McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MileHighInNY View Post
    Kiper is a total moron, and, IMO, has lost all credibility over the past few years.

Gee, Mel, if Cutler's so bad, then why is he starting in the NFL (and has a 4500 yard season on his resume, btw) while the two glory-boys you hyped up so much in the same draft are both riding the pine? You talked up Young and Leinart so much in that draft, and ignored Cutler; now Jay's the only one to be starting and having any success in the NFL--and you're saying he's overrated and has been since the draft? Then what does that say for you, O great draft guru, if he';s starting and the two guys you liked better can't even get on the field?

Not only can they not get on the field, theyve been replaced by guys that everyone thought their careers were done four years ago. Mel is way off here
    sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

• Originally posted by MasterTick View Post
      As long as they start winning football games all will be well.
      I gotta stop you right here Hoss. It doesnt work out, no team can be succesfull if they do not agree in the locker room or off field, it just doesnt work that way. Look at Carson Palmer and Ocho Cinco.... great qb.. awesome WR. However they just do not have the chemistry.

McNabb and Romo were the same way with T.O....

You cannot be sucessful without Chemistry. If JC and McD dont ever get on the same page... we have a long road ahead of us before we can be a championship team

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutler = SB View Post
        I gotta stop you right here Hoss. It doesnt work out, no team can be succesfull if they do not agree in the locker room or off field, it just doesnt work that way. Look at Carson Palmer and Ocho Cinco.... great qb.. awesome WR. However they just do not have the chemistry.

McNabb and Romo were the same way with T.O....

You cannot be sucessful without Chemistry. If JC and McD dont ever get on the same page... we have a long road ahead of us before we can be a championship team
        But you mentioned conflicts between QBs and WRs. Hopefully it will be different with McDaniels and Cutler.
        Rivers getting smacked by Haynesworth

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
          hey my guy's never missed the playoffs anywhere, you're guy has never made it there..... since HS

the facts speak for themselves in this case

change the facts and you'll have some semblance of an arguement

till then cutler's an overrated white michael vick, but unlike vick, he can't even get to the playoffs
          Your "facts" would have relevance if they were both tennis players.

Since they aren't, Phyllis is just a poor man's Trent Dilfer, but unlike Dilfer he can't even get to the SB with the most talented roster in the NFL, let alone win it.
          Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• Mojo I agree... and it scares me seriously.

Cutler holds all the cards no matter what people think. The 'trades' that the 'we hate cutler because he tells it like it is' brigade want will only go down on the way Cutler Acts.

The worst he acts the lower the value the Broncos Can get for him. All GM's that are willing to Trade for Cutler know this and will eventually start offering less but more for him... They just have to wait and then give the lowest amount to the Broncos because by that time As Cutler is making a stink it will force the Broncos to go with the lowest but best bid at the end.

Lions instead of their 2 1st round picks will end up offering 3 3rd rounders instead over 3 years. The List can go on but I'm just making a point.

The best teams that are the 'best' option for Cutler would be the Vikes, Bears and TB. All 3 want Cutler, all 3 also have something Denver doesnt have that would have helped Cutler in '08, a Good Defense, a Good Running game and a Good Special Teams. The 3 GM's in those teams know that bringing in Cutler will all but Guarantee them their Division and possibly a long run in Playoffs.

They could try to move him to DET with a Franchise Tag but, would be a risk as Cutler could just weasle out and move to a 'team he wants'.

But from Cutler's mouth He wants to be a Bronco for the rest of his Career

The bigger question should be on McDaniles... Why on earth do you Trade a QB who had a Pro Bowl Year, is 3 years into the NFL, Younger then Cassel, and is better talented then Cassel. Its due to two options. 1) McD knows he comes from a Tree that has born Barren Fruit, he sees himself as a Coach who has to show HE CAN WIN NOW, or he'll be gone. 2) He refuses to amend his coaching style to Fit his new Team Offensively.

I'll also say this... If Cutler goes it will Be the Packer&Jets part Duex.

You all know how that fared right? Packers finished horribly going from a 13-3 team that sniffed the doorstep of the SB to a 3rd place team just by trading away Their Aging Franchise QB. Where as the Jets got close to winning their division against the Pats and Dolphins only to get snuffed out at the end because Mangini didnt balance the playbook and allowed Farve to play risk taker. Still the Jets WR's benefited as their stocks went up but if they had better WR there is still a notion that maybe the Jets would have won.

McDaniles has more to prove then Cutler right now. McD as much as people dont want to admit has to face the facts that the 'Patriot's Way' does not work outside of Foxburrow. That has been the Major Downfall for all the Coaches that branched out of the Belichek Tree. McD did not 'build' the Offense that the Pats fielded it was Billicek. McD was also a 1 YEAR OC for the Pats, he had minor roles beforehand in the Org.

Coaches like McD are a dime a Dozen... as someone said its easier to find Coaches like McD then it is to find Gem Players like Cutler.

Take it as you want but if Bowlen Ok'd the Trade then either he's gullible to think Cassel could do the same things Cutler could do... Since Cassel is no longer an option for McD. McD and Cutler both must work together.

