Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    Pick out 8 games last year that the Steelers won solely because of Roethlisberger's play. You can't do it. If Cutler plays average in ANY of the 8 games the Broncos won, they wouldn't have won them.
    Why should I? You can't pick out 8 games the Broncos won "solely" because of Cutler's play. The D actually played pretty well in Oakland, New York and vs. TB, ATL and KC. Anytime you hold a team to 13, that's a defensive win. And I don't think he had a phenomenal game in that one, putting up only 16 points.

    I would say Jay had about 8 good games, about 7 bad games, and not against the toughest set of opponents. Now that's elite. And to say he's doing it alone is just a little overly dramatic. He has a pretty scary receiving corps and had a phenomenal OL this season to go along with an effective, though oft underused, rushing attack.

    I get that Roethlisberger has two rings, and I get that he played really well in the playoffs, but so did Eli Manning last year. Is he the real deal?
    So I guess the question is, who would you take over Cutler.
    Right now Cutler sits comfortably behind Brees, Warner, Roethlisberger, McNabb, Peyton, and Brady. He's in a pretty good company of good, but not great, QBs like Rivers and Aaron Rodgers. I like that we have him, but there's certainly better talent out there.

    Most of your criticisms of him redundant. Doesn't play smart, has poor vision, makes too many mistakes. All three of those things are connected, and ARE NOT mutually exclusive.
    Actually, in my eyes, they aren't the same. Making mistakes could mean fumbling the ball in the redzone on the final possession against SD. Not playing smart could mean not understanding the situation and being reckless deep in Buffalo territory in a position to win that game.

    Not having vision is only a part of the problem.

    And even with the laundry list of faults you came up with, he STILL threw for 4,500 yards, 25 touchdowns, and carried the team to 8 wins. What other quarterback, with all the faults you attribute to Cutler, puts up the numbers he did?
    The only number I care about is wins. Period. And there are many QBs who put up more of those. Now I'm not saying it's all Cutler's fault, but he did play poorly in 7 games this year, so it's not like he's blameless.
    "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

    sigpic

    Comment


    • I love the Broncos but Jay makes me feel giddy like I felt when I was a little boy again watching Elway. Plus remember when no matter how many pounts we were down John would pull it out in the fourth. Cutler seems to have that same nack and hes got more than just a big arm. He avoids pressure great and Clady getting .5 sacks against is a lot of Cutlers doing. Also rookie wide receivers dont shine like Royal did and again that has more to do with Cutler than Royal. Wake up Cutler is a STUD. I would have felt betrayed by my team if they let this guy go because I love him in a non gay way.

      Comment


      • you're damn right he's not blameless. he had plenty of time to win the ONE game we needed at the end of last season...and when he couldn't do it against the bills...we all knew the chargers game was going to be an embarassment.

        do you think roethlisberger with the EXACT SAME team would have went down in flames like that? i don't think so.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by doggsamps View Post
          I love the Broncos but Jay makes me feel giddy like I felt when I was a little boy again watching Elway. Plus remember when no matter how many pounts we were down John would pull it out in the fourth. Cutler seems to have that same nack and hes got more than just a big arm. He avoids pressure great and Clady getting .5 sacks against is a lot of Cutlers doing. Also rookie wide receivers dont shine like Royal did and again that has more to do with Cutler than Royal. Wake up Cutler is a STUD. I would have felt betrayed by my team if they let this guy go because I love him in a non gay way.
          I'm sorry, but when we're down in the 4th....I don't get that same "giddy" feeling about Cutler that I used to get with Elway. When the game is on the line....he chokes. Two years ago, we lose to san fran at home and miss the playoffs because Jay choked. This year, he "led" a team that was the first to lose a 3 game division lead with 3 games remaining. If I'm not mistaken, our Oline gave up the least amount of sacks this season too. Good wideouts, great oline, and he still choked? I agree...he could be great but I'm not sure he will. I just know that y'all wouldn't be on his jock if he didn't have such a rocket for an arm. That's really all he's got going for him right now.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by doggsamps View Post
            I love the Broncos but Jay makes me feel giddy like I felt when I was a little boy again watching Elway. Plus remember when no matter how many pounts we were down John would pull it out in the fourth. Cutler seems to have that same nack and hes got more than just a big arm. He avoids pressure great and Clady getting .5 sacks against is a lot of Cutlers doing. Also rookie wide receivers dont shine like Royal did and again that has more to do with Cutler than Royal. Wake up Cutler is a STUD. I would have felt betrayed by my team if they let this guy go because I love him in a non gay way.
            cutler seems to have that same nack? really?

            you must be talking about jake plummer's 21 come from behind victories because i know when we're down in the fourth and cutler gets the ball i cover both eyes and pray he doesn't throw a pick after he chews someone's a$$ like the tantrum throwing twunt he is.

            last three games of 2008... 4 INT. That's not clutch. That's ridic.

