Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sigh the title of your thread was so misleading, I hope someone does post it now.
    Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

    Comment


    • Anyone have the new article from ESPN? Just curious...I don't
      Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

      Comment


      • As long as they start winning football games all will be well.
        Rivers getting smacked by Haynesworth

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Cugel View Post
          Now that's gone. As Cutler's agent said "If they trade him to Detroit, then who's their QB?"
          Here's thing I see with Cassel out of the picture, any quarterback he puts into his system is going to have a learning curve. Does McDaniel want to do that with a rookie quarterback, Chris Simms, some other veteran or Cutler who is immensely talented and capable of learning a capable of learning a complicated offensive system relatively quickly.

          By the way even McDaniels had brought in Cassel, if the defense didn't improve would he have been capable to shoulder the load that Cutler did? Maybe he would have but personally I don't think he could have.
          John 11: 25-27

          My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



          Thanks Snk16

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
            it seems like they're currently working on a trade

            it doesn't sound like that hc qb relationship can be fixed
            Yet more pot stirring. I'm going to just start recording the names of the major pot stirrers and then simply refuse to respond to any of your further posts. When something happens, it'll happen. My god, it was just one day and who the hell knows if the meeting happened or not, or when it was planned to happen. Hell, maybe there was no plan, just Josh telling Jay "Hey, we need to sit down and chat sometime this week, just let me know when you are in Denver and have a few hours." I mean, seriously, do my fellow Broncos fans have nothing better to do than sit and speculate exactly when a meeting will happen and exactly what every little muttering by every sports analyst on the face of this place means when it comes to the whole situation?
            Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

            Comment


            • Kiper: Cassel > Cutler

              Cutler's complaining came about because the Denver Broncos tried to trade Cutler in a three-team deal that would have brought over Matt Cassel from New England. But when the trade fell through, Cutler started to complain.

              2008: Best of Jay Cutler

              NFL.com Video

              Highlights of some of Jay Cutler's best moments in 2008.
              Kiper says Cassel would have been an "upgrade" over Cutler and that Cutler is, to put it mildly, overrated.

              "[Cutler] throws one pass, he's a Hall of Famer," Kiper says. "I've seen the media put him in the Hall of Fame. I had to run to the bathroom quick. It was making me ill. I've been hearing this overhype.

              "This guy was overhyped at the combine, he was overhyped at Senior Bowl week, he's been overhyped before he was drafted. The media, they love Jay Cutler. Jay Cutler can do no wrong. I've been saying he's overrated since day one. Everyone's been pounding their chests saying, 'Oh, I love Jay Cutler, I'm a genius.' They have egg on their face now."

              Kiper points out that Cutler has yet to lead the Broncos to a winning record or a playoff appearance. Also, Kiper says, "[Cutler] makes throws that leave you scratching your head, which I said on draft day when he was picked. Yeah, he's got a strong arm, but my daughter knew he had a strong arm. She could've written that report."

              ESPN First Draft: 3/10

              Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay tell Ryen Russillo all about players with buzz and those without it. Plus, the Scouts Inc. crew has a couple of mid-round steals for you to consider.

              More Podcasts »
              Kiper compares Cutler to Jeff George. "Jeff George had a great arm, and Jeff George had a lot of great games in this league, and people were putting Jeff George in the HOF early in his career," Kiper says. "So I'm just telling you, this is ridiculous."

              Also, Cutler once said he had a better arm than John Elway. Not surprisingly, Kiper isn't a big fan of that comment, either. "So what? Who cares? Why would you make a comparison to John Elway? That could be taken like you're in a position to critique the quarterback that is a legend."
              sig pic removed by mod staff.
              we do not allow site advertising.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by tsiguy96 View Post
                Kiper: Cassel > Cutler

                Cutler's complaining came about because the Denver Broncos tried to trade Cutler in a three-team deal that would have brought over Matt Cassel from New England. But when the trade fell through, Cutler started to complain.

