McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Once again, ladies and gentlemen, a post full of rhetoric, half-truths, and assumptions.

Coming from a Cutler apologist.... wow. That's almost as worse as being a TO apologist.

Nah, they're the same,

Comment

• Huh?

Originally posted by CanadianBroncoFan View Post
      Has anyone really thought that either 1) Jay just wants to cool down and regain his focus before OTA. or 2) Jay and Mcdaniels have gotten over it, and decided its not that big a deal so there is no desperate need to sit down?

Everyone is reading way to far into this whole situation right now. Until monday comes and goes without cutler showing up, i wont hit the panic button.
      I don't know what exactly Josh has to get over? It's his focus on how the team should be built. I just saw Mark Schleterth & Trent Green on NFL Live rip Cutler a new one for his behavior. Shlereth said the meeting should go something like... JM saying "I do what's best for the team, and if it means trading you that's what I'll do." End of meeting! Later it was asked What gives Cutler his sense of entitlement to act this way? Then stated his less that steller record. Ended with the comment that there are only 2 NFL QB's that have the cache to act so entitled... P Manning & T Brady

Comment

• Wasn't this the guy who thought Ryan Leaf would be a better NFL quarterback than Peyton Manning?

Comment

• I think Bowlen’s role has become obvious. He has turned complete control over to Josh McDaniels. For a guy that claimed to be in control, at his desk everyday making decisions, Bowlen has been largely invisible. He hired McDaniels and disappeared. He reappeared when McDaniels wanted Xanders to replace Goodman. He’s disappeared again.

I think Josh has complete authority to trade Cutler if he wants – and to run the football organization entirely as he sees fit. Xanders is a figurehead. He has no more (maybe less) power than anyone that worked with Shanahan. Bowlen will allow Josh to pretty much do what he wants but if he doesn’t win and win soon, he’ll be fired. Bowlen doesn’t have much patience for mediocrity.

Ultimately, this is probably a dangerous role for Bowlen to take. Finding the next Josh McDaniels – a young, up and comer potential HC – is a lot easier than finding the next Jay Cutler. If Cutler is traded and McDaniels isn’t able to replace him immediately, Josh will likely fail and be fired. Bowlen’s dilemma then will be that he will have no HC and no franchise QB. At some point, Bowlen may have to make the hard decision about which to keep. At that time, he'll actually have to emerge and run his organization.

It will also be interesting to see how all the related factors play into all of this. Let’s assume that Cutler isn't as good this year, that the Broncos end up with 9 wins or less and no playoffs, and Cassel is a failure in KC. How will Bowlen look at that? You take a Pro Bowl QB and make him worse. You don’t improve the win/loss and the guy you wanted to trade your QB for is a failure. If you are Bowlen, what do you do?

Comment

• Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
            6 million for 2 years is nothing for a good backup QB like Chris Simms.
            true

i think volek even made that much and simms is better
            sigpic

Comment

• it seems like they're currently working on a trade

it doesn't sound like that hc qb relationship can be fixed
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                it seems like they're currently working on a trade

it doesn't sound like that hc qb relationship can be fixed
                When in doubt, just make up your own story, huh Davey? Is your real name Chris Mortenson?
                In Manning I trust.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                  Even with Cutler, he runs that risk. What if Cutler can't run the new offense? What if the Broncos go 4-12? What if the defense gets worse? All these things would be blamed on McDaniels.
                  Exactly, No one would back McDaniels. No one would believe in him. Now at least if (I'd say its a BIG if) Cutler stinks it up. We still have a couch players can believe in.

But if you think McD was increasing his odds with Cassel, You are freken crazy IMHO.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• Originally posted by neutessa View Post
                    I think Bowlen’s role has become obvious. He has turned complete control over to Josh McDaniels. For a guy that claimed to be in control, at his desk everyday making decisions, Bowlen has been largely invisible. He hired McDaniels and disappeared. He reappeared when McDaniels wanted Xanders to replace Goodman. He’s disappeared again.

I think Josh has complete authority to trade Cutler if he wants – and to run the football organization entirely as he sees fit. Xanders is a figurehead. He has no more (maybe less) power than anyone that worked with Shanahan. Bowlen will allow Josh to pretty much do what he wants but if he doesn’t win and win soon, he’ll be fired. Bowlen doesn’t have much patience for mediocrity.
                    It does seem like Bowlen has turned control over to McDaniels. I don't know if that's the case. At the very least it looks like Bowlen is favoring McDaniels a bit more than anyone else. I find it hard to believe that Xanders was high on the idea of trading Cutler. Xanders would almost certainly think more highly of Cutler than Cassel. I think it's possible he got out voted by the boss and the coach and was forced to try to make a deal he didn't want to do.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl
                    Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                      Once again, ladies and gentlemen, a post full of rhetoric, half-truths, and assumptions.

Or maybe, where there is smoke, there's fire.

Alot of it is more true than you want to believe, so you just dismiss it.

Bury your head in the sand if you like...

Comment

• Sims is an accurate pocket passer that is smart and capable of making the controlled throws. Remind you of anyone else.....cough cough cassle.

Sims never had a big arm, and lacks huge play possibility, but could very well be a "system" type guy, it is his signing alone that makes me wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                          It does seem like Bowlen has turned control over to McDaniels. I don't know if that's the case. At the very least it looks like Bowlen is favoring McDaniels a bit more than anyone else. I find it hard to believe that Xanders was high on the idea of trading Cutler. Xanders would almost certainly think more highly of Cutler than Cassel. I think it's possible he got out voted by the boss and the coach and was forced to try to make a deal he didn't want to do.
                          I tend to agree ... although it is tough to know with Xanders since he has never really been much involved with personnel so far in his career.

Xanders is just a figurehead, imo. The Broncos released a statement by Xanders about not trading Cutler but I tend to think that was to try and deflect some of the spotlight away from McDaniels.

Who knows what Xanders is even doing? Must be in Bowlen's office making all these 'decisions' ...

Comment

• Sick of the drama!

Well, I am tired of all of the drama.

The whole thing about this not happening to the elite qb's of the league routine doesn't fly with me. Don't get me wrong, I am still excited about the potential of Jay being our quarterback, but......

His ego can't be bigger than the city and it's fans. If he isn't really willing to sit down and work things out (assuming he's not), then he's a little too egocentric for my taste.

Donovan McNabb has been floated in trade rumors for years. I have never heard of him demanding a trade or saying he wouldn't forgive the franchise. Donovan has always been a professional. He's always been willing to suck it up and play for his team and the fans, even though the Philly fans can be the most brutal in the business.

I'm sure Donovan has a few good years left in him (insert mild suggestion).
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by MindField View Post
                              Or maybe, where there is smoke, there's fire.

Alot of it is more true than you want to believe, so you just dismiss it.

Bury your head in the sand if you like...
                              What truth? What smoke? What fire?

You know about as much as I do regarding the situation which is

NOTHING.
                              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Kiper ESPN Insider article on Cutler from 3.10

Hey,

I am not an Insider but was curious if anyone might be able to post the article. It is currently one of the headlines on ESPN's front page.

I am assuming I am going to hate it.

Thanks in advance and I apologize if it is already posted- looked through the first few pages and didn't see anything. Mods please kill the thread if I missed it.

:cutler:
                                Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

Working...
                                X