Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by megirb444 View Post
    Very good point! haha I lived in Colorado my whole life and just moved to oregon a few months ago. Let me tell you how hard core of a fan I am: I either have my mom tape the game for me and mail it to me, but more recently I've just been going to a bar every weekend and cheer like crazy! EVen if i'm the only bronco fan in there, wearing my old TD jersey, I don't care because I'm so proud of the orange and blue.
    Awesome!

    I lived in Illinois from 2002-2008 and never missed a game. Most of the time, we went to Jillian's in Champaign. I was a regular there, and I was such a good ambassador for my team, the bartenders and even the managers would change the channel to find my game.

    I went there for my b-day in 2007, when we played the Steelers. There were so many Steelers fans there, it wasn't even funny. My wife offered them some Broncos b-day cake after the loss.

    The last time I went there for a game, I told them I would be moving back to Denver. They said that out of the many fans they saw on a weekly basis, the Broncos fans that frequented the joint were ALWAYS the best behaved, and most well-spoken.
    sigpic

    Hooray, beer!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CommandQ View Post
      i'm glad u get my sarcasm! I SALUTE U :salute!:
      If that was sarcasm you should pick a different language, English doesn't suit you.
      Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

      Comment


      • Double post. Sorry.
        sigpic

        Hooray, beer!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post


          Awesome!

          I lived in Illinois from 2002-2008 and never missed a game. Most of the time, we went to Jillian's in Champaign. I was a regular there, and I was such a good ambassador for my team, the bartenders and even the managers would change the channel to find my game.

          I went there for my b-day in 2007, when we played the Steelers. There were so many Steelers fans there, it wasn't even funny. My wife offered them some Broncos b-day cake after the loss.

          The last time I went there for a game, I told them I would be moving back to Denver. They said that out of the many fans they saw on a weekly basis, the Broncos fans that frequented the joint were ALWAYS the best behaved, and most well-spoken.
          That's great to hear! I always feel good about the way the bronco fans represent themselves in public..haha. I love hearing stories about other fans in the country going to bars and watching the broncos. There was one bar I was going to for awhile that half the fans would be broncos and we would end up getting a few tv's on our game. Now I found a bomb place with couches and fireplaces, I usually have a whole section to myself to cheer (or cry) for the broncos!
          sigpic

          Comment


          • How is Jay not a good fit in Denver? Shanahan was building the team around Cutler, not putting Cutler in an already built system. This thread is dumb.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jhns View Post
              Jay has the respect of his teammates. They all defend him and seem to like him. I'm not sure why fans feel that they have to personally like all of the players on their favorite team. As long as his teammates will follow him, who cares? Are you all looking to score a date with Jay but pissed because he isn't good on the inside?

              Show me a single sign that a teammate has lost repect for Jay and I will think you guys complaining about attitude have a point. To me, it seems our entire offense is a bunch of friends that would do a lot for eachother. Who cares if we like them as people?

              Also, why are poeple mad that Culter is mad about being in trade talks? Is it not a good thing that he really wants to be here enough to get upset about trade talks?
              Mad props. I have to spread CP around, your's is coming.
              sigpic

              Hooray, beer!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by evolaerok View Post
                It's just business kid, get over it.
                This ^ ^ ^

                is what I'm getting tired of. People want Jay to have this business approach to being thrown overboard, but want him to be a passionate leader who doesn't bullhockey us.

                You can't have your cake and eat it to. If you want professionalism/business minded over passion, go root for Eli.
                Last edited by CoryWinget81; 03-04-2009, 03:12 PM.
                sigpic

                Hooray, beer!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                  If that was sarcasm you should pick a different language, English doesn't suit you.
                  Chill man...

                  i meant to say sarcastic.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                    Grow up it was a JOKE
                    Yeah really.

                    KWHIT, what's a disgrace to Broncos Country is the way you turned on Cutler literally overnight.
                    sigpic

                    TZ

                    Comment


                    • Doesn't insulin affect the mood? Maybe that's why he's so livid...?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by #28 View Post
                        Yeah really.

                        KWHIT, what's a disgrace to Broncos Country is the way you turned on Cutler literally overnight.
                        OUOTED FOR TRUTH!!
                        KWHIT, you wanna remind everybody what words you had over your sons pic a few days ago?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Lomax View Post
                          Being able to perform at the highest level against high level competition in a playoff atmosphere is so underrated it's scary. People assume that if you stick any good QB on a team with good defense and offensive talent they can win playoff games. Until you look at the list of QBs who haven't done it. A team doesn't get as stacked as SD and DAL, yet SBs eluded both Rivers and Romo. The SB eluded a very good Peyton Manning on a stacked Colts team for years.

                          Pittsburgh has had a great defense for a long time. It's not like they've been getting to the SB year after year prior to Ben's arrival. And the lastest SB trip should clear up any shadow of a doubt. He's the real deal.

                          IMO if you think because of a pro bowl and some inflated yardage statistics Cutler has proven he can win the SB, it's your knowledge that should be in question.





