McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by #1BRONCSFAN View Post
    ya and start all over on a QB and hope he is as good as cutler. Dont think so.
    How is Jay NOT traded? Really. He doesn't like the coach one iota, and has ran to Mort to throw the ORGANIZATION under the bus for trading him. It's a business, he took that way to personal and blew it WAY outta proportion. Jay Cutler in my eyes, on this team, is Terrell Owens. We can't win with his attitude especially at the QB position. If he doesn't want to work with McDaniels and doesn't trust the Broncos... he can and will be accommodated with a new team.

Comment

• Originally posted by stnzed View Post
      It's true that both of these threads are based on speculation, but what isn't speculation is that trading Cutler in the first place is incredibly stupid.

The only thing Cutler has done wrong was NOT saying "I have no comment", and if this whole mess has taught us anything, it's taught us that honesty doesn't mean jack **** in the Denver Broncos community.

If you lie Broncos fans will make ridiculous excuse after ridiculous excuse, if you answer a question honestly and candidly they will call you every name in the book.

Denver = Philadelphia.......
      Right on post, and its certainly starting to seem like we are turning into Philly Jr.

People like Overtime (formerly 91stvink..spelling?) say Jay Cutler is immature for questioning anything, but starts public threads about why he got a warning.

AND THEN, People like Kwhit say he is an immature, arrogant, crap-talking punk, and I guarantee you Ktwit has never even met Jay. Seriously, how can you say some pretty polarizing things about people when you have never met them?

Trading Cutler is monumentally moronic. IF we trade Jay Cutler, we'll be watching the NFL Network in 8-10 years talking about Jay Cutler and the historic collapse of a franchise after trading him.
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by Momentum View Post
        How is Jay NOT traded? Really. He doesn't like the coach one iota, and has ran to Mort to throw the ORGANIZATION under the bus for trading him. It's a business, he took that way to personal and blew it WAY outta proportion. Jay Cutler in my eyes, on this team, is Terrell Owens. We can't win with his attitude especially at the QB position. If he doesn't want to work with McDaniels and doesn't trust the Broncos... he can and will be accommodated with a new team.
        Once again, ladies and gentlemen, a post full of rhetoric, half-truths, and assumptions.

sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
          Right on post, and its certainly starting to seem like we are turning into Philly Jr.

People like Overtime (formerly 91stvink..spelling?) say Jay Cutler is immature for questioning anything, but starts public threads about why he got a warning.

AND THEN, People like Kwhit say he is an immature, arrogant, crap-talking punk, and I guarantee you Ktwit has never even met Jay. Seriously, how can you say some pretty polarizing things about people when you have never met them?

Trading Cutler is monumentally moronic. IF we trade Jay Cutler, we'll be watching the NFL Network in 8-10 years talking about Jay Cutler and the historic collapse of a franchise after trading him.
          All QB's have their critics, the problem with Cutler's critics is that their posts are nothing more than biased, antagonistic crap like the one Momentum just posted.......

Comment

• Originally posted by MindField View Post
            What about his pouting about his boy Jeremy Bates not being retained?

What about his indifference to Josh McDaniels in being named the Head Coach?

What about his absence this offseason, and his refusal to show the leadershipo that is expected of your franchise QB?

Jay Cutler has his share of the blame to accept and certainly has not acted
            in the manner one would expect from the face of the team.
            that same team just tried to trade his ass for nothing......why you guys worry so much about his reaction to this when the guy is dedicating most of his free time to helping kids and dedicating himself to educating people is beyond me. the guy just cant do right.....he could cure world hunger and all ya all would do is whine about the look on his face wasnt the greatest at his press release.....

Comment

• Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
              Right then if he gets traded please go to whatever team he plays for. You sure are not a bronco fan, you are a Cutler fan. I never once said the guy is a jerk wad, but why do you hate McDaniels so much? You are so infatuated with Cutler that anyone that doesn't think he fits their system you hate. This is a business, not a who is your friend competition. Why do you think McDaniels hates Cutler? Source please? Get over it, and so should Cutler. He gets paid millions of dollars to play a game.

so lame bro...so lame.....calling out my fanhood because i dont agree with the decision a naive rookie HC just made......and i wonder why fans are all over cutler because he isnt holding MCD's jock strap..

dude for real get overyourself.....

Comment

• Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
                When I think of how many picks are wasted and how much time is spent trying to find a guy like Cutler. I don't care what McD could have got, it was a stupid move. Cutler still has a lot to prove, but its hard to just find a guy showing that potential.

