McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CommandQ View Post
    this is how i see it... Cutler get trade this year. McDummy gets fire in 2010. Broncos get new Coach, new GM, and new QB. start rebuilt. Win superbowl in 2016.

As soon as i hear that Jay is being trade... my season tickets will go on sale.
    Good luck selling them. It was reported yesterday (in the Denver Post I believe) that there were still close to 2,000 season tickets for sale. The unemployment rate in Denver is even higher than the national average.
    sigpic
    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Here's the deal with J Cutty...not only will he not be traded........

I finally got a chance to listen to some opinions today that A) were not being told be retarded 11 year olds and B) had no interest in either side. After hearing them, and hearing an interview from Cutler himself, it did not sound like they were far apart on anything. Jay is in Denver participating in the off season workouts, he's there and he's willing to work for McSpaniels.

My theory on this whole saga is that Cutlers agent took these trade talks as an opportunity to leverage himself into position to get Jay a new deal. Jay is hurt, offended, and bothered by the trade talks, he lacks "trust" in the organization, he wants to be in Denver....how do we solve all these problems? Throw a 9 year 98 million dollar deal at him. This is pretty much what its going to come down too, McSpaniels went along and laid down the law and now that he has everyones attention (and fear), he can move on with business. McSpaniels cant be dumb enough to let a pro bowl QB walk away, its just not feasible. They'll have Jay signed to a long term extension before the season starts and magically all those bad feelings will disapear. Dont worry everyone, Jay will be in orange and blue for a very, very, very, long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutler666 View Post
        I finally got a chance to listen to some opinions today that A) were not being told be retarded 11 year olds and B) had no interest in either side. After hearing them, and hearing an interview from Cutler himself, it did not sound like they were far apart on anything. Jay is in Denver participating in the off season workouts, he's there and he's willing to work for McSpaniels.

My theory on this whole saga is that Cutlers agent took these trade talks as an opportunity to leverage himself into position to get Jay a new deal. Jay is hurt, offended, and bothered by the trade talks, he lacks "trust" in the organization, he wants to be in Denver....how do we solve all these problems? Throw a 9 year 98 million dollar deal at him. This is pretty much what its going to come down too, McSpaniels went along and laid down the law and now that he has everyones attention (and fear), he can move on with business. McSpaniels cant be dumb enough to let a pro bowl QB walk away, its just not feasible. They'll have Jay signed to a long term extension before the season starts and magically all those bad feelings will disapear. Dont worry everyone, Jay will be in orange and blue for a very, very, very, long time.
        Where did you hear an interview with Cutler? There hasn't been anything in the media available. All reports say he is back in Tennessee, and is considering showing up for camp next week.
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Over paid, he prob would get a 60 mill contract 90 is pushing it.
          sigpic

Comment

• This Soap Opera needs a soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cERB1fK15k
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• AP also says ESPN and Post is full of crap

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- New Denver Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and Pro Bowl quarterback Jay Cutler talked this week for the first time since their rift became public.

Cutler spoke with McDaniels on Monday in a conference call, but the team would not say what was discussed.

The Denver Post's Web site reported Tuesday night that the call only muddied the waters between McDaniels and Cutler, who left the conversation feeling he would be traded by draft day if the Broncos could find the right deal.

A team official with knowledge of the discussions, however, told The Associated Press that despite what other sources may be saying, the two sides did not grow farther apart in this conversation.

The person, who asked to remain anonymous because no one in the organization was authorized to speak publicly about the talks, said issues were discussed openly and it was re-emphasized that Cutler would not be traded. It was also stated that Cutler needed to meet with McDaniels in person to keep things moving in the right direction.

The Post, citing an anonymous source, said Cutler entered the conference call Monday believing the rift between him and McDaniels that grew out of the Broncos' attempts to trade the quarterback two weeks ago would be resolved. Instead, Cutler was told by McDaniels that no one is untradeable and that the quarterback was expected to report for the team's offseason conditioning program that begins Monday.

The conference call was the first step in what could be a long reconciliation process between the Broncos' new 32-year-old coach and his temperamental quarterback.

"Josh McDaniels and Jay Cutler spoke on a conference call Monday and the Broncos look forward to talking to Jay in the future and certainly face to face," team spokesman Jim Saccomano told The Associated Press on Tuesday night.

Cutler, who is still in Nashville, Tenn., and his agent, Bus Cook, spoke via conference call with McDaniels, general manager Brian Xanders and team owner Pat Bowlen.

Messages left by The Associated Press with Cook weren't returned Tuesday night. Earlier, he told The AP he doesn't think his client has ever asked the Broncos for a trade and he insisted Cutler was right to be upset with the team because the Broncos even listening to trade offers was "a vote of no-confidence in him."

