McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by greenyeti View Post
    and why should mcd commit to cutler??, I mean the guy just arrived has not worked with anyone in that team. what cutler must do is go out there and show mcd that he is worth making a long term commitment, the same for all the rest of the players

but he has to prove it, what he has proved so far is that maybe mcd is right, the guy has shown a lot of talent but little brain, and a good QB must have brain

and you can tell by watching cutler in clutch situations...remember the san diego game in denver?? yes we won, but thanks to Hochuli because jay made a stupid fumble in the worst of the times... remember de bills game?? at the clutch moment he failed to see stokley wide open

as far as i can see jay grows impatient under pressure..

so no, he has not won the long term commitment yet, and if cutler himself is not determined to prove mcd wrong, then he is not the qb that we need and i am sure there wilkl be life after cutler in denver, hell if we could survive after saying goodbye to a true icon as elway we can survive a player that has not even played a playoff game
    Guess you didn't watch the next 2 plays? Many players make bad plays at bad times. example Tom Brady a few years back in the playoffs here at denver all he had to do is score 1 last TD and we loose instead he threw to Champ and he then returns it. So yes cutler was saved but he did great after it happend.

Comment

• I feel like i'm in a Packers forum from last summer.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay2Javon4life View Post
        I am kind of shocked by how many people are sticking up for Cutler. I mean MCD is a head coach and has been around football and seen talent, as well as our scouting department and the gm. Having said that dont you think they know how to judge talent and the right players for the system they implement. Yeah jays a great qb he has great tools and i hope he does stay. But if the TEAM can gain several solid starters or good draft picks to help the TEAM for him and still win in MCD system then isnt it worth his departure? We could benefit from the draft picks to build a better overall team and defense in particular in order to win. Seriously let the coach, well coach. Hey if we can go 8-8 with a gunslinger then great. If we can build the team with picks and youth for the future and MCD can run his system with an average qb and we can go 10-6 then hell yes. DENVER BRONCOS > CUTLER. I cant believe how many people are cool with a single player being able to hold a team hostage, that is what is hurting us now.
        This isn't a Jay Cutler versus the Denver Broncos situation, which everyone is making it out to be. It's Cutler vs. McDaniels, and so far as a HC, McD has done jack squat. Cutler carried us to an 8-8 record and you and I both know it. Replace Cutler with Cassel and I think we win 4 games max last year. Jay Cutler has proved that he's got the stuff and what a lot of people don't realize is that he's still learning the game and learning the pace of games. No one who's actually an expert at football expects Cutler to be the master after less than three full seasons, it's just unrealistic expectations. But he's shown he has the moxy and the poise. McDaniels has a good resume but you and I both know that a good OC or DC doesn't necessarily guarantee a great HC. Or should I list the examples of all of the failed coaches who were OC or DC before they became HCs?

Originally posted by greenyeti View Post
        I definitely prefer cutler over cassel, but not like this, not in this "I am god you shall not touch me" attitude...

cutler is a good QB he is young and he is learning.. but he is not elite...se he has to stop acting as if he were tom brady with three superbowl rings
        He's not acting like Tom Brady, he's acting like he gives a damn about the Denver Broncos. Far be it for you to realize this, but the dude actually has some loyalty to the franchise that brought him into the league. Hell, I bet half the guys in his situation would just ride this out quietly and then in two years when his contract is up would just bail town for more money. The dude is trying to save his career in Denver by making it known to the Denver FO that he has no desire to be traded and was looking forward to the new system.
        Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• The team needs to gel. We need leaders both on the field and off. The players need to buy into the coaches and their scheams and they need to buy into each other.

I am ready for the drama to end and for everyone to start doing what they are paid to do, Offense, Defense, Special Teams and Coaches. I want to see glory restored!

Looking forward to early Sept. where everyone is 0-0.
          Looking forward to seeing a game at Mile High as well as Cincy, Baltimore and Indy.

Bring on the 09 season
          We Are....Marshall

Comment

• McDaniels and Cutler have decided to re-schedule their meeting and have this done in person as they should've in the first place
            They will be meeting at Chuck-e-Cheese and will be discusiing their differences over milk and cookies
            sigpic
            I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

• Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
              McDaniels and Cutler have decided to re-schedule their meeting and have this done in person as they should've in the first place
              They will be meeting at Chuck-e-Cheese and will be discusiing their differences over milk and cookies
              Wrong, they are meeting at a bar and whoever does more body shots off the other in an hour stays, the other goes!
              Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• I agree 100%. McDaniels and company needs some integrity and not say "I look forward to working with Jay" and then turning around and trying to trade him. But I also thing Jay needs to understand this a business and grow up a bit.
                We Are....Marshall

Comment

• Originally posted by greenyeti View Post
                  and why should mcd commit to cutler??, I mean the guy just arrived has not worked with anyone in that team. what cutler must do is go out there and show mcd that he is worth making a long term commitment, the same for all the rest of the players

but he has to prove it, what he has proved so far is that maybe mcd is right, the guy has shown a lot of talent but little brain, and a good QB must have brain

and you can tell by watching cutler in clutch situations...remember the san diego game in denver?? yes we won, but thanks to Hochuli because jay made a stupid fumble in the worst of the times... remember de bills game?? at the clutch moment he failed to see stokley wide open

as far as i can see jay grows impatient under pressure..

