No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasn't there a guy on here that knows Jay Cutler personally? If so, can you tell him to show up!! We need you... and we got your back! What is a sissy ass HC going to do? He'll be fired in 2 years anyway....
    Go Broncos!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by chris66 View Post
      broncs were 6th in rushing in 07 and 7th in 08
      I dont know where you got these from b/c on nfl.com it says we were 12th in 2008 with 116.4 ypg

http://www.nfl.com/teams/denverbroncos/profile?team=DEN

But the overall stats are not important. Are you trying to tell me that other teams are scared of Selvin Young, Andre Hall, Michael Pittman, Ryan Torain, Peyton Hillis*, Tatum Bell, or PJ Pope?

I put a * next to Hillis because he is the only legitimate person on that list. And the average we had for the year is scewed(sp?) because we were successful when he was the starter...

Comment

• other teams are only scared of Tatum Bell because they don't want him to steal their luggage.

Comment

• Originally posted by chris66 View Post
          maybe after watching almost 3 seasons of tape. McD sees that Jay is not the great qb you all make him out to be.
          What can you honestly say that makes Cassel better then Cutler.

You cant.

Cassel = back up in SC

Cassel in NE = just another cog who BARELY MADE IT on the team in '08

Also there werent many teams that Entered into the Cassel sweepstakes at all the only reason why many teams started to enter was Because of Cutler, not because of Cassel it was because Teams Heard "McD wants Cassel and is willing to deal Cutler for him" the only team that wanted Cassel without any 3 way trades was Pilloi in KC.
          McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

• NOBODY IS SAYING WE ARE LOSING BECAUSE OF CUTLER!!

Jeez people, my beef with Cutler is that he hasn't done anything to prove that he's irreplaceable, yet he comes off getting all pissed cuz he was in trade talks.

I think we can all agree that Cutler has played great at times, average at times, and ****ty at times. Why can't people realize that instead of bad mouthing his coach through the media like a baby he should be keeping quiet and be hungrier than **** to go out and prove to every1 especially McD that he is the right guy for the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
              NOBODY IS SAYING WE ARE LOSING BECAUSE OF CUTLER!!

Jeez people, my beef with Cutler is that he hasn't done anything to prove that he's irreplaceable, yet he comes off getting all pissed cuz he was in trade talks.

I think we can all agree that Cutler has played great at times, average at times, and ****ty at times. Why can't people realize that instead of bad mouthing his coach through the media like a baby he should be keeping quiet and be hungrier than **** to go out and prove to every1 especially McD that he is the right guy for the job.
              wow, angry much?

here's one of the many threads I saw on the board:
              http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=137559

Comment

• Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
                OK. So I'm tired of seeing threads about Cutler being a loser, so I went to NFL.com and took stats reguarding wins and losses compared to how many points the D allowed.

Points Allowed --- record
                0-22 ---- 12-1
                23-29 --- 2-6
                30-34 --- 2-6
                35-39 --- 1-2
                40+ --- 0-5
                Total --- 17-20

I think this is pretty evident that our problems with winning % have very little to do with Cutler. Sure some of his INTs really hurt, but our D is the problem and you can't blame Cutler for that. Holding a team under 23 points really is not much to ask for....
                QFT: Also CP To you man! Good post... Seriously how can any team expect a QB to lead them if they are down by 17 and their defense keeps giving up more points? It's almost impossible. Our defense was horrible, Cutler wasn't. His INT's did hurt us a couple times but other then that he's been a great leader and has led us to a better record then what we could have had. :cutler:

Comment

wow, angry much?

here's one of the many threads I saw on the board:
                  http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=137559
                  Ok can you really take "Jakegirl" seriously? She's obviously obsessed with Plummer, and has hated Cutler ever since he was drafted..

Comment

• Jay is not bigger than the team!! Right now all he is caring about is himself, that could very well be a sign of why he wont be a franchise QB.

He is making himself out to be a cry baby to the rest of the country!

check it out!! from SI
                    http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...ed?eref=fromSI

Comment

• That was just the first thread I saw regaurding Cutler's winning %. There were a couple more, i just didn't want to look for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
                        Ok can you really take "Jakegirl" seriously? She's obviously obsessed with Plummer, and has hated Cutler ever since he was drafted..
                        You have to realize that to many people on these boards any negative talk about Cutler is a no no. Regardless of anything the only reason he even threw 1 int was because of the defense. Sad thing is he will get a free pass for 2 years by many of them if he stays because of McDaniels. It will all be blamed on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by dbsoldier View Post
                          Jay is not bigger than the team!! Right now all he is caring about is himself, that could very well be a sign of why he wont be a franchise QB.

He is making himself out to be a cry baby to the rest of the country!

check it out!! from SI
                          http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...ed?eref=fromSI

If McDaniels had any sort of tenure as a headcoach in this league, I might agree with you. BUT HE'S GOT NONE. HE HASN'T HEADCOACHED A SINGLE GAME IN HIS LIFE.

Comment

• I love Jay the player and I hope he stays in Denver his entire career. However, this "HOW COULD YOU DARE EVEN CONSIDER TRADING ME ATTITUDE" is getting old and unfounded. He isn't Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. He has ZERO playoff wins, hell he hasen't even been to the playoffs yet. GET OVER IT CUTLER......nothing happened. Your still a Bronco and have an entire team of players counting on you. Be the team leader you claim to be and act like it. Take the high road.....you will garner much more respect that way. This is your opportunity to get out there and prove to McDaniels you are that man to take Denver to the promised land.

Remember, this is a business, even the GREAT Joe Montana was traded.....if he can be traded, you certainly can be as well.

Good luck to you sir.....:salute!:

Dimi
                            Last edited by DimiHorn; 03-11-2009, 04:59 PM.
                            BRONCO FANATIC IN TEXAS

Comment

I dont know where you got these from b/c on nfl.com it says we were 12th in 2008 with 116.4 ypg

http://www.nfl.com/teams/denverbroncos/profile?team=DEN

But the overall stats are not important. Are you trying to tell me that other teams are scared of Selvin Young, Andre Hall, Michael Pittman, Ryan Torain, Peyton Hillis*, Tatum Bell, or PJ Pope?

I put a * next to Hillis because he is the only legitimate person on that list. And the average we had for the year is scewed(sp?) because we were successful when he was the starter...
                              I just looked at the afc rankings, but 12th in entire nfl isnt a shabby running game.

Comment

• From CBS4 Denver... didn't want to start a NEW thread!

http://cbs4denver.com/sