McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
    You seem to have a personal relationship with the guy to pass that judgement. Tell him I said "hi".
    Actually, I am good friends with his Vandy roommate.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
      *Sigh*

If McDaniels is still sticking to this story, then I've lost all respect for him. I don't understand why he just won't admit he seriously considered trading Jay for Matt Cassel. It's been confirmed by numerous sources.

This 'just answered the phone and listened' garbage is just that. Liars - especially public figures - just really bother me, to be perfectly honest.
      He learned from the biggest and best liar in the NFL. What else would you expect?

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
        Again, I am looking for a QB, not a date. Have you seen how much his teammates respect him? That is what matters. Not if you think he has a great personality. Get over yourselves. It is about the team.
        Well, lets hope he shapes up. Otherwise we are in for many 8-8 seasons. Glad you said the last line. It's the Broncos I root for, not Jay Cutler or any one player.

Comment

• Originally posted by evolaerok View Post
          Actually, I am good friends with his Vandy roommate.
          And I know a dude who knows this chick who slept with this guy who did Jay's laundry.
          Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• No why would I resent him for it?
            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
              The way I see it, his agent did far more to hurt the situation than he did.
              He probably did. I see similarities in the situation at Green Baby last year and Denver today.

Comment

Nope. I think this team lacks leadership.
                I don't agree that the team loses because of Cutler, gimme a break, he's not alone on the field, there are more players who contribute to both losses and wins.

I do agree that Jay lacks leadership skills, and murder me in my sleep if you guys want but i blame that on Shannahan. Shanny, as great as he was, has been like his dad in the NFL. Jay felt somehow pampered and protected by him, which made him behave like a big kid in the field and with the media instead of a leader.

So, i have a feeling, at least i surely hope, that this experience with what McDaniels has done will wake up that leader we're all expecting to see in Cutler. There's no way he'll feel protected by his new coach, so he'll have to watch his a$$ from now own and he'll need guts for that. He'll have to prove him how wrong he was to even think about trading him. You know what i'm saying? Just my opinion.....and my hope.
                sigpic

Comment

Well, lets hope he shapes up. Otherwise we are in for many 8-8 seasons. Glad you said the last line. It's the Broncos I root for, not Jay Cutler or any one player.
                  Yup, I as well hope Jay learns to draft defensive players so we can get over the 8-8 hump.

You are again starting to blame Jay.... What a joke...

Comment

• Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
                    Jay Cutlers not much of a LEADER IMO.
                    You are totally entitled to your opinion, but allow me to show a couple examples of how he is a leader in spite of some of his "media mistakes"

His first two seasons, he flew Sheff and Marsh to Arizona to voluntarily work out in the offseason. I know this is not the case this year, but that shows that he has a good work ethic and cares about chemistry.

He shows up to every single OTA, voluntary or not, again leading by example.

On the field, I see a guy who tries his a$$ off - he scrambles, throws on the run and pays attention to the play, even when he doesn't have to. How many times did he watch a RB cut the other direction, so he ran up and made a block? He did it several times, not many QBs do that.

Again, on the field, he's not afraid to jaw at a WR or an official. This is gray area, because some call that crybaby a-hole. Unfortunately, when he isn't trying to pump it up with team mates, people say he's a "droopy eyed sissy". This stuff is a lose/lose for him cuz if he's quiet, people don't like it. If he speaks up, people don't like it.

He has created charitable foundations and has been an inspiration to the community when it comes to his disease. Even his most hardened critics must acknowledge the good he is doing with his foundation and other charitable contributions.

I think he is a leader and is still growing into his own. My lord, he's 25 and has had the entire team thrown on his back for 2 years. Give him a little more seasoning and he will improve.
                    sigpic

Comment

And I know a dude who knows this chick who slept with this guy who did Jay's laundry.
                      Well I actually did meet Jay through his roommate once. He seemed like a druggie, that or really tired. He did seem humble then, but of course he was only a backup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadow7ax View Post
                        I don't agree that the team loses because of Cutler, gimme a break, he's not alone on the field, there are more players who contribute to both losses and wins.

I do agree that Jay lacks leadership skills, and murder me in my sleep if you guys want but i blame that on Shannahan. Shanny, as great as he was, has been like his dad in the NFL. Jay felt somehow pampered and protected by him, which made him behave like a big kid in the field and with the media instead of a leader.

So, i have a feeling, at least i surely hope, that this experience with what McDaniels have done will wake up that leader we're all expecting to see in Cutler. There's no way he'll feel protected by his new coach, so he'll have to watch his a$$ from now own and he'll need guts for that. He'll have to prove him how wrong he was to even think about trading him. You know what i'm saying? Just my opinion.....and my hope.
                        Tell your cat to quit it man, it's freaking me out lol. I'm not saying that Jay doesn't still have some maturing to do, as most guys in their early 20's do, but the offense flat out busted their butts for him all year, and the fact that the OL took pride in keeping him off his behind all year tells me how the guys on the team feel about Jay. Heck, Graham, a good friend of Josh's, went to Dove Valley after the story broke to figure out what was going on. And he played for Josh longer than he played with Jay.
                        Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Great chatting. Let me go back to managing my team.... god I hope my company doesn't trade me to Boeng or something cause I'ma just cry!

Comment

Listen a$$, it's not entirely his fault, but he certainly did make the situation far worse.

Do you really need to resort to name calling? I said nothing offensive toward you specifically, so try to keep it at a discussion level rather than playground name calling.

With that said, I don't think he handled the situation perfectly, but he didn't do anything outlandish. He was upset that he was trade bait and said he wanted to stay in Denver. I see nothing wrong with him showing loyal to the Broncos. He didn't say "all the right things", but he didn't call McD an a-hole or anything drastic like that.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I hate Brady, but he's probably one of the classiest guys playing QB in the NFL, no doubt. I've never ever ever seen him throw anyone under the bus, even when he probably could have.
                              Are you kidding me dude? Tom Bradys a ****ing Jerk. Observe him after Playoff game he loses!
                              -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Great chatting. Let me go back to managing my team.... god I hope my company doesn't trade me to Boeng or something cause I'ma just cry!
                                But they might since you can't spell the name of a competitor.

Comment

Working...
                                X