McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by d-bronx42 View Post
    The REAL Jay Cutler is a big drama queen who wont quit whining and pouting about being brought up in trade talks...
    I like how making comments ONE time is "wont quit whining". LOL.

YOU are the drama queen. As well as most of this fan base (or at least what of it is on this forum).

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      Hey INC.......I see your point, but perception is usually based on some reality. I'm having a difficult time admiring him. One too many comments, one too many stories about his maturity (or lack thereof), one too many sulky looks, and in this case.....one too many "poor me" outbreaks.

I'm still praying this thing gets resolved, and normally it should. If all works out, I may even be a bigger Cutler fan. But many posters went 100% attack on McD without knowing the facts, and I'm sure some of them were against Shanny last year..... so what do they expect? And even if McD messed up, Jay could have taken the high road, and for that he would be greatly respected. But he chose not to, and that's a sign of weakness. Being a bigger person speaks volumes......stirring up the pot says little in the way of character.
      This is all too true.

People have a way of polarizing as an emotional response to somebody else's strong opinion.

That's why if you look at the opinions on the boards, so many of them are either pro-Cutler, anti McDaniels or Anti-Cutler, pro-McDaniels.

Few of them show well-roundedness.

There isn't enough information to find Cutler to have a personality problem.

There simply isn't. People tend to let their emotions drive their opinions of people of whom they've only absorbed their reactions to a couple of situations.

Cutler and McDaniels each are neither Saints nor demons. Both are just people who are reacting the way that normal people would in such a situation.

Our expectations are what's unreasonable.

Both clearly erred in their handling of this situation.

But that's all.

Any other way of painting it is just based off of YOUR own emotional response to the situation.

It upset me a bit when Shanny was fired. I saw him make some pretty big mistakes (Like firing Coyer) and have tremendous success (Like leading the most prolific offenses for the last decade with different talent(Even after Elway was gone).

But I was happy to see McDaniels hired. At first I was hoping for a defensive head coach, but I was impressed enough with what McDaniels did with that Patriot's offense that I was excited by the hiring.

And now, after small faux paus by Cutler and McDaniels each, I'm still excited to see how things work out and roll my eyes at the extreme overreaction of our fanbase overall.

I can only be happy to see that our fanbase has so much passion, but realize that these over-the-top irrational reactions have little to do with what either Cutler or McDaniels has done and more to do with how people percieve limited information and to their emotional reaction to all of this.
      My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
      . Post Your Artwork .
      . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• The damage has been done! If Culter does not come back and McDummy fails to win games this season. McDaniel is out and in M. Nolan. This is what i want to see. Karma is a *****, and McDummy will see the door. mark my words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay2Javon4life View Post
          And yes Brady Manning and several other qbs would not have been this immature.
          I love this line, as if it where true. Manning has had issues with saying the wrong thing to the media, just like Cutler. That is already proven since it has already happened. Maybe you have a point with Brady, I haven't seen him say the wrong thing to the media yet.

What is the best part of that statement though is the fact that most players I have seen comment on this have sided with Cutler. The two that went in detail on ESPN (TD and Sapp) both sided with Cutler.

So I have to ask, do you guys really believe this? For some reason, this forum seems to think that everyone else in the league is so "professional", when it is the exact opposite. You just don't pay attention to the aftermath as much for those guys because us Bronco fans don't care about them as much. I guess ignorance is bliss in this situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by CommandQ View Post
            The damage has been done! If Culter does not come back and McDummy fails to win games this season. McDaniel is out and in M. Nolan. This is what i want to see. Karma is a *****, and McDummy will see the door. mark my words.

Yes, we'll all mark your words.
            In Manning I trust.

Comment

• Originally posted by CommandQ View Post
              The damage has been done! If Culter does not come back and McDummy fails to win games this season. McDaniel is out and in M. Nolan. This is what i want to see. Karma is a *****, and McDummy will see the door. mark my words.
              The NFL is a business. The Denver Broncos are a business. Jay Cutler is a professional. He should act like one and stop feeling sorry for himself.

Comment

• I called KOA......

I called KOA about 5 minutes ago and this is what was said:

I asked if there was any truth to the rumor.

He said he didn't know, but he put me through to the news room.

The guy in the news room said that Schefter did in fact report that the meeting had been cancelled.

He said Schefter was not reporting at this time that the meeting had been rescheduled, but that when it is Schefter would report it.

