McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    That's you're opinion. My opinion is we need a dictatorship tone. I'm sick of seeing this team can manhandled by the Detroit's and Oakland's and San Diego's of this world. The players obviously cannot handle the holding their hand approach.
    You dont need to be a D*ck to win a championship.

Those who never had power will always go Mad with it once they get a taste. That is what McD is doing Silk.

McD is showing MORE immaturity on how he's trying to force his way on a team instead of adapting to pull everyone together.

I mean theres ways to install yourself as the 'New Boss' Without trying to destroy what your predecessor has already done... with the team.
    McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
      No. You would see this as expendable because they (the people) didn't bend at your will. Not that they aren't committed to the team. Not that they aren't committed to their contract... but because they don't jump high enough when you snap your fingers. There is a HUGE difference that you aren't recognizing.
      Hardly.

Denver drafted Jay Cutler. Denver pays Jay Cutler. Denver employs Jay Cutler. Jay Cutler owes Denver a hell of a lot more then Denver owes Jay Cutler. If he doesn't want to. Fine....you're trade bait.

That shouldn't be hard to figure out at all.

Comment

Why are you choosing to focus on Manning, and completely ignoring McNabb?

McNabb just so happened to be in this situation. Manning hasn't.

And McNabb led his team to a Divison title in his second season in the NFL. Cutler hasn't even made the playoffs. Argue the "team" debate if you want, but that's a fact that can't be overlooked.
        You're argument is contradictory. You state in one post no player is above the team, but make an exception for Manning.

You can't make an argument both ways. Either no player is above the team or there are exceptions.

As far as McNabb...McNabb is a cool, calm, collected individual. He's also a veteran player who has played under a ton of fan pressure in Philly.

However, the situation is vastly different than what Cutler is going through in Denver.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by troylightfoot View Post
          just wanted to let you know because i wasn't sure if you got that. I know there has been..... oh about a BILLION threads already but i just wanted to post one myself to be cool!:brick::brick::brick::brick:
          Actually, it was yesterday. Good try though.
          All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
            You dont need to be a D*ck to win a championship.

Those who never had power will always go Mad with it once they get a taste. That is what McD is doing Silk.

McD is showing MORE immaturity on how he's trying to force his way on a team instead of adapting to pull everyone together.

I mean theres ways to install yourself as the 'New Boss' Without trying to destroy what your predecessor has already done... with the team.
            Apparently Denver does. A player's coach did nothing but create a soft team with a bunch of guys that feel "entitled" for going .500.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay2Javon4life View Post
              Bingo, I agree 100% man and have been saying that for awhile as well. Shanny was a players coach, i loved the guy as a coach. I don't however miss the 1 playoff win in the last decade. I hate how people are shooting down MCD and saying hes killing the team before the guy even gets to coach a game or implement his system. Hey cutler is great but if MCD can win more games by aquiring draft picks for cutler and building an overall better team then so be it. Its his system, allow him to get his players. Hey NE SD TN and Pitt are all better then us and Jay is arguably the best qb talent wise out of that group. But they all have better teams. If we could trade jay and build a better TEAM and win with an average qb then awesome. Obviously other teams can.
              What PLANET are you living on? Because it has nothing to do with the real world at all.

It takes at least THREE years for a rookie to become a playoff winning QB. That means 2011-2012 at the earliest.

Do you want to wait? Because I don't.

And there are NO guarantees:

1. That the Broncos will even be in position to draft a franchise QB. The reality is that when teams know you have to trade a player they don't offer as much. That means maybe the Vikings #22 pick or the Bucs #19 or the Lions #20. NO franchise QB will be available then.

2. That any scrub FA they pick up will be able to win enough games to keep them out of the division cellar for the next 3 years until their rookie is ready to start. At least 1 year in the cellar, possibly two or three.

3. That whoever they pick won't turn out to be Alex Smith or Byron Leftwich or possibly Vince Young or maybe even Kyle Boller, just to name a few QBs whose teams were all excited to take them on draft day.

The Broncos would be lucky to draft Mark Sanchez and who knows how good he's going to be? He'll probably require them to trade up to at least #9 to take him ahead of the 49ers.

So, you can forget all those fantasies about acquiring lots of draft picks by trading Cutler. They'd have to use them to move up just to be sure they can draft a QB.

What if they can't even get Sanchez? What then? NO QB this year at all! What if it turns out he's nothing like as good as Jay? Which could easily happen. There are lots of doubts about how good he'll actually be.

All in all this was worse than Plexico Burress shooting himself in the foot. This is the WORST coaching decision I've ever seen out of the Broncos! Bar none. And I've been around a while. Long enough to remember drafting LB Mike Croel with the #4 pick of the draft!

Josh McDaniels hasn't coached ONE game and he's already destroyed the team! Worthless, motherless BASTARD!
              Last edited by Cugel; 03-10-2009, 11:24 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
                This is just a situation where two adult men can't swallow some pride and move on with their lives.

Typical.
                Well, That's our Mindfield and Mojo.

Oh Wait....

You were talking about Jay and Josh... :doh:

My bad.
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                  You're argument is contradictory. You state in one post no player is above the team, but make an exception for Manning.

