No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I forgot, I like Gary Kubiak So I Might be a Texans fan.

This article sure does sound familiar:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11883473

Looks like a lot of people see the same signs.
    Last edited by BurgessRudy; 03-10-2009, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
      If all that McDaniels had to say to Cutler was 'your tradable', then he didn't have anything more to say to Cutler and should have just kept quiet.

And by doing so now a week before workouts, they've made it a much bigger distraction that it would have been had they just kept it quite and spoke to Culter next week. Now there's going to be talk and speculation all week as to whether Cutler will show up or not.

Great message to send there.

I don't see McDaniels' move today as anything other than the 'little man's' syndrome rav adequately stated. You clearly respect that. I see it as counter-productive and futile, not to mention VERY immature.

As I stated, the Broncos need Cutler more than Cutler needs the Broncos. Cutler can make $50 million virtually anywhere. But the Broncos are highly unlikely to find a quaterback as talented as Jay anytime soon.
      I can't believe I've given you TOO Much Cp....... is there a solar flare causing some kind of radiation poisoning?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cugel View Post
        What PLANET are you living on? Because it has nothing to do with the real world at all.

It takes at least THREE years for a rookie to become a playoff winning QB. That means 2011-2012 at the earliest.

Do you want to wait? Because I don't.

And there are NO guarantees:

1. That the Broncos will even be in position to draft a franchise QB. The reality is that when teams know you have to trade a player they don't offer as much. That means maybe the Vikings #22 pick or the Bucs #19 or the Lions #20. NO franchise QB will be available then.

2. That any scrub FA they pick up will be able to win enough games to keep them out of the division cellar for the next 3 years until their rookie is ready to start. At least 1 year in the cellar, possibly two or three.

3. That whoever they pick won't turn out to be Alex Smith or Byron Leftwich or possibly Vince Young or maybe even Kyle Boller, just to name a few QBs whose teams were all excited to take them on draft day.

The Broncos would be lucky to draft Mark Sanchez and who knows how good he's going to be? He'll probably require them to trade up to at least #9 to take him ahead of the 49ers.

What if they don't get him? What then? NO QB this year at all!

All in all this was worse than Plexico Burress shooting himself in the foot.

Josh McDaniels hasn't coached ONE game and he's already destroyed the team! Worthless, motherless BASTARD!
        What planet are you on man? Most likely many or the majority of our picks in the draft would be toward the defensive side of the ball. Having said that we have the potential yes potential to have a very solid defense this year! Especially if you factor in the picks we could get for cutler, arguably a 1st and second. And defensive players mature and gel much faster then a qb with the exception of dline. And if i recall we have a very very good oline and above average receivers. And didnt MCD just win 11 games with MATT CASSEL? Just playing devils advocate but if we were able to draft properly we could put a good enough team in place for Sims to win, I could care less if we had a matt cassel type systems qb as long as we can win.
        Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
        Supporting this staff!
        Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

Comment

If all that McDaniels had to say to Cutler was 'your tradable', then he didn't have anything more to say to Cutler and should have just kept quiet.

And by doing so now a week before workouts, they've made it a much bigger distraction that it would have been had they just kept it quite and spoke to Culter next week. Now there's going to be talk and speculation all week as to whether Cutler will show up or not.

Great message to send there.

I don't see McDaniels' move today as anything other than the 'little man's' syndrome rav adequately stated. You clearly respect that. I see it as counter-productive and futile, not to mention VERY immature.

As I stated, the Broncos need Cutler more than Cutler needs the Broncos. Cutler can make $50 million virtually anywhere. But the Broncos are highly unlikely to find a quaterback as talented as Jay anytime soon.

I think he tried. It was Cutler crying to the press that forced a rift big enough to require a "conference call".

Talened is quite clearly, not as important as intelligence on the football field. Jeff George was talented too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cugel View Post
            If the Broncos trade Jay Cutler they will be lucky to win 5 games.

"Starting fresh" means WHAT exactly?

The draft? Assuming you have Detoit's #1 pick (which won't happen) then you draft Mark Stafford and pay him about $25 million and wait 3 years for him to become the QB Jay is now.

Trade? For who exactly? Maybe they can get a guy the quality of Sage Rosenfels!

FA? Same thing. Who will they get? Some aging veteran who bounces around the league? You'd be lucky if you found someone the quality of Kerry Collins who's bounced around the league for 10 years. That is NOT how teams win SBs!

It seems clear if this story is anything like correct that the Bowlen and McDaniels are trying to punt this down the road. I.E. get the season out of the way and deal Jay in the next off-season when they will have more time to find some alternative. Jay meanwhile obviously doesn't want to screw around. He wants to be dealt if he's going to be dealt.

