No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You'd think the Broncos (primarily Bowlen, Mcdaniels and Cutler) would have realize what a goat-screw this whole thing is and put an end to it one way or the other. Understanding that much of this is probably media generated, or at least over-hyped, it still is a legitimate problem for the Broncs planning a draft and an upcoming season with an essentially new team.
    The media will always be there to stir things up, but it's up to the guys in the organization to stem the scent of blood.

The whole thing just seems dumb. Not sure how you guys think of your new coach, but from an outsider, he doesn't seem to inpsire much confidence right now.

I'd say that Cutler needs to grow the hell up, but it'd be nothing new, and none of you want to listen to that anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by MitzyReme View Post
      jlhawkins9 Love the animation, we need this in poster form for the first home game, we can send them to Pat and Josh and let them know what the fans realy think of the turmoil they have put the team in and the actions of the new head coach
      wish I could take credit for it but I cant. Stole it from another poster.

Comment

• Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
        I said something similar to this and got completely trashed for it. Yes he has talent, but he's not a winner. Any QB that isn't concerned with a W/L just looks bad IMO. When we lose a game and he just shrugs it off....that pisses me off to no end.
        So he acts professional and you guys want to ***** about him. He shows reaction to being traded, you call him a baby. He doesn't yell on the field you guys say he needs to show more leadership.. he does and you guys complain that he shouldn't be yelling on the field.

Basically... the reality is that you guys don't know what you want, and only want to gripe about everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Bolts04 View Post
          You'd think the Broncos (primarily Bowlen, Mcdaniels and Cutler) would have realize what a goat-screw this whole thing is and put an end to it one way or the other. Understanding that much of this is probably media generated, or at least over-hyped, it still is a legitimate problem for the Broncs planning a draft and an upcoming season with an essentially new team.
          The media will always be there to stir things up, but it's up to the guys in the organization to stem the scent of blood.

The whole thing just seems dumb. Not sure how you guys think of your new coach, but from an outsider, he doesn't seem to inpsire much confidence right now.

I'd say that Cutler needs to grow the hell up, but it'd be nothing new, and none of you want to listen to that anyways.
          Which is why nothing should be believed until someone (Cutler or MCD) comes out and says something. But this board fails to realize that, they jump the gun on 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by MasterTick View Post
            Wow, Cuddles is really being a baby.
            No.

It's pretty simple.

McDummy tries to trade Cutler. Fails.

Cutler is upset, lied to what have you.

Bowlen and McDummy sit around, instead of "making it right". Remeb. when Bowlen was flying around the US to find a new HC???

Broncos office saying they won't trade Cutler.

Cutler wants a long term deal.

Broncos won't give it to him.

So I ask, whose really "playing" who?

Comment

• Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
              I said something similar to this and got completely trashed for it. Yes he has talent, but he's not a winner. Any QB that isn't concerned with a W/L just looks bad IMO. When we lose a game and he just shrugs it off....that pisses me off to no end.
              What exactly do you want him to do. How could he act that would be fine for you and then tell me why he should act a certian way to appease you.

I just don't understand what you want Cutler to do after the game is over, their is nothing more that can be done once the game clock hits 0.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• Originally posted by BurgessRudy View Post

When Jay goes so do I.
                lol. If the only reason you're a bronco fan is because of Jay Cutler(17-20), you must be an idiot.
                [SIGPIC]

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                  I honestly think the only viable option is to trade Cutler at this point and be done with it. Bowlen won't fire McDaniels right now, and McDaniels and Cutler just won't co-exist together. Not after all this.

It will hurt this team more to try and force it to work when neither guy is really handling the situation well, and each conversation just apparently makes it worse. I'm on Jay's side on this but I have to think about my team and it's just going to be a soap opera.

Trade Jay now and let him start fresh elsewhere. Let McDaniels bring in whatever loser quarterback he thinks can run his system, and watch as all the Broncos fans - many of the sames ones that are calling Cutler a baby - criticize him for dealing Cutler. That's pretty much where this is going at this point.
                  If the Broncos trade Jay Cutler they will be lucky to win 5 games.

"Starting fresh" means WHAT exactly?

The draft? Assuming you have Detoit's #1 pick (which won't happen) then you draft Mark Stafford and pay him about $25 million and wait 3 years for him to become the QB Jay is now.

Trade? For who exactly? Maybe they can get a guy the quality of Sage Rosenfels!

