No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well i guess we can agree to disagree, this team isn't going anywhere. With or without Cutler, Broncos will live till the end of time, in Denver. :go:
    [SIGPIC]

Comment

• FML.

Enough of this nonsense....

Comment

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
        That's fine. It's just your opinion. You don't know any more about what he really feels for Cutler then I do about Cutler turning it into a conference call. But that sure wasn't the organization.
        Well, that certainly is your opinion, too.

Jay had no reason to be in Denver this week. None. So why would they have him come to Denver a week before voluntary camp is supposed to begin (and in which Jay is expected to attend), just to tell him he's tradable and to report Monday? If Jay were expected to come next Monday, why not just wait to have this conversation until then?

It seems quite obvious to me that ravage is correct in his assessment of McDaniels. It's important - almost compulsive - for him to be the Alpha Male in this incident and put Jay in his place.

I just don't see any point in having the conference that apparently took place if that's all McDaniels said. It's clearly made things worse - not better.
        sigpic

Comment

Coaches set the tone of the organization.

And someone in Denver needs to start pounding their chest. The players haven't done it, and the previous coaching staff hasn't done it, and then people question why we have a soft team.
          Sorry.. but this isn't a tone I want to see. We dont' have the same perception as to what that 'tone' is... or that he's somehow trying to 'set' a tone ... I think he's simply acting like a new young boss, that is hoping to gain respect by instilling fear. See it all the time... a new young super or boss coming in, tries to show his dominance. Its a lack of confidence and inexperience more than "setting a tone.".........

Comment

That's fine. It's just your opinion. You don't know any more about what he really feels for Cutler then I do about Cutler turning it into a conference call. But that sure wasn't the organization.

And I think his "tradeable" comment was letting Cutler know that nobody was safe. "Feeling" safe in a professional organization leads to complacent players.
            Yes, because I'm sure the Colts' front office has meetings with Manning every year just to tell him he's tradable and report when he's already expected to.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post

Jay had no reason to be in Denver this week. None. So why would they have him come to Denver a week before voluntary camp is supposed to begin (and in which Jay is expected to attend), just to tell him he's tradable and to report Monday? If Jay were expected to come next Monday, why not just wait to have this conversation until then?

It seems quite obvious to me that ravage is correct in his assessment of McDaniels. It's important - almost compulsive - for him to be the Alpha Male in this incident and put Jay in his place.

I just don't see any point in having the conference that apparently took place if that's all McDaniels said. It's clearly made things worse - not better.

Jay has friction going on with him and his employer. Even to the point where it might even permanently damage their relationship. His employer wants to meet to smooth things out. I don't care what you're doing, or what happened. If you want to smooth things over with your employer, you cut your vacation early and get your azz in to meet with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                Sorry.. but this isn't a tone I want to see. We dont' have the same perception as to what that 'tone' is... or that he's somehow trying to 'set' a tone ... I think he's simply acting like a new young boss, that is hoping to gain respect by instilling fear. See it all the time... a new young super or boss coming in, tries to show his dominance. Its a lack of confidence and inexperience more than "setting a tone.".........
                As someone who was a manager at 17, I can assure you this is absolutely true.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                  That's you're opinion. My opinion is we need a dictatorship tone. I'm sick of seeing this team can manhandled by the Detroit's and Oakland's and San Diego's of this world. The players obviously cannot handle the holding their hand approach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay2Javon4life View Post
                    and i only say hostage if he refuses to play here and actually demands a trade just for clarification. We just listened to offers, we didn't even trade the guy for gosh sakes.
                    You and me don't know at all what he McD did....you only know what he said.....I was just stating facts....I may not like those fact and you may not like the facts but the fact is Denver needs Jay more than Jay needs Denver....that is not defending Jay....it is a fact.....Jay get's paid either way and if he decides to sit out Denver is immediately in a bad position regarding this next season and maybe for a lot longer.....

Comment

Yes, because I'm sure the Colts' front office has meetings with Manning every year just to tell him he's tradable and report when he's already expected to.
                      Great comparison. Manning will arguably go down as the greatest of all time, and proved himself in the NFL before his 4th season. Cutler isn't anywhere in Manning's ballpark as a player, or professional.

A better comparison would have been McNabb. And McNabb told reporters, "I'm not commenting until I get the story from the front office" when he was told he would be traded.

Comment

• Originally posted by BurgessRudy View Post
                        Jay Cutler holds all the cards in this. He didn't talk to Pat Bolwen because he no longer trusts him and wants to get out. His agent knows they will get a great deal for him elsewhere.

Unlike Chad Johnson of the Bengals, the Broncos will have no choice but to trade him as they did Clinton Portis.

When Jay goes so do I. The Broncos have become a Joke. This is an instant replay of the Elway / Colts saga with the Broncos being the Colts.
                        Wow, goodbye puke!

You can go root for the Detriot Lions while Cutler consistently leads them to 7-9 and 8-8 records.

Youare not a real fan and never were, we do not want you around anyhow!

Comment

• Originally posted by Digital_Madness View Post
                          LOL!! This Is getting better by the minute!
                          Your right, every minute i am happier knowing SD will never win a SB. LOL
                          :go:
                          [SIGPIC]

Comment

EXACTLY right! Thats another 'dominant' position taking move. Having them COME to you. I bet McDaniels sets his chair slightly higher, and puts himself at the end of the conference table.. maybe having a spot light show on his face.

Seems that the coach is taking all the stereotypical 'new boss' things to show that HE is the "new man in town."

Now, if what mtn man has posted is true as to what is being reported..the 'boss' is demanding a now face-to-face talk on Monday. Thats fine, but why was the conference call so unsuccessful if the idea was to mend the fences??

Seems as if he's trying to force a wedge in.

Comment

Jay has friction going on with him and his employer. Even to the point where it might even permanently damage their relationship. His employer wants to meet to smooth things out. I don't care what you're doing, or what happened. If you want to smooth things over with your employer, you cut your vacation early and get your azz in to meet with them.
                              Look, I know we like to think of the NFL as a regular business with regular employees and is operated like a corporate office.

But realistically speaking we ALL know that not to be true, so let's stop using 'The Office' analogy when discussing how the NFL operates.

However...I do work in an office, and I can assure you that regardless if there was tension between my employer and me, if they called me and demanded that I cut my vacation short just to come there so they can have a 5 minute conversation with me about me being tradable and having to report when I'm already due back, I'd blow them off too.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
                                CBS4 just reported that they got new information within the past few minutes that says that the Broncos are committed to mending this rift, but Jay has to show up for a face-to-face with McPunk on Monday before mini-camp starts to keep the "progress" going.

I guess we'll see....
                                Yea they're committed to mending it.....they call up the ONLY option at QB and do their damnedest to intimidate the hell out of him.

The Broncos havent handled this situation right from the get go.

I, for one, am not impressed with the new blood in Denver, so far they created the rift between Jay and themselves, now are determined to drive the steak through the heart with this little conference call.

I get more and more disheartened and demoralized every day by the way the Broncos are dealing with this situation, I expect the same in the days to come, sadly.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X