McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    SO are you. YOu are assuming that McDaniels is telling the truth despite the amount of evidence to point otherwise. I think thats nice of you to assume the best of people, but in reality, there are just toooo many strange coincidences that completely beat the 'real' odds of this happening.

Did you know there is really 'no proof' that Obama bin Laden had anything to do with the 911 bombings?? But there is just overwhelming enough facts to make that declaration.

Teams do NOT call up a team and ask if they are interested in trading away their young, pro-bowl, franchise QB. If it did, it wouldn't happen from multible teams on the same day at the same time. Thats just WAAyyyyy too much coincidence to be ignored.

If you wish to simply believe because none of us were in the room.. fine. I'm not going to. I'm not going to feel that foolish simply to believe his word.... because I believe he is LYING about it. See, thats why I don't take his word despite how many times he says the words. Because I dont' think the facts back up what he is saying, one bit.

Holy christ, how many times can I say this.

McDaniels might have lied, he might not have.

I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPEND!!!!!!! NEITHER DO YOU!!!!

I am not going to assume, It could go either way, I'd rather us remain nuetral until we find out the truth and if it never comes out, oh well, as long as we win it blows over.

No assumptions, I simply DO NOT KNOW, admit it for once in your life, you might feel good, can't know everything.
    Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFan1088 View Post
      How is it hard to understand that neither person may be lieing and that what "COULD" have happend is simply the bucs made a call saying," Hey we can get cassel from the pats for a 2nd round pick, if you guys are interested in swapping cassel for cutler we'd be down and we would give you guys a first rounder if you throw in your 2nd."

McDaniels... "hmmm, Cassel knows my system and did well last season (these guys might be a trade down partner in the draft so I should be polite), no thanks guys, I think I'll stick with Cutler."

That could be something along the lines of what happend, or McDaniels could be lieing, but guess what I dont know and you don't know, so this argument goes nowhere!! Except for the fact we should all be able to admit to not knowing something.
      Because if THAT were the case, the Bucs would have had to have had talks with NE to know they could have gotten Cassel for a 2nd round pick (which they wouldn't have been able to unless their last name was Piolli). Those talks didn't happen. They weren't trying to trade for Cassel, they called to trade for Cutler.

It was McDaniels that was going to use THAT pick to then trade away for Cassel.. hence why McDaniels was putting the feelers out to see what would be offered. Apparently, the Bucs offered a 1st and a fourth (see how people know what was offered??).... just as they would know what was the offer from the Bucs to NE if there was talks. There wasn't any.

At least use logic with your made up stories to justify the lies that McDaniel's is telling.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
        Jay has always been brutaly honest to the media. He will tell the truth, even if it hurts his image. What makes you think he suddenly changed to lie when it doesn't benifit him?
        Another VALID point.

Jay literally called out Brandon Marshall because he was PISSED off at him for being such a screw up. He CALLED him out. "He's not my favorite guy right now."

Why in the hell would Jay ask for a trade? It doesn't make any SENSE. h

And from this , it clearly shows that BOTH men were on the same page.

Cutler did NOT ask for a trade.

Comment

Those talks didn't happen. They weren't trying to trade for Cassel, they called to trade for Cutler.
          Yes they did. You are choosing to ignore that part of the story.

Comment

• I dont know, let me call him and ask.....

100 post rule bud...

Comment

• I don't blame McDaniel's one moment for wanting to bring in Cassel. Matt already knows Josh's system and there wouldn't any learning curve involved, he could start and have the whole playbook from day 1. With Cutler, it might take him 2 or 3 full years to grasp and learn every single play.

Now that, that trade fell through, who cares who said what to what team, it doesn't matter, this is a business. As much as I hate hearing that, it is true. Josh was just trying to do what he thought was best for this organization and the offense he is trying to run. Cassel is not coming to Denver, so Jay is still the starting QB and still the franchise player.

Nobody is going to care about any of this when the Broncos start winning football games. After they win the west, and win their first round in the playoffs, nobody is going to care about any of this. Don't hate on J-mack for just "trying" to make this team better, which by the way he has already done by bringing in Dawkins. He knows that the defense is horrible, that's why he cut half the starters from last year. This team will be better this coming season, and Jay Cutler will still be the main focal point of the team. :go:

Comment

• Ravage you are a Cutler-lover, that's all there is to this argument I've read on the last 4 pages.

McDanields could have lied. Maybe he didn't. The media has no proof and you have no proof.