And he wants a long-term commitment if he's going to stay. That doesn't mean a contract extension BTW I don't know where people got that idea.

It simply means a verbal commitment that the Broncos want Jay to play out his contract -- i.e. three more years.

It's like being in a relationship with your girl-friend. Suppose she tells you "I'm not sure how long I'm going to stay with you, but I'm not dumping you right now, because it's not convenient to find someone else at the moment." Would you be satisfied with that? Probably not.

AT this point, I really wish Bowlen would FIRE McDaniels and start over with some other coach. HE's totally screwed this up royally.

And that has NOTHING really to do with Jay.
            It's just that McDaniels has destroyed the team without even taking the field. If they were going to TRY and trade Jay then they needed to DO it. Now it's all FUBAR!

Jay might not be handling this particularly well, if he originally asked to be traded. IF that part is true, I don't know what he's complaining about.

Step 1: Jay asked to be traded after they got rid of Jeremy Bates.

Step 2: McDaniels seeks to trade Jay for Cassel.

Step 3: Jay finds out and freaks out.

We're missing a step here! Something must have happened where Jay was either told or decided he DIDN'T want to be traded or else the part about Jay asking to be traded isn't true.

Because this totally doesn't add up.

If he wanted to be traded, and then they tried to trade him he should be happy, right? So what would be the complaint?

Answer: Either he never wanted to be traded in the first place or else he changed his mind and then the team still wanted to trade him -- which doesn't make a whole lot of sense either.

But the part "the Broncos felt Jay started this whole thing by asking to be traded" is the part where we need more information.

THINGS are NOT adding up and making sense right now. Something is wrong with this story!

However, this much is clear. If Jay Cutler is traded, the Broncos will be lucky to win 12 games over the next 2 seasons.

If Pat Bowlen thinks fans are going to pay thousands of dollars in this economy to watch the team totally fall apart and become the laughing stock of the league he can kiss my ass!

Good luck selling those empty seats Pat! It's one thing to go to games where you think management is TRYING to do it's best.

Where it's clear that they are deliberately screwing things up because they don't want to admit they screwed up in the first place? I don't have that much spare money lying around that I want to reward stupidity and trying to save face and screwing the franchise into the ground because Josh McDaniels doesn't want to admit he's wrong, and Pat Bowlen sides with him. Screw them both!

This is NOT why we built Pat the new stadium!

VERY well put

Comment

• Originally posted by I Hate SD Alot View Post
              Cutler never cancelled!!!!!!! Schefter didn't drop the ball because he said he did not have any knowledge of when a meeting was going to take place!! Nobody did! Schefter reports what he knows, and only that! Nobody knew until today that there was a meeting. Schefter simply said that he had no knowledge of a planned meeting. That's it. Quit twisting Schefter's honest words. ESPN is garbage!!!!!!!!! They've twisted CBS4's already unreliable story. Pull your heads out! This is completely uncredible and lacks evidence. It's pure speculation. JEEZ!!!!! QUIT BEING SO F****ING GULLABLE TO THE SPORTS MEDIA THAT JUST WANTS TO MAKE A STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHH!!!!!!!!

I agree with you. I heard the Schefter story as well. He simply reported that a meeting was scheduled for this week but that there was no firm plan in place for date/time. So he said that the "meeting" on Monday wasnt cancelled nor rescheduled, because there was never a a firm meeting planned for that day to begin with.

Ditto on your comments regarding ESPN.
              Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                I edited it for you. Way to miss that part of the argument though.
                Name me just five quarterbacks that the Broncos can logistically and legitimately bring in right now or via the draft that will perform at the same level or better than Cutler.

I know Cutler hasn't won anything yet. But he's the most talented quarterback that is available to the Broncos, and as I pointed out, they need him more than he needs them.

This is a situation the Broncos must rectify, because they're not going to find another quarterback like Cutler. It took us 8 years to find him, after all. Do you really want to wait another 8? Do you think McDaniels will last that long without a franchise quarterback?
                sigpic

Comment

Oh, my bad........1......division title. You have vindicated your previous post.

Even the great Peyton Manning, before his 4th season, had proved just as much and was just as tradeable as Cutler.
                  Last edited by Chidoze; 03-10-2009, 10:31 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chidoze View Post

ORLY?

