McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Denver-Sports614 View Post
    brett farve went 4-12 in 1991 which got a coaching chang in GB..i did cout the 2 games due to the acumulated states..
    This is where you're way off about Favre. The Packers went 4-12 in 1991. Favre was on the 10-6 Falcons that year where he only threw 4 passes.

And the Cutler thing in 2006 isn't how people determine wins and losses for a QB, especially in Cutler's case since he wasn't instrumental in the wins or losses when he saw action prior to starting. If that's the case, then JaMarcus Russell is 2-1 against Cutler since he came in for two series in the 2007 game that Josh McCown started. Now I now you don't want Russell to be 2-1 vs. Cutler now, do you?
    Last edited by DevilSpawn; 03-09-2009, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• i can't believe this...

if true then :cutler:= A Nancy LaLa

Comment

• Originally posted by pitnlala View Post
        He is not going to back down no matter what. Everything that I posted has been validated by other people that heard it, and now by you. I posted what I heard on KOA and KOA confirmed just what I said.

If someone is still upset that there is no proof of something, their gripe should be with Schefter and KOA, not me or the other posters that have simply restated what was reported/discussed.

Until Cutler calls Mojo and tells him the meeting was cancelled, he will still scream about trolls, etc. Whatever.
        I think you guys heard SOMETHING, jumped to a wild and unfounded conclusion, and now that you've been called out and proven to be false you're attempting to push and push and push rather than just concede that a) nothing worth 2 threads and nearly 200 posts took place; and b) you minterpreted what was said and reported it as a matter of fact, which is a violation of the rules here.

Obviously something with the meeting was changed, although I don't know why everyone just assumed it would be Monday, as everything I read stated 'sometime next week'. But it wasn't 'Cutler cancelled the meeting' and that's clearly not what you and the OP of the other thread heard and inappropriately stated, despite claiming emphatically otherwise until you were proven wrong.

Furthermore, beyond a link to CBS News 4, nothing tangible has been provided to prove anything newsworthy took place other than changing the day of the meeting.

So once again, you are trying to stir the pot. There's nothing going on here that is worth mentioning other than that the meeting apparently won't be taking place today, but sometime later this week.

So once again, the other thread fails.
        sigpic

Comment

• can we just call this thread a fail already and move on, favre sucks, hes a moron, any defence today would end favres ****tackular career before 94 (what i mean by that is if had favre had been playing against the defences in the nfl today he would been tossed outta the league before 94) jus look at how much damage favre did over the past 3-4 seasons. (and before u say anything about how good he did in 07 just try and imagine the defence green bay has managaed over the past little while, im pretty sure there defence was top 5 when farve did decent two yrs ago, not to mention getting to play the lions and bears 4 times a year....)

also if i took 5 vikadin a game i wouldnt ever go down either, but you know i might actually try reading my playbook instead of just bombing the ball every play
          go broncos

Comment

• Don't know if this was posted...

Cutler-McDaniels Meeting Still To Come

The face-to-face meeting between Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler and new head coach Josh McDaniels is still scheduled for this week. Just not Monday.

Cutler is still planning to sit down with McDaniels sometime in the next few days, but sources told CBS4 Sports they couldn't say when that would happen, other than it was not on the agenda Monday.

The meeting became necessary after the Broncos explored trading Cutler in exchange for Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel. A three-team trade that was discussed would have sent Cutler to Tampa Bay and Cassel to Denver. That deal fell through and Cassel was eventually traded to Kansas City.

When news of the trade talks leaked, Culter expressed shock and anger. The Broncos denied they attempted to trade Cutler, but the quarterback said he was positive that the team dangled his name to other teams.

Ultimately, the Broncos released a statement saying they were not trading Cutler, and that a meeting between the quarterback and coach was scheduled for this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
              If your including preseason then............

Bc Jays first game action was against the Seahawks in December.

Jays stats

It says 37 games played, which translates to his 17-20 record
              damn u, u posted ur epic fail while i was writing my weak ass txt fail
              go broncos

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
                LOL.....

Not a single teammate or person that knows Jay thinks he is all about himself. I like that some of you stuck up fans think you know a guy from a few press confrences. It is truely funny...

Also, the same Manning that has thrown both his o-line and defense under the bus in losses? The same Brady and Manning that throw fits on the field when they are doing bad? Are you talking about these class acts that do the EXACT same thing as Cutler?

Brady took a paycut. OK, a ton of top stars have done this. What is new? He most likely didn't take less money but just re-worded his contract to save cap. Has Jay been asked to do this? Does Jay make enough to really need a restructure right now?

Manning supported a guy his HC wanted to be the replacement. Mannings head coach left on his own. You really think that compares to this situation? Do you really think Manning would have supported the firing of Tony Dungy and then been ecstatic when they hired a guy that wanted to trade them?

Are you for real Mind? This post is such a joke.
                Just ask yourslf if you can ever recall another circumstance like the one that is developing at Dove Valley that ever had a happy ending and you will have your answer.

You can disagree with me, and flame me all you like, it does not change what is going on between Cutler and the Broncos, because it is not going to end well.

So does the blame game really matter?

