McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
    I'm just trying to get a bead on why some of you are so much in love with him. As far as the question about Elway. He wasn't just a strong arm, Elway had a swagger about him that Cutler just doesn't show. Cutler faces adversity, he grabs the neck of his shoulder pads and just looks dumbfounded....not a sign of a leader. My question with him isn't his athletic ability because it's obvious he's got that. It lies with his leadership or lack thereof and his QB IQ.
    Which John Elway are you talking about?

25 year old John?

Or 35,6,7 year old John?

Why does everyone forget that John Elway was a cocky, arrogant ass, just like Jay is?

It's also conviently forgotten then media exposure is expotentionally larger now than what it was then.

Didn't John Elway get Reeves canned? No one is talking about that?

He was every bit the Primadonna Jay is. Almost all QB's are.

Peyton Manning, stand up guy right? Doesn't call out his teammates?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPc6Dxq12t4
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
      Turnovers, and a Defense's inability to create them.

Jay doesn't play D. Our D didn't even play D.

He still has some stuff to iron out, but everyone loves to bash Cutler while conviently forgetting it was on HIM to score 35 points a game.

:cutler::go:

yeah if our D can get cutler and company the ball with a short field, then all the better. we'd start seeing some wins pretty soon and often....
      --bringin' the pain--

:orton:

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
        he went 2-3 as a rookie so i really dont think that had any reason to do with his record. People blame the D, but go look at Jays stats in losses I gaurantee at least 90%of those game she threw 2+ picks. This game is about to turnovers.
        Maybe if Jay didnt have to score 35 points a game to win it he would've laid off those throws...and when the offenses gameplan is pass, pass again, fake run and pass, and pass some more, your going to have more picks than the normal QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
          Turnovers, and a Defense's inability to create them.

Jay doesn't play D. Our D didn't even play D.

He still has some stuff to iron out, but everyone loves to bash Cutler while conviently forgetting it was on HIM to score 35 points a game.

:cutler::go:
          Common misconception

Last year:

Home against Jags, D gave up 24 pts, Jay had 2 TO's cost us the game
          Home against Dolphins, D gave up 26 pts, Jay had 3 TO's cost us game
          Home against Bills, D gave up 27 pts, Jay had 1 TO, late in game in bills territory, cost us game

So 3 losses last year Im putting on Jay for stupid throws.

2 years ago:

Home against Packers, D gave up 19, Jay fumbled in the Packers redzone. led to lose

I love Jay, but he cant just blame the D. 2 years ago he can def blame the d for screwing em over. But not last year, 3 games Jays decesions cost us.

Again I love Jay but his decesion making needs to improve fast. He got the talent but needs to use that and become a complete player.
          sigpic

Comment

• Cutler Critics just keep more and more ridiculous.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
              Common misconception

Last year:

Home against Jags, D gave up 24 pts, Jay had 2 TO's cost us the game
              Home against Dolphins, D gave up 26 pts, Jay had 3 TO's cost us game
              Home against Bills, D gave up 27 pts, Jay had 1 TO, late in game in bills territory, cost us game

So 3 losses last year Im putting on Jay for stupid throws.

2 years ago:

Home against Packers, D gave up 19, Jay fumbled in the Packers redzone. led to lose

I love Jay, but he cant just blame the D. 2 years ago he can def blame the d for screwing em over. But not last year, 3 games Jays decesions cost us.

Again I love Jay but his decesion making needs to improve fast. He got the talent but needs to use that and become a complete player.

yes he had some cruicial turn overs but it wasn't just jay, its was also marshall a couple of times, royal, some of the RB's....it is a team effort after all. or it should be.
              --bringin' the pain--

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSmith28 View Post
                yes he had some cruicial turn overs but it wasn't just jay, its was also marshall a couple of times, royal, some of the RB's....it is a team effort after all. or it should be.
                Well not when Jay is throwing into triple coverage.

But let me say I do love Jay but he needs to be accountable. People keep giving him a free pass bc of the defense. But when the day is even at 15, how is everyone gonna defend Jay then? I still want Jay here but all i saying is he needs to improve.
                sigpic

Comment

First off, sorry for another Cutler thread but this one has been bumping in my mind for a while now. We all know the mouth Jay Cutler has on him, and some (most) people don't like him for that. We all know that he has said that he has a stronger arm than the Great Number 7 in his prime...and a lot of people got pissed!! Especially those so called "experts" on espn. IMO, and I really love Elway, Jay simply has the better arm of the two. I mean, it seems like every time he throws the ball, it looks like he's trying to throw it through a friggin brick wall...even throwing a simple screen pass. In those slow-mo shots of him on NFL Network or espn or whatever, you can just see the ball on sec, and the next its gone. That's only one of the reasons why this guy has everything in front of him, waiting for him to take it.

