McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Thats fine but people need to stop comparing him to Elway then. Elway won with a bunch of scrubs Jay hasnt proved that he can consistently do it. Let me say again I love Jay, but im just sick of people giving him a free pass for his stupid decesions. Yes people dropped balls, and stuff but not all of his INT's were from tipped balls.

Elite quarterbacks can win with people messing up aroudn them or can shake off a bad early pick or 2. Once Jay throws an early pick the rest of the game is a struggle. He def can fix that but he gotta cut back in some decesions.
    And I don't disagree about Jay needing to make better decisions.

And as for Comparing Jay to John, and winning with a bunch of scrubs, I will direct you here:
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=137121

QB's, even good ones, throw picks. I'm not blaming all of Jay's TO's on someone else, I'm just saying that QB's touch the ball most often, and with higher attempts, come higher INTS, with consecutive attempts, they get even higher. (i.e. Colts Vs. SD when Peyton tossed SIX ints in an effort to win the game.)

Games 10-14 with Peyton Hillis he had 8TD's and 4INT's. The team also went 4-1 the two biggest wins in that period of time were ATL and NYJ, both games where is attemps were cut in half.

Give him some time.
    (Oh, and a defense.)
    (oh, and a RB who will stay healthy all year.)
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
      And I don't disagree about Jay needing to make better decisions.

And as for Comparing Jay to John, and winning with a bunch of scrubs, I will direct you here:
      http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=137121

QB's, even good ones, throw picks. I'm not blaming all of Jay's TO's on someone else, I'm just saying that QB's touch the ball most often, and with higher attempts, come higher INTS, with consecutive attempts, they get even higher. (i.e. Colts Vs. SD when Peyton tossed SIX ints in an effort to win the game.)

Games 10-14 with Peyton Hillis he had 8TD's and 4INT's. The team also went 4-1 the two biggest wins in that period of time were ATL and NYJ, both games where is attemps were cut in half.

Give him some time.
      (Oh, and a defense.)
      (oh, and a RB who will stay healthy all year.)
      I agree with you other thread. I aint trying to compare Jay to John (guess it sounded that way tho). But I just tired of hearing about the comparison. If this league was won on stats then Jay would be great, but it isnt. I agree we need to see Jay as Jay. Not Jay the replacement for John. I think unless Jay wins 5 superbowls and breaks all records that this will forever be Johns town.

And yes Jay has shown flashes of good decesion making but his worst errors are after a game, bc it seems he gets in his head that he the greatest qb ever and gets a little to cocky. But with that said when Jay fixes that and the D can even break top 20. We will be a dominant team for years to come.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
        I agree with you other thread. I aint trying to compare Jay to John (guess it sounded that way tho). But I just tired of hearing about the comparison. If this league was won on stats then Jay would be great, but it isnt. I agree we need to see Jay as Jay. Not Jay the replacement for John. I think unless Jay wins 5 superbowls and breaks all records that this will forever be Johns town.

And yes Jay has shown flashes of good decesion making but his worst errors are after a game, bc it seems he gets in his head that he the greatest qb ever and gets a little to cocky. But with that said when Jay fixes that and the D can even break top 20. We will be a dominant team for years to come.
        There ya go, right on post, and +cp my man.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

--bringin' the pain--

:orton:

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtyorange View Post
            amen.

so many times i've seen him try to squeeze it in places when he should have thrown it away. a little too overconfident in that arm of his. he doesn't have much of a head on his shoulders and it worries me in 4th Q situations. you need to remain cool, calm, and collected during a comeback...not thinking about throwing a laser beam of an interception.
            you have to remember, he is still a very young qb...his knowledge on the field will come with age

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtyorange View Post
              amen.

so many times i've seen him try to squeeze it in places when he should have thrown it away. a little too overconfident in that arm of his. he doesn't have much of a head on his shoulders and it worries me in 4th Q situations. you need to remain cool, calm, and collected during a comeback...not thinking about throwing a laser beam of an interception.
              So what does it say about your post that Elway (whom many consider the greatest ever, and that is the only reason I use him for comparison here) had more INT's at this point in his career?

Hmmm?
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• I think that everyone is mad at Cutler because of that haircut. His Haircut makes him look like the kid on 2 and 1/2 men.

Comment

• Nice replies.

One thing that I think is FAIR to say... is that BOTH McDaniels and Cutler are under a hell of a lot MORE pressure than they were before this whole trade fiasco came about...

Comment

• I think it's possible for Cutler to be shown the door if the team isn't winning with him running the show. Talent or not, wins are the only thing that matters in the end.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Legendary30 View Post
                      I think it's possible for Cutler to be shown the door if the team isn't winning with him running the show. Talent or not, wins are the only thing that matters in the end.
                      I guess we better make the playoffs next year, or else...... I might not be able to represent my Cutler jersey in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                        Nice replies.

One thing that I think is FAIR to say... is that BOTH McDaniels and Cutler are under a hell of a lot MORE pressure than they were before this whole trade fiasco came about...
                        IMHO, the pressure will only be from the fans. I don't believe Bowlen will up his expectations because of last week's nightmare, BUT, I do believe he will be watching how both of them handle themselves.
                        My 2011 adopted poster.........and and

Adopted by: and

Comment

• again, everyone is forgetting the fact that this is his 4th season as the full time starter! the guy is still young...give it time and mistakes will become few

Comment

• Sure at this point it looks possible. But honestly guys if Jay has a solid year but the team I don't think McDaniels would send him packing. Here's why, after one year he should have fairly good grasp of the offense. If McDaniels were to trade him then, he has to start from scratch yet again which sets the the team back yet again. I would guess that's not what Bowlen had in mind.
                            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Josh

Who does Mcdaniels think he is trying to trade our #1 qb? I know one thing he BETTER turn out better than Charlie Weiss or else he can pack his bags after a 8 games.Xander where did you and this guy come up with this at and where in the h is P. Bowlen?

Comment

• McDaniels will make a dang good coach........this thread =
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X