No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hear Cutler has a stronger arm.. Source may have been slightly Biased.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• Regardless, Jay is going to have to limit the turnovers for Denver to be successful. The Brett Favres of the NFl are so yesterday.

Comment

• He will not be shown the door anytime before 2011. Even if he has a down year you can argue new system. However if he is also bad in 2010 then yes that pretty much proves it.

However bad he plays this year though, if he does incredibly bad down the stretch again but good leading up to it and we miss the playoffs because of that, he could be in some trouble. He has as much to prove as McD does.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
          Good post, OP.

I think ultimately we will finish 12-4 win a playoff game, lose the next, and it will all be hugs and cuddles.:cutler::go:
          Your very optimistic about all of this..

I'm expecting 7-9 or 8-8, 9-7 at best with no playoffs...

Comment

• Anyone on the Broncos is "trade bait" if by that you mean "can Jay be traded?"

Well, obviously yes. If the right circumstances come along, or even the Horribly WRONG circumstances that coach McIdiot thinks are right.

But, as we saw this off-season they'd have to find someone better and that won't be easy.

Cassel was a special situation. McClod had just spent 4 seasons grooming him and felt comfortable with Cassel running his offense. For some unfathomable reason he'd rather have Cassel than Cutler.

But Cassel will almost certainly never become a Bronco and there aren't a lot of options out there for immediate success. Drafting a QB either this year or next and waiting 3 years for him to develop will only get him fired, probably along with Xanders!

And if the Broncos have a losing season (likely given the schedule and coaching transition) the pressure on McDaniels to win in 2010 will be enormous!

He'll be sitting with a ticking clock over his head and if the team fails to make the playoffs in 2010 he's likely to be fired. Bowlen could have kept Mike Shanahan if all he wanted was another two seasons of 7-9, 9-7 (total 8-8) or worse! Under those circumstances would ANOTHER QB change really be in McDaniels best interest?

Like it or not McDaniels fate is tied to Jay's. IF Jay fails and McDaniels trades him, he'll have exactly ONE season to find and groom a replacement for a SB run.

McDaniels hasn't won anything. Mike won Denver's first two SBs and for that Bowlen will be eternally grateful, yet he was still fired after 3 seasons without a playoff appearance.

McMoron is in the same position as Wade Phillips was when he was hired as Broncos coach. Win now. Or Else! Like Phillips he's got TWO years to turn things around. Or there'll be a new coach in town. And turn things around means "get Denver into the playoffs and preferably win!"

Otherwise it'l be "Hit The Road Jack!"

With apologies to Ray Charles:

"Bowlen oh Bowlen don't treat me this way! Cause I'll be back on my feet someday!"

"Don't care if you do, cause it's understood, you ain't won nothing and you're just no good!"

"I guess if you say so! I'll have to pack my things and go!"

"That's right! Hit the road Josh, and don't you come back no more!"
            Last edited by Cugel; 03-05-2009, 10:39 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos6FTW View Post
              Your very optimistic about all of this..

I'm expecting 7-9 or 8-8, 9-7 at best with no playoffs...
              With our schedule next season anything above 6 wins is optimistic.

I say we make the playoffs but lose the first game.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevelkinevil View Post
                honestly i see McDummy hitting the street before Jay does.

i totally agree

Comment

• I should be paid money for this....

1) Next year the hottest HC candidate is going to be Mike Shanahan.

2) Shanahan's most likely first move will be to trade for Jay Cutler.

3) Cutler will bite because he can be enthusiastic about his career and the game he plays again, which is now impossible under Joshie.....something about actions speaking louder than BS I think.

4) Bowlen will stick to his toy pistols and keep Joshie and the X-Boy.

5) The Bronco fan base, already pissed and teetering since Bowlen's sudden decision to fire a Hall-of-Fame coach, who had to finish the season with no LB's and no RB's on the roster by the way, will desert Bowlen in droves.....after all, Mr. Bowlen, the NFL is a business....right? Bowlen is about to find out that oft-quoted phrase can also apply to his fanbase as well. Bronco fans ARE NOT droids.....at least they didn't used to be.

6) At that point enter John Elway to save the day. Very much like Kaiser Jr. contacted his old business buddy Bob Irsay about the whole John Elway draft debacle, Elway will offer to "take this off your hands, Pat."....and Bowlen will retire, selling the team to a group led by Elway.

7) John Elway will move the Bronco's to Los Angeles and fulfill his fondest dream. His first act as new owner will be to hire Mike Shanahan as HC, and Jay Cutler will again follow Shanny.

8) The Los Angeles Bronco's will win 4 out of 5 Superbowls and Shanny will retire....for good this time.

.........takers anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cugel View Post
                    Anyone on the Broncos is "trade bait" if by that you mean "can Jay be traded?"

Well, obviously yes. If the right circumstances come along, or even the Horribly WRONG circumstances that coach McIdiot thinks are right.

But, as we saw this off-season they'd have to find someone better and that won't be easy.

Cassel was a special situation. McClod had just spent 4 seasons grooming him and felt comfortable with Cassel running his offense. For some unfathomable reason he'd rather have Cassel than Cutler.