Sure he may mouth off a bit(and that is still questionable to me) for now, but he seems to back up every word of it on the football field. Jay will be our quarterback for a long time to come, and if you don't like it, too bad!!
                  :cutler::cutler::cutler::salute!:
                  Jeff George had a better arm than Cutler and Elway combined...
                  Sent from my Human Cent-iPad

Comment

• of course i remember reeves trying to trade elway to the skins in 91. What is your damn point or do you have one? When reeves wanted to get rid of him, elway had already taken them to 3 super bowls so there really isn't a comparison. Elway was established...jay isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Letswinplz77
                      But like I said, you started all this off by saying Cutler was tradeable. If you weren't talking about Cassel, and just meant in general, then why even bring it up?
                      You have the wrong guy. RainyTX started the thread. I chimed in to explain why I didn't think Cutler was "elite".

I don't think a trade for Cassel would be any good because Cutler has way more trade value. You just don't see good starting-calibur QBs come available like that, and you could get a king's ransom for him.

Let's be clear though, I don't want to see him traded. But I also think he's a bit overrated until he cuts down the silly mistakes and wins meaningful games down the stretch.
                      Last edited by Lomax; 03-04-2009, 09:32 PM.
                      "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

• geez it amazes me how narrowminded and biased some of you can be. Atwnbroncfan lays down some numbers that prove Jay is a choke artist yet the responses are "well, it's not jays fault".....lmfao. Are you kidding me. If he fumbles the ball, it's his fault. He throws a pick....whos fault is it? It's as if people are afraid to hold him accountable because they've had him on a pedestal since the day he was drafted. Our D did suck and our offense was inconsistent and horrible in the redzone in the second half of the season. How do you blow a 3 game lead with 3 left? Guess Jay has nothing to do with that

Comment

• yes I started the thread and I second everything lomax just said.

Comment

• Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
                            geez it amazes me how narrowminded and biased some of you can be. Atwnbroncfan lays down some numbers that prove Jay is a choke artist yet the responses are "well, it's not jays fault".....lmfao. Are you kidding me. If he fumbles the ball, it's his fault. He throws a pick....whos fault is it? It's as if people are afraid to hold him accountable because they've had him on a pedestal since the day he was drafted. Our D did suck and our offense was inconsistent and horrible in the redzone in the second half of the season. How do you blow a 3 game lead with 3 left? Guess Jay has nothing to do with that

Sure he did man, but trust me there are a lot bigger problems in denver than cutler...
                            --bringin' the pain--

Comment

Sure he did man, but trust me there are a lot bigger problems in denver than cutler...
                              Of course there are bigger problems. I don't think i'm going out on a limb by saying at the end of the season, I think we were arguably the worst team in the league. I thank God that Detroit wasn't one of our last games because I honestly think they would've beaten us also. The only consistent thing we have on this team is a great offensive line. Our QB is well (you know how I feel about that ) RB's (can't stay healthy) WR's (too many drops) Defense (worst I've ever seen) Sp.Teams (see Defense) Kicker (inconsistent).

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomax View Post
                                You have the wrong guy. RainyTX started the thread. I chimed in to explain why I didn't think Cutler was "elite".

I don't think a trade for Cassel would be any good because Cutler has way more trade value. You just don't see good starting-calibur QBs come available like that, and you could get a king's ransom for him.

Let's be clear though, I don't want to see him traded. But I also think he's a bit overrated until he cuts down the silly mistakes and wins meaningful games down the stretch.
                                Yeah I realized that and deleted the post. Sorry.
                                All I will add is that out of all the hundreds of quarterbacks that have been in the league, through the entire history of the nfl, only 12 quarterbacks have thrown for more yards, a total of 16 times (4 did it two times each). Now you can call the yards inflated, exaggerated, whatever, but that is a pretty amazing statistic. Now apparently you only view the QB rating as a viable stat to judge QB's on, but again, I think that is pretty amazing. And only Marino did it earlier in his career. Something to think about. Speaking of Marino, was it bad play that kept him from winning a ring. Would you not call him, without one title to his name, elite?
                                All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

Working...
                                X