FA? Same thing. Who will they get? Some aging veteran who bounces around the league? You'd be lucky if you found someone the quality of Kerry Collins who's bounced around the league for 10 years. That is NOT how teams win SBs!

It seems clear if this story is anything like correct that the Bowlen and McDaniels are trying to punt this down the road. I.E. get the season out of the way and deal Jay in the next off-season when they will have more time to find some alternative. Jay meanwhile obviously doesn't want to screw around. He wants to be dealt if he's going to be dealt.

And he wants a long-term commitment if he's going to stay. That doesn't mean a contract extension BTW I don't know where people got that idea.

It simply means a verbal commitment that the Broncos want Jay to play out his contract -- i.e. three more years.

It's like being in a relationship with your girl-friend. Suppose she tells you "I'm not sure how long I'm going to stay with you, but I'm not dumping you right now, because it's not convenient to find someone else at the moment." Would you be satisfied with that? Probably not.

AT this point, I really wish Bowlen would FIRE McDaniels and start over with some other coach. HE's totally screwed this up royally.

And that has NOTHING really to do with Jay.
                  It's just that McDaniels has destroyed the team without even taking the field. If they were going to TRY and trade Jay then they needed to DO it. Now it's all FUBAR!

Jay might not be handling this particularly well, if he originally asked to be traded. IF that part is true, I don't know what he's complaining about.

Step 1: Jay asked to be traded after they got rid of Jeremy Bates.

Step 2: McDaniels seeks to trade Jay for Cassel.

Step 3: Jay finds out and freaks out.

We're missing a step here! Something must have happened where Jay was either told or decided he DIDN'T want to be traded or else the part about Jay asking to be traded isn't true.

Because this totally doesn't add up.

If he wanted to be traded, and then they tried to trade him he should be happy, right? So what would be the complaint?

Answer: Either he never wanted to be traded in the first place or else he changed his mind and then the team still wanted to trade him -- which doesn't make a whole lot of sense either.

But the part "the Broncos felt Jay started this whole thing by asking to be traded" is the part where we need more information.

THINGS are NOT adding up and making sense right now. Something is wrong with this story!

However, this much is clear. If Jay Cutler is traded, the Broncos will be lucky to win 12 games over the next 2 seasons.

If Pat Bowlen thinks fans are going to pay thousands of dollars in this economy to watch the team totally fall apart and become the laughing stock of the league he can kiss my ass!

Good luck selling those empty seats Pat! It's one thing to go to games where you think management is TRYING to do it's best.

Where it's clear that they are deliberately screwing things up because they don't want to admit they screwed up in the first place? I don't have that much spare money lying around that I want to reward stupidity and trying to save face and screwing the franchise into the ground because Josh McDaniels doesn't want to admit he's wrong, and Pat Bowlen sides with him. Screw them both!

This is NOT why we built Pat the new stadium!
                  Last edited by Cugel; 03-10-2009, 08:56 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• When we lose a game and his response is "aw, it's just a game"...or "no biggie"....that's a problem. I've seen better leaders at the position in college (Tebow)...granted he won't be a QB at the next level, he's a leader that shows passion....and Jay shows no passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitnlala View Post
                      And I know you still dont believe me, but it was Schefter that speculated Cutler cancelled the meeting to KOA. Then he said the meeting was never scheduled. Now the meeting did happen, but was on a conference call. Good Lord...his sources must be effing with him, or just unable to pierce the Billicheat like curtain of secrecy at Dove Valley.
                      Cutler never cancelled!!!!!!! Schefter didn't drop the ball because he said he did not have any knowledge of when a meeting was going to take place!! Nobody did! Schefter reports what he knows, and only that! Nobody knew until today that there was a meeting. Schefter simply said that he had no knowledge of a planned meeting. That's it. Quit twisting Schefter's honest words. ESPN is garbage!!!!!!!!! They've twisted CBS4's already unreliable story. Pull your heads out! This is completely uncredible and lacks evidence. It's pure speculation. JEEZ!!!!! QUIT BEING SO F****ING GULLABLE TO THE SPORTS MEDIA THAT JUST WANTS TO MAKE A STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHH!!!!!!!!
                      sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                        He told Jay that he wasn't going to be traded.

He told Jay he was expected to report camp.

He told Jay no one was above being traded.

