• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Common misconception

Last year:

Home against Jags, D gave up 24 pts, Jay had 2 TO's cost us the game
    I actually would say the defense allowing the Jaguars to get 26 first downs, and a pair of long 3rd quater TD drives had just as much to do with it.

Home against Dolphins, D gave up 26 pts, Jay had 3 TO's cost us game
    THis one was bad. But, I dont think anyone would say Jay is perfect. He does have bad games (the first Chiefs game is a perfect example).

Home against Bills, D gave up 27 pts, Jay had 1 TO, late in game in bills territory, cost us game
    A bad throw, but, poor special teams play in the fourth quarter and the inability of the D to get a stop once again really led to this loss. A praeter missed field goal, and two very long drives from the Bills were killer.

So 3 losses last year Im putting on Jay for stupid throws.
    I would give it one, but opinions...

2 years ago:

Home against Packers, D gave up 19, Jay fumbled in the Packers redzone. led to lose
    You remeber that fumble right? One of Kuper's first games, he pulled and slapped the ball out of Jay's hands. And I dont know how you cant say that Champ and Dre getting burnt werent huge turning points in that game (one was the first play of OT)

I love Jay, but he cant just blame the D. 2 years ago he can def blame the d for screwing em over. But not last year, 3 games Jays decesions cost us.

Again I love Jay but his decesion making needs to improve fast. He got the talent but needs to use that and become a complete player.
    Jay makes good descions for the most part. Royal and Marshall's stats, and many about the fact that teams with defenses as bad as ours was dont win on average more than 4 games a year back that up. Game winning drives this year show it.

Every QB has throws that you grimace at. Most people probably would have been grimacing at the Big Ben throw to win the SB this year, because it was into triple coverage. But, if he doesnt make that throw, its probably the game for Pitts. Sometimes the right throw, is the wrong throw.
    sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

• Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
      Of course there are bigger problems. I don't think i'm going out on a limb by saying at the end of the season, I think we were arguably the worst team in the league. I thank God that Detroit wasn't one of our last games because I honestly think they would've beaten us also. The only consistent thing we have on this team is a great offensive line. Our QB is well (you know how I feel about that ) RB's (can't stay healthy) WR's (too many drops) Defense (worst I've ever seen) Sp.Teams (see Defense) Kicker (inconsistent).
      Well, detroit beating us would've been a long shot beating us, i mean c'mon, they're the worst team in leauge history, not us. But i do agree with the majority of your post, the team as a whole must improve, no questions. if im not mistaken, marshall led the LEAUGE in dropped passes...maybe braylon but idk. But yes, the whole team must kick it up a notch soon or things will get even worse......
      --bringin' the pain--

:orton:

Comment

17-20............This league is about winning not about arm srength.
        We'll by that logic we should just get a bunch of scrubs off of teams that have winning records. Ya, you'd be right in the super bowl wouldn't you.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

Well not when Jay is throwing into triple coverage.

But let me say I do love Jay but he needs to be accountable. People keep giving him a free pass bc of the defense. But when the day is even at 15, how is everyone gonna defend Jay then? I still want Jay here but all i saying is he needs to improve.
          With no running game, and teams scoreing like crazzy on us, Jay HAS to make a play, he sees no one open he don't have the option of throwing it away.

If Jay didn't make any risky throws we would NEVER win.

I notice I qouted you twice, I'm not trying to target you or anything.

Comment

Common misconception

Last year:

Home against Jags, D gave up 24 pts, Jay had 2 TO's cost us the game
            Home against Dolphins, D gave up 26 pts, Jay had 3 TO's cost us game
            Home against Bills, D gave up 27 pts, Jay had 1 TO, late in game in bills territory, cost us game

So 3 losses last year Im putting on Jay for stupid throws.

2 years ago:

Home against Packers, D gave up 19, Jay fumbled in the Packers redzone. led to lose

I love Jay, but he cant just blame the D. 2 years ago he can def blame the d for screwing em over. But not last year, 3 games Jays decesions cost us.

Again I love Jay but his decesion making needs to improve fast. He got the talent but needs to use that and become a complete player.
            Quoting you for a 3rd time. But in this case, I agree.

However if we had a solid running game to depend on we would not have to throw the ball with Jay every time. That and you can figure Jay is going to make some mistakes anyways, So compounding the issue with lack of running game and poor D. We were lucky to win 8 games.

I know we ran the ball well when we ran, but considering teams were not playing the run at all and the more we ran the less effective it became. Even tho the stats might look ok. The running game stunk for most of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
              With no running game, and teams scoreing like crazzy on us, Jay HAS to make a play, he sees no one open he don't have the option of throwing it away.

If Jay didn't make any risky throws we would NEVER win.

I notice I qouted you twice, I'm not trying to target you or anything.

Couldn't have said it better myself man...thx:salute!:
              --bringin' the pain--

:orton:

Comment

geez it amazes me how narrowminded and biased some of you can be. Atwnbroncfan lays down some numbers that prove Jay is a choke artist yet the responses are "well, it's not jays fault".....lmfao. Are you kidding me. If he fumbles the ball, it's his fault. He throws a pick....whos fault is it? It's as if people are afraid to hold him accountable because they've had him on a pedestal since the day he was drafted. Our D did suck and our offense was inconsistent and horrible in the redzone in the second half of the season. How do you blow a 3 game lead with 3 left? Guess Jay has nothing to do with that
                Not every interception is Cutler making a bad decision. I specifically remember Marshall cutting in on a route last season when he was supposed to cut out and it ended up as an easy int for the db. Marshall was pointing at himself as he walked to the sideline acknowledging that it was his fault.

