McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tlcat06 View Post
    Yep, so it wasn't all his fault. Rainytx seems to think that he hasn't "done anything" yet. So I hope he does something just to appease him.
    Thank you, glad you're not being sarcastic

Comment

• Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
      Actually i was glad we drafted him. As far as the cleveland game. The most crucial play that kept us alive had nothing to do with jay. It was Hillis' 4th down carry but who cares about that
      Naw... Jay's 447 yards had NOTHING to do with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
        As far as I know, no-trade clauses are prohibited in NFL contracts.
        I believe that is correct. Since football has a salary cap, no trades would be too prohibited to cap management. Besides, it is a lame idea. If management wants to trade a star player they can. Cutler just needs to understand it is part of the game.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
        J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
        R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

• enjoyed this guys... gotta go to bed

Comment

• same here, 4:30 is gonna come early

Comment

• All I know is that Elway had a poor line and he took a lot of hard hits, game after game after game, year after year after year - and kept getting up! The part I'll always remember about Elway was sometimes he'd get that "look" in his eye when he was behind and you knew he'd pull the game out - even if he had to do it himself. He was an exciting player to watch!

He was the leader of the team and no one ever questioned it no matter the ego. When games were advertised on television it was always Elway and the Broncos - not the Broncos.

In my opinion, Cutler just hasn't shown me the heart that Elway had - and heart is what makes great players! Comparing Elway to Cutler? No way!

Oh... and who could forget Elway's John Wayne walk!
              Last edited by mbu; 03-05-2009, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• Well Jay is about to be handed a serviceable defense and running game. A proven offensive system. He already has a better O-line and receiving corps than Elway ever had under Reeves or Phillips. The excuses are gone. Time to see if he's a franchise maker or breaker. As a 37 year Bronco fan I'm hoping he makes it.

No NFL team was ever as reliant on one player as the Broncos of the late 80's and early 90's were on Elway. I don't want to see that again. It netted 3 Super Bowl embarrassments and a lot of undue criticism of the greatest football player I've ever seen play.
                \

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
                  I believe that is correct. Since football has a salary cap, no trades would be too prohibited to cap management. Besides, it is a lame idea. If management wants to trade a star player they can. Cutler just needs to understand it is part of the game.
                  nah, i think the FO needs to understand that he IS the franchise.

oh yeah, and that he has feelings...

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                    Is anyone else tired of this argument? It's almost worse than Cutler vs. Rivers. Everyone seems perfectly content to compare Cutler's first 3 years in the NFL to John Elways 16.

Bottom line, the only STAT that matters that John Elway has over Jay AT THIS POINT IN HIS CAREER is wins (and one playoff appearance,that he lost) and as I've said in other threads, Elway NEVER had a defense give up 400 points and/or be at the bottom of the list in total defense.

I love John, and I am ETERNALLY grateful that he was a Bronco. I loved watching every second of him playing, and I cried like a baby when he retired.

Now, I get to watch another cocky, arrogant ass, play QB. And I'm gonna love every second of watching HIS career.

Please, for your own sake, if you are still drinking the "Jay ain't John" Kool-aid, have a glass for me, because I like Jay just the way he is.

:cutler::go:
                    Be honest, when you were doing that crying were you an actual baby? Not slamming you here, but I am worried that any rational thinking mature football fan could actually think that there is any evidence worth comparing? The two guys are in completely different leagues. Elway showed you what a great player he was while Cutler has mostly just told us how great he is.
                    It's not just football, its Broncos Football, there IS a difference!

God, why didn't I call Mr. Bowlen back?http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...kbl/jayjay.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
                      4500 yards passing, 25 TD's, 18 INT's, second year starting. Little defense, little running game.

Well needless to say, its far from nothing.
                      17 up, 20 down, no playoff appearances or playoff wins. In other words NOTHING!!!! Nothing to do with the defense, running backs, 3rd year player! NOTHING!!! Rivers has NEVER lost a game in December and we have to get that shoved you know where but we have to sit here and praise Jay for yardage? Give it a rest. The worst part is Jay's attitude and accomplishments make the retards in sandiego look like they know what they are talking about and that should embarrass the hell out of you!

Jay stop telling us how great you are and just SHOW us!
                      It's not just football, its Broncos Football, there IS a difference!

God, why didn't I call Mr. Bowlen back?http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...kbl/jayjay.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Bradshaw3001 View Post
                        Jeff George had a better arm than Cutler and Elway combined...
                        Starting to remind me of George and June Jones in ATL.You boys are sitting on a powderkeg.

Comment

• I am going to go back to the orig. question cause it seems to me that we have gotten a little off topic... Why am I mad at Jay? Cause he is a little cry baby. He is crying cause he was put on the trading block. Big deal buddy, Joe Montana got traded so can you. He thinks that he is something special in this league and he has nothing to prove it. It is outragous him acting like such a premadonna and never doing anything in tis league. If Peyton or Brady were to act like this I would be more ok with it cause at least they have accomplished something. Win some ball games, win a division, win a few playoff games and then maybe I will hear what you have to say. But right now you are still all stats and no substance.. You need to shut up and just do as you are told. You were the one that asked to be traded. I would actually be pissed off at denver if everyone wasnt on the block. No player is bigger than the team and untradable.
                          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 32n33 View Post
                            Be honest, when you were doing that crying were you an actual baby? Not slamming you here, but I am worried that any rational thinking mature football fan could actually think that there is any evidence worth comparing? The two guys are in completely different leagues. Elway showed you what a great player he was while Cutler has mostly just told us how great he is.
                            Sorry to be pissy here...but reading comprehension is your friend.

Go back and read my post again, and I'll wait for the edit to the above post.
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by 32n33 View Post
                              17 up, 20 down, no playoff appearances or playoff wins. In other words NOTHING!!!! Nothing to do with the defense, running backs, 3rd year player! NOTHING!!! Rivers has NEVER lost a game in December and we have to get that shoved you know where but we have to sit here and praise Jay for yardage? Give it a rest. The worst part is Jay's attitude and accomplishments make the retards in sandiego look like they know what they are talking about and that should embarrass the hell out of you!

Jay stop telling us how great you are and just SHOW us!
                              I'd rather take the good players off of losing teams then the scrubs off of winning teams. That argument is FAIL.

You guys need to stop bringing up this shallow argument.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                                I am going to go back to the orig. question cause it seems to me that we have gotten a little off topic... Why am I mad at Jay? Cause he is a little cry baby. He is crying cause he was put on the trading block. Big deal buddy, Joe Montana got traded so can you. He thinks that he is something special in this league and he has nothing to prove it. It is outragous him acting like such a premadonna and never doing anything in tis league. If Peyton or Brady were to act like this I would be more ok with it cause at least they have accomplished something. Win some ball games, win a division, win a few playoff games and then maybe I will hear what you have to say. But right now you are still all stats and no substance.. You need to shut up and just do as you are told. You were the one that asked to be traded. I would actually be pissed off at denver if everyone wasnt on the block. No player is bigger than the team and untradable.
                                but dude you have to understand where he is coming from. In his eyes, and plenty of other peoples eyes, he is and was the broncos franchise qb. to hear it the way that he heard it, i completely understand where he came from. One day, you plan to retire a bronco then the next you hear news that you might be traded---understandable...
                                --bringin' the pain--

:orton:

Comment

Working...
                                X