                2008: Best of Jay Cutler

                NFL.com Video

                Highlights of some of Jay Cutler's best moments in 2008.
                Kiper says Cassel would have been an "upgrade" over Cutler and that Cutler is, to put it mildly, overrated.

                "[Cutler] throws one pass, he's a Hall of Famer," Kiper says. "I've seen the media put him in the Hall of Fame. I had to run to the bathroom quick. It was making me ill. I've been hearing this overhype.

                "This guy was overhyped at the combine, he was overhyped at Senior Bowl week, he's been overhyped before he was drafted. The media, they love Jay Cutler. Jay Cutler can do no wrong. I've been saying he's overrated since day one. Everyone's been pounding their chests saying, 'Oh, I love Jay Cutler, I'm a genius.' They have egg on their face now."

                Kiper points out that Cutler has yet to lead the Broncos to a winning record or a playoff appearance. Also, Kiper says, "[Cutler] makes throws that leave you scratching your head, which I said on draft day when he was picked. Yeah, he's got a strong arm, but my daughter knew he had a strong arm. She could've written that report."

                ESPN First Draft: 3/10

                Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay tell Ryen Russillo all about players with buzz and those without it. Plus, the Scouts Inc. crew has a couple of mid-round steals for you to consider.

                More Podcasts »
                Kiper compares Cutler to Jeff George. "Jeff George had a great arm, and Jeff George had a lot of great games in this league, and people were putting Jeff George in the HOF early in his career," Kiper says. "So I'm just telling you, this is ridiculous."

                Also, Cutler once said he had a better arm than John Elway. Not surprisingly, Kiper isn't a big fan of that comment, either. "So what? Who cares? Why would you make a comparison to John Elway? That could be taken like you're in a position to critique the quarterback that is a legend."
                Lmfao.

                Somebody still has their panties in a bunch about picking Leinart and Young over Cutler....

                Comment


                • I agree with what Kiper is saying. Cutler is way overhyped, and in a lot of ways he is overrated. He definatly has no place to compare himself to a legand. I think that up to this point the Jeff George comparrison is a very fair one.
                  Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

                  Comment


                  • they're both highly overrated qbs

                    cassell for more than likely being a guy who , like many ex patriots, will fail outside of NE

                    and cutler for being a guy who can't lead his team to above .500 since HS
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                      I agree with what Kiper is saying. Cutler is way overhyped, and in a lot of ways he is overrated. He definatly has no place to compare himself to a legand. I think that up to this point the Jeff George comparrison is a very fair one.
                      Way over-hyped, I agree, but if he were ever overrated that is no longer true, imo, he's taking a beating for doing nothing more than answering a questions honestly/candidly.

                      He compared himself to Elway because he was asked to compare arm strength, which is fine with me because, even though he's dead wrong, I like the fact that he doesn't cower from Elway's shadow.......

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                        they're both highly overrated qbs

                        cassell for more than likely being a guy who , like many ex patriots, will fail outside of NE

                        and cutler for being a guy who can't lead his team to above .500 since HS
                        Your comments would have a lot more credibility if you weren't worshipping an over-rated game-manager who is running into the ground the most talented roster in the league.

                        Punk-mouth phyllis is the definition of over-rated.

                        As to the OP, it's well known that one of Kiper's most recent goof-ups is his take on Cutler (he didn't think Cutler was as good as Leinart or Young), who was also one of Mayock's best recent picks.

                        Kiper is also said to be a huge admirer of Elway and didn't react too well to Cutler's confidence in his arm being stronger than Elway's.

                        In that context, Kiper's ranting isn't all that surprising.
                        Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by tsiguy96 View Post
                          Kiper: Cassel > Cutler

                          Cutler's complaining came about because the Denver Broncos tried to trade Cutler in a three-team deal that would have brought over Matt Cassel from New England. But when the trade fell through, Cutler started to complain.

                          2008: Best of Jay Cutler

                          NFL.com Video

                          Highlights of some of Jay Cutler's best moments in 2008.
                          Kiper says Cassel would have been an "upgrade" over Cutler and that Cutler is, to put it mildly, overrated.

