No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sick of hearing the comparision.

I think Cutler has what it takes.

Elway was good, but he never won without the rest of the team being better, just like Jay won't win a superbowl until the D gets better.

Its a team sport, but I do believe that Jay can compete with Cutler. No need to stop the comarisons.

Do you think think Elway would have won the Bowl w/o TD?
    Go Broncos!!!

Comment

• I do believe that Jay can compete with Cutler.
      Funny thing is that I've never seen them both in the same room together.

Could Cutler be Jay, and Jay, Cutler?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockies3384 View Post
        I'm not sick of hearing the comparision.

I think Cutler has what it takes.

Elway was good, but he never won without the rest of the team being better, just like Jay won't win a superbowl until the D gets better.

Its a team sport, but I do believe that Jay can compete with Cutler. No need to stop the comarisons.

Do you think think Elway would have won the Bowl w/o TD?
        Actually, many experts such as John Madden feel that Elway's SuperBowl teams in the 80's were the most "one man show" teams ever to make the Superbowl. Sure, those teams had some good players, but every NFL team has good players.

And, Elway went to 3 SBs without TD.

I don't think it was too much to expect Jay to win the game against Buffalo at home last year to get us in the playoffs. I'm not even counting the SF game in 2006, also at home, because it was Jay's rookie year.

But if we are counting, Jay is 0-2 in games we had the better team and were playing at home for a playoff spot.

To be honest, we shouldn't compare Jay to John at this point...Jay to Jake is a better comparison, and Jake's passing stats hold up very well to Jay's, although Jake won a lot more games, and fumbled a lot less.

Jay has the potential to be a great QB. But now is the time to prove it. It's his 4th year. I don't want to hear about "new system". You can't throw picks when you're not being pressured, regardless of the system.

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
          Actually, many experts such as John Madden feel that Elway's SuperBowl teams in the 80's were the most "one man show" teams ever to make the Superbowl. Sure, those teams had some good players, but every NFL team has good players.

And, Elway went to 3 SBs without TD.

I don't think it was too much to expect Jay to win the game against Buffalo at home last year to get us in the playoffs. I'm not even counting the SF game in 2006, also at home, because it was Jay's rookie year.

But if we are counting, Jay is 0-2 in games we had the better team and were playing at home for a playoff spot.

To be honest, we shouldn't compare Jay to John at this point...Jay to Jake is a better comparison, and Jake's passing stats hold up very well to Jay's, although Jake won a lot more games, and fumbled a lot less.

Jay has the potential to be a great QB. But now is the time to prove it. It's his 4th year. I don't want to hear about "new system". You can't throw picks when you're not being pressured, regardless of the system.
          You can't throw picks when you're not being pressured? What does that even mean, lol?

The SB teams John Elway took to the SB never had as horrible of a defense Jay has had the last 2-3 years.

And as for that Buffalo game...Jay didn't lose the game...awful ST play, the defense deciding "Oh, 1 quarter is enough! Time to chill!", and Stoke not being able to hold on to a ball that was thrown where only he could get it lost the game.

The last two years, any QB NOT named Brady, Roethlisberger, Manning, or Warner would have had a worse record than Jay. End of story.
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
            I'm not saying John Elway can be duplicated. I don't want that.

I want Jay Cutler 1.0, not Elway 2.0

I agree... When the STRUT walked in the huddle in the 4th you knew...This will always be Johns town...Doesn't mean he cant share...
            sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

• I hate defending my name...I dont think Cutler is = to Elway...All I want is for him to have an equal shot...

If Jay is Just Jay he will be better then alright...
              sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

• Agreed.

It sounds corny, but I always think of Jay when I hear: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOFDaB1Sh20

"...Never mind what haters say, ignore them 'til they fade away.
                Amazing they ungrateful after all the game I gave away.
                Safe to say I paved the way, for you cats to get paid today.
                You still be wasting days away now had I never saved the day.
                Consider them my protégé, homage I think they should pay.
                Instead of being gracious, they violate in a major way.
                I never been a hater still I love them, in a crazy way.
                Some say they so yay and no they couldn't get work on Labor day.
                It aint that they black or white, their hands a area the shade of grey.
                I'm West side anyway, even if I left the day it stayed away.
                Some move away to make a way not move away cause they afraid.
                I'll go back to the hood and all you ever did was take away.
                I pray for patience but they make me want to melt they face away.
                Like I once made them scream, now I could make them plead their case away.
                Been thuggin' all my life, can't say I don't deserve to take a break.
                You'd rather see me catch a case, and watch my future fade away."