If this was you sitting in front of your boss do you think you deserve something more? Did Jay expect him to kiss up to him?

I'm perfectly fine with McDaniels having the authority to let Jay know that this franchise isn't going to be the Cowboys of the west.

If Jay can't get over himself and his hurt feelings than this franchise is better off without him.

Right now it appears that the "source" leaking this is one of the players on Jay's side, or Jay's agent, because it's not somebody in the front office.

So far, Jay has been trying to get players to side with him, instead of trying to resolve the problem. Is that a sign of maturity?

At this point he is giving the appearance of someone who is only thinking of his ego.

Best post in this thread. BARNONE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                          So he acts professional and you guys want to ***** about him. He shows reaction to being traded, you call him a baby. He doesn't yell on the field you guys say he needs to show more leadership.. he does and you guys complain that he shouldn't be yelling on the field.

Basically... the reality is that you guys don't know what you want, and only want to gripe about everything.
                          Agree 100%. Jay has done nothing to indicate that he's what a lot of guys here are painting him as, but then again, Broncos fans are brutal towards QBs not named Elway. Personally I'm remaining faithful to my whole team, and last I f-ing checked, Jay Cutler was a member of this team. He deserves respect for the performance he put out last year (oh I dont know, I guess destroying team passing records isn't a good indicator of performance). Yeah so we missed the playoffs, it's NOT JAYS FAULT.

We had the biggest bull**** of a defense I've ever seen and they should have thrown themselves under the bus. Every guy on the defense should have had to apologize to Jay and the rest of the offense for the Benny Hill Show they put on every week. It's funny how before the offseason, fans were behind Jay and blamed (rightly) the defense for our failures. But now everyone wants to blame Jay and anoint Josh McD the savior of the franchise. Be careful what you wish for.

Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
                          When we lose a game and his response is "aw, it's just a game"...or "no biggie"....that's a problem. I've seen better leaders at the position in college (Tebow)...granted he won't be a QB at the next level, he's a leader that shows passion....and Jay shows no passion.
                          When has he responded that way? Link or I call BS.
                          Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mile_High_4774 View Post
                            Cutler has got to be the biggest prima donna in the entire league, he needs to man up and realize not everything is always going to go his way. He's been acting like a 5 year old child, throwing his little temper tantrum. At this point I say trade him and let's move on, because it's become clear that he and McDaniels are not going to be able to work together.
                            That is really unfair. If anything, it seems to me that McDaniels is the one trying to draw the line in the sand and not move forward.

I'll be open about McDaniels, but I don't think this situation is Cutler's doing. Something got him upset and McDaniels is just going the "patriot way" and not admitting it.

Cutler is an honest guy and I think honesty is a good value. I can't say the same thing for McD yet, unless he proves me wrong...
                            Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

• Cutler is acting worse than my 2 yr old.

Despite how the Mcdaniels may have looked.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                                Why do you cling to the fact that Cutler is being shafted? Did he get a pay cut? Did he lose his job? Was he advised that his career in this league is over?

No matter what we know (or don't know in most cases), the real facts are that that the FO runs the team, they can listen to trade offers, or for that matter....initiate them. They can do anything they need to, if they believe that it will make the Broncos a better team. If the team does not succeed, they are let go...therefore they understand the inherent risks of the job and the decisions they make.

And if you don't think that Jay is making this a bigger deal than it is, please go back to the #6 juice you are drinking.....

For my money, if the team wins the SB in the next couple of years, and Jay is not the QB......so be it. Team first, player second.
                                You don't initiate a trade... or entertain a trade involving a once in a decade type player like Jay, for a seventh round draft pick/possibly one year wonder quarterback in Matt Cassel.

That has got to be the most retarded thing I've ever heard of. And McDaniels is going to look like a major dumb ass for doing this.

"Yeah lets see..... I bought this stock and it's been doing pretty damn good for the 4 years I've had it. It's shown some struggles, but it has seemed to progress every year.

Oh wait... Look at this stock. It did pretty good in it's first year. Maybe I should just dump my original stock for this one and SCORE big!!!!!!!"

No...

NONE of this utter CRAP should have happened. NEVER.

You have a 25 year old Pro Bowl quarterback who is ONLY going to get better... and you think about trading him?

What kind of a fool and JOKE is running this team?

If McDaniel's really can't see how much UPSIDE Cutler has, he's really lost his way with his QB scouting.

Comment

Working...
                                X