But Cassel will almost certainly never become a Bronco.

And if the Broncos have a losing season (likely given the schedule and coaching transition) the pressure on McDaniels to win in 2010 will be enormous!

He'll be sitting with a ticking clock over his head and if the team fails to make the playoffs in 2010 he's likely to be fired. Bowlen could have kept Mike Shanahan if all he wanted was another two seasons of 7-9, 9-7 (total 8-8) or worse! Under those circumstances would ANOTHER QB change really be in McDaniels best interest?

Like it or not McDaniels fate is tied to Jay's. IF Jay fails and McDaniels trades him, he'll have exactly ONE season to find and groom a replacement for a SB run.

McDaniels hasn't won anything. Mike won Denver's first two SBs and for that Bowlen will be eternally grateful, yet he was still fired after 3 seasons without a playoff appearance.

McMoron is in the same position as Wade Phillips was when he was hired as Broncos coach. Win now. Or Else! Like Phillips he's got TWO years to turn things around. Or there'll be a new coach in town. And turn things around means "get Denver into the playoffs and preferably win!"

Otherwise it'l be "Hit The Road Jack!"

With apologies to Ray Charles:

"Bowlen oh Bowlen don't treat me this way! Cause I'll be back on my feet someday!"

"Don't care if you do, cause it's understood, you ain't won nothing and you're just no good!"

"I guess if you say so! I'll have to pack my things and go!"

"That's right! Hit the road Josh, and don't you come back no more!"
                    Neither McDaniels or Cutler have won anything. If we fail they both should be shown the door. We don't want another Carson Palmer.

Comment

• Originally posted by HorseStance View Post
                      With our schedule next season anything above 6 wins is optimistic.

True that.

Comment

• Just Stop It John Elway Will Never Be Duplicated It Wasnt Elways Stats It Was Everything Else

Comment

• Originally posted by stickyicky420 View Post
                          Just Stop It John Elway Will Never Be Duplicated It Wasnt Elways Stats It Was Everything Else
                          I'm not saying John Elway can be duplicated. I don't want that.

I want Jay Cutler 1.0, not Elway 2.0
                          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                            Common misconception

Last year:

Home against Jags, D gave up 24 pts, Jay had 2 TO's cost us the game
                            Home against Dolphins, D gave up 26 pts, Jay had 3 TO's cost us game
                            Home against Bills, D gave up 27 pts, Jay had 1 TO, late in game in bills territory, cost us game

So 3 losses last year Im putting on Jay for stupid throws.

2 years ago:

Home against Packers, D gave up 19, Jay fumbled in the Packers redzone. led to lose

I love Jay, but he cant just blame the D. 2 years ago he can def blame the d for screwing em over. But not last year, 3 games Jays decesions cost us.

Again I love Jay but his decesion making needs to improve fast. He got the talent but needs to use that and become a complete player.

And again, I'll say that everyone sees what they want to.

How many bobbled balls were INT's? How about drops?

There are 53 people on a roster, and while no one will agree that Jay is perfect, everyone can agree that one single, solitary position does not win or lose games all by him/herself.

1.We were pressing in the Jags game because we couldn't keep the ball out of their hands. You wanna talk about misconceptions? Sure, it was ONLY (lol) 24points, but look at T.O.P. and how many 1st downs Jax had.

2. Jay had a HORRIBLE game against Miami. Bad game.

3. Prater's missed FG, and HORRIBLE Special teams and our D taking the every quarter but the first off, alongside Stokely not being able to reel in the catch at the end, cost us the game. (If you want to correct me about the last part of this sentence, don't bother. I was at the game, 10 rows up in the South stands, I saw him drop it. End of story.)
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• I am not angry at Jay. I would have been hurt too. As for his record, what was John's record in his first 2 years?

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                                And again, I'll say that everyone sees what they want to.

How many bobbled balls were INT's? How about drops?

There are 53 people on a roster, and while no one will agree that Jay is perfect, everyone can agree that one single, solitary position does not win or lose games all by him/herself.

1.We were pressing in the Jags game because we couldn't keep the ball out of their hands. You wanna talk about misconceptions? Sure, it was ONLY (lol) 24points, but look at T.O.P. and how many 1st downs Jax had.

2. Jay had a HORRIBLE game against Miami. Bad game.

3. Prater's missed FG, and HORRIBLE Special teams and our D taking the every quarter but the first off, alongside Stokely not being able to reel in the catch at the end, cost us the game. (If you want to correct me about the last part of this sentence, don't bother. I was at the game, 10 rows up in the South stands, I saw him drop it. End of story.)
                                Thats fine but people need to stop comparing him to Elway then. Elway won with a bunch of scrubs Jay hasnt proved that he can consistently do it. Let me say again I love Jay, but im just sick of people giving him a free pass for his stupid decesions. Yes people dropped balls, and stuff but not all of his INT's were from tipped balls.

Elite quarterbacks can win with people messing up aroudn them or can shake off a bad early pick or 2. Once Jay throws an early pick the rest of the game is a struggle. He def can fix that but he gotta cut back in some decesions.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X