Last week, the Broncos insisted Cutler wasn't on the trading block and said he and McDaniels would meet in Denver this week to clear the air.

The fissure between the two opened Feb. 28 when Cutler learned that McDaniels had tried to trade him to Tampa Bay in a three-way deal that would have brought quarterback Matt Cassel from New England to Denver. Cassel was eventually traded to AFC West rival Kansas City instead.

McDaniels was the offensive coordinator last year in New England, where he tutored Cassel, a backup since high school who led the Patriots to an 11-5 season after Tom Brady was injured in the opener.

That made McDaniels a hot coaching commodity and Bowlen quickly hired him to replace Mike Shanahan, whom he fired Dec. 30 after 14 seasons, the last three of which ended without a trip to the playoffs.

McDaniels said the Broncos hadn't initiated the calls but only listened to other teams' offers, something Cutler said he didn't believe.

Cutler, who was preparing to learn the intricate Patriots-style offense after working in the West Coast system for his first three years in the NFL, was upset McDaniels even entertained the notion of dealing him to another team. Cutler suggested his relationship with McDaniels was strained.

Denver Broncos
              » Video | Schedule | Stats
              » Roster | Depth chart | Transactions
              » Official team site: DenverBroncos.com
              He also said he felt he was still on the trading block.

Cutler also was angry when Shanahan was fired and had pleaded for his position coach, Jeremy Bates, to keep his job. But when McDaniels was hired, Bates took a job at USC because McDaniels will be calling the plays in Denver.

Cutler, who has three years left on the six-year deal he signed as a rookie, set numerous club records last season, including yards passing in a season (4,526), completions (384) and 300-yard games (eight).

However, Cutler, who has famously compared his arm strength to that of Hall of Famer John Elway, and the Broncos squandered a three-game lead in the AFC West with three weeks to go. They missed the playoffs for a third straight season, costing Shanahan his job after 14 seasons and two Super Bowl titles in Denver.

Cutler is 17-20 with no playoff appearances since replacing Jake Plummer late in the 2006 season.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

I think the post and ESPN just trying to keep the rumors going. Again media would prefer it be some huge fight: more drama: more reading for them
              Bronco fan from Packer Land.
              Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
              Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Super idea! Let's set a precedent that shows any player on the Denver Broncos they can get a better contract with more money if they just pout and say that they don't trust the organization. That will certainly help things!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                  Good luck selling them. It was reported yesterday (in the Denver Post I believe) that there were still close to 2,000 season tickets for sale. The unemployment rate in Denver is even higher than the national average.
                  that was my thoughts as well.... i just have to sale it a lot cheaper and get half my money back. The way the Broncos organization has handle things... they dont deserved good fans-period!.
                  Last edited by CommandQ; 03-11-2009, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• Thank you Joro, this crap all just needs to stop. We should all move on now....
                    sigpic

Comment

Jay is in Denver participating in the off season workouts,
                      Workouts don't start till next week...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco in UT View Post
                        Thank you Joro, this crap all just needs to stop. We should all move on now....
                        Amen..

and by the way, have you EVER seen a bigger pimp than the one in your signature?

That maf%^%*! looks like he WOULD lay the pimp hand on you.

Pat should dress like that again
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                          Amen..

and by the way, have you EVER seen a bigger pimp than the one in your signature?

That maf%^%*! looks like he WOULD lay the pimp hand on you.

Pat should dress like that again
                          I love that picture...Pat needs to lay the hand down on a few people on these boards.....
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
                            please under norv turner the chargers get worse and worse every year. next year will be no different. your defense is almost as bad as ours. what have you done to fix it? atleast we got some new players and leadership. you wont go anywhere with your sad defense
                            Ignorance at its best. SD was the #2 scoring offense in the league last year with a 60% Gates and 50% Tomlinson.

As for the defense, nice of you to admit how bad yours is. As for SD's defense, it was at about 60-70% without Merriman. Ron Rivera took over in the middle Ted Cotrell's mess and turned it around despite Merriman's absence. I'll take our chances with a returning All-Pro top 5 linbacker and Ron Rivera's newly installed 3-4 playbook now that he's had a full offseason to implement it.

Oh and, read it and weep -- http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Comment

• most definitely!

Jay Cutler will beat him first to success. (the way McDummy has shown to us how he will run a team does not impresses me).

Comment

• Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                                IF Cutler is traded, he will become my most hated player in the NFL, the only reason I root for him is because he is a Denver Bronco!
                                Dont hate the players... hate the coach scheme. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X