McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco's talk with Cutler goes sour

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels was part of a conference call Monday with disgruntled quarterback Jay Cutler.

According to an NFL source, the call left the quarterback believing that if the Broncos find the right deal, he will be traded between now and the NFL draft that begins on April 25.

Cutler was in Nashville when the call was placed. He was accompanied on the call by his agent Bus Cook. Broncos owner Pat Bowlen and general manager Brian Xanders also were part of the call.

Cutler has been irked since learning McDaniels tried to trade him to Tampa Bay nearly two weeks ago in a proposed deal that would have brought New England quarterback Matt Cassel.

McDaniels said he merely received calls on Cutler from other teams and
    Denver Broncos

announced through a team spokesman last week that Cutler would not be traded. Period. And the statement added McDaniels and Cutler would meet this week, after Cutler returns from Nashville.

According to the source, Cutler entered the conference call believing any friction between the two parties would be resolved and the two sides would put the controversy behind them. Instead McDaniels told Cutler no one is untradeable and that the quarterback was expected to report for the team's offseason conditioning program that begins Monday.

According to the source, Cutler has not yet decided whether he will report Monday.

Sry forget link http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11882256

Comment

• Originally posted by nathan16 View Post
      What's up with that? The owner, who pays the Cutler his contract calls not once but twice and you skip his call and don't call back. Hopefully not true. Can you imagine doing that in the real professional world and there not be ramifications?
      If your boss called you off the clock and you didn't answer would he fire you? If so you need a new job.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Mile High Guy View Post
        One small step for the JC/McD relationship...... one GIANT twisted story for Mortensen to rewrite later....

Those two honestly need to be set in a playpen with some blocks for a good few hours until they agree to play nice
        I live my six pack of beers and some burgers to grill as a better suggestion to getting these guys back on the same page. But seriously, if McDaniels does go gung-ho and the team turns on him, don't expect him to have a very long stay in Denver. I would not be shocked if we're hunting for a new coach in a few years if Cutler gets moved and we tank as a result.

By the way, how as a head coach do you expect to smooth things over without being a little tactful. I don't care if it's the star QB or the 53rd guy on the bench, striking fear into people is no way to lead. There was a famous quote by an old General, "If you have to lead by fear, you've already lost your men." I liked Mike's way of leading better already. He was straight up with people, but he defended his players to a fault when he believed in them. Guys straight up loved playing for Shanahan with a few notable exceptions (like that traitor WR Kennison). It remains to be seen if these Broncos will rally behind the new coach.
        Last edited by floridabroncos; 03-10-2009, 08:13 PM.
        Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• What the hell is "perestroika"?.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutler666 View Post
            Wow...Kiper is a hater to the core. He's just pissy because he didnt get on the Cutler bandwagon earlier and was singing the praises of Leinart and Young and they're on the bench.

So very true.

Comment

• who was the source if these were the only people on the phone?

I hope its not true. If McD really is trying to pull the "Top Dog" stuff already, he's simply forcing a fence that doesn't need to be forced.

Comment

• Here we go again....
                sigpic

Comment

• __________________

Comment

• Originally posted by biggymac609 View Post
                    Broncos coach Josh McDaniels was part of a conference call Monday with disgruntled quarterback Jay Cutler.

According to an NFL source, the call left the quarterback believing that if the Broncos find the right deal, he will be traded between now and the NFL draft that begins on April 25.

Cutler was in Nashville when the call was placed. He was accompanied on the call by his agent Bus Cook. Broncos owner Pat Bowlen and general manager Brian Xanders also were part of the call.

Cutler has been irked since learning McDaniels tried to trade him to Tampa Bay nearly two weeks ago in a proposed deal that would have brought New England quarterback Matt Cassel.

McDaniels said he merely received calls on Cutler from other teams and
                    Denver Broncos

announced through a team spokesman last week that Cutler would not be traded. Period. And the statement added McDaniels and Cutler would meet this week, after Cutler returns from Nashville.

According to the source, Cutler entered the conference call believing any friction between the two parties would be resolved and the two sides would put the controversy behind them. Instead McDaniels told Cutler no one is untradeable and that the quarterback was expected to report for the team's offseason conditioning program that begins Monday.

According to the source, Cutler has not yet decided whether he will report Monday.

Sry forget link http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11882256
                    wow i think the next logical step using this situations logic, is jay and josh will get into an mma fight once they meet each other next time haha
                    sigpic

Comment

• i just figure im over this whatever happens happens its out of my hands theres no point in going on about it.
                      sigpic

Raiders @ Broncos 9-30-12

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                        who was the source if these were the only people on the phone?

I hope its not true. If McD really is trying to pull the "Top Dog" stuff already, he's simply forcing a fence that doesn't need to be forced.
                        Best guess Cutler?

It clearly wouldn't be McDaniels. Doesn't fit his M.O.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Did we really need like a 10th thread about this in 30 minutes? Really?
                          Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                            Did we really need like a 10th thread about this in 30 minutes? Really?
                            In fainress it's a different source/link than the CBS 4 thread and the Schefter thread.
                            sigpic

Comment

• When vic reports the crazys post.....When Shef reports the air is cleared

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                                In fainress it's a different source/link than the CBS 4 thread and the Schefter thread.
                                Ah ok, didn't know that. Still, could've been added to an already existing thread, but hey, thanks for clearing that up for me, didn't realize it was a different source. The article looks almost word for word the same though.

Comment

Working...
                                X