                          I don't think he's elite at all. Not right now. That doesn't make me an insatiable or unknowledgeable fan. That's just your emotion talking. He's got way too many shortcomings to overcome for me to consider him elite. He frequently doesn't play smart, struggles with the long ball, forces the ball deep, doesn't have the greatest vision, makes too many crucial mistakes. RainyTX is right, nobody really has an answer to that. But if you want to go by stats, there are about 15 QBs with better QB ratings. So if not by his play, and not by stats, then by what measure is he an "elite" QB?

                          Finally, somebody that get's it. Maybe it's the fact that I can judge the broncos/players with an unbiased opinion unlike so many of these fans who refuse to remove their orange colored glasses.

                          Comment


                          • Yo....Think about what you're saying here...NO disrespect to the user who posted this because I'm sure you're just relating info back to us from ur Dr..


                            HOWEVER...it's Diabetes?????...he's an athlete....on of MANY who have it...

                            this is not gonna make him DROP dead or something lol you guys are all trippin'....it's monitored and i'm sure they medical staff is ready for ANY type of thing that could go wrong...and as far as the medical staff having to pay extra hahahaha that's NOTHING compared to what they spend on other lil things..

                            this REALLY shouldn't be an issue....buttttttttttttttttt you never know...didn't like the Cassell deal because it's like McD is his gay lover, how you gonna go get your old QB who hasn't done JACK

                            wouldn't have mined the Cutler for Quinn and the BIG DT tho haha

                            Comment


                            • You are so ready to get Cutler out of here, you are making stuff up. I usually enjoy reading you Mindfield, but your hatred of Cutler is clouding your judgement in regards to legit posts about his health.

                              Furthermore, you think the Broncos medical staff is just sitting back with a "wait and see" attitude? You think some of the smartest minds in medicine and athlete health (both here and all over the world) haven't gone through every scenario in their head regarding any athlete's health as it pertains to type 1 Diabetes? Give me a break.

                              Oh, and by the way, Joe down at the local pub doesn't enjoy being called a "prominent local doctor"
                              Last edited by CoryWinget81; 03-04-2009, 05:13 PM.
                              sigpic

                              Hooray, beer!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Lomax View Post
                                Being able to perform at the highest level against high level competition in a playoff atmosphere is so underrated it's scary. People assume that if you stick any good QB on a team with good defense and offensive talent they can win playoff games. Until you look at the list of QBs who haven't done it. A team doesn't get as stacked as SD and DAL, yet SBs eluded both Rivers and Romo. The SB eluded a very good Peyton Manning on a stacked Colts team for years.

                                Pittsburgh has had a great defense for a long time. It's not like they've been getting to the SB year after year prior to Ben's arrival. And the lastest SB trip should clear up any shadow of a doubt. He's the real deal.

                                IMO if you think because of a pro bowl and some inflated yardage statistics Cutler has proven he can win the SB, it's your knowledge that should be in question.



                                I don't think he's elite at all. Not right now. That doesn't make me an insatiable or unknowledgeable fan. That's just your emotion talking. He's got way too many shortcomings to overcome for me to consider him elite. He frequently doesn't play smart, struggles with the long ball, forces the ball deep, doesn't have the greatest vision, makes too many crucial mistakes. RainyTX is right, nobody really has an answer to that. But if you want to go by stats, there are about 15 QBs with better QB ratings. So if not by his play, and not by stats, then by what measure is he an "elite" QB?
                                Pick out 8 games last year that the Steelers won solely because of Roethlisberger's play. You can't do it. If Cutler plays average in ANY of the 8 games the Broncos won, they wouldn't have won them. If winning half the games you play in when you are the MAIN reason a team wins or loses doesn't qualify you as a really good quarterback, then you're right, my football knowledge should be in question.
                                You talked about his QB rating. Did you factor in all the drops, and what his rating would have been if those catches were made. We were 2nd or 3rd in the league in drops.
                                Pittsburgh won a Super Bowl, just 4 years ago, with TERRIBLE QB play in the most important game of all. So don't tell me it doesn't happen, it happened with "the real deal" at QB. And since you are so fond of QB rating, his was like a 27 in that game.
                                The Ravens won a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer.
                                I get that Roethlisberger has two rings, and I get that he played really well in the playoffs, but so did Eli Manning last year. Is he the real deal?
                                So I guess the question is, who would you take over Cutler. Clearly Ben, Brady, P. Manning, maybe E. Manning, who else. If you are top ten out of AT LEAST 64 professional quarterbacks, and manage to throw for 4,500 yards, 25 touchdowns and CARRY a team to 8 wins, then I say elite.
                                Most of your criticisms of him redundant. Doesn't play smart, has poor vision, makes too many mistakes. All three of those things are connected, and ARE NOT mutually exclusive. His poor vision results in the mistakes, which is the reason it can be said he didn't play "smart."
                                And even with the laundry list of faults you came up with, he STILL threw for 4,500 yards, 25 touchdowns, and carried the team to 8 wins. What other quarterback, with all the faults you attribute to Cutler, puts up the numbers he did?
                                All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X