No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thx yardo read ur post soon as i was done writing mine, thing said it was posted almsot 4 hrs ago though, to bad no one could find it 12 pages ago eh
    go broncos

Comment

• Originally posted by MindField View Post
      I am not choosing sides.

I think Cutler and McDaniels are both to blame.

One or the other will eventually have to go, but Pat Bowlen has made a huge investment in Josh McDaniels, so I think it unlikely he will replaced, and if anything, the reports are that Bowlen has not been happy with Cutler.

So, unless the Broncos trade Cutler now, they will be forced to work together next season, and what a treat that will be for everyone.

Cutler will stay away from the OTA's, etc, until they are mandatory, and will fracture the team right down the middle. He may even stay completely away and demand a trade. I don't know what the fines are for offseason workouts, etc, so it could be a case where you don't see Cutler until July.

The Broncos will pay for it with a horrendous season next year, and then the blame game will start.

Never-the-less, a line apparently has been drawn in the sand, and Cutler and McDaniels are headed for a serious game of chicken. After all, if Cutlker is now refusing to meet with McDaniels, how is a resolution ever going to be reached?

Fantastic professionalism, don't you think?

I honestly am getting a little tired of the whole thing. I have been on the fence for the most part.

I can understand why he would get upset, but it's not like things like this never happen as Jay suggested. It happened to John Elway. It has happened to Donovan McNabb more than once.

Jay needs to quit grandstanding and go meet with the coach. That is, if he really is the team guy he boasts of.
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

I am not choosing sides.

I think Cutler and McDaniels are both to blame.

One or the other will eventually have to go, but Pat Bowlen has made a huge investment in Josh McDaniels, so I think it unlikely he will replaced, and if anything, the reports are that Bowlen has not been happy with Cutler.

So, unless the Broncos trade Cutler now, they will be forced to work together next season, and what a treat that will be for everyone.

Cutler will stay away from the OTA's, etc, until they are mandatory, and will fracture the team right down the middle. He may even stay completely away and demand a trade. I don't know what the fines are for offseason workouts, etc, so it could be a case where you don't see Cutler until July.

The Broncos will pay for it with a horrendous season next year, and then the blame game will start.

Never-the-less, a line apparently has been drawn in the sand, and Cutler and McDaniels are headed for a serious game of chicken. After all, if Cutlker is now refusing to meet with McDaniels, how is a resolution ever going to be reached?

Fantastic professionalism, don't you think?
        I would argue that Bowlen has as much or more investment in Jay Cutler than he does Josh McDaniels, and if Bowlen were to go off of history, he would be smart to stick with Cutler (as he did with Elway) over the head coach.

Cutler is irreplaceable, IMO. You can find a young inexperienced 32-year-old head coach somewhere else. Maybe McDaniels is the next coming of Bill Walsh or Bill Belichick. But if push came to shove, you always keep the player over a head coach unless it's a T.O.-type situation, which Cutler clearly isn't there yet.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by pitnlala View Post
          He is not going to back down no matter what. Everything that I posted has been validated by other people that heard it, and now by you. I posted what I heard on KOA and KOA confirmed just what I said.

If someone is still upset that there is no proof of something, their gripe should be with Schefter and KOA, not me or the other posters that have simply restated what was reported/discussed.

Until Cutler calls Mojo and tells him the meeting was cancelled, he will still scream about trolls, etc. Whatever.
          Not from what I'm reading, CBS 7 contradicts what you said. It say there is a meeting but it is just not Monday.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
            I would argue that Bowlen has as much or more investment in Jay Cutler than he does Josh McDaniels, and if Bowlen were to go off of history, he would be smart to stick with Cutler (as he did with Elway) over the head coach.

Cutler is irreplaceable, IMO. You can find a young inexperienced 32-year-old head coach somewhere else. Maybe McDaniels is the next coming of Bill Walsh or Bill Belichick. But if push came to shove, you always keep the player over a head coach unless it's a T.O.-type situation, which Cutler clearly isn't there yet.
            So when do you replace McDaniels?

Comment

• Originally posted by TXBRONC View Post
              Not from what I'm reading, CBS 7 contradicts what you said. It say there is a meeting but it is just not Monday.
              I mentioned this to the guy in the news room. His only response was that they would verify it once Schefter reports it.

I realize that you can only take this with a grain of salt without knowing who is the leak in the organization for each outlet.

I am only stating my opinion here. My opinion is that I will believe that the meeting is rescheduled once Schefter reports it.

I would like to believe that it will happen within the next couple of weeks because Cutler needs to show a little professionalism and sit down with McDaniels. But, once again that's just my opinion.
              sigpic
              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
                Man you guys are going to hate the next 12 years of our horrible, unprofessional, rude, dumb, incensitive, and impolite QB.

Next time I'm sure we will look for guys that you approve of. Since you all seem to want to date them and all. I guess we are figuring out we need to have everyone approve of their personalities.

I'm not denying he shouldn't have gone to the media. I am saying you guys are blowing it far out of perportion, making up lies, and talking **** because of a bunch of rumors. This fan base has turned into high school girls or old ladies gossiping.