If Cassel couldn't perform here, and the draft didn't go very well. Then we'd been without a star QB and we'd be looking for a new coach. McD would have been viewed as a guy that destroyed a very good offense and ruined a team.
                Even with Cutler, he runs that risk. What if Cutler can't run the new offense? What if the Broncos go 4-12? What if the defense gets worse? All these things would be blamed on McDaniels.

McDaniels tried to increase the odds in his favor by getting a quarterback that he knows can run his offense. It was a good idea, it just didn't work out for him. Fortunately for him, he still has a quarterback with a lot of potential to work with.

Too many people act as though Cutler has proved he's an elite quarterback. He hasn't proved a thing other than he has potential. If the Pro Bowl voting had been done at the end of the regular season, like it should be done, he probably wouldn't have been selected.

I think Cutler will be good for the Broncos, as long as they surround him with the right players. I could see a situation though, where McDaniels could be forced to move toward a more run heavy approach. Marshall could find his way out of town if he keeps having mishaps during every off season. Eddie Royal isn't going to be enough and beyond those two, the receiver corps isn't very impressive, even though they might be solid. With Cutler not being a very good decision maker, they aren't likely going to be able to get away with sub par talent in the receiver corps the way the Patsies were able to do before they got Moss and Welker. The Broncos are going to need at least two play makers at WR for Cutler to be successful. If they lose that, they might have to rely on the run a bit more than anyone would expect.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                  If he cannot read defenses, tell me how he's made some of the best plays that I've seen a QB make just off of presnap reads. I'd love to hear evidence that shows that he cannot read defenses, off of anecdotal crud about how he may have thrown the ball into a defender's hands a few times. Even Peyton and Tom do that. Doesn't mean they can't read defenses, and I'd argue that Cutler's stats show that he can read defenses as well.
                  Lol you cannot even post evidence to the contrary and even NFL analysts admit he reads defenses poorly. So he makes some amazing throws? He also makes some absolute retarded throws. INTs not even close to completion or straight into defenders. I have never seen tom or peyton make those throws. Only person comparable is favre.

Go on Cutler fanboi lick his @$$ some more. I'm tired of you guys who basically worship the ground he walks and hates mcdaniels before he even coaches one game.

Comment

• Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
                    so lame bro...so lame.....calling out my fanhood because i dont agree with the decision a naive rookie HC just made......and i wonder why fans are all over cutler because he isnt holding MCD's jock strap..

dude for real get overyourself.....
                    Lol you constantly mock mcdaniels without even seeing him coach one game. You basically want him to hold Cutlers jock strap and bend over because why? He's taken us to so many playoffs and SBs? Oh wait.. McDaniels is the one with the rings...

Only person who needs to get over them self is you, or more importantly get over your fascination with Cutler until he grows a pair and stops acting so immature.

Comment

• Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                      I hope Cutler is a bronco for life.
                      yuh what he said i want Cutler for life and btw great Thread cp for you
                      Proud Member of: Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #35

Comment

• Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
                        that same team just tried to trade his ass for nothing......why you guys worry so much about his reaction to this when the guy is dedicating most of his free time to helping kids and dedicating himself to educating people is beyond me. the guy just cant do right.....he could cure world hunger and all ya all would do is whine about the look on his face wasnt the greatest at his press release.....
                        See this proves you don't pay attention to football at all. You keep mentioning because he helps kids and stuff. *** does that have to do with playing football? Seriously it's cool yes, but that has nothing to do with it. If that was the case Lynch wouldve finished his career with TB based on the community alone.

Maybe you should do some research? Apparently the offer was detroits 1st rnd pick + cassel. How is that nothing? This is not about who does what in the community. It's a business which you apparently do not grasp.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
                          Lol you constantly mock mcdaniels without even seeing him coach one game. You basically want him to hold Cutlers jock strap and bend over because why? He's taken us to so many playoffs and SBs? Oh wait.. McDaniels is the one with the rings...

Only person who needs to get over them self is you, or more importantly get over your fascination with Cutler until he grows a pair and stops acting so immature.
                          how lame is that, mcdaniels has proven nothing more than being a offensive cordinator. cutler has proven he can win games. mcdaniels has proven he can coach a good offense. Well we had that with shanny sorry if cutlers resume is just a little more proven than MCD.....

Comment

• Originally posted by MindField View Post
                            I am starting this thread as a counter argument to Mojo's, because he states alot of things as fact in that thread that simply are not ture.