You can't make an argument both ways. Either no player is above the team or there are exceptions.
                  Kind of hard NOT to be contrary when you pull a comparison out that didn't happen.

I made a point, and you choose to bring up possibly the 1 player in the NFL that breaks that exception.

I'll take back what I said. 99.9999999% of the players are not bigger than their team, including Jay Cutler.

Comment

• Thanks for an exciting 3 seasons with you, Jay.

You can go now. I don't want a 14 year old QB.

Thanks for playing.

Comment

Great comparison. Manning will arguably go down as the greatest of all time, and proved himself in the NFL before his 4th season. Cutler isn't anywhere in Manning's ballpark as a player, or professional.

A better comparison would have been McNabb. And McNabb told reporters, "I'm not commenting until I get the story from the front office" when he was told he would be traded.

ORLY?

Rookie year: 26 TD's -----28 INT's Record: 3-13

2nd year: 26 TD's ------15 INT's Record: 13-3

3rd Year: 33 TD's ------15 INT's Record: 10-6

4th Year: 26 TD's ------23 INT's Record: 6-10

0 Championships

2 winning seasons is really proving himself.....
                      sigpic

Comment

That's a great idea. Create a distraction for all the other players on the first day of workouts by meeting with the "star QB". Great message to send there.

I think any player in the NFL is expendable, with the exception of maybe 3-5 proven exceptions. That's not a slight to Cutler at all.
                        If all that McDaniels had to say to Cutler was 'your tradable', then he didn't have anything more to say to Cutler and should have just kept quiet.

And by doing so now a week before workouts, they've made it a much bigger distraction that it would have been had they just kept it quite and spoke to Culter next week. Now there's going to be talk and speculation all week as to whether Cutler will show up or not.

Great message to send there.

I don't see McDaniels' move today as anything other than the 'little man's' syndrome rav adequately stated. You clearly respect that. I see it as counter-productive and futile, not to mention VERY immature.

As I stated, the Broncos need Cutler more than Cutler needs the Broncos. Cutler can make $50 million virtually anywhere. But the Broncos are highly unlikely to find a quaterback as talented as Jay anytime soon.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Cugel View Post
                          What PLANET are you living on? Because it has nothing to do with the real world at all.

It takes at least THREE years for a rookie to become a playoff winning QB. That means 2011-2012 at the earliest.

Do you want to wait? Because I don't.

And there are NO guarantees:

1. That the Broncos will even be in position to draft a franchise QB. The reality is that when teams know you have to trade a player they don't offer as much. That means maybe the Vikings #22 pick or the Bucs #19 or the Lions #20. NO franchise QB will be available then.

2. That any scrub FA they pick up will be able to win enough games to keep them out of the division cellar for the next 3 years until their rookie is ready to start. At least 1 year in the cellar, possibly two or three.

3. That whoever they pick won't turn out to be Alex Smith or Byron Leftwich or possibly Vince Young or maybe even Kyle Boller, just to name a few QBs whose teams were all excited to take them on draft day.

The Broncos would be lucky to draft Mark Sanchez and who knows how good he's going to be? He'll probably require them to trade up to at least #9 to take him ahead of the 49ers.

What if they don't get him? What then? NO QB this year at all!

All in all this was worse than Plexico Burress shooting himself in the foot.

Josh McDaniels hasn't coached ONE game and he's already destroyed the team! Worthless, motherless BASTARD!
                          Rookie playoffs are getting to the playoffs often lately. They should get Sam Bradford. That dude is taylor made to play in the NFL spread. And he doesn't think he's entitled.

Comment

• I agree...it pisses me off alot too...I HATEEEEE Bus Cook he's SUCH A LIL SNAKE! just like the "INFAMOUS $H!7HEAD" Scott Boris!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chidoze View Post

ORLY?

Rookie year: 26 TD's -----28 INT's Record: 3-13

2nd year: 26 TD's ------15 INT's Record: 13-3 Division Title

3rd Year: 33 TD's ------15 INT's Record: 10-6

4th Year: 26 TD's ------23 INT's Record: 6-10

0 Championships

2 winning seasons is really proving himself.....

I edited it for you. Way to miss that part of the argument though.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                                Well I'm inclined to believe it was stated, mostly because it's been reported by 4 sources now.

Granted, one of those source (Schefter) had a slightly less severe tone and not as much detail.

But it seems to me that the point of the call was to try and put Cutler in his place. Great move. Don't try to reach out to him and figure out what exactly is wrong so it can be fixed or anything logical and productive like that.

I'm just horribly disappointed with how poorly the Broncos have handled this situation.
                                Agreed...it seems like McDaniels has a pretty big ego and is "puffing his chest" as someone said earlier. The issue here is whether the Broncos initiated the talks of the trade. Cutler says they did, they say they didn't.

If I were the coach, and I did say, as reported by the Broncos, that anyone could be traded, I would at least see what the Patriots had in mind if they said "We want Jay Cutler NOW". I wouldn't lie to Cutler about anything that transpired, and if needed I would get Bowlen to set the record straight if Cutler didn't believe me. That's how I would want to be treated if I were Cutler - Kinda like it sucks that they tried to trade me, but they were up-front about it and I can move on.

Basically this whole situation is dumb - I hope it is fully behind all parties before the draft
                                :orton:

Comment

Working...
                                X