McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CodyRoark View Post
    Well I don't believe anyone at CBS4... They are just as bad as Mort...
    wut wut

Shefter FTW!

holla!

:cutler:
    sigpic

:orton: ITS TIME FOR THE ORTONATER!

Comment

• he only has to attend 90% of off season workouts so it wouldnt cost him anything to miss a little,however for a guy who has trained throughout each offseason before.it would be a slap in the face to the franchise at a time when its not really a welcome idea........
      i hope he shows up just to stop all the media guys from bustin on him
      i'm a BRONCO'S fan !:go:

Comment

• Originally posted by biggymac609 View Post
        No one ever confirmed (at least that i read) he will be there
        a lot of people mentioned he will be making 100 grand just to come to 90% of them, but no one has said anything if he will come or not
        Posted: Around The Web | Adam Rank | Tags: Denver Broncos, Jay Cutler, Josh McDaniels, Matt Cassel, Pat Bowlen

CBS 4 Sports in Denver is reporting that Jay Cutler finally spoke with Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and owner Pat Bowlen on a conference call on Monday for the first time since the quarterback’s name surfaced in trade talks last week.

The trio, however, did not sit down to talk about Dancing with the Stars or spring break vacation plans. Instead, the station reports that McDaniels laid down the law with Cutler, saying that he wasn’t shopping the quarterback, but warning that all players on the roster are open for evaluation. The Broncos were rumored to be interested in former Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel who was eventually traded to division-rival Kansas City.

Cutler has been nursing some bruised feelings in the past week and the station went on to say that he refused to return calls from Bowlen until Monday’s conference call. Cutler is expected to join the team Monday as the club commences voluntary offseason workouts.
        Originally posted by darth-hideous
        Champ losing a step, just means the rest of the NFL is now only two steps behind.
        Adopted by: CanDB & Peanut

Comment

• Originally posted by b marsh = beast View Post
          The trade with the browns just keeps lookin better everyday. send:cutler:
          out of here
          Agreed YAY first post!

Comment

• Originally posted by d-bronx42 View Post
            Just another fan overrating our offense from last year... I'm sorry but i would much rather put up points more than just yards.
            Me too, but, I also would have liked for us not to lose seven backs in a season. The offense worked, until we went down to Tatum Bell, PJ Pope, etc.

Through week 11 were were in the upper echelon of scoring. With Pittman and Hillis running the ball in the red zone, we were unstoppable.
            sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
            SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

• Cutler is also expected to be a man and not hold such a grudge like this, how did that work out?

i dont think that counts as confirming he will be there

of course he is expected to be there, he is part of the team

Comment

• Originally posted by b marsh = beast View Post
                The trade with the browns just keeps lookin better everyday. send:cutler:
                out of here
                The Browns' QBs are HORRID. Anderson was a one year wonder and Brady Quinn won't amount to anything in this league. I'd rather have a pissed off Cutler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                  So we only gave up one 1st round pick, bc we got to use a 1st on Cutler.
                  It's too late in the day for me to do the math

Let's just say we used more than a simple first-round pick to draft Cutler (we moved from our original spots of #22 and #29 all the way up to #11) and leave it at that.
                  Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• I wonder how many of us could just ignore repeated calls from your boss...

That's maturity.
                    sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

• Originally posted by CodyRoark View Post
                      I just read this

« Oklahoma’s pro day features several standouts
                      Around The Web
                      Cutler, McDaniels make first step towards perestroika

Posted: Around The Web | Adam Rank | Tags: Denver Broncos, Jay Cutler, Josh McDaniels, Matt Cassel, Pat Bowlen

CBS 4 Sports in Denver is reporting that Jay Cutler finally spoke with Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and owner Pat Bowlen on a conference call on Monday for the first time since the quarterback’s name surfaced in trade talks last week.

The trio, however, did not sit down to talk about Dancing with the Stars or spring break vacation plans. Instead, the station reports that McDaniels laid down the law with Cutler, saying that he wasn’t shopping the quarterback, but warning that all players on the roster are open for evaluation. The Broncos were rumored to be interested in former Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel who was eventually traded to division-rival Kansas City.

Cutler has been nursing some bruised feelings in the past week and the station went on to say that he refused to return calls from Bowlen until Monday’s conference call. Cutler is expected to join the team Monday as the club commences voluntary offseason workouts.

-And Now I"m starting to wonder if CBS4 wrongly reported that the meeting went bad.-

By the way Shefter puts this it seems like it was one step to mending the relationship, because it had no mention of it going wrong and Jay not giving in or whatnot.
                      That sounds promising.

Boy, you are really on top of the updates today. Great job!
                      Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by draco193 View Post
                        I didnt know Jay;s Mom blogged about how unfairly hes been treated
                        Did McNabb's mom really do that?

Oh well, atleast you can give Donovan the benefit of the doubt. For what it's worth the majority of analysts agree that Donovan hasn't been treated well in Philly.

But Donovan doesn't air his grievances with the franchise to the media. He keeps it in house. Atleast that is my perception.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Cutler is proving himself not to be a winner nor a leader. A player who acts like this is not going to be a champion. I just hope Denver can get something in return for him.

How long until the pro shop stars selling Sims jerseys?

Comment

• Originally posted by I Hate SD Alot View Post
                            I can hardly believe CBS4 anymore. Remember how often Vic Lombardi changed his story last week? I'm not believing anything until next week when the media hpefully gets something straight from Cutler and McDaniels. Until then, I'm not going to invest too much into how CBS4 and soon ESPN want to twist this story. Just aint going to do it, and the other people on the board shouldn't either.

Yeah, pretty soon Adam Schefter will be left as the only credible source in sports.
                            Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
                              Now that last part I don't like one bit...
                              Same... that was incredibly stupid on Jay's part. I still think Josh has continued to handled this like a complete idiot though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gr3yStreet View Post
                                I wonder how many of us could just ignore repeated calls from your boss...

That's maturity.
                                Long enough to find our way to the unemployment office......
                                sigpic
                                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Working...
                                X