so no, he has not won the long term commitment yet, and if cutler himself is not determined to prove mcd wrong, then he is not the qb that we need and i am sure there wilkl be life after cutler in denver, hell if we could survive after saying goodbye to a true icon as elway we can survive a player that has not even played a playoff game

Because a clutch player doesn't play mistake free football, he comes back after making mistakes and puts the ball in the right place. Something that a lot of people fail to see about Jay. So many times after a bad play, Jay would come back (often to the same receiver) and make the big play to get the first down or better yet, a TD. Seriously, rewatch the games and don't just focus on the busted plays. You might find yourself enlightened.

Regarding the commitment part, because Jay has played his butt off and committed himself to the team and the city and has earned it. It's obvious Jay doesn't want to leave the team. Why are people condemning him for that?

Comment

• Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                    This isn't a Jay Cutler versus the Denver Broncos situation, which everyone is making it out to be. It's Cutler vs. McDaniels, and so far as a HC, McD has done jack squat. Cutler carried us to an 8-8 record and you and I both know it. Replace Cutler with Cassel and I think we win 4 games max last year. Jay Cutler has proved that he's got the stuff and what a lot of people don't realize is that he's still learning the game and learning the pace of games. No one who's actually an expert at football expects Cutler to be the master after less than three full seasons, it's just unrealistic expectations. But he's shown he has the moxy and the poise. McDaniels has a good resume but you and I both know that a good OC or DC doesn't necessarily guarantee a great HC. Or should I list the examples of all of the failed coaches who were OC or DC before they became HCs?
                    or you could make a list of all of the successful coaches that were OC or DC before they were HC, since typically that's how the progression works.

but i think your list is going to be a little subjective, being that success is a relative term.

replace cutler with cassell in shanny's system and idea of defense or mcdoogie's system and idea of defense?

cutler carried us to an 8-8 record... and then? that isn't a very substantial argument on his behalf, honestly. you can say that mcdoogie coordinated the most prolific passing attack in the history of the game, and that totally owns your statement. even after taking into consideration that it was brady, moss, and welker.

to say mcd has done squat as a HC is sort of unfair. really.

Comment

• Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
                      well thats funny becasue 90% of the people that have anything to do with the NFL would take cutler over cassel without thinking twice....
                      No joke, I'm sure there are teams that are secretly hoping that this continues to blow up and he does get traded. If you were GM of the Eagles, 49ers, Bears, Vikings, Bucs, or Lions, you are enlisting the help of Voodoo doctors right as we speak with little dolls of Jay Cutler and Josh McDaniels, hoping to create a permanent split between them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadow7ax View Post
                        I feel like i'm in a Packers forum from last summer.
                        Me too... It looks like a bad soap-opera...and I'm curious on how it will end.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by in.the.game View Post
                          or you could make a list of all of the successful coaches that were OC or DC before they were HC, since typically that's how the progression works.

but i think your list is going to be a little subjective, being that success is a relative term.

replace cutler with cassell in shanny's system and idea of defense or mcdoogie's system and idea of defense?

cutler carried us to an 8-8 record... and then? that isn't a very substantial argument on his behalf, honestly. you can say that mcdoogie coordinated the most prolific passing attack in the history of the game, and that totally owns your statement. even after taking into consideration that it was brady, moss, and welker.

to say mcd has done squat as a HC is sort of unfair. really.
                          Actually it's a great argument on his behalf. We witnessed perhaps the worst defense in NFL history over the past two seasons, and yet somehow we managed to go 8-8 and 7-9 both seasons. Teams have performed a lot worse with a lot better defense. If you look at Cutler's stats, he deserved to go to a Pro Bowl for what he did. He took a team that should've been a top 5 drafting team and put them squarely in the middle of the pack. Also, if McDoogie was so great in coaching that passing attack, then why the hell did it drop off so much after just replacing Tom Brady with Cassel. He essentially took a team that was otherwise unchanged and cost them 5 additional regular season games and a playoff berth.

Comment

• Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                            No joke, I'm sure there are teams that are secretly hoping that this continues to blow up and he does get traded. If you were GM of the Eagles, 49ers, Bears, Vikings, Bucs, or Lions, you are enlisting the help of Voodoo doctors right as we speak with little dolls of Jay Cutler and Josh McDaniels, hoping to create a permanent split between them.
                            This is funny, but sadly true!!!! I guess that only McDaniels doesn't want Cutler. But even so...Cutler needs to step up and make peace, stop this kind of behavior and move on in the best interest of the team! Because the TEAM is what matters most.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JHoward View Post
                              I'm not happy with Jay but if he's traded this franchise will be set years back.

I don't think so.

Comment

• Originally posted by premier-ace55 View Post
                                Despite how the Mcdaniels may have looked.
                                Not unlike many of fans who act like they exactly whats going on.
                                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                                X