He then asked me my name, and my authoritative tone changed.

I told him my name and that I was just a fan.

He asked me what the rumors were and I told him that it was rumored that Jay cancelled the meeting. He would not confirm this, but said that it was speculated that Jay had cancelled it. So, for now, it appears that CBS might be wrong in assuming that it has been rescheduled.

By the way, I don't have a link. I made a phone call. If you want to hear for yourself then call 1-303-713-8000 and ask for the news room.

:cutler:
                sigpic
                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Re-preat after me.... "Im sorry pitnlala".

I know we usually are quick to try to discredit rumors and stuff, but sometimes they do pan out. Anywho... back to what we were talking about...
                  *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                  *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                  *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadow7ax View Post
                    Well, i was actually saying in general to everyone, not just you. I think it's common sense to back up any new story. I'm a mod at a board and that's one of the rules. You can't just go around and break news without backing up. I understand you, but i don't find this heavy reaction strange at all.
                    No, I understand completely what you are saying. Look at it from my perspective.

What I was getting at, is I do hear things alot before they become public knowledge- and I dont post that stuff, because I know how it will come across.

But in this instance, it was on THE radio station for nes and Broncos info in denver. It's not like I was the only one that heard it. Frankly, I was surprised not to see a thread on it.

Then, after I posted it and started tog et bashed (really by just a few members I guess), I began to look for confirmation as well. I know others heard it as well (although they too got bashed), and now some of what I stated is coming out- though with a different spin.

I guess the point was, I heard this on a rather large medium, and it wasnt some second-hand info, or someone claimng they have inside info. Thus my lack of concern for a link.

I just assume the thread get locked or die, and I'll let someone else post a link when it is confirmed why they didnt meet today.

Comment

• :cutler: ain't all that anyways.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by pitnlala View Post
                        No, I understand completely what you are saying. Look at it from my perspective.

What I was getting at, is I do hear things alot before they become public knowledge- and I dont post that stuff, because I know how it will come across.

But in this instance, it was on THE radio station for nes and Broncos info in denver. It's not like I was the only one that heard it. Frankly, I was surprised not to see a thread on it.

Then, after I posted it and started tog et bashed (really by just a few members I guess), I began to look for confirmation as well. I know others heard it as well (although they too got bashed), and now some of what I stated is coming out- though with a different spin.

I guess the point was, I heard this on a rather large medium, and it wasnt some second-hand info, or someone claimng they have inside info. Thus my lack of concern for a link.

I just assume the thread get locked or die, and I'll let someone else post a link when it is confirmed why they didnt meet today.
                        I called for myself and started a thread based on how the conversation went. I apologize if I came across like I was trying to discredit you. It was not confirmed however that Jay cancelled, but only that it was speculated that Jay cancelled it.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                          I called KOA about 5 minutes ago and this is what was said:

I asked if there was any truth to the rumor.

He said he didn't know, but he put me through to the news room.

The guy in the news room said that Schefter did in fact report that the meeting had been cancelled.

He said Schefter was not reporting at this time that the meeting had been rescheduled, but that when it is Schefter would report it.

He then asked me my name, and my authoritative tone changed.

I told him my name and that I was just a fan.

He asked me what the rumors were and I told him that it was rumored that Jay cancelled the meeting. He would not confirm this, but said that it was speculated that Jay had cancelled it. So, for now, it appears that CBS might be wrong in assuming that it has been rescheduled.

By the way, I don't have a link. I made a phone call. If you want to hear for yourself then call 1-303-713-8000 and ask for the news room.

:cutler:
                          So, can I buy you a beer for confirming what I said all along?

And, if anyone feels bad and wants to buy me a beer, that would be okay by me. No hard feelings.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitnlala View Post
                            So, can I buy you a beer for confirming EVERYTHING that I said all along?

And, if anyone feels bad and wants to buy me a beer, that would be okay by me. No hard feelings.
                            That would be hard because I live in Idaho.

A cp would do just fine though!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Legendary30 View Post
                              :cutler: ain't all that anyways.
                              If you weren't already flamin I'd say you opened yourself up to be flamed.

Damint! Remind me! Be nice to L30! He's gonna be needed to save me from a meteor one day!
                              *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                              *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                              *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• If Cutler wants to earn some respect back from around the league and what not he needs to swallow some pride and just go in. Its the only thing that will actually help.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X