McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by d-bronx42 View Post
    Trade him to the pathetic Detroit Lions for the 1st overall pick and the 33rd pick. Let him see what its like to be on a real franchise in disarray.
    Better yet oakland!! So we can stomp his ass. Twice a year.
    sigpic

Raiders @ Broncos 9-30-12

Comment

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
      McDaniels should have just left the offensive system and the coaches intact. As a new head coach, having one unit that strong is a bonus. Most sensible head coaches would leave it alone and devote their full attention to fixing the defense and special teams. Instead, we are likely to end up with an offense that is worse than last year and a defense that hasn't improved significantly, all becase McDaniels (unlike Mike Tomlin) couldn't get over his ego and leave the offense alone.

Goodman was let go as a result of a power-play by McDaniels. In the latter's introductory press conference, he said Goodman would have final say over player personnel. Now Goodman (who was responsible for the last three drafts) is gone and McDaniels is running the show.
      Well actually we have a GM Xanders who has final say over all personnel. And broncos offense wasnt that great last year bc we were 16th in scoring and thats what matter is putting pts on the board not yards.
      sigpic

Comment

• For the record, none of us know how this conversation went down, or what McD's tone was. For all we know, he was a complete a$$hole to Cutler, and that's what created the response.

The opposite is true too.

All I'm saying is that for now, as hard as it is to do, we need to just try to not care about this and see what happens in the future. I know it's tough, but I for one am gonna try, because caring about these two getting along is, at this point, a lost cause.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
          Remind me again who is the one who knows what it takes to win super bowls?
          The head coach we fired a couple of months ago, who realized how hard it is to win a championship without a franchise QB and pretty much gave up two first-round picks to get us one.
          Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by MNBroncs85 View Post
            Better yet oakland!! So we can stomp his ass. Twice a year.
            It's been a while since we've swept Oakland on a consistent basis.

Comment

McDaniels should have just left the offensive system and the coaches intact. As a new head coach, having one unit that strong is a bonus. Most sensible head coaches would leave it alone and devote their full attention to fixing the defense and special teams. Instead, we are likely to end up with an offense that is worse than last year and a defense that hasn't improved significantly, all becase McDaniels (unlike Mike Tomlin) couldn't get over his ego and leave the offense alone.
              You are clueless, a head coach has every right to bring in the system that he is most comfortable with. Mike Shannahan did a great job with his west coast offense that brought a lot of success but just because it was successful doesn't mean that McDaniels should be forced to continue using it even though he may not know much about it.

Comment

• Can't we just trade Cutler to USC for their Defense and Sanchez why not.... That way he can have his way and be with Bates.
                With these Bronx thru no matter what!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by avsfan987 View Post
                  It doesn't sound like the talk went all that well for Cutler but I think McDaniels handled this perfectly. Trent Dilfer put it perfectly today on NFL Live when he said that McDaniels needs to take this opportunity to set a precedent on how this team is going to be run. It sounds to me that's exactly what he did during this phone call and I hope Cutler gets the message.

I really believe the ball is now all in Cutler's court and he needs to put this thing behind him so we can move on. The only way this situation gets dragged on is if Cutler wants it that way, so I'm asking you Cutler, let's just move on:cutler:
                  Agreed. I believe McD handled this situation as best he could. Hes the coach. He puts the players on the field. He says who plays and who doesnt. The coaches should not have to be in the good graces of the players. It should be the other way around. I applaud McD for laying down the law and showing the no one is untouchable. It shows that he is truly committed to this team and getting us to where we all know we need to be.

But if this continues to drag out with Jay acting this way then it will show the kind of person and player he really is. It will reveal his attitude. And I think Jay has all the physical tools needed to be a top QB but sometimes I question his attitude and mindset.
                  LET 'ER BUCK!!!
                  Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

• As much as I like Jay, it's getting harder and harder to defend him everyday. Be a real man Jay, and show up!

Comment

• I keep hearing this concept: How dare Jay defy the man who signs his checks? Yeah, none of us ever dared blow off our boss in life. Remember, Jay said that Pat and McD were real nice to him around Dove Valley and then underhandedly tried to trade him for a career backup. Because McD felt a role player like Cassel made more sense for his system than Jay Cutler.

I'm sorry but if you can't make a player like Jay Cutler work in your "vaunted" offense then you're not a good coach.

And Pat Bowlen playing nice then trying to ship Jay out of town is the height of arrogance and ******baggery.

Typically I hate Cutler's attitude, but in this case, when he's giving the finger to the Man, well I'm right behind him. Screw you Bowlen. You're a snake. Oh yeah it's a business, I forgot. So therefor we can do stupid things and treat people like trash. It worked for Wall Street right?

McD looks like he's going to be a dud in this league. The good news is that we as true fans of the Broncos will outlast him. He'll be gone sooner rather than later. The bad news is that he'll take Cutler down with him, and we'll be left with a bad couple of years, no franchise QB, and an owner who might be turning into Al Davis V.02

Comment

• If Josh really said that it was absolutely necessary to say.

He's the head coach and he can't let the players hold the franchise hostage. Jay needs to get on board and quit being selfish. He's not bigger than the fan base and the franchise.

I'm fed up with the whole routine, even if he was unfairly dangled.

He should take a lesson from Donovan McNabb about professionalism when being surrounded by trade talks.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Goodman was let go as a result of a power-play by McDaniels. In the latter's introductory press conference, he said Goodman would have final say over player personnel. Now Goodman (who was responsible for the last three drafts) is gone and McDaniels is running the show.
                          Just another fan overrating our offense from last year... I'm sorry but i would much rather put up points more than just yards.

Comment

The head coach we fired a couple of months ago, who realized how hard it is to win a championship without a franchise QB and pretty much gave up two first-round picks to get us one.
                            :brick:::doh:........and we really didnt give up any 1st round picks to get Cutler either.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Adam Shefter Around the Web: Cutler/McDaniels

I just read this

« Oklahoma’s pro day features several standouts
                              Around The Web
                              Cutler, McDaniels make first step towards perestroika

Posted: Around The Web | Adam Rank | Tags: Denver Broncos, Jay Cutler, Josh McDaniels, Matt Cassel, Pat Bowlen

CBS 4 Sports in Denver is reporting that Jay Cutler finally spoke with Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and owner Pat Bowlen on a conference call on Monday for the first time since the quarterback’s name surfaced in trade talks last week.

The trio, however, did not sit down to talk about Dancing with the Stars or spring break vacation plans. Instead, the station reports that McDaniels laid down the law with Cutler, saying that he wasn’t shopping the quarterback, but warning that all players on the roster are open for evaluation. The Broncos were rumored to be interested in former Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel who was eventually traded to division-rival Kansas City.

Cutler has been nursing some bruised feelings in the past week and the station went on to say that he refused to return calls from Bowlen until Monday’s conference call. Cutler is expected to join the team Monday as the club commences voluntary offseason workouts.

-And Now I"m starting to wonder if CBS4 wrongly reported that the meeting went bad.-

By the way Shefter puts this it seems like it was one step to mending the relationship, because it had no mention of it going wrong and Jay not giving in or whatnot.

Comment

• k .

Comment

Working...
                                X