                          "[Cutler] throws one pass, he's a Hall of Famer," Kiper says. "I've seen the media put him in the Hall of Fame. I had to run to the bathroom quick. It was making me ill. I've been hearing this overhype.

                          "This guy was overhyped at the combine, he was overhyped at Senior Bowl week, he's been overhyped before he was drafted. The media, they love Jay Cutler. Jay Cutler can do no wrong. I've been saying he's overrated since day one. Everyone's been pounding their chests saying, 'Oh, I love Jay Cutler, I'm a genius.' They have egg on their face now."

                          Kiper points out that Cutler has yet to lead the Broncos to a winning record or a playoff appearance. Also, Kiper says, "[Cutler] makes throws that leave you scratching your head, which I said on draft day when he was picked. Yeah, he's got a strong arm, but my daughter knew he had a strong arm. She could've written that report."

                          ESPN First Draft: 3/10

                          Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay tell Ryen Russillo all about players with buzz and those without it. Plus, the Scouts Inc. crew has a couple of mid-round steals for you to consider.

                          More Podcasts »
                          Kiper compares Cutler to Jeff George. "Jeff George had a great arm, and Jeff George had a lot of great games in this league, and people were putting Jeff George in the HOF early in his career," Kiper says. "So I'm just telling you, this is ridiculous."

                          Also, Cutler once said he had a better arm than John Elway. Not surprisingly, Kiper isn't a big fan of that comment, either. "So what? Who cares? Why would you make a comparison to John Elway? That could be taken like you're in a position to critique the quarterback that is a legend."
                          Thanks for posting - he is an idiot!
                          Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

                          Comment


                          • Kiper is a total moron, and, IMO, has lost all credibility over the past few years.

                            Gee, Mel, if Cutler's so bad, then why is he starting in the NFL (and has a 4500 yard season on his resume, btw) while the two glory-boys you hyped up so much in the same draft are both riding the pine? You talked up Young and Leinart so much in that draft, and ignored Cutler; now Jay's the only one to be starting and having any success in the NFL--and you're saying he's overrated and has been since the draft? Then what does that say for you, O great draft guru, if he';s starting and the two guys you liked better can't even get on the field?

                            Idiot.

                            Mel Kiper, Jr. is the true "Mr. Irrelevant" in any given draft.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                              Your comments would have a lot more credibility if you weren't worshipping an over-rated game-manager who is running into the ground the most talented roster in the league.

                              Punk-mouth phyllis is the definition of over-rated.

                              As to the OP, it's well known that one of Kiper's most recent goof-ups is his take on Cutler (he didn't think Cutler was as good as Leinart or Young), who was also one of Mayock's best recent picks.

                              Kiper is also said to be a huge admirer of Elway and didn't react too well to Cutler's confidence in his arm being stronger than Elway's.

                              In that context, Kiper's ranting isn't all that surprising.
                              hey my guy's never missed the playoffs anywhere, you're guy has never made it there..... since HS

                              the facts speak for themselves in this case

                              change the facts and you'll have some semblance of an arguement

                              till then cutler's an overrated white michael vick, but unlike vick, he can't even get to the playoffs
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by tsiguy96 View Post

                                More Podcasts »
                                Kiper compares Cutler to Jeff George. "Jeff George had a great arm, and Jeff George had a lot of great games in this league, and people were putting Jeff George in the HOF early in his career," Kiper says. "So I'm just telling you, this is ridiculous."
                                http://www.pro-football-reference.co...G/GeorJe00.htm

                                Jeff George started 49 games over his first 4 seasons in the league. He had 41 TDs and 46 ints in those first 4 seasons combined. He also had a high QB rating of 76.3 during those 4 seasons. How exactly is that like Cutler?

                                When a guy comes out and throws for 4,500 yards and 25 tds in his 2nd full year as a starter and his only healthy year in the league that's a good sign that he might be pretty good. He's not a Hall of Famer after one season ofcourse, but he is one of the top 10 QBs in the NFL.
                                2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X