EVERYONE that has actually known Jay and talked about him has said how great of a guy he is. I think I will believe that over what all of you gossiping girls think.
                Okay...if that's how you see it.....don't agree with you, but.....

Comment

I think you guys heard SOMETHING, jumped to a wild and unfounded conclusion, and now that you've been called out and proven to be false you're attempting to push and push and push rather than just concede that a) nothing worth 2 threads and nearly 200 posts took place; and b) you minterpreted what was said and reported it as a matter of fact, which is a violation of the rules here.

Obviously something with the meeting was changed, although I don't know why everyone just assumed it would be Monday, as everything I read stated 'sometime next week'. But it wasn't 'Cutler cancelled the meeting' and that's clearly not what you and the OP of the other thread heard and inappropriately stated, despite claiming emphatically otherwise until you were proven wrong.

So once again, the other thread fails.
                  You are so wrong, either you dont read, or dont care because you have an agenda.

What we told you we heard is what KOA confirmed. Show me where Schefter is saying the meeting was rescheduled. You cant, because he didnt. They guy that reported this (Schefter) said that Dutler has "no intent" to sit down with McD. That led him to believe Cutler cancelled the meeting.

None of this contradicts my original post. Look it up.

If I concede anything it is that the title should read: "Schefter believes Monday meeting cancelled by Cutler"

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    Okay...if that's how you see it.....don't agree with you, but.....
                    ..and the fact that alot of what jhns says is actually not true, but then he has a selective memory anyway...

Comment

• I think Jay has proven he is emotionally immature with the way he has handled this. It's that same immaturity that has him acting the way he does at press conferences after a loss.

I loved drafting Jay. I love his potential. I own an authentic Jersey. However, when push comes to shove I am a Denver Broncos fan and him going may be what's best for the organization.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos_fan88 View Post
                        thx yardo read ur post soon as i was done writing mine, thing said it was posted almsot 4 hrs ago though, to bad no one could find it 12 pages ago eh
                        Actually it was posted by someone else but I'm sure a lot of people didn't see it or overlooked the post. Not many people are going to go through 13 pages of BS to find it.

And... I like everyone else here, does not have the time to do that.

Comment

So when do you replace McDaniels?
                          If Bowlen were smart, he'd either order Jay to come to Denver immediately, or go with McDaniels in the jet to wherever Jay is, sit the two of them down, and not allow anyone to leave until both sides agreed to make this work through the 2009 season. If at that point both couldn't co-exist, then make a determination of who stays and who goes based on the 2009 season.

That's what bothers me most about this whole situation. Cutler has yet to coach under McDaniels, and McDaniels has yet to coach Cutler, and both are already making determinations that they can't make it work. That's where the owner steps in and forces the issue.

Unfortunately, I don't think Bowlen is THAT type of owner, and I would venture to guess that he had a pretty good idea of what was going on in the front office the day McDaniels almost traded Cutler, much like he likely knew when Reeves tried trading Elway to the Redskins in '92.
                          sigpic

Comment

..and the fact that alot of what jhns says is actually not true, but then he has a selective memory anyway...
                            So what am I leaving out? What am I saying that is a lie?

Or do you just come in to take shots and not contribute or back those shots up?

Comment

If Bowlen were smart, he'd either order Jay to come to Denver immediately, or go with McDaniels in the jet to wherever Jay is, sit the two of them down, and not allow anyone to leave until both sides agreed to make this work through the 2009 season. If at that point both couldn't co-exist, then make a determination of who stays and who goes based on the 2009 season.

That's what bothers me most about this whole situation. Cutler has yet to coach under McDaniels, and McDaniels has yet to coach Cutler, and both are already making determinations that they can't make it work. That's where the owner steps in and forces the issue.

Unfortunately, I don't think Bowlen is THAT type of owner, and I would venture to guess that he had a pretty good idea of what was going on in the front office the day McDaniels almost traded Cutler, much like he likely knew when Reeves tried trading Elway to the Redskins in '92.
                              The situation is different because Bowlen just fired Shanahan to hire McDaniels.

Reeves and Elway had their differences come to a head after ten years.

I personally would try to trade Cutler and Marshall now and cut the drama out from the team. Both are talented, yes, but both are headaches and distractions that ultimately I don't believe you can win with anyway.

For better or worse, Bowlen selected mcDaniels, and to be forced to cut ties with him now would make Bowlen look like a slave to his petulant QB.

The other alternative is to force them to work together, which while possible, is unlikely to work.

The Broncos are becoming a joke.

It's one thing after another with their owner, coach, QB, or WR...

Comment

• Originally posted by cutler=wins View Post
                                Cutler don't have to earn nothing back. Mc D has a lot of earning to do, but once a liar always a liar if i was Jay i would demand a trade
                                lies are apart of everyday life.. no way around it.. jay gets paid big bucks not to let lies, media,rumors, baby mommas,fans or anything distract his focus.. going to another team doesn't mean he wont get lied to...lol..he should stay here cuz, hell, at lease he knows what kind of coach he has here.. one that has a proven record of making QB's better,and dosen't put any one person above the team.. like it or not u have to respect it:go:

:go:

Comment

Working...
                                X