No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay has raw talent and a skill set that you can't teach, so, an "average" arm would still make him dangerous. Not staring down recievers and looking for your 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th reads will come with time and experience.:go::cutler:

Comment

• Teachable traits

There are a few things you simply can't teach a QB, and the most important of them is....Arm Strength. So to ask if we would like him as much if he could not make all the throws, is like asking if we would like the Raiders if he played for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
        17-20............This league is about winning not about arm srength.

....was with Shanny. Let him have a chance with McDaniels calling the plays. That number doesn't worry me at all
        --bringin' the pain--

:orton:

Comment

• and if you're telling me jay had no chance to win at least ONE of those three games and you want to blame the defense...geez. you did watch the buffalo game didn't you? that loss had plenty to do with cutler.

...ben would've pulled it off.

Comment

• Yeah it really doesn't matter to me. I mean look at what pennington did this year and he's got the whimpiest arm I've seen( besides phil rivers lol) What I would like to see from jay is for him to stop making some of those dumb int's. I just can't stand how he's so predictable where he's gonna go with the ball. Look em off and go somwhere else. Don't stare the guy down and try to force it in there. That's the biggest thing I hope he improves this year. Other than that the guys a stud!
            sigpic

Raiders @ Broncos 9-30-12

Comment

• Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
              he just had an average arm? It's as if some of you overlook the mistakes because of his raw talent and arm strength. Just wonderin
              You could have asked the exact same queston about Elway. What would you answer have been to that?
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSmith28 View Post
                ....was with Shanny. Let him have a chance with McDaniels calling the plays. That number doesn't worry me at all
                I never said I didnt like Jay or like him with McD. But this whole ordeal is giving the league some smack talk bout how big of a baby he is. Now everyone outside the AFC West knows hes a baby. I hope this situation makes him realize he needs to become a man.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtyorange View Post
                  i think shanahan abandoning the running game last year was our downfall.

our defense was so terrible that we should have been focusing on time of possession, running the ball, and keeping it AWAY from them especially since we were getting an avg of 4.8 YPC.

regardless, i've seen cutler piss into the wind too many times. i can and will blame him for losing a 3 game divisional lead with 3 games to go. the BILLS, for god's sake.

and i don't care if he is thinking he has to score 200 points to win, it's no excuse for throwing picks. he is getting paid big bucks to deal with pressure.

INTs = giving points away
                  I agree with some of this. Cutler had about 200 more pass att then he needed which means we didn't run a lot. Saying that, he has 200 to 300 more passing att then other QB's which equals more INT"S. Hopefully Josh gets our running game going. For god sake though, how did the bills put 30 on us. although the bills game, Jay did have a great chance at winning that one. your right about him having no excuse for the bills game.
                  [SIGPIC]

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                    17-20............This league is about winning not about arm srength.
                    amen.

so many times i've seen him try to squeeze it in places when he should have thrown it away. a little too overconfident in that arm of his. he doesn't have much of a head on his shoulders and it worries me in 4th Q situations. you need to remain cool, calm, and collected during a comeback...not thinking about throwing a laser beam of an interception.

Comment

• Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
                      he just had an average arm? It's as if some of you overlook the mistakes because of his raw talent and arm strength. Just wonderin
                      Why ask an inane question like that? Yes, I overlook some of his errors because I can see that his huge upside (largely due to his physical abilities) is yet unreached, and that hes going to be a special player in the NFL for a long time.
                      sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                      SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSmith28 View Post
                        i agree with you there. we need a run/pass BALANCED attack to win. =)

Comment

• Just give Jay a chance... he'd have a few more wins probably if Shanny wouldn't have benched Plummer 10 games into the season and put in a rookie who still had to learn a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtyorange View Post
                            and if you're telling me jay had no chance to win at least ONE of those three games and you want to blame the defense...geez. you did watch the buffalo game didn't you? that loss had plenty to do with cutler.

...ben would've pulled it off.
                            Ben has a defense
                            [SIGPIC]

Comment

• didnt make it any easier that my gf is a lifelong bills fan. it was about the only thing she's had to celebrate over since andre reed. ugh

Comment

• Originally posted by CodyRoark View Post
                                Just give Jay a chance... he'd have a few more wins probably if Shanny wouldn't have benched Plummer 10 games into the season and put in a rookie who still had to learn a lot.
                                he went 2-3 as a rookie so i really dont think that had any reason to do with his record. People blame the D, but go look at Jays stats in losses I gaurantee at least 90%of those game she threw 2+ picks. This game is about to turnovers.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X