McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
    I don't have a problem with the Patriots. I know a lot of Patriots fans and root for them as long as they're not playing the Broncos. I admire what Belichick has accomplished with that team.

However, let's not confuse what McDaniels tried to pull with Belichick's approach. McDaniels tried to get rid of the best player on his new team, ostensibly to either show the team who's the boss or who was so arrogant about his scheme that he didn't trust another QB (who is considered better than his buddy, the career backup, by practically everyone) to run it. That doesn't sound like someone who doesn't tolerate egos. It sounds like someone with a giant ego themselves.

Fair enough, here's my take on the this whole thing

When people describe Cutler, even people on this forum, they say "cannon for an arm!" "makes all the throws!" "accurate on the run!"
    I do not hear "makes great decisions" ect...
    Now I know the arguments "the defense sucks and the offense needs to score x+ points every game"
    and maybe he does, I don't catch a lot of games, but I can tell you this

So here's my logic, Matt Cassel did a pretty good job of demonstrating decision making

He checked down, didn't make a lot of risky throws, ect...

Talent wise Cutler is superior

But for decision making, that might actually go to cassel, and sometime that's all your looking for
    (See, Chad Pennington vs. JaMarcus Russel debate)

Any way, hope it all works out for you so we can take pride in kicking your asses

-Mumbly

Comment

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
      So obviously it HAS to be McDaniels?

Please.

I still don't see any proof that Denver actually tried to trade Jay.
      But you see proof that Jay is lying and is inaccurate when he states outright 'I know they tried to trade me'?

You're right. I don't trust McDaniels. I don't trust the coach he worked under, and I know how that system works.

Nothing about Jay screams dishonesty, from the moment he got here. Everything about Belichick and his system is shady and sketchy. So I am more inclined to believe Jay on this one than McDaniels, especially given his initial reaction when asked about this was essentially 'no comment'.
      sigpic

Comment

• I think that Mcdumbass is just like BB and want guys that can't think for themselves. He wants a puppet, or a robot. They will never have guys like big Ben,Favre,Bradshaw, or ant other Q/B with character. I would like to see Mcdumbass gone

Comment

• I don't know who's right or wrong in this debacle, but I wish Jay had this type of fire at the end of the season. Not sure if that was apathy or 'demotional' withdrawl but he's offended that he was brought up in a trade, but gave the company line when they folded down the stretch? Ugh - let's just hope this is something the entire ORGANIZATION can take something away from and be better.
          Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
            Read that again and tell Me how that makes any sense.
            Your kidding right?

That makes about as much sense as a guy like **** Vermeil actually wanting to bring some garbage QB named Trent Green to him with KC. I mean, Trent Green was just some scrub undrafted career backup QB.

Comment

• I guess I feel I need to fire a few rounds here... Broncofan1088 is correct, I've liked some of your posts in the past Ravage but you're wearing your heart on your sleeve.
              Jay did act like a whiner and when the Brocncos cut Bates he said he wanted to be traded.
              Jay is acting like this is High School Football and taking things personal.
              This is a business. Period. Acting the way would be like you having a disagreement with your boss and not showing up to work... "I'm too angry and I'll meet with you next week." - That would get you fired from most jobs A-LA Job abandonment.
              If anyone offered a Hershel Walker esq-trade for Jay I'd be down. Right now I'm learning a lot about Jays character and I'm not in agreement with him.
              Last night Trent Dilfer said some of the best stuff about this... Basically Josh is the boss and people need to get in line. No one is above the team and this is Josh's team.
              I hope they fix things... I hope Jay grows up... but right now I'm about the Team and Orgnization. I'm embarrassed that we are in the media like freakin drama queens. If we trade Jay and Cut Marshall I'm for it at this point. This isn't what professionals do. I'm disgusted with the whole thing and I don't believe the team "lied". They have nothing to gain with lying. They are the employers and Jay is an EMPLOYEE. That's how it is...
              GO BRONCOS!

Comment

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                Terrible.

The Patriots thought enough of Cassel to NOT sign a veteran when Brady went down.

They thought enough to FRANCHISE him.

SCOTT PIOLI, thought enough of him to NOT restructure his franchise tender, which he had the oppurtunity, meaning they have to sign him to a long term deal, or franchise him next year.

