Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The source is Bus Cook

100%.

He was also the source earlier for espn.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
      You know, it's funny, I think this phenomenon is unique to Denver. I am a Spurs fan when it comes to the NBA, and if someone came in and tried to trade Tim Duncan, even in the twilight of his career, Spurs fans would riot the streets of San Antonio and burn down the AT&T Center. Seriously, you'll get your butt beat in SA for talking garbage about Timmy.
      I agree with you there.....Absolutely absurd that anyone would be defending McD......Fact is this whole thing has gotten out of control and I think it all comes down to a battle of the egos...McD wants total control and absolute authority and submission from his player's and wants to prove that he is the boss and his word is like the word of god, and Cutler is letting him know in a big way that I am the franchise QB and you need me to succeed yet you crossed me and I am going to make you sweat now just to prove to you that you need me and that my job is more important than yours......there are alot of good coaches.......there are not a lot of good QB's.......

Comment

• Originally posted by premier-ace55 View Post
        Good point about Timmy but Jay's not Timmy. Jay's not even Lebron.
        lol Jays not even Carmelo.

Comment

• I am kind of shocked by how many people are sticking up for Cutler. I mean MCD is a head coach and has been around football and seen talent, as well as our scouting department and the gm. Having said that dont you think they know how to judge talent and the right players for the system they implement. Yeah jays a great qb he has great tools and i hope he does stay. But if the TEAM can gain several solid starters or good draft picks to help the TEAM for him and still win in MCD system then isnt it worth his departure? We could benefit from the draft picks to build a better overall team and defense in particular in order to win. Seriously let the coach, well coach. Hey if we can go 8-8 with a gunslinger then great. If we can build the team with picks and youth for the future and MCD can run his system with an average qb and we can go 10-6 then hell yes. DENVER BRONCOS > CUTLER. I cant believe how many people are cool with a single player being able to hold a team hostage, that is what is hurting us now.
          Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
          Supporting this staff!
          Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

Comment

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
            I think he's a little miffed at how this whole situation turned out, was probably looking forward to the meeting to get some understanding between the two, and probably turned sour again when Jay decided to turn it into a "conference call".

But I like that attitude. This is only blowing up because the Denver organization hasn't been very good the last 3 years, so fans turn towards the next best thing -- the players.

This is a side effect of the organization that McDaniels is trying to change.

What do you get when you take Cutler away from Denver? Nothing.

WHat do you get when you take Brady away from the Patriots? An 11-5 record.

I love that he's sending the messages that the players aren't above the organization, because apparently someone hasn't got that through to Jay Cutler.
            Coaches aren't above the organization either. Trading away yoru team's leader and best player behind his back.. then lying about it... isn't the best way to do that.

I haven't seen a SINGLE thing that suggests to me that Cutler sees himself bigger than the team. But i've seen a couple things now that shows Me McDaniels is suffering from "young boss syndrom" and is doing his best to illustrate his dominance by poking chests.

I'm not impressed. I think McDaniels has been showing the lack of experience and maturity here.....

Comment

• Originally posted by CRAZYTRAINTK View Post
              I agree with you there.....Absolutely absurd that anyone would be defending McD......Fact is this whole thing has gotten out of control and I think it all comes down to a battle of the egos...McD wants total control and absolute authority and submission from his player's and wants to prove that he is the boss and his word is like the word of god, and Cutler is letting him know in a big way that I am the franchise QB and you need me to succeed yet you crossed me and I am going to make you sweat now just to prove to you that you need me and that my job is more important than yours......there are alot of good coaches.......there are not a lot of good QB's.......
              What makes you think that Pat Bowlen isn't back McDaniels or that he wasn't in agreement with these moves.

Comment

• and i only say hostage if he refuses to play here and actually demands a trade just for clarification. We just listened to offers, we didn't even trade the guy for gosh sakes.
                Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
                Supporting this staff!
                Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

Comment

• Originally posted by MileHighPimp303 View Post
                  Why is this team even close to being sold, do you know something specific?
                  I have no inside information. My previous job was to assess enemy capabilities. I watch , observe and research. I hear rumblings from other's about this too.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
                    CBS4 just reported that they got new information within the past few minutes that says that the Broncos are committed to mending this rift, but Jay has to show up for a face-to-face with McPunk on Monday before mini-camp starts to keep the "progress" going.

I guess we'll see....
                    man.. lets just hope this comes to an end. I'm already tired of this crap. Lets hope they kiss and make up and get it over with.

Comment

• Hey did you guys know Cutler spoke with McD today?

just wanted to let you know because i wasn't sure if you got that. I know there has been..... oh about a BILLION threads already but i just wanted to post one myself to be cool!:brick::brick::brick::brick:

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                        Coaches aren't above the organization either. Trading away yoru team's leader and best player behind his back.. then lying about it... isn't the best way to do that.

I haven't seen a SINGLE thing that suggests to me that Cutler sees himself bigger than the team. But i've seen a couple things now that shows Me McDaniels is suffering from "young boss syndrom" and is doing his best to illustrate his dominance by poking chests.

I'm not impressed. I think McDaniels has been showing the lack of experience and maturity here.....
                        Coaches set the tone of the organization.