            Comment


            • Anyone that thinks that Matt Cassel is a better QB than Jay is a fool . Cassel hasn't proved a thing. He played one season with a team that has great wide recievers and o-line and not to mention it was the same team that almost went undefeated the season before. Jay isn't perfect but neither was Elway, but he has proved himself way more than Cassel. McD is the one that has to prove himself. The Question is was the Patriots great season his doing as off cord or was it coach beli..? I am hoping for the best but we will all see. I am a fan of the team and everyone that is on it but Jay deserves a little credit and as fans we need to support him and coach McD. Even if McD is acting like a true rookie

              Comment


              • Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
                I'm sorry, but when we're down in the 4th....I don't get that same "giddy" feeling about Cutler that I used to get with Elway. When the game is on the line....he chokes. Two years ago, we lose to san fran at home and miss the playoffs because Jay choked. This year, he "led" a team that was the first to lose a 3 game division lead with 3 games remaining. If I'm not mistaken, our Oline gave up the least amount of sacks this season too. Good wideouts, great oline, and he still choked? I agree...he could be great but I'm not sure he will. I just know that y'all wouldn't be on his jock if he didn't have such a rocket for an arm. That's really all he's got going for him right now.
                Kind of hard to win those last three games when an 8-8 team scores over 40 on you. Come on we all know Jay is not the reason we lost the last three. We might have had one of the worst defenses in history.
                [SIGPIC]

                Comment


                • Would you love jay if....

                  he just had an average arm? It's as if some of you overlook the mistakes because of his raw talent and arm strength. Just wonderin

                  Comment


                  • i dont think any of us would, its his talent that makes him special.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dirtyorange View Post
                      cutler seems to have that same nack? really?

                      you must be talking about jake plummer's 21 come from behind victories because i know when we're down in the fourth and cutler gets the ball i cover both eyes and pray he doesn't throw a pick after he chews someone's a$$ like the tantrum throwing twunt he is.

                      last three games of 2008... 4 INT. That's not clutch. That's ridic.
                      I think your ridiculous, last three games
                      Carolina put up 30 on us
                      Buffalo put up 30 on us
                      Chargers put up 52 on us

                      How can you blame him for throwing 4 int when he is thinking in his mind he has to get 40 points for a win?
                      [SIGPIC]

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MileHighPimp303 View Post
                        I think your ridiculous, last three games
                        Carolina put up 30 on us
                        Buffalo put up 30 on us
                        Chargers put up 52 on us

                        How can you blame him for throwing 4 int when he is thinking in his mind he has to get 40 points for a win?

                        i think shanahan abandoning the running game last year was our downfall.

                        our defense was so terrible that we should have been focusing on time of possession, running the ball, and keeping it AWAY from them especially since we were getting an avg of 4.8 YPC.

                        regardless, i've seen cutler piss into the wind too many times. i can and will blame him for losing a 3 game divisional lead with 3 games to go. the BILLS, for god's sake.

                        and i don't care if he is thinking he has to score 200 points to win, it's no excuse for throwing picks. he is getting paid big bucks to deal with pressure.

                        INTs = giving points away
                        Last edited by dirtyorange; 03-04-2009, 07:53 PM.

                        Comment


                        • i am a huge fan of both, but if i had to pick one id have to go with the team

                          Comment


                          • Everybody is mad at Cutler because...??

                            First off, sorry for another Cutler thread but this one has been bumping in my mind for a while now. We all know the mouth Jay Cutler has on him, and some (most) people don't like him for that. We all know that he has said that he has a stronger arm than the Great Number 7 in his prime...and a lot of people got pissed!! Especially those so called "experts" on espn. IMO, and I really love Elway, Jay simply has the better arm of the two. I mean, it seems like every time he throws the ball, it looks like he's trying to throw it through a friggin brick wall...even throwing a simple screen pass. In those slow-mo shots of him on NFL Network or espn or whatever, you can just see the ball on sec, and the next its gone. That's only one of the reasons why this guy has everything in front of him, waiting for him to take it.

                            Sure he may mouth off a bit(and that is still questionable to me) for now, but he seems to back up every word of it on the football field. Jay will be our quarterback for a long time to come, and if you don't like it, too bad!!
                            :cutler::cutler::cutler::salute!:
                            --bringin' the pain--

                            :orton:

                            Comment


                            • i couldn;t give two blanks what kind of arm strength the guy has....i care about performance..and even though he makes a few more mistakes than i'd prefer his overall numbers are very good for a qb as young as he is

                              Comment


                              • 17-20............This league is about winning not about arm srength.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X