But hey, what does Scott Pioli, Bill Belichek, and Josh McDaniels actually know about QB's, right?
                Look, it's quite clear you've taken McDaniels' side on this. That's fine - you're perfectly entitled to.

But I'm not going to sit here and argue McDaniels' ability to evaluate a quarterback. He's 32 years old and played under a system in which the head coach ruled with an iron fist. We know next to nothing about McDaniels, so let's not try to sit here and build him up into something he's not.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                  But you see proof that Jay is lying and is inaccurate when he states outright 'I know they tried to trade me'?

You're right. I don't trust McDaniels. I don't trust the coach he worked under, and I know how that system works.

Nothing about Jay screams dishonesty, from the moment he got here. Everything about Belichick and his system is shady and sketchy. So I am more inclined to believe Jay on this one than McDaniels, especially given his initial reaction when asked about this was essentially 'no comment'.
                  What happened? TB and Detroit needed more than just Jay Cutler if they were sending us Matt Cassel?

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncodoodle View Post
                    I guess I feel I need to fire a few rounds here... Broncofan1088 is correct, I've liked some of your posts in the past Ravage but you're wearing your heart on your sleeve.
                    Jay did act like a whiner and when the Brocncos cut Bates he said he wanted to be traded.
                    STOP right there... NO HE DIDN'T!

LOOK at the FACTS!

It's ALL right there, and is ALL media HYPE!

Comment

• Originally posted by biggymac609 View Post
                      Well man you know, that McDaniels and Graham do have a good relationship, you know... But I still think, you know that McD did try to trade Jay... You know a QB and HC must have a good relationship in order to succeed!

YOU KNOW!

Comment

• How is it hard to understand that neither person may be lieing and that what "COULD" have happend is simply the bucs made a call saying," Hey we can get cassel from the pats for a 2nd round pick, if you guys are interested in swapping cassel for cutler we'd be down and we would give you guys a first rounder if you throw in your 2nd."

McDaniels... "hmmm, Cassel knows my system and did well last season (these guys might be a trade down partner in the draft so I should be polite), no thanks guys, I think I'll stick with Cutler."

That could be something along the lines of what happend, or McDaniels could be lieing, but guess what I dont know and you don't know, so this argument goes nowhere!! Except for the fact we should all be able to admit to not knowing something.
                        Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFan1088 View Post
                          Your simply assuming what happend, nothing is obvioius because nothing that has been said has been a fact, incase you both need a lesson on knowledge here is a quicky.
                          SO are you. YOu are assuming that McDaniels is telling the truth despite the amount of evidence to point otherwise. I think thats nice of you to assume the best of people, but in reality, there are just toooo many strange coincidences that completely beat the 'real' odds of this happening.

Did you know there is really 'no proof' that Obama bin Laden had anything to do with the 911 bombings?? But there is just overwhelming enough facts to make that declaration.

Teams do NOT call up a team and ask if they are interested in trading away their young, pro-bowl, franchise QB. If it did, it wouldn't happen from multible teams on the same day at the same time. Thats just WAAyyyyy too much coincidence to be ignored.

If you wish to simply believe because none of us were in the room.. fine. I'm not going to. I'm not going to feel that foolish simply to believe his word.... because I believe he is LYING about it. See, thats why I don't take his word despite how many times he says the words. Because I dont' think the facts back up what he is saying, one bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                            Look, it's quite clear you've taken McDaniels' side on this. That's fine - you're perfectly entitled to.

But I'm not going to sit here and argue McDaniels' ability to evaluate a quarterback. He's 32 years old and played under a system in which the head coach ruled with an iron fist. We know next to nothing about McDaniels, so let's not try to sit here and build him up into something he's not.
                            Bill Belichek gave McDaniels the keys to the offense, and focused on fixing the defense. He did not rule with an iron fist.

Comment

• Originally posted by guambroncofan View Post
                              Has anyone heard anything if Elway has made any comments on how Cutler has been dealing with the trade rumors? I think now would be a perfect opportunity for John to mentor Jay a little and get him past this debacle! :cutler:
                              John is too old and wise, he is avoiding this thing like the plague, he is too busy making money, playing golf , shinning his super bowl rings and hitting that fine azz former cheerleader he is about to marry......Johns got it good dont he?
                              "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

• Jay has always been brutaly honest to the media. He will tell the truth, even if it hurts his image. What makes you think he suddenly changed to lie when it doesn't benifit him?

Comment

Working...
                                X