I'm staying neutral with this rather than jump to conclusions based on claims of reporters. What if McDaniels is telling the truth? That would make you and a lot of other fans look like pretty big ****s right now.

Comment

• Elway's probably glad he doesn't have to go through this same crap over again.

Comment

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                    What happened? TB and Detroit needed more than just Jay Cutler if they were sending us Matt Cassel?
                    Sandy Clough spoke to an NFL Insider today who he swore by, and stated that had the trade with Detroit gone through, it would have yielded the Broncos the 1st pick, the 20th pick, and Matt Cassel. It wasn't the Broncos that nixed the trade - it was New England (and to be perfectly honest I had to leave so I didn't hear the specifics as to why New England had to nix the trade, just that they were more or less forced to).

He states according to his insider, the Tampa Bay deal was the one that came in late, and was the offer that ultimately tipped off the media.

Now, that's just more speculation and 'insider' information, so take it for what you will. But it seems quite obvious that Tampa and Detroit were going to give up quite a bit for the chance at Cutler, and despite their denials, the Broncos were considering it and likely would have gone through with it if New England didn't nix it.

So again, we go back to the logistics of the situation. Logically, it makes more sense that McDaniels was working a trade to bring in Matt Cassel and more potential draft picks in exchange for Jay Cutler. The deal fell through (in this case both of them), and word leaked. Rather than just admit it and own it, McDaniels at first 'no commented' it, then lied about it, then when it became clear he was caught in his lie, determined the Broncos would no longer discuss the matter with the media.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
                      Jay has always been brutaly honest to the media. He will tell the truth, even if it hurts his image. What makes you think he suddenly changed to lie when it doesn't benifit him?
                      Excellent point.

Either way. I don't know how it comes down to it. ... but some want to believe McDaniels story. Seems pretty blatantly obvious.... even to almost everyone on Radio and TV and sportswriters. DOes that make it true? No.. but I'm sure as well more likely to believe players that have been on footballt eams that know what kind of things go on, how they go on, and what king of talks happen than some kind of lame lie.

Oh well. People always have their side.

Comment

• http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/153618
                        sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

• Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
                          Ravage you are a Cutler-lover, that's all there is to this argument I've read on the last 4 pages.

McDanields could have lied. Maybe he didn't. The media has no proof and you have no proof.

I'm staying neutral with this rather than jump to conclusions based on claims of reporters. What if McDaniels is telling the truth? That would make you and a lot of other fans look like pretty big ****s right now.
                          If you use LOGIC, and look at the situation with a logical approach... it ALL adds up to the fact that he TRIED to trade Cutler and FAILED, and then hid between his legs by LYING about it.

Comment

Because if THAT were the case, the Bucs would have had to have had talks with NE to know they could have gotten Cassel for a 2nd round pick (which they wouldn't have been able to unless their last name was Piolli). Those talks didn't happen. They weren't trying to trade for Cassel, they called to trade for Cutler.

It was McDaniels that was going to use THAT pick to then trade away for Cassel.. hence why McDaniels was putting the feelers out to see what would be offered. Apparently, the Bucs offered a 1st and a fourth (see how people know what was offered??).... just as they would know what was the offer from the Bucs to NE if there was talks. There wasn't any.

At least use logic with your made up stories to justify the lies that McDaniel's is telling.

I'm not saying its justifying anything, I'm saying its just as much a possibility as McDaniels lieing since WE DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPEND.

What is so hard to understand about knowledge for you?
                            1st you must have a belief
                            2nd that belief must be proven to be a truth
                            3rd that truth must be justified by people of no persnal interest in the situation

We do not have actual knowledge on this matter, hence we do not truly know what happend.

Guess what? I don't know what happend and I'm damn proud to admit it because I don't know everything? Can you say that too or is your ego to big?
                            Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                              *Sigh*

If McDaniels is still sticking to this story, then I've lost all respect for him. I don't understand why he just won't admit he seriously considered trading Jay for Matt Cassel. It's been confirmed by numerous sources.

This 'just answered the phone and listened' garbage is just that. Liars - especially public figures - just really bother me, to be perfectly honest.
                              How do you know this isn't the truth? Just because it is not what you want to hear? I think McDaniels is doing a great job thus far, and I am sure when our offense is out there kicking major A.S.S. we won't be complaining. So let Cutler be upset for now (not rightfully so), and eventually we will be enjoying Broncos football again.

Comment

• They see me rollin
                                They hatin'
                                Patrollin'
                                they tryin' to catch me ridin. dirty.
                                Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty.
                                Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty......

Comment

Working...
                                X