And .."I'm the opposite of moderate, immaculately polished with the spirit of a hustler and the swagger of a college kid.
                Allergic to the counterfeit, impartial to the politics.
                Articulate but still would grab a ***** by the collar quick.
                Whoever havin problems, with they record sale just holla TIP.
                If that don't work and all else fails, then turn around and follow TIP.
                I got love for the game but ay I'm not in love with all of it.
                I do without the fame and the rappers nowadays are comedy.
                The hootin' and the hollerin', back and forth with the arguing.
                Where you from, who you know, what you make and what kind of car you in.
                Seems as though you lost sight of what's important with the positive.
                And checks until your bank account, and you're about poverted.
                Your values is a disarrayed, prioritizing horribly.
                Unhappy with the riches cause you miss-poor morally.
                Ignoring all prior advice and fore warning.
                And we mighty full of ourselves all of a sudden aren't we?"
                Last edited by CoryWinget81; 03-05-2009, 05:47 PM.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Agreed.

It sounds corny, but I always think of Jay when I hear: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOFDaB1Sh20

Thats perfect ...CP to you...
                  sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

• Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
                    I hear Cutler has a stronger arm.. Source may have been slightly Biased.
                    lmao good one

Comment

• Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
                      I hear Cutler has a stronger arm.. Source may have been slightly Biased.
                      Funny... good one...

I hope people got the joke..

Anyways, I think if there is a good clone of elway in the NFL, no one is closer then cutler atm...

Comment

• John Elway is the greatest QB ever, hands down. He doesn't have the best stats because he always had a coach that believed in the running game first.
                        Reeves never let Elway loose until the 4th quarter... Then Wade Phillips where John called the plays (I think)... & then Shanahan & TD showed up, so we didn't need John to carry the load by himself.

Cutler is a special talent and I wouldn't want any other QB here but him. He will create his own legend in time.

Best Elway Stat
                        5 Super Bowls & 2 SB wins.

Comment

Is anyone else tired of this argument? It's almost worse than Cutler vs. Rivers. Everyone seems perfectly content to compare Cutler's first 3 years in the NFL to John Elways 16.

Bottom line, the only STAT that matters that John Elway has over Jay AT THIS POINT IN HIS CAREER is wins (and one playoff appearance,that he lost) and as I've said in other threads, Elway NEVER had a defense give up 400 points and/or be at the bottom of the list in total defense.

I love John, and I am ETERNALLY grateful that he was a Bronco. I loved watching every second of him playing, and I cried like a baby when he retired.

Now, I get to watch another cocky, arrogant ass, play QB. And I'm gonna love every second of watching HIS career.

Please, for your own sake, if you are still drinking the "Jay ain't John" Kool-aid, have a glass for me, because I like Jay just the way he is.

:cutler::go:

Completely agree with you. Seriously believe Jay has superstar ability and it's ridiculous to compare him to Elway's 15th season in the NFL... *shakes her head* We need to get over our man crush on Elway and MOVE ON! I love John Elway, but he hasn't played for 10 years. I'm looking forward to Cutler too!! :cutler: And my friend at work is furious because she wanted him to go to Minnesota. I am so hoping that McDaniels doesn't screw up next week!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by stickyicky420 View Post
                            Just Stop It John Elway Will Never Be Duplicated It Wasnt Elways Stats It Was Everything Else
                            His prima donna stuff too? REALLY!?!? Then how come it's totally not okay for Jay to be a little immature too?

Comment

Is anyone else tired of this argument? It's almost worse than Cutler vs. Rivers. Everyone seems perfectly content to compare Cutler's first 3 years in the NFL to John Elways 16.

Bottom line, the only STAT that matters that John Elway has over Jay AT THIS POINT IN HIS CAREER is wins (and one playoff appearance,that he lost) and as I've said in other threads, Elway NEVER had a defense give up 400 points and/or be at the bottom of the list in total defense.

I love John, and I am ETERNALLY grateful that he was a Bronco. I loved watching every second of him playing, and I cried like a baby when he retired.

Now, I get to watch another cocky, arrogant ass, play QB. And I'm gonna love every second of watching HIS career.

Please, for your own sake, if you are still drinking the "Jay ain't John" Kool-aid, have a glass for me, because I like Jay just the way he is.

:cutler::go:
                              You cried when he retired?

Comment

The last two years, any QB NOT named Brady, Roethlisberger, Manning, or Warner would have had a worse record than Jay. End of story.
                                im not so sure about even roethlisberger or warner. berger had a great defense and a rock solid running game to help him. warner was in an easy division and had amazing receivers. what did jay have? no defense, no running game, good receivers and a good line but that can only get you so far when the whole defense is dropping back into coverage.
                                Darcel McBath 2009 Adopt-a-Bronco

McDaniel's Assistant Assylum: Defensive Line Coach

Jay Cutler 336-555 3666 yards 27 TD 26 INT 7W 9L
                                vs.
                                Kyle Orton 336-541 3802 yards 21 TD 12 INT 8W 8L
                                Robert Ayers 18 Tackles 1 TD
                                First Round Pick TBA

Comment

Working...
                                X