Rookie year: 26 TD's -----28 INT's Record: 3-13<---defensive rank 29

2nd year: 26 TD's ------15 INT's Record: 13-3<---defensive rank 17

3rd Year: 33 TD's ------15 INT's Record: 10-6<---defensive rank 15

4th Year: 26 TD's ------23 INT's Record: 6-10<---defensive rank 31

0 Championships

2 winning seasons is really proving himself.....
                    Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                    I edited it for YOU silk... you seemed to have forgotten the obvious difference. But notice that when even the great Manning's defense is around where ours has been, he can't win either. :thumb:

Funny how you missed that part

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay2Javon4life View Post
                      Bingo, I agree 100% man and have been saying that for awhile as well. Shanny was a players coach, i loved the guy as a coach. I don't however miss the 1 playoff win in the last decade. I hate how people are shooting down MCD and saying hes killing the team before the guy even gets to coach a game or implement his system. Hey cutler is great but if MCD can win more games by aquiring draft picks for cutler and building an overall better team then so be it. Its his system, allow him to get his players. Hey NE SD TN and Pitt are all better then us and Jay is arguably the best qb talent wise out of that group. But they all have better teams. If we could trade jay and build a better TEAM and win with an average qb then awesome. Obviously other teams can.
                      What if Tomlin came in and wanted to trade Big Ben?
                      Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

I think he tried. It was Cutler crying to the press that forced a rift big enough to require a "conference call".

Talened is quite clearly, not as important as intelligence on the football field. Jeff George was talented too.
                        Please. Cutler hasn't talked to the press in over a week. The story had pretty much died down up until this.

There was no need to do anything this week if the Broncos knew Cutler was going to be here next Monday. This was nothing more than for McDaniels to try and establish his dominance, and now it's a big spectacle again. That's not Jay's fault - that's McDaniels' fault.
                        sigpic

Comment

• you guys are starting to understand what aj smith has had to deal with in his dealings with tom condon lol

that guy is the biggest ******* agent in the world, he won the crown off drew rosenhaus haha
                          sigpic

Comment

Name me just five quarterbacks that the Broncos can logistically and legitimately bring in right now or via the draft that will perform at the same level or better than Cutler.

I know Cutler hasn't won anything yet. But he's the most talented quarterback that is available to the Broncos, and as I pointed out, they need him more than he needs them.

This is a situation the Broncos must rectify, because they're not going to find another quarterback like Cutler. It took us 8 years to find him, after all. Do you really want to wait another 8? Do you think McDaniels will last that long without a franchise quarterback?

Wait 1 year and bring in Sam Bradford. We're likely not winning this season regardless. Bradford will be better than Cutler. Taylor made to run an NFL spread.

McDaniels does not need a franchise QB to be successful like Shanahan did. The only probably with Shanahan was he also needed a franchise RB I guess.

Comment

• Josh McDaniels and Pat Bowlen better pay attention

To what's going on with the fans. Though some of the current fans don't care either way (I would agrue that those fans are more like observers who may watch the game or read about it in the paper). But there are real fans out there...fans like me. Fans who are actually impacted by the outcome of this team. So, apologies for posting this comment in another thread, but I can't just sit back and watch Josh blow everything I've stood for for the past 32 years (since super bowl 12, as a 2 year old in an orange crush Tshirt watching my family cray about putting up a half dozen turn overs in a loss to the Boys).
                              For the first time in my life- I'm starting to feel like this is not my team anymore. You know the feeling when your buddies called you and and said, "dude, I don't know how to tell you this, but I just saw your girl kissing on Joe what's his name in the back of Tim's truck on Friday night. I heard they went back to his place and she passed out there, no telling what they did." That's what it felt like when I heard Jay's name being thrown around as trade bait - for Matt Cassel? anyway, here's my comments:
                              Here's the deal Josh. You trade my franchise quarterback- or if you allow him to feel like he's expendable- you lost a life-long fan. I lose sleep on Saturday Nights because I'm so nervous about Sunday's performance. I can't eat on game day because it would just make my stomach worse. I've lost years of my life yelling from the stands (both good and bad games). I've lived with the tragedy of replacing the best QB the game has ever seen (don't argue, it's just my perspective). You come in here with your Patriots West mentality and start dangling my new franchise QB out like he's just another player. Bad attitude, maybe- he's young. But you are going to mess this whole thing up if you don't find a way to keep Jay here. And make him feel like he's wanted. Pat, I sure hope you are seeing what you've done to my team (and I represent hundreds of thousands of fans) I fly back to Denver two times a year to see my guys play. That IS my vacation. I pay Direct TV a few hundred bucks every year to make sure I don't miss a single play. You ruin this- I'm done. I'm not the only one either. I am furious at this situation. Head coaches aren't tradable. They just get fired- make no mistake, you are no better that Jay in terms of arrogance and imnaturity. Grow up and make some humbling decisions about how to deal with this.
                              Oaklands biggest Bronco Fan. Destroy the Raiders!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chidoze View Post
                                Oh, my bad........1......division title. You have vindicated your previous post.

Even the great Peyton Manning, before his 4th season, was just as tradeable as Cutler.
                                Maybe he was, but that is completely irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                                X