Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nah

as has always been the case:

the way forward is for Cutler to shut the H up and play football.

Ya wanna compare yourself to the stars? Act like one and play like one. Ya wanna be committed to long term? Show them you're a good investment.
    "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

• You guys have to remember that Shefter's sources used to be Shanahan & his people. He has been late and inaccurate regarding this issue. His current sources are probably within the organization... but that's just speculation.

With regards to this particular story, Cutler has been going to Vic Lombardi & Mort which may explain why there are drastic differences in tone between the Shefter story and the CBS/Post story.
      Last edited by acpell671; 03-10-2009, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BurgessRudy View Post
        That may be true, but what happens when Jay doesn't show up for any training camps or holds out. What are they going to do then? Phil Simms will be the Starting quarterback? If Jay holds out, their whole offensive plans fall apart. They are running out of time. People just can't walk in and learn a new system. See Brett Favre.
        You my friend are an idiot. Phil Simms would be that retired qb who is in the warm booth calling games for cbs. Now his son CHRIS Simms would be the backup qb in denver lol Just wow lol
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JrtheFreak View Post
          Cutler's days in Denver are numbered. It's clear that McDaniels doesn't lke him at all...

McDaniels is going to set back this team years.
          Couldn't agree more. He is on track to being a worse Belichick disicple than Charilie Wies.

Comment

• Rudy Rudy Rudy Rudy Rudy Rudy.....love that movie...but you're an idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by neutessa View Post
              Actually, I do realize that and I agree. My posts on this board prove that out. This comment was in response to people claiming that McDaniels has somehow proven that he has started to turn this thing around. So far, all he has done is made a mess for himself.

Replacing existing role players with different ones is not turning this around. McDaniels value is yet to be seen and until he comes through with a solid draft and a good showing on the football field ... he hasn't proven anything.
              disagree. he's definitely upgraded the role players IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                You my friend are an idiot. Phil Simms would be that retired qb who is in the warm booth calling games for cbs. Now his son CHRIS Simms would be the backup qb in denver lol Just wow lol
                You are correct, I grew up Watching Phil Simms Play for the Giants and used the name most familiar to me. That's called a mistake, not an idiot.

Comment

• No respect from the New Coach

I was willing to give the new coach i shoot, but i am done now! I feels like he has no respect for the Broncos team and fans, thinks that he needs to ditch everything and start from scratch, preferebly with all east coasters. Fire everyone regardless of talent, get rid of everything even the parts that worked last season because they don't speak with an eastcoast acscent. It the same old you don't know football, you arn't really a football town or a football fan if you live west of the mississipi! No respect I wish we could trade the new coach Cutler is more important to the future of this team then this idiot!

Comment

• Wait a minute....

"conference call"? What kind of garbage is that?

Comment

• Ha Ha Ha

Originally posted by BurgessRudy View Post
                      You are correct, I grew up Watching Phil Simms Play for the Giants and used the name most familiar to me. That's called a mistake, not an idiot.
                      You expect people to take your opinion seriously (as dumb as it is) and you can't even get facts straight and know the players ... seriously do you even read what you are typing ...

Comment

• Originally posted by troylightfoot View Post
                        disagree. he's definitely upgraded the role players IMO
                        I guess we disagree on that. I don't think the quality of players he has signed is drastically better than the quality he let go. As I stated, aside from Dawkins, everyone of these guys was a role player and/or back-up for defenses that were average or below average. Time will tell, but I don't see much improvement so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                          I honestly think the only viable option is to trade Cutler at this point and be done with it. Bowlen won't fire McDaniels right now, and McDaniels and Cutler just won't co-exist together. Not after all this.

It will hurt this team more to try and force it to work when neither guy is really handling the situation well, and each conversation just apparently makes it worse. I'm on Jay's side on this but I have to think about my team and it's just going to be a soap opera.

Trade Jay now and let him start fresh elsewhere. Let McDaniels bring in whatever loser quarterback he thinks can run his system, and watch as all the Broncos fans - many of the sames ones that are calling Cutler a baby - criticize him for dealing Cutler. That's pretty much where this is going at this point.
                          Or Cutler and McDaniels end up like Elway and Reeves - working together but straining against the yoke. I doubt either one is going to get what they want at this point - at least not before the 2009 season is over.

I don't want to see Cutler traded but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. If it does happen, I don't think anything worse could cripple our chances of seeing another SB in the near future. A feud between coach and QB doesn't help either but is still better than pushing a talented QB out the door.

In the end it's only 2 weeks into this and there's still many weeks to go before TC let alone the start of the regular season. I do have a bad feeling about Cutler's agent in all this. At this point Cutler probably trusts nobody beyond his agent. Does this guy have a reputation as an agent that seems to be in the middle of these kinds of things?

Comment

• Sianarra Then

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. I will always be a Bronco fan and no single player is going to change that.I like Jay and I hope he chooses to stay but if not, then so be it. Life goes on and so do the Broncos.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                              And I've already stated I don't think Cutler's wrong in this.

I'm not a fan of the Broncos front office over the past two months. I don't think they've done much of anything right.

I think Cutler is getting shafted and treated as garbage by this organization and many of the fans, and I just find it hilarious that people can't see how lucky we have it to have a young stud quarterback in only his 4th year.
                              Why do you cling to the fact that Cutler is being shafted? Did he get a pay cut? Did he lose his job? Was he advised that his career in this league is over?

No matter what we know (or don't know in most cases), the real facts are that that the FO runs the team, they can listen to trade offers, or for that matter....initiate them. They can do anything they need to, if they believe that it will make the Broncos a better team. If the team does not succeed, they are let go...therefore they understand the inherent risks of the job and the decisions they make.

And if you don't think that Jay is making this a bigger deal than it is, please go back to the #6 juice you are drinking.....

For my money, if the team wins the SB in the next couple of years, and Jay is not the QB......so be it. Team first, player second.

Comment

• Was it the same source who said that LT was done with the chargers? Gotta love ya sources. I beleive nothing until either MCD or Cutler say something.

Comment

Working...
                                X