McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jvw View Post
    I don't blame McDaniel's one moment for wanting to bring in Cassel. Matt already know Josh's system and there wouldn't any learning curve involved, he could start and have the whole playbook from day 1. With Cutler, it might take him 2 or 3 full years to grasp and learn every single play.
    He didn't even "want" to bring him in. He simply "pondered" it, and then said "no".

It's a real hard concept for some of the people around here to understand for whatever reason. I think Josh McDaniels knows a little more about the QB he worked with for the last 2 years then some of the people spewing out garbage in this thread, such as, "that's nonsense". He was a career backup who was undrafted. He surely cannot be any good.

Scott Pioli, who has been an amazing eye for scouting talent, wanted the Patriots to draft him in the later rounds, because he felt Cassel was a great character with a high IQ for the game.

Looks like he was right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
      Excellent point.

Either way. I don't know how it comes down to it. ... but some want to believe McDaniels story. Seems pretty blatantly obvious.... even to almost everyone on Radio and TV and sportswriters. DOes that make it true? No.. but I'm sure as well more likely to believe players that have been on footballt eams that know what kind of things go on, how they go on, and what king of talks happen than some kind of lame lie.

Oh well. People always have their side.
      Why cant I be on no side?

Why can't I think its utterly ridiculous to trade Jay Cutler before having gone through a single seaosn with him..

...and still utterly disappointed with Cutler's unbelievably unprofessional reaction to the entire situation?
      sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
        So again, we go back to the logistics of the situation. Logically, it makes more sense that McDaniels was working a trade to bring in Matt Cassel and more potential draft picks in exchange for Jay Cutler. The deal fell through (in this case both of them), and word leaked. Rather than just admit it and own it, McDaniels at first 'no commented' it, then lied about it, then when it became clear he was caught in his lie, determined the Broncos would no longer discuss the matter with the media.
        ... it all so obviously logical to me. I can't believe people believe that multible teams just called out of the blue, mcdaniels simply 'fielded the random calls" ...and then refused to talk to the media, and Cutler..afterwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
          Looks like he was right.
          Thats a pretty quick judgment. I'll take that bet!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
            Sandy Clough spoke to an NFL Insider today who he swore by, and stated that had the trade with Detroit gone through, it would have yielded the Broncos the 1st pick, the 20th pick, and Matt Cassel. It wasn't the Broncos that nixed the trade - it was New England (and to be perfectly honest I had to leave so I didn't hear the specifics as to why New England had to nix the trade, just that they were more or less forced to).

He states according to his insider, the Tampa Bay deal was the one that came in late, and was the offer that ultimately tipped off the media.

Now, that's just more speculation and 'insider' information, so take it for what you will. But it seems quite obvious that Tampa and Detroit were going to give up quite a bit for the chance at Cutler, and despite their denials, the Broncos were considering it and likely would have gone through with it if New England didn't nix it.

So again, we go back to the logistics of the situation. Logically, it makes more sense that McDaniels was working a trade to bring in Matt Cassel and more potential draft picks in exchange for Jay Cutler. The deal fell through (in this case both of them), and word leaked. Rather than just admit it and own it, McDaniels at first 'no commented' it, then lied about it, then when it became clear he was caught in his lie, determined the Broncos would no longer discuss the matter with the media.

Speculation. And more utter garbage from a "source". How the he!! is Detroit going to dangle some player in trade talks when they don't even have him on their roster?

Comment

• Listen, there is no concrete, 100% PROOF that McDummy was dangling Jay on the trade block.

There is no concrete, 100% PROOF that McDummy did NOT dangle Jay Cutler on the trading block.

But if you actually break EVERYTHING down, and look at it in a logical way.... From the facts, the quotes, the reports... It ALL leads to the assumption that McDummy actually DID try to trade Jay Cutler.

When his deal collapsed, he LIED about the whole damn thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                Thats a pretty quick judgment. I'll take that bet!!!
                Sorry. I think Scott Pioli is a little more accredited then you are. I mean, he's only, arguably the most successful GM in all of the NFL.

Comment

Speculation. And more utter garbage from a "source". How the he!! is Detroit going to dangle some player in trade talks when they don't even have him on their roster?
                  How else do you think three-way trades work, silk?

Team A wants something from Team B, but Team B only wants something from Team C.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                    Listen, there is no concrete, 100% PROOF that McDummy was dangling Jay on the trade block.

There is no concrete, 100% PROOF that McDummy did NOT dangle Jay Cutler on the trading block.

But if you actually break EVERYTHING down, and look at it in a logical way.... From the facts, the quotes, the reports... It ALL leads to the assumption that McDummy actually DID try to trade Jay Cutler.

When his deal collapsed, he LIED about the whole damn thing.
                    Step 1. "there is no 100% PROOF.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Mumbly_Joe View Post
                      Any way, hope it all works out for you so we can take pride in kicking your asses

-Mumbly
                      ..........we?

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFan1088 View Post
                        I'm not saying its justifying anything, I'm saying its just as much a possibility as McDaniels lieing since WE DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPEND.

What is so hard to understand about knowledge for you?
                        1st you must have a belief
                        2nd that belief must be proven to be a truth
                        3rd that truth must be justified by people of no persnal interest in the situation

We do not have actual knowledge on this matter, hence we do not truly know what happend.

Guess what? I don't know what happend and I'm damn proud to admit it because I don't know everything? Can you say that too or is your ego to big?
                        HEY.. .. here is something. HAVE and opinion, and realize that others will have opposing opinions. YOUR opinion is that McDaniels could actually be telling the truth on this.. MY opinion is that he's not. Why would I attempt to believe in something I don't simply because YOU Deem that Id on't have proof, when I believe that I VERY MUCH have enough proof too form MY OPININ... Period.

Get it throug YOUR egotistical head, that I dont' have to change my opinion because you think you are so wise. The facts, to me, are obvious. To you, you would rather "stay neutral" because it gives you a sense that the coach isn't lying to your face. To me, I've accepted that he has.

That has NOTHING to do with 'ego' .. that has everything to do with having my OWN mind with enough intelligence to form my own thoughts with the facts (that I feel are more than enough) that I have been presented with. If they aren't enough for you.. FINE. You've made it clear. So you can take your 'ego' .. and check it. Your insults to bait me into your crap, doesn't interest me.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtyorange View Post
                          ..........we?
                          I always do that

I mean

so I can take pride in the pats kicking your ass
                          *edit

in the broncos ass, which will subsequently shame you, the fans of the broncos

Comment

• I think everyone should put 'YOU KNOW' in their sigs!

Comment

• couple of things

First, this is why Graham is so valuable to this team. He is to our offense what Dawks will be to our new and improved Defense. I know I have my orange glasses on right now, but I for one, am sick of the alternative at this point. I think if Graham can help Jay and McD kiss and make up, then yipee. At this point both sides need to just get the frick over it.

Second, I really hope they sign Jay to an extension. Just get it over with, he is going to need one someday anyway. If we wait til his contract is up it will cost more, so lets just do it now. Just my :2cents:

Comment

Step 1. "there is no 100% PROOF.....
                                As ravage pointed out, there is no 100% proof that Osama bin Laden was responsible for the 9/11 attacks, but that doesn't mean he didn't do it.

If what you're looking for is 100% proof, you'll never get it. You don't have 100% proof that McDaniels is telling the truth, either, especially since Cutler has publicly called him out, thus creating reasonable doubt.

If you choose to side with McDaniels, you choose to do so for the same reasons why I believe and side with Cutler.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X