDaniel's needs to do, you know, stick to his junk if he really wants Jay to stay, you know. And what if he really is telling the truth, what if Jay's agent is the one who actually started this whole debacle in the first place. Jay's not getting traded, so none of this really matters anyway, forgive and forget and play some darn tootin ball, you know

Comment

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post

Well...I think we're stretching what constitutes a liar. The fact is the Broncos didn't attempt to communicate to Jay or his agent until Sunday, after everything went down. If Jay's agent is calling around asking these teams what's going on, and they're telling him 'yeah the Broncos were trying to trade him', then Jay will naturally assume he's still being traded unless the Broncos tell him otherwise, which they didn't until Sunday/Monday.

And no, I don't think it was Mort. I'm fairly confident Jay got his information from his agent Bus Cook.
                    sigpic

Comment

Come on man.. don't be silly. If THAT is what you are calling a lie, then I think youa re just LOOKING for reasons to bang on Cutler... and I know thats what you are doing.

You can be a ticket salesman and 'hear' things from inside sources and ACTUALLY have them right. When you are IN the company, and work with the company, and ESPECIALLY when you are a big name in the company.... you hear things. People tell you things. So please... give me something MORE than that if you are goign to try and bang on Jay... that one is failing miserably.

This last Broncos "announcement" that they are not looking to trade Jay, sounds like they are saying they are NO LONGER looking to trade Jay to me if you read their words. I was shocked that you are using that skeptical persona of yours to ignore the obvious...but I forgot that its Jay you are looking to 'invalidate' with your theories.

Comment

• finally some open minded people come out of the woodworks. :go:

Comment

Funny how some of you guys choose to believe Vic Lombardi, and Chris Mortensen, over Adam Schefter on this one.

Schefter hasn't denied anything. All he's stated was that it was the Broncos that were contacted and they ultimately turned the trade offer down.

Logic would ask you why is it the Broncos were contacted in the first place, and why did they stop talking to Jay's agent Saturday night and why have they opted not to respond to this story any futher than a half-hearted denial Saturday evening?
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                            Well...I think we're stretching what constitutes a liar. The fact is the Broncos didn't attempt to communicate to Jay or his agent until Sunday, after everything went down. If Jay's agent is calling around asking these teams what's going on, and they're telling him 'yeah the Broncos were trying to trade him', then Jay will naturally assume he's still being traded unless the Broncos tell him otherwise, which they didn't until Sunday/Monday.

And no, I don't think it was Mort. I'm fairly confident Jay got his information from his agent Bus Cook.
                            Was it Cutler's agent that was calling around asking other teams? The same guy that said "Jay Cutler is still on the block?"

Boy is he uninformed.

Comment

Funny how some of you guys choose to believe Vic Lombardi, and Chris Mortensen, over Adam Schefter on this one.

Shefter sidn't report anything proving McDaniels didn't lie!!! He just reported what he was told. But if you can't look at the EVENTS that happened and ignore those repeating what they have been told, then thats your business

I don't have a SINGLE thing against McDaniels before this. But its SOOOOO Obvious that his story is FULL Of holes. Its not even funny how this is so obvious. I'm shocked anyone would buy his crap.. but hey..... whatever.

Comment

• Jay never asked for a trade, and his agent said the same thing. He was never EVER informed.

What in the hell is Cutler going to do... Ask for a trade without informing his agent?

I already posted and DEBUNKED in my other thread of how the whole "losing Bates caused Jay to ask for a trade."

On January 13th, Jim Bates was given permission to look for another job. It was a fair move by McD largely for the fact that he was going to be the one calling plays.

Was Jay a little depressed? Probably... He and Bates a solid relationship.

A few days later, Cutler and McD FINALLY talked.

After the conversation, BOTH were on the same page and looking forward to growing as a tandem in the NFL:

"We had a great conversation about where we're going, what we're going to do and some of the things we've done in New England in the past and some of the things they did here," McDaniels told KCNC-4. "We had a very, very lively conversation.
                                "We're going to work hard to get (Cutler) just as comfortable with my system and this system as he was in Mike's system."

The whole Cutler wanted a trade after Bates left was pure media HYPE. A juicy story to add on to Mcdaniels TERRIBLE idea and ass hat of a job of even thinking of trading Cutler, and then LYING about it.

Cutler NEVER asked to be traded.

Debunked, again.
                                Last edited by Peerless; 03-03-2009, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X