McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
    he just had an average arm? It's as if some of you overlook the mistakes because of his raw talent and arm strength. Just wonderin
    As someone who doesn't "love" Cutler (nor is he my favorite player), I can't say how attractive his arm strength is.

But I do think his arm-strength plays a relatively small part in his success. In fact, I think if he had lesser arm-strength, he'd be just as effective (and would probably have fewer intecerceptions). I'm thinking he would be a more mobile version of Chad Pennington.
    Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by KoobLis View Post
      Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...? There's a such thing as a "QB IQ?" Wow, now that's something new.

:go:
      Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
      FF is awesome!

Comment

• We all have flaws and theres no such thing as a Perfect QB. Every one of them could use something from another.

Just think if Jay had Peytons Brain.....You ready, what if Peyton Had Cutlers legs

Everyone has some good if they make it to the NFL and Jay just has a lot more then others and showed it at VANDY, Your not the MVP in the SEC while playing at VANDY if your average
        We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
          of course i remember reeves trying to trade elway to the skins in 91. What is your damn point or do you have one? When reeves wanted to get rid of him, elway had already taken them to 3 super bowls so there really isn't a comparison. Elway was established...jay isn't.
          People that think like you crack me up.

My point is, is that John Elway early in his career was alot like Jay is early in HIS career.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

Oh, and by the way in 1991, John Elway had already been in the league 8 years, and still was being a brat and ran to the owner because he didn't like the HC. What does that say for your "established" theory? That it doesn't hold water.

Congratulations, he went to the SB, I was happy, you were happy, everyone was happy. While the teams he took to the SB had no business being there, those teams never gave up 400+ points in a season, and actually created turnovers.

It will NEVER cease to amaze me that the John Vs. Jay arguement even exists. Neither is better, both were cocky and arrogant (John Elway was still known as such for most of his career).
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Hypothetical question: If Denver falters this year, is Jay shown the door?

So first of all, let me start out by saying that I am glad Jay Cutler and Josh McDaniels are going to meet up and discuss their problems next week. Hopefully we can get this boat turned around, and headed in the right direction.

Secondly, I don't want this thread to start anything dealing with whether McDaniels is a liar or he is not. I specifically made another thread to argue points, facts, and logic of the situation.

But for now, I want to ask this question:

If the Denver Broncos don't live up to expectations, say we have a bad year and finish 7-9, or anything sub .500.... Is Jay going to be trade bait?

I'm sure deep in Jay's head, he'll always be "thinking" that he was going to be traded. Analysts and the experts will ALWAYS compare Cutler to Cassel this upcoming season. How they play, what their record will be, if Cassel would have been a better fit... blah blah.

We all know one thing. If Denver wins, people will be happy.

I think this upcoming season is going to be a HUGE test for Jay. I'm back behind him 110%.

But if he plays as good as he did in 09, as he did in 08... But our record is the same or gets worse, will he be in trade talks? Or will McDaniels realize that it was his first season trying to learn a new system, terminology, etc.

I almost feel bad for Jay, seems like odds are against him. But I know he can do it.

:cutler::cutler:

Comment

• honestly i see McDummy hitting the street before Jay does.

Comment

• If he plays like he did in 08 he better not be up for trade talks unless he threw 9 late game interceptions for our 9 losses.

Comment

• Jay Cutler VS. John Elway

Is anyone else tired of this argument? It's almost worse than Cutler vs. Rivers. Everyone seems perfectly content to compare Cutler's first 3 years in the NFL to John Elways 16.

Bottom line, the only STAT that matters that John Elway has over Jay AT THIS POINT IN HIS CAREER is wins (and one playoff appearance,that he lost) and as I've said in other threads, Elway NEVER had a defense give up 400 points and/or be at the bottom of the list in total defense.

I love John, and I am ETERNALLY grateful that he was a Bronco. I loved watching every second of him playing, and I cried like a baby when he retired.

Now, I get to watch another cocky, arrogant ass, play QB. And I'm gonna love every second of watching HIS career.

Please, for your own sake, if you are still drinking the "Jay ain't John" Kool-aid, have a glass for me, because I like Jay just the way he is.

:cutler::go:
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• I think with an improved defense, all Jay has to do is play the same way, just limiting a few dumb mistakes, and we will easily get in the playoffs.

The front office will be able to tell if it was Jay's fault or if it was the defense like last year.
                    A book I wrote

Comment

• Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                      But if he plays as good as he did in 09, as he did in 08... But our record is the same or gets worse, will he be in trade talks? Or will McDaniels realize that it was his first season trying to learn a new system, terminology, etc.

I almost feel bad for Jay, seems like odds are against him. But I know he can do it.

:cutler::cutler:

If Jay plays as good as he did in 09 & we end up with the same record, the defense still needs alot of work.

Cutler will prove everyone wrong, especially McDaniels & prove to him he shouldn't of even considered the Cassel trade. :salute!:

:cutler:

Comment

• i think because he will be dealing with a new coach,a new system and alot of new players the broncos will definately give him this season and the next,if were still running at .500 or worse.....its hasta la byebye jay!
                        i'm a BRONCO'S fan !:go:

Comment

• I just think that depends.

He could have a fantastic season...make the pro-bowl again...

and we could still miss the playoffs and go 7-9.

You never know. It will just depend on how he and McDaniels feel each other out during the season.

Jay may find that he really likes playing in the new offense.
                          sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevelkinevil View Post
                            honestly i see McDummy hitting the street before Jay does.
                            exactly, if the broncos have issues this year it will be more on mcdaniels than cutler....we already know cutler can be a productive qb, we know nothing about mcdaniels

Comment

• By the end of the season Jay will have learned a lot from McDaniels i.e. his system and how not to throw as many interseptions e.t.c and Mcdaniels will have learned a lot about Jay's abilities and his natural talent.

Once they get over this hurdle i don't see any problem between the two.

I also think that Jay, like a lot of the posters here, is having trouble letting go of Shanny... Not a criticism just an observation.

Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
                              exactly, if the broncos have issues this year it will be more on mcdaniels than cutler....we already know cutler can be a productive qb, we know nothing about mcdaniels
                              We know that McDaniels led on of the most prolific offenses of all time.... i agree he has not proven himself as a bronco yet but to say we know nothing about the guy is a little off the mark.
                              Last edited by HorseStance; 03-05-2009, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• Good post, OP.

I think ultimately we will finish 12-4 win a playoff game, lose the next, and it will all be hugs and cuddles.:cutler::go:
                                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                                X