First of all, no one has adequately explained or even addressed Pat Bowlen in this whole Cutler-trade fiasco. Has anyone else found it strange that he has not even really addressed the entire issue? He certainly has not issued a statement of denial that he knew anything about the attempts to trade Cutler. He was also quoted by Woody Paige in the Denver Post as saying he had been 'miffed' by Cutler's absence at McDaniels press conference after being hired.

For a man that is ultimately going to decide whether or not to sign off on a lengthy and expensive contract extension for Cutler, you have to wonder if he is having second thoughts about doing that, considering the constant immaturity the QB has disaplayed over his time in Denver.

Two years ago, Bowlen expressed his concern over the 'dysfunctional' state of the Broncos franchise, and the result was to fire a Head Coach in Mike Shanahan that no one saw coming, and that was after the dismissal of Ted Sundquist, and the eventual removal of the Goodman's.

Could it be that Bowlen will now turn his attention to the players themselves and ask himslef if the team is not ultimately better off without the distractions, off the field incidents, and petty bickerings that involve his big-name players?

I think that seems more than likely, and I personally do not see Pat Bowlen as willing to extend Brandon Marshall, who I also believe will be playing out his final games in a Bronco uniform in 2009 after he serves whatever suspension Roger Goodell is going to drop on him.

Mojo states that the Broncos would have no leverage in trading Jay Cutler now, but nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, the optimum time to trade Cuitler is probably now. The Minnesota Vikings already investigated the availability of Cutler, and certainly that would raise flags in Chicago and would most likely prompt their involvement in a bidding war. The turth is, it only takes two teams to be interested in Jay Cutler to drive the price up, and you could probably add Detroit to that equation, as last time I checked Minnesota and Chicago were in their Division, and not so coincidentally, they need a QB as well.

Also, did you notice the amount of coin the Broncos handed over to Chris Simms? $6 mil for two years for a one year starter in the NFL?

Considering the Broncos currently have the #12 selection, when paired with the bounty Cutler would bring, the Broncos could easily make a deal for Matthew Stafford, and bring him in to sit behind a veteran QB in Simms that has the demeanor of a mentor.

Now, you can debate whether or not you like Stafford, or think he is going to be a good QB in the NFL or not, the fact remains he is a viable option for the Broncos should they decide to trade Jay Cutler, and they wouldn't even have to start him in 2009. That would also give McDaniels the time to groom Stafford into the QB he wants, as Stafford has all the physical traits you look for in an NFL QB, and in fact is compared most often to Jay Cutler as his most similar NFL model.

When you add to this the fact that Cutler obviously did not endear himself to McDaniels after he was hired, and has not shown he has any desire to do so now, the time to move Jay Cutler may in fact be now.

The Broncos are already making dramatic changes to their team now, and to delay the inevitable, if that is how they view Jay Cutler's departure from Denver, making this move a year from now would not make much sense.

The alternative is for Bowlen to fire McDaniels...but again, Bowlen has not stated he was not aware of the attempt to move Cutler, so it was not a move he could consider as insubordination, so there really are no grounds to base his firing on.

The Broncos aren't talking these days, so all of this surrounding Jay Cutler is speculation. The truth is, it is un-nerving to Bronco fans to have their franchise QB on the outs with the new Head Coach, but if Shannon Sharpe believes Cutler is all but done in Denver, to say that it is not going to happen is just wishing at this point, because there is no concrete reason why Jay Cutler still could not very well be traded before next season.
                            I concur... My only issue is: I just don't see us getting Stafford. He's blowing people away right now and his stock is rising... I just don't see him slipping to 12... AND, I would imagine... a guy like Sanchez is more up McDaniels alley... Less risk, safer bet... Another USC guy (like Cassell)... Seems to fit his system more... As you described yourself... alot of Cutler in Stafford. McD has Cutler... wants Cassell.

SO... if we did draft a QB... I think Sanchez would be the more likely option.

Comment

• Good post mind.. i respect your points and i agree with most of them.. I'm just hoping for the best for us and we work it out with jay and josh. i think if we can somehow focus all this energy with the rumors and media into motiavation on the field then we should have a good year... However i got this feeling that this is gonna turn out bad...

:go:

Comment

• nice counter argument but i like mojos better simply because i rather we keep Cutler and Marshall for a very lonng time
                                Proud Member of: Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #35

Comment

Working...
                                X