And someone in Denver needs to start pounding their chest. The players haven't done it, and the previous coaching staff hasn't done it, and then people question why we have a soft team.

Comment

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                          I think he's a little miffed at how this whole situation turned out, was probably looking forward to the meeting to get some understanding between the two, and probably turned sour again when Jay decided to turn it into a "conference call".

But I like that attitude. This is only blowing up because the Denver organization hasn't been very good the last 3 years, so fans turn towards the next best thing -- the players.

This is a side effect of the organization that McDaniels is trying to change.

What do you get when you take Cutler away from Denver? Nothing.

WHat do you get when you take Brady away from the Patriots? An 11-5 record.

I love that he's sending the messages that the players aren't above the organization, because apparently someone hasn't got that through to Jay Cutler.
                          First off, we don't know Jay turned it into the conference call. We know next to nothing how that exactly happened

And I'm pretty sure Belichick had SOMETHING to do with that 11-5 record last season.

I have no problem with McDaniels establishing that he's the boss. But what was the point of a conversation if all that was said was 'your tradable - report Monday'?

Again, I'm not saying Cutler is innocent in all this. But that's not a productive, responsible way to handle this situation. The Broncos need Cutler more than Cutler needs the Broncos. We can tell ourselves otherwise and tell ourselves no player is above the team. But I can guarantee you that this would be a byline story if it were Selvin Young, DJ Williams, or Tony Scheffler.

So in the end, the Broncos have to make it work, and in the one opportunity they had to try and clear the air, McDaniels opted to take the aggressive approach and put Cutler down even more.

For a rookie 32-year-old coach with no experience to do that, that tells me he either has no sense whatsoever, or he just doesn't like Cutler.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by rojo1289 View Post
                            According to CBS 4 Denver, Jay Cutler spoke with Broncos owner Pat Bowlen and coach Josh McDaniels via conference call Monday, but no "buttering up" of Cutler went on.
                            McDaniels reportedly "made it clear to the quarterback how the team will be run," and how Cutler will fit into the Broncos' plans. The rookie coach also said he doesn't anticipate trading Cutler, but that "players are being constantly evaluated and could be traded if management thinks it will make the team better." The organization is taking a hard-line stance with its franchise quarterback. Now they'll hope he reports for March OTAs.

I like how Mcdaniels head is so ***en big now he thinks he is "it" now. Mcdaniels has a ***en ego problem! Win a ***en game before you come in like your **** dont' stink. I cant wait for all this to blow up in his ***en face so he can see how stupid he is! How does Mcdaniels walk through his office door with a head so big?
                            Not trying to talk trash, but if that is what MCD said, then I agree with him 100%. He doesn't have to win a game first. He is the Head Coach, and I applaud him making sure his QB understands that. There might be hope for the Broncos yet. Don't be down on him because he has a backbone, be happy you have a coach willing to take it on his shoulders. If he kisses Jay's behind in any way then he loses the team before mini camp starts. And no I'm not saying Jay is the bad guy here because I don't know all the facts...I don't like Jay but that's a different story. Bottom line is the coach is in charge and the players, even the QB need to be on board.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
                              since Bowlen was on the conference call and apparently said nothing of importance or we wouldve heard about it, we can only assume he backs McD 100%. Can also assume he knew about the trade before the news did. Also this is two sides. There is no way bowlen and mcdaniels will bow down and kiss his feet.
                              I didn't say they did kiss his feet....I said they had better because this is much like poker and I am sorry but Jay holds two aces in his hand and Bowlen,McD, and the whole Broncos front office has a 9,2 in their hand.......Do you really think Jay gives a s**t? Either way he will get paid and play.....the other side on the other hand will be screwed......that is the reality of the situation whether you like it or not......if he is gone and Simms is our QB......get back to me when we win a two or three games all season and tell me I am wrong.....Every good coach knows sometimes you have to stroke your best players egos.....

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                                First off, we don't know Jay turned it into the conference call. We know next to nothing how that exactly happened

And I'm pretty sure Belichick had SOMETHING to do with that 11-5 record last season.

I have no problem with McDaniels establishing that he's the boss. But what was the point of a conversation if all that was said was 'your tradable - report Monday'?

Again, I'm not saying Cutler is innocent in all this. But that's not a productive, responsible way to handle this situation. The Broncos need Cutler more than Cutler needs the Broncos. We can tell ourselves otherwise and tell ourselves no player is above the team. But I can guarantee you that this would be a byline story if it were Selvin Young, DJ Williams, or Tony Scheffler.

So in the end, the Broncos have to make it work, and in the one opportunity they had to try and clear the air, McDaniels opted to take the aggressive approach and put Cutler down even more.

For a rookie 32-year-old coach with no experience to do that, that tells me he either has no sense whatsoever, or he just doesn't like Cutler.
                                That's fine. It's just your opinion. You don't know any more about what he really feels for Cutler then I do about Cutler turning it into a conference call. But that sure wasn't the organization.

And I think his "tradeable" comment was letting Cutler know that nobody was safe. "Feeling" safe in a professional organization leads to complacent players.

Comment

Working...
                                X