McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
    Sounds like the same rehashed garbage from the guy who admitted in an earlier blog post that he uses Mel Kiper as his draft info source. Bill W is a Hack just like Mortenson and Kiper. Until Schefter is reporting it, I don't believe it.
    First of all, Kiper lives and breathes the draft. I'm surprised he's not a GM. Second of all, Schefter is a **** sucker who would sell his first born to get first dibs on a mediocre story.

Comment

• Bye bye, Jay!

Comment

• Interesting

It will be interesting to see how much of this is true and how much of this is ESPN fanning the flames. ESPN has seemed to be wrong a lot lately since they are trying to be the first out with stories. In their rush, they arent checking or verifying sources very well.

As far as unnamed sources go, I wouldnt imagine there were too many people around the call when it happened. So if there is indeed a credible source it would have to be one of the participants or someone very close (I am thinking its the agent Bus Cook)
        Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by askt_randall View Post
          Is there a diaper big enough to put on Cutler? Seriously, this guy needs to go. Actually, he never should have been drafted. He's not a very good QB. He's not even the best QB in the AFC West. He's a jerk and has an ego the size of Invesco Field. Get rid of him Bowlen.
          Boo hoo, he's not exstatic that the team wanted to dump the guy that just carried the team last year. Sorry but they won't trade him, so sorry to disappoint. Perhaps you should become a Raiders fan, that way you won't have to live with disappointment. Their fans already know they'll tank the season, they just won't admit it to themselves.
          Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by neutessa View Post
            This really seems like McDaniels is trying to cover up his blunder – yes blunder – by playing ‘Who is more macho’? He made a mistake and now he is trying to prove that he actually has control of the situation. All the while, Bowlen must start to realize that he now oversees an organization that is quickly becoming one of the more dysfunctional in the NFL.

It was stated earlier – McDaniels has done very little so far to right the ship. The Dawkins signing, I believe, is clouding people’s judgement on the true value of the other players. Other than Dawkins, we are talking a bunch of role players and/or backups from average to below average defenses. These guys do not inspire the thought of a defense turning around.

All that can be said of McDaniels so far is that he has created chaos. Support Cutler, Support McDaniels, Support neither. It really doesn’t matter. All that matters is that this organization is quickly spiraling out of control ...
            don't you realize that's the smart way to do it? get role players through free agency and build the REAL team through the draft! That's exactly what he is doing. Look at the redskins, they always go out a pay all this money to the "top" free agents and look where it gets them. Nowhere!

I like what the COACH is doing and i can't understand why people aren't seeing the big pictures with the Free agents.

Comment

First of all, Kiper lives and breathes the draft. I'm surprised he's not a GM. Second of all, Schefter is a **** sucker who would sell his first born to get first dibs on a mediocre story.
              Yeah and Kiper said that Matt Leinhart was going to be a star in this league. Hell, he probably had Akili Smith and Ki-Jana Carter both at the top of his draft boards the years they came in. Seriously, I doubt you will find anyone on this forum who agrees with you that Kiper is anything but a Hack.
              Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• The question I have is, if all McDaniels wanted to do is tell Cutler they're not trading him but that he's tradable, and that he better show up Monday, why have a conference call at all? That just seems to me to be adding MORE fuel to the fire than what's needed.
                sigpic

Comment

Well... at least you know your own posts are jokes and we dont' have to tell you

Comment

• Originally posted by BurgessRudy View Post
                    That may be true, but what happens when Jay doesn't show up for any training camps or holds out. What are they going to do then? Phil Simms will be the Starting quarterback? If Jay holds out, their whole offensive plans fall apart. They are running out of time. People just can't walk in and learn a new system. See Brett Favre.
                    that would apply to cutler too, who would be learning a new system under mcdaniels

if cutler is traded and you draft a new franchise qb in rd 1, he's going to have to learn the new system the same as jay will
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Ohenhen12345 View Post
                      They should fine him, and then trade him to the Detroit lions, where he will knocked around by the opposition, No clady or Harris to protect him.
                      Actually, it would be against the Collective Bargaining Agreement to fine him even if he didn't show up as it is not mandatory, but he'll be there. But if they did as you said, Cutler would have grounds to sue the Broncos straight up. They won't do that and he will go, because both Bowlen and Jay are stand up people. Josh, I have no clue though.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                        The question I have is, if all McDaniels wanted to do is tell Cutler they're not trading him but that he's tradable, and that he better show up Monday, why have a conference call at all? That just seems to me to be adding MORE fuel to the fire than what's needed.
                        Exactly. I don't see the point of the comment (if it was the comment).. since its irrelevant. Its a pointless, and obvious, statement to make that is purely meant to "puff your chest" and draw the line in the sand.

Comment

• Originally posted by BurgessRudy View Post
                          Jay Cutler holds all the cards in this. He didn't talk to Pat Bolwen because he no longer trusts him and wants to get out. His agent knows they will get a great deal for him elsewhere.

Unlike Chad Johnson of the Bengals, the Broncos will have no choice but to trade him as they did Clinton Portis.

When Jay goes so do I. The Broncos have become a Joke. This is an instant replay of the Elway / Colts saga with the Broncos being the Colts.
                          Don't let the door hit you in the a$$

Comment

• By the reading of the ESPN article, I guess that the situation instead of improving, is getting to nowhere. And I don't know how they'll improve it! Hope they find a way to get this thing done, and start planning for the next season. With Cutler...
                            sigpic

Comment

• I agree that Kiper is an idiot. But to this situation, I really hope things are getting worse, but I have a feeling they are.

Like him or not, Cutler has a strong personality. But I also side with him on the issue. He and the offense were not the problem this past year, it was the defense. For a new coach to come in and try to trade him, he has a right to be mad.

To the people saying we should trade him or get rid of him, do you really think we can get anyone of equal value in return.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                                Exactly. I don't see the point of the comment (if it was the comment).. since its irrelevant. Its a pointless, and obvious, statement to make that is purely meant to "puff your chest" and draw the line in the sand.
                                Well I'm inclined to believe it was stated, mostly because it's been reported by 4 sources now.

Granted, one of those source (Schefter) had a slightly less severe tone and not as much detail.

But it seems to me that the point of the call was to try and put Cutler in his place. Great move. Don't try to reach out to him and figure out what exactly is wrong so it can be fixed or anything logical and productive like that.

I'm just horribly disappointed with how poorly the Broncos have handled this situation.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X