No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't agree with trading Cutler, but the supposed deal with Detroit would have given us the #1, the #20, and Matt Cassel (who I don't like).

Three first round picks, plus a QB with NFL experience?

He was thinking about stacking the ever-loving dog crap out of this team is what he was thinking.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• I'm sure if Jay has similar stats for the next couple of years but the team falters, then McD will go first. I just don't see how you can downgrade at the QB position and expect to get better. But with that said, I expect McD to put the team into advantageous positions. I think they will both be fine.

Comment

• Please read and post in one of the other 10,000 threads regarding this topic. Stop inundating the boards with this trash....
        sigpic

Comment

• I'm not angry with Jay.

This was a front office blunder, not so much for considering the trade but for failing to adequately communicate what was going on to Jay and the media.

That falls on McDaniels. He preached endlessly about communication being key and wanting to develop a strong relationship with Jay. Even if he realized that having Jay here wouldn't work and/or having Cassel here would be better for the team, he should have just informed Jay of what was going on and then not tried to lie about it when he was asked.

I fully agree Jay has a lot of maturing to do. And I do agree that he's not an elite quarterback yet. Could he have handled the situation better himself? Perhaps. But it's hard to imagine how he couldn't be angry given how the Broncos treated and acted towards him, and he responded as many normal people in that situation would respond.

What sucks about this whole situation is that there's just no way McDaniels' and Cutler's relationship can be repaired. They may be able to co-exist, which is ultimately all they have to do. But don't expect 'Shanahan/Elway Part II' from these two guys.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco in UT View Post
            Please read and post in one of the other 10,000 threads regarding this topic. Stop inundating the boards with this trash....
            Fine, but I read the thread because it only has 3 reply comments tallied so far. The Cutler fiasco threads are "everybody's talking and nobody's listening." Uggh.

I liked the thread-poster's line of thought, and for me, it was worth reading.

Comment

• Only if he has a reaaallyy bad season. And I think he's good enough that that isn't even a possibility.

Everyone says "get Jay a defense and all will be okay", but I also think he needs a reliable running back. He threw 18 picks and some in the red zone because he has no other option than to throw.
              sigpic

TZ

Comment

• Originally posted by trenchwar08 View Post
                Fine, but I read the thread because it only has 3 reply comments tallied so far. The Cutler fiasco threads are "everybody's talking and nobody's listening." Uggh.

I liked the thread-poster's line of thought, and for me, it was worth reading.

You'll have to excuse Bronco in UT...he's still a little sore that Cutler isn't gone.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by HorseStance View Post
                  With our schedule next season anything above 6 wins is optimistic.

I say we make the playoffs but lose the first game.
                  If we make the playoffs with our schedule we will go deep.

Comment

• Josh didn't try to trade Cutler. He listen to a trade offer for Cutler.

Comment

• McDaniels is in one of the most coveted coaching jobs in all of sports, while at the same time, in one of the most difficult circumstances any Denver coach has ever faced (some of it his own making). Replacing a HOF fame coach is only the first hurdle, and a high bar to be sure. Denvers' schedule, by any measure, is the most difficult I've seen since the 80's. Of course, the toughest schedule didn't stop the Steelers in '08, but I'm not sure Denver can stand on an equal footing with the Steelers headed into '09.

Barring utter disaster, and maybe even then, Bowlen has almost no choice but to give McDaniels two or three years AND pretty much allow him to do whatever he thinks has to be done INCLUDING trading his franchise QB if it comes that...again.

McDaniels doesn't have to demonstrate instant success, as defined by play-off wins, or even make the play-offs. He doesn't! If he gets off to a rough first year, his salvation may be that Bowlen owes Shanahan and his staff millions, so he'll be here a while, whether we reach the stars or the stars fall on us.

Comment

• Originally posted by la303 View Post
                        Who does Mcdaniels think he is trying to trade our #1 qb? I know one thing he BETTER turn out better than Charlie Weiss or else he can pack his bags after a 8 games.Xander where did you and this guy come up with this at and where in the h is P. Bowlen?
                        YOU FAIL.

Seriously. How hard is it to just look around for a thread?

Who do you think you are, la303? Do you run an NFL team? Didn't think so. Please drive through.

In Manning I trust.

Comment

• I think his post was insightful and full of good insider football information. Well played sir. Great first post! I was a McD fan but you have changed my mind

Comment

• Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                            So first of all, let me start out by saying that I am glad Jay Cutler and Josh McDaniels are going to meet up and discuss their problems next week. Hopefully we can get this boat turned around, and headed in the right direction.

Secondly, I don't want this thread to start anything dealing with whether McDaniels is a liar or he is not. I specifically made another thread to argue points, facts, and logic of the situation.

But for now, I want to ask this question:

If the Denver Broncos don't live up to expectations, say we have a bad year and finish 7-9, or anything sub .500.... Is Jay going to be trade bait?

I'm sure deep in Jay's head, he'll always be "thinking" that he was going to be traded. Analysts and the experts will ALWAYS compare Cutler to Cassel this upcoming season. How they play, what their record will be, if Cassel would have been a better fit... blah blah.

We all know one thing. If Denver wins, people will be happy.

I think this upcoming season is going to be a HUGE test for Jay. I'm back behind him 110%.

But if he plays as good as he did in 09, as he did in 08... But our record is the same or gets worse, will he be in trade talks? Or will McDaniels realize that it was his first season trying to learn a new system, terminology, etc.

I almost feel bad for Jay, seems like odds are against him. But I know he can do it.

:cutler::cutler:
                            If Jay has the same kind of individual performance in 2009 as he did in 2008, I don't see how he gets traded.

If he shows an inability to command the offense and continuously makes bad decisions, then I could see him being traded.

The odds are not against him. The odds are actually in his favor, if he's as good as everyone makes him out to be.
                            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                            You Mad Bro?

Comment

• think JC is already halfway out the door, and now it's up to him to come back in, close the door, and talk like an adult and not some petulant Hoosier drama queen.

But... what if JC comes back and demands a trade, saying he'll never play another down for the Broncos? (esp if his bud Scheffler gets traded?)

As Bronco fans--fans of the team--we need to be prepared for this possibility. The (terrific) Simms signing is an ominous omen:go:

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutlers crew View Post
                                i think because he will be dealing with a new coach,a new system and alot of new players the broncos will definately give him this season and the next,if were still running at .500 or worse.....its hasta la byebye jay!
                                It would be bye bye McD not Cutler....Coach always gets the axe first.
                                Go Broncos!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X