The Broncos better get back on the phones and re-start attempts to move Jay Cutler, or Bowlen needs to step in and fire McDaniels and Xanders.

Which do you think is more likely to happen?
                Last edited by MindField; 03-09-2009, 01:46 PM.

Comment

I love this line, as if it where true. Manning has had issues with saying the wrong thing to the media, just like Cutler. That is already proven since it has already happened. Maybe you have a point with Brady, I haven't seen him say the wrong thing to the media yet.

What is the best part of that statement though is the fact that most players I have seen comment on this have sided with Cutler. The two that went in detail on ESPN (TD and Sapp) both sided with Cutler.

So I have to ask, do you guys really believe this? For some reason, this forum seems to think that everyone else in the league is so "professional", when it is the exact opposite. You just don't pay attention to the aftermath as much for those guys because us Bronco fans don't care about them as much. I guess ignorance is bliss in this situation.
                  Your ignorance must be your bliss, because you are in complete denial with regard to what is going on.

A Cutler/Broncos divorce appears inevitable at this point, and even Pat Bowlen has been reported to be souring on Cutler's act.

So go ahead and rationalize and deny all you like, in the end, it won't matter.

Right now, energy is just building under the surface of this volcano, and eventually, it is going to blow.

Comment

• Originally posted by GCPIII View Post
                    So you won't admit that you said that we were just making this whole thing up? You are now making an argument based on the accuracy of the story when before you couldn't fathom that their was a story without some "hard links".
                    I stated that you guys were either making it up or completely misinterpreted what you heard, which is apparently true.

And yes, thus far four hours later, we still have no links to this story other than from CBS News 4, which tends to be pretty reliable in these situations. Nothing from NFL.com or NFL Network - Schefter's employer.

So yes, I think you misheard Schefter, and you reported something that wasn't true (Cutler cancelled meeting) as a matter of fact. If we are to believe the OP of this particular thread, Schefter simply stated that the meeting was on hold, and it was some guy in the newsroom who speculated that it was likely Cutler's doing. Some guy in the newsroom speculating on the phone to a message board poster is a far cry from Schefter reporting it as fact on the radio.
                    sigpic

Comment

• http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/nfl.br....2.953926.html

Forgot the link...

Comment

• Originally posted by MindField View Post
                        Your ignorance must be your bliss, because you are in complete denial with regard to what is going on.

A Cutler/Broncos divorce appears inevitable at this point, and even Pat Bowlen has been reported to be souring on Cutler's act.

So go ahead and rationalize and deny all you like, in the end, it won't matter.

Right now, energy is just building under the surface of this volcano, and eventually, it is going to blow.
                        LOL, good luck with that. Cutler isn't going anywhere. I would bet McDaniels is gone LONG before Cutler.

You will all just have to suffer through the next 12-15 seasons. It must be horrible for each of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                          I stated that you guys were either making it up or completely misinterpreted what you heard, which is apparently true.

And yes, thus far four hours later, we still have no links to this story other than from CBS News 4, which tends to be pretty reliable in these situations. Nothing from NFL.com or NFL Network - Schefter's employer.

So yes, I think you misheard Schefter, and you reported something that wasn't true (Cutler cancelled meeting) as a matter of fact. If we are to believe the OP of this particular thread, Schefter simply stated that the meeting was on hold, and it was some guy in the newsroom who speculated that it was likely Cutler's doing. Some guy in the newsroom speculating on the phone to a message board poster is a far cry from Schefter reporting it as fact on the radio.

I think we are missing a noteworthy topic of discussion here. That is the fun I had in the phone call asking very direct questions, until he asked who I was.

At that point I just stated that I was a fan and had heard a rumor on the internet. I fealt so deflated then!
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• maybe there not having a meeting cause they dont need to put on a show for the media maybe there actual men who settled there differences without getting in a room with all of america watching and putting on some bull**** show for ur country full of drama queens.......
                            go broncos

Comment

• There huge s difference in someone cancelling a meeting and the meeting is on is just not today.
                              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

LOL, good luck with that. Cutler isn't going anywhere. I would bet McDaniels is gone LONG before Cutler.

You will all just have to suffer through the next 12-15 seasons. It must be horrible for each of you.
                                I am not choosing sides.

I think Cutler and McDaniels are both to blame.

One or the other will eventually have to go, but Pat Bowlen has made a huge investment in Josh McDaniels, so I think it unlikely he will replaced, and if anything, the reports are that Bowlen has not been happy with Cutler.

So, unless the Broncos trade Cutler now, they will be forced to work together next season, and what a treat that will be for everyone.

Cutler will stay away from the OTA's, etc, until they are mandatory, and will fracture the team right down the middle. He may even stay completely away and demand a trade. I don't know what the fines are for offseason workouts, etc, so it could be a case where you don't see Cutler until July.

The Broncos will pay for it with a horrendous season next year, and then the blame game will start.

Never-the-less, a line apparently has been drawn in the sand, and Cutler and McDaniels are headed for a serious game of chicken. After all, if Cutlker is now refusing to meet with McDaniels, how is a resolution ever going to be reached?

Fantastic professionalism, don't you think?

Comment

Working...
                                X