McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
    HAHA you forgot about Peyton bashing his O-Line after losing in the AFCC, right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1piy8Zxddw
    Wow that video did nothing but prove me right. He didnt throw anyone under the bus. LOL Way to try an over analyze something to make Peyton look like a jerk...
    -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

• Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
      So then why trade away one of it's leaders?
      Bingo! Because he doesn't act like one, hence he isn't one. A fancy patch and a given title does not make you the leader.

Comment

• This is the exact crap I'm talking about. Why must some people insist on blaming Cutler for everything? I get that some people just aren't a fan, but saying every frickin' thing wrong with this team is Cutler's fault is getting tiresome. It's ridiculous and troll-like.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
          This is the exact crap I'm talking about. Why must some people insist on blaming Cutler for everything? I get that some people just aren't a fan, but saying every frickin' thing wrong with this team is Cutler's fault is getting tiresome. It's ridiculous and troll-like.
          Some poeple just have to hate and complain about everything to make themselves feel better.

These same people complain about a lot more than just Cutler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
            Wow that video did nothing but prove me right. He didnt throw anyone under the bus. LOL Way to try an over analyze something to make Peyton look like a jerk...
            Yeah, sure. Believe what you want, but he threw them under the bus. He got a pass because he's Peyton Manning, but Elway never threw any of his guys under the bus like that (other than Reeves, who deserved it), no matter what problem he had with them.
            Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

On the defense, certainly not on offense. I'm a bit surprised that Champ wasn't a more vocal leader, or DJ for that matter. I think it was a mistake to let Lynch get away when he did, despite the fact that his skill set was deteriorating, he was most definitely the leader of the defense, no doubt.
              Jay Cutlers not much of a LEADER IMO.
              -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

• Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
                This isn't us trying to make him look like a jerk. The media and his team thought he was a jerk for it. It was a huge deal when it happened and I'm pretty sure he had a public apology.

The fact that you don't know about it just shows how little you have followed the NFL.

Comment

My bad, divisional game, not AFCC. I guess if it's the divisional game, it's okay to throw your entire OL under the bus. It's not like you, as QB1, have any responsibility to change your protection package if you are getting your butt beat.
                  we crucified manning for that statment. You would never hear TB say that about his teammates. In fact when we lost that divisional game to you guys in 05. TB took full responsibility for that loss. even though the rb's killed a few drives with fumbles

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
                    And skill, and defensive coaching. Oh, and has extreme youth on the offense (which is carrying the team). Obviously the lack of leadership on defense, which was about last in the league, is all Jays fault though. I forgot that our QB is also our GM.
                    Keep defending Jay. QB position is the most coveted position right? Talent alone does not make the best QB. Attitude, humbleness, poise, etc equate to a great QB. You hit it on the head, our defense sucked. Jay should have embraced that Dawkins, a proven leader, was just acquired. He should have been excited. The fact that Denver listened and possibly considered a trade should have been a mute point because it was not done and he should have talk to McDaniels directly. Not through the media. From the start, he acted as a baby in all of this. He lashed out about the Shanahan firing and he lobbied for Bates to stay. He did not talk to McDaniels till a week or two out. He acted as if he was bigger than the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by chris66 View Post
                      we crucified manning for that statment. You would never hear TB say that about his teammates. In fact when we lost that divisional game to you guys in 05. TB took full responsibility for that loss. even though the rb's killed a few drives with fumbles
                      Yeah, I hate Brady, but he's probably one of the classiest guys playing QB in the NFL, no doubt. I've never ever ever seen him throw anyone under the bus, even when he probably could have.
                      Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by evolaerok View Post
                        Bingo! Because he doesn't act like one, hence he isn't one. A fancy patch and a given title does not make you the leader.
                        You seem to have a personal relationship with the guy to pass that judgement. Tell him I said "hi".

Comment

Keep defending Jay. QB position is the most coveted position right? Talent alone does not make the best QB. Attitude, humbleness, poise, etc equate to a great QB. You hit it on the head, our defense sucked. Jay should have embraced that Dawkins, a proven leader, was just acquired. He should have been excited. The fact that Denver listened and possibly considered a trade should have been a mute point because it was not done and he should have talk to McDaniels directly. Not through the media. From the start, he acted as a baby in all of this. He lashed out about the Shanahan firing and he lobbied for Bates to stay. He did not talk to McDaniels till a week or two out. He acted as if he was bigger than the team.
                          Again, I am looking for a QB, not a date. Have you seen how much his teammates respect him? That is what matters. Not if you think he has a great personality. Get over yourselves. It is about the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                            This is the exact crap I'm talking about. Why must some people insist on blaming Cutler for everything? I get that some people just aren't a fan, but saying every frickin' thing wrong with this team is Cutler's fault is getting tiresome. It's ridiculous and troll-like.
                            Listen a$$, it's not entirely his fault, but he certainly did make the situation far worse.

Comment

How did he act like a baby? And how's he supposed to have a chance to embrace Dawkins signing if he thinks he won't even be with the team long enough to meet Weapon X?

Comment

Listen a$$, it's not entirely his fault, but he certainly did make the situation far worse.
                                The way I see it, his agent did far more to hurt the situation than he did.

Comment

Working...
                                X