Tipped or mishandled balls account for some of the ints and the receiver running the wrong route or running the route with the wrong timing accounts for some ints too, so some of the ints actually aren't Jay's fault.

Having said that, he does make his share of risky throws, but he is by far the best QB we've had since Elway. Also, hes only been the starter for 2 seasons and 5 games. He's only played with his diabetes treated for 1 season. In other words, he has room to improve. Since his only full healthy season resulted in 4,500 yards and 25 tds, I'd love to see what he can do next season and the season after and the season after that.
                2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

• I don't understand why you guys throw the stat of W/L in peoples faces when mentioning cutler. Win loss isn't a player stat, its a TEAM stat. Cutler is NOT the team (although, this season, it could've fooled us). Cutlers stats would be his QB stats... Jack Donkeys.....

Comment

• Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                    I don't understand why you guys throw the stat of W/L in peoples faces when mentioning cutler. Win loss isn't a player stat, its a TEAM stat. Cutler is NOT the team (although, this season, it could've fooled us). Cutlers stats would be his QB stats... Jack Donkeys.....
                    Like I said, Lets just get a bunch of scrubs off of teams with winning records. That way were sure to win a SB.

Comment

of course i remember reeves trying to trade elway to the skins in 91. What is your damn point or do you have one? When reeves wanted to get rid of him, elway had already taken them to 3 super bowls so there really isn't a comparison. Elway was established...jay isn't.
                      Dan Reeves was a hell of a lot more established than Doogie McDenials.......so is Jay Cutler for that matter.......

Comment

It lies with his leadership or lack thereof and his QB IQ.
                        Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...? There's a such thing as a "QB IQ?" Wow, now that's something new.

Here ya guys go, living in WI all these years, this was Brett Favre's favorite Pose for the camera. Yeah.. Kinda like Jay's clamping of his shoulder pads.
                        --BREAKING NEWS--

DENVER TO DRAFT "YES" WITH THE #2 OVERALL PICK!

"Who will Denver draft with the #2 overall pick?"
                        sigpic

MY 2012 MOCK DRAFT:

RD 1: YES
                        RD 2: CONCENTRATE AND ASK AGAIN
                        RD 3: IT'S A HIGH POSSIBILITY
                        RD 4: NOT IN THE HORIZON
                        RD 5: CONCENTRATE AND ASK AGAIN
                        RD 6: CONCENTRATE AND ASK AGAIN
                        RD 7: NO

Comment

• he's not saying would you like him if he didn't have the arm he has.

he's asking would you continue to enable his %itch-assness if he was say.... matt cassell?

lol...

hahaha @ whiskey tango foxtrot, gotta love military acronyms.

Comment

• rele?

see to me i dont care about his arm strength. I mean dont get me wrong i love the fact that our QB has possibly the strongest arm in the league. But to me its all about the play, being able to throw 80 or 90 yards doesnt matter if you cant complete a pass. Cutler was a pro-bowl quarter back for a reason completions, yards, and touchdowns. Ya he made a few mistakes and had some turnovers but im sure he will improve in those aspects. I will take cutler any day of the week over just about every quarterback in the league besides just a very few.:cutler:

Comment

of course i remember reeves trying to trade elway to the skins in 91. What is your damn point or do you have one? When reeves wanted to get rid of him, elway had already taken them to 3 super bowls so there really isn't a comparison. Elway was established...jay isn't.
                              Your not the smartest duck in the puddle! I dearly loved Elway his whole career but he to was young once. He made lots of mistakes early on also. But his ability to be great was always seen. Just like you can see the same thing in Cutler. I'm so excited to finally get someone back at qb with that swagger, arrogance and strength. Just look at the #2 offense this season for as you all who thinks he's not very good. And he has nowhere to go but up. As he keeps maturing, he will start skipping the #1 receiver and hit his 2 and #3 receivers. Then he won't be so predictable. You all forget he was throwed into the nfl as a first year qb. He is still growing into the possition. Most get a couple years to study the game before starting and still never put up #s like Cutler. So get off his Ass and let him grow and do his job!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco 1970 View Post
                                Your not the smartest duck in the puddle! I dearly loved Elway his whole career but he to was young once. He made lots of mistakes early on also. But his ability to be great was always seen. Just like you can see the same thing in Cutler. I'm so excited to finally get someone back at qb with that swagger, arrogance and strength. Just look at the #2 offense this season for as you all who thinks he's not very good. And he has nowhere to go but up. As he keeps maturing, he will start skipping the #1 receiver and hit his 2 and #3 receivers. Then he won't be so predictable. You all forget he was throwed into the nfl as a first year qb. He is still growing into the possition. Most get a couple years to study the game before starting and still never put up #s like Cutler. So get off his Ass and let him grow and do his job!
                                Echo, echo, echo... Its nice occasionally to read a post that not only coherent but with some substance and sense to it. For all you drumming Cutler for his behavior this past week and dogging his play the last couple of years, I say hold on. I have said since the day the Broncos drafted him that Cutler is far too enamored with his right arm and that occasionally it will get him in trouble. I never really liked his "laid back", cocky look or his lack of emotion, its always rubbed me the wrong way. But his ceiling is limitless. He is exactly what this team has been looking for since Elway left. He is exactly what ever team in looking for when they talk about franchise QB's. He can make ALL the throws, has a great feel for the pocket, has escapability. Jay Cutler, like John Elway in the late 80's, is the only reason the Broncos have won 17 games in the past two season. He has carried this team like Samsonite and in doing that has tried awfully hard to make plays when there wasnt a play to make. He will learn and just as those teams of the Elway era, there will come a time when the pressure of winning games by himself will be replaced by defense that can hold teams to under 14 points, create turnovers and be a force or a RB that can open up the field.

Comment

Working...
                                X