• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CodyRoark View Post
    I just read this

« Oklahoma’s pro day features several standouts
    Around The Web
    Cutler, McDaniels make first step towards perestroika

Posted: Around The Web | Adam Rank | Tags: Denver Broncos, Jay Cutler, Josh McDaniels, Matt Cassel, Pat Bowlen

CBS 4 Sports in Denver is reporting that Jay Cutler finally spoke with Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and owner Pat Bowlen on a conference call on Monday for the first time since the quarterback’s name surfaced in trade talks last week.

The trio, however, did not sit down to talk about Dancing with the Stars or spring break vacation plans. Instead, the station reports that McDaniels laid down the law with Cutler, saying that he wasn’t shopping the quarterback, but warning that all players on the roster are open for evaluation. The Broncos were rumored to be interested in former Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel who was eventually traded to division-rival Kansas City.

Cutler has been nursing some bruised feelings in the past week and the station went on to say that he refused to return calls from Bowlen until Monday’s conference call. Cutler is expected to join the team Monday as the club commences voluntary offseason workouts.

-And Now I"m starting to wonder if CBS4 wrongly reported that the meeting went bad.-

By the way Shefter puts this it seems like it was one step to mending the relationship, because it had no mention of it going wrong and Jay not giving in or whatnot.
    That's the way I see it.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Originally posted by stnzed View Post
      What the hell is "perestroika"?.......
      Perestroika (reconstruction) was an economic plan launched by Gorbatchev to renew the economy of USSR. One of its strategies was to reduce military activities, spend less money on war.
      sigpic

Comment

• Cutler has the Power Not the Broncos

Jay Cutler holds all the cards in this. He didn't talk to Pat Bolwen because he no longer trusts him and wants to get out. His agent knows they will get a great deal for him elsewhere.

Unlike Chad Johnson of the Bengals, the Broncos will have no choice but to trade him as they did Clinton Portis.

When Jay goes so do I. The Broncos have become a Joke. This is an instant replay of the Elway / Colts saga with the Broncos being the Colts.
        Last edited by BurgessRudy; 03-10-2009, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
          who was the source if these were the only people on the phone?

I hope its not true. If McD really is trying to pull the "Top Dog" stuff already, he's simply forcing a fence that doesn't need to be forced.
          Well, Schefter and CBS News 4 are essentially reporting the same thing, albeit in different tone.

Basically Jay was told he's not being dealt but that he's not untradable, and that he's expected to be there on Monday.
          sigpic

Comment

• this is coming from the same source that blew this thing WAY outta proportion originally....y would I trust them??

I know it's the DenverPost, and to be honest that actually really pisses me of that our OWN news place would keep doing this, but I truly don't believe it....there's NO alternatives to Cutler at this point

Comment

• Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
              this is coming from the same source that blew this thing WAY outta proportion originally....y would I trust them??

I know it's the DenverPost, and to be honest that actually really pisses me of that our OWN news place would keep doing this, but I truly don't believe it....there's NO alternatives to Cutler at this point
              Of course there is.

Don't show up. If he doesn't show up he kind of forces the Broncos' hand, doesn't he?
              sigpic

Comment

• hmm ok whatever. Sounds stupid, but do what you want. Go hop on the Raiders bandwagon
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BurgessRudy View Post
                  Jay Cutler holds all the cards in this. He didn't talk to Pat Bolwen because he no longer trusts him and wants to get out. His agent knows they will get a great deal for him elsewhere.

Unlike Chad Johnson of the Bengals, the Broncos will have no choice but to trade him as they did Clinton Portis.

When Jay goes so do I. The Broncos have become a Joke. This is an instant replay of the Elway / Colts saga with the Broncos being the Colts.
                  i guess your more of a jay fan then a bronco fan then, i like jay to but im not about to jump ship if he gets dealt

Comment

What a load of crap.

Comment

• Well... If I remember right...i REALLYYY!!! love the Portis trade...he was just a product of the system...as proved seeing as nobody has even heard his name much until last year...

and Alrighty.....Peace... I do agree...

If we trade Cutler, I'll be HEATED! but idk part of me kinda wants him gone if this is true....IFFFFFFFFFFFF this is all true today, Cutler is so gay, what a lil @@@@@ to be complainin' so much...GROW UP and be thankful you even got a chance to play in the NFL...

that's IFFF this is true, I really don't think we'll let him go tho, and I don't think he's bein' as big a @@@@@ as everyone's makin' it out to be...

Comment

Hey look, I found Pot Stirrer #2.
                        Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• The Broncos have the power to refuse trades so really they have all the power.
                          Rivers getting smacked by Haynesworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Ch1ggs View Post
                            What a load of crap.
                            Nope. I lived in Baltimore and when the Colts became like the Broncos of today and I sided with John Elway. I Always liked the Broncos and became A full time fan because of the Colts. Then I moved away and the Colts left Baltimore. The Denver Franchise is showing the exact same signs as the Colts just before they left in the Middle of the night. Just wait and see.

Comment

Nope. I lived in Baltimore and when the Colts became like the Broncos of today and I sided with John Elway. I Always liked the Broncos and became A full time fan because of the Colts. Then I moved away and the Colts left Baltimore. The Denver Franchise is showing the exact same signs as the Colts just before they left in the Middle of the night. Just wait and see.
                              Uh huh ok man. Thats just dilusional. So youre saying the Broncos are just going to pack up and leave? Right.
                              sigpic

Comment

Do you know what a historical fallacy is?

Comment

Working...
                                X