No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am sick and tired of Cutler, he is such a cry baby, so what they want to trade you, you are a professional, start acting like it, show up and do your job, the last time i checked he was making six figures in salary, while alot of people are out of work, what a selfish drama queen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutty6006 View Post
      Uh huh ok man. Thats just dilusional. So youre saying the Broncos are just going to pack up and leave? Right.
      I doubt it happens, I highly do, but then again, no one ever thought the Colts would leave Baltimore. I hope this never happens, but you can't rule anything out in this economy. That being said, if it did happen, there would be straight up Detroit-style riots in Denver.
      Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by MasterTick View Post
        The Broncos have the power to refuse trades so really they have all the power.
        That may be true, but what happens when Jay doesn't show up for any training camps or holds out. What are they going to do then? Phil Simms will be the Starting quarterback? If Jay holds out, their whole offensive plans fall apart. They are running out of time. People just can't walk in and learn a new system. See Brett Favre.

Comment

• Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
          this is coming from the same source that blew this thing WAY outta proportion originally....y would I trust them??

I know it's the DenverPost, and to be honest that actually really pisses me of that our OWN news place would keep doing this, but I truly don't believe it....there's NO alternatives to Cutler at this point
          I would disagree here. I think Carson Palmer and Donovan Mcnabb could be had if we had a real GM. And since next year is going to be an effort in futility anyway, whats to stop McD from stockpiling picks and letting Simms run the show?

Anyway, the time to trade Jay has passed- mainly due to the fact that our position is severly weekened now.

For me, it all goes back to the one that nobody wants to blame...Pat Bowlen. Scott Pioli was out there to be had as a top tier GM and Pat chose instead to hire a newbie coach, and a newbie GM. However the Cutler/Cassell deal went down, they were either schooled by Pioli, or were way to late to get in the hunt for Cassell.

I like Jay, but if the new coach is confident he can win with a different guy- fine. But if thats your guy how, do you get out-manuevered or show up so late to the table that all parties are already all in? Now we have this mess to deal with.

I guess when you have a tempermental QB and fumbling newbies in the FO this is what you get.

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
            Elaborate on that comment, if you could. Throw down some names....
            My point was just that there's qbs in this league that would wanna start and I think be pretty good.

Brady Quinn
            Jeff Garcia( had two pretty solid last seasons)
            Chris Simms
            Derek Anderson
            Donovan Mcnabb(if he was released)
            Micheal Vick(lol)
            Matt Leinhart
            Vince Young
            Just to name a few I know I'm gonna get crap but you asked me to elaborate on a few
            I'm not saying these guys are better than cutler either.
            sigpic

Raiders @ Broncos 9-30-12

Comment

• Originally posted by A Mile High Guy View Post
              One small step for the JC/McD relationship...... one GIANT twisted story for Mortensen to rewrite later....

Those two honestly need to be set in a playpen with some blocks for a good few hours until they agree to play nice
              That is hilarious! Best post all day.
              All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ohenhen12345 View Post
                I am sick and tired of Cutler, he is such a cry baby, so what they want to trade you, you are a professional, start acting like it, show up and do your job, the last time i checked he was making six figures in salary, while alot of people are out of work, what a selfish drama queen.
                This is all speculation. Until it comes from Schefter that Cutler has started some sort of drama or that any of this is remotely true, I don't believe it. According to Schefter, the talk yesterday was the first step towards healing the wounds. Sounds like progress to me. The rest is just pot stirring, and belongs with the rest of the goulash.

For me, it all goes back to the one that nobody wants to blame...Pat Bowlen. Scott Pioli was out there to be had as a top tier GM and Pat chose instead to hire a newbie coach, and a newbie GM. However the Cutler/Cassell deal went down, they were either schooled by Pioli, or were way to late to get in the hunt for Cassell.
                I wonder how many people wish we had talked Cowher out of retirement now.
                Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• If it's voluntary, why is Cutler expected to be there by the Broncos' FO?
                  sigpic

Comment

• Source: Cutler-Broncos situation 'bad to worse' after conf call (via ESPN)

Source: Cutler, Broncos further apart
                    March 10, 2009
                    After a contentious conference call between quarterback Jay Cutler and the Denver Broncos' brass on Monday, the situation has gone "from bad to worse", according to a source close to the situation.

The call was supposed to be a meeting of the minds between Cutler and the Broncos' brass, in particular new head coach Josh McDaniels. The two got sideways Feb. 28 when word broke that McDaniels, the former New England offensive coordinator who replaced Mike Shanahan after 14 seasons, engaged in discussions about acquiring Matt Cassel from the Patriots in a three-way trade. Cutler had maintained the Broncos initiated the talks. McDaniels publicly said he was approached about a deal.

The conference call was anything but genial and the two sides are now further apart than prior to it, the source said. The source said that the Broncos' tone of the conference call was as if Cutler created the situation by asking for the trade and not the other way around.

The source said McDaniels wouldn't confirm or deny whether the Broncos initiated the trade talks. The Broncos did, though, tell Cutler that every player on the team could be traded and he could be traded at any time. Still, Denver owner Pat Bowlen also stated in the conversation that Cutler will not be traded. The Broncos publicly said Cutler will not be traded last week as the Cutler trade frenzy was in full force.

After the phone call, Cutler, the source said, would rather be traded now if Denver isn't going to commit to him long-term. The source maintains Cutler was totally on board with McDaniels until the trade talks story broke and that trust is Cutler's biggest problem with McDaniels and the organization.

The source said Cutler is still mulling over whether he will show up for the team's offseason conditioning program, which begins Monday.
                    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3968896

Comment

• Originally posted by MasterTick View Post
                      The Broncos have the power to refuse trades so really they have all the power.
                      WRONG! Jay doesnt have to sign a new Contract to the team he gets traded to, and that would be the only way he would be traded

FIRE McHitler!

Comment

• Sounds like the same rehashed garbage from the guy who admitted in an earlier blog post that he uses Mel Kiper as his draft info source. Bill W is a Hack just like Mortenson and Kiper. Until Schefter is reporting it, I don't believe it.

Comment

• Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                          This is all speculation. Until it comes from Schefter that Cutler has started some sort of drama or that any of this is remotely true, I don't believe it. According to Schefter, the talk yesterday was the first step towards healing the wounds. Sounds like progress to me. The rest is just pot stirring, and belongs with the rest of the goulash.

I wonder how many people wish we had talked Cowher out of retirement now.
                          With all due respect, Schefter didn't know about the call until well after the fact, and he didn't mention anything about things 'being healed'. Schefter was the one that reported the meeting was put on hold indefinitely.

He apparently doesn't have the close connections (coughShanahancough) to the Broncos that he once had.
                          sigpic

Comment

• They should fine him, and then trade him to the Detroit lions, where he will knocked around by the opposition, No clady or Harris to protect him.

Comment

• Is there a diaper big enough to put on Cutler? Seriously, this guy needs to go. Actually, he never should have been drafted. He's not a very good QB. He's not even the best QB in the AFC West. He's a jerk and has an ego the size of Invesco Field. Get rid of him Bowlen.

Comment

• Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                                Sounds like the same rehashed garbage from the guy who admitted in an earlier blog post that he uses Mel Kiper as his draft info source. Bill W is a Hack just like Mortenson and Kiper. Until Schefter is reporting it, I don't believe it.
                                As I stated in the other thread, Schefter has dropped the ball royally on this story. He reported just yesterday that no meeting will take place, only to turn around and have to explain that it was a conference call that DID take place yesterday.

Furthermore, Schefter reported essentially the same thing, just in far less detail.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X