For McD all his 'success' and ability to get another shot for next year Rides on Cutler. I think this more so fueled the push for Cassel because Cutler had a Pro Bowl Year in '08, if McD cant reproduce that for '09 he knows he's gone, so whats a better way then to get 'your guy' that's nothing more then a Glorified Backup QB that just plays the system instead of improving it. Cassel has less experience, well less of everything, but benefited from playing with the Number 1 Offense last year. More so his numbers are good because 1 he had a Good Defense, a Good Special Teams and he had all the weapons that Brady had at his disposal last year, despite a aging O-line.

Something knocks on me that if Brady didnt go down I doubt McD would be our HC and if he was I doubt he would want to trade Cutler.
            McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

• I don't know how you people feel about this... but I'm starting to get tired of it: There are two men, Cutler and McD... sit down, talk and then tell the fans what are the facts!!!

I'm really tired of what's going on... obviously both of them are some kind of Divas or whatever, otherwise I can't understand why they don't sit down and dicsuss everything.
              I mean, if I was Cutler, I would think: "I need to talk to the coach and discuss all those things that happened"
              And if I was McD, I would think: "Well, I better talk to my QB and make things clear"

I don't know... neither Cutler nor McD act like adult men right now but like stupid little kids.
              sigpic

BRING BACK ORANGE!!

Comment

• I'm not even sure why I'm replying to this piece of garbage but this is laughable.

1 - Who put Cutler in the HOF? Media love him? Wheres all this coming from?

2 - Cutler was asked by the Denver Post if his arm strength compares to Elways, that was all and he answered honestly which it does.

I find it soooooo funny that some ppl STILL believe that a QB is the whole team. He made some mistakes, but he's only in his 2nd full year as a starter, but carries us in alot of games. He done really well and it got recognised when he went to the Pro Bowl over Cassell, Rivers, etc...............

Any other team with the worst D in the league and RB's going down every week would never of touched .500. Cutler was the main reason we did.

Oh, and JCDavey, Cutler and Rivers are both good young QB's, why is that so hard for some SD and Denver fans to admit but if you're going to call out cutler then think about this.

1 - Denver fans will admit that your D is alot better then ours and obviously you have LT and Sproles on the team. For Rivers to 'lead' that team to the same 8-8 that we did was a disgrace. Blame Rivers or Norv but if I had that talent and was 8-8 I would be furious at someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealMoose View Post
                  When in doubt, just make up your own story, huh Davey? Is your real name Chris Mortenson?
                  whoa you're a little overreactionary there, i said it seems like it, because of all this stalling

you think it's normal, this stalling?

i have no proof they're working on a deal, i simply said it seems like it, i personally want jay to stay with you guys, what have you seen thus far vs san diego, that would lead you to think i'd want denver to trade cutler?
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                    Your "facts" would have relevance if they were both tennis players.

Since they aren't, Phyllis is just a poor man's Trent Dilfer, but unlike Dilfer he can't even get to the SB with the most talented roster in the NFL, let alone win it.
                    at least he can get to the playoffs

many a fan have perished in the pursuit of a rocket arm rather than intelligence,
                    you guys will more than likely just be the next crop to wither.

jeff george's arm is still stronger than rivers'
                    sigpic

Comment

many a fan have perished in the pursuit of a rocket arm rather than intelligence,

John Elway never won with Stanford...0 BOWL GAMES...
                      sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

they're both highly overrated qbs

cassell for more than likely being a guy who , like many ex patriots, will fail outside of NE

and cutler for being a guy who can't lead his team to above .500 since HS
                        Actually 8-8 is .500.... He'll get there...

Comment

• Here is the stats for the first 3 years of George's and Cutler's careers. You make whatever you want out of them but it looks to me that one is significantly better than the other.

Jay Cutler Jeff George

passing yards 9,024 7,025

Completion % 62.5 56.3

passing TDs 54 33

Interceptions 37 40

IMO Kiper is just justifying his low ranking of Jay three years ago. People paid what he is making are not expected to be that far off on that important of a position.

Comment

• Originally posted by CodyRoark View Post
                            Actually 8-8 is .500.... He'll get there...
                            we'll see.......

he'll get respect from me when he actually does it

because i mostly deal in facts

mostly
                            sigpic

Comment

• Text from CBS4 I just got...

CBS4: Jay Cutler and the Broncos have finally spoken and issues remain.
                              Details on cbs4denver.com
                              "Town Hall Meeting"
                              (Marsh16/Aurora)
                              cbs4denver.com/townhall

Comment

Just because phyllis is less talented physically than Cutler doesn't mean he is smarter. Cutler ran Shanahan's offense (widely acknowledged as one of the most complex) better than Phyllis ran a screen/play-action/handoff-to-LT/Sproles/Turner offense. Cutler not only has a stronger arm than phyllis, he's also smarter with better intangibles.

As far as the hopes of Denver Broncos fans are concerned, how about you guys win a championship before straining your communal grey cell about our pursuits? How about stepping up from being the least relevant franchise in your own state, for a start?

We have had a championship QB and know what one looks like (who makes a mockery of your obsession with college stats btw). Win the big one and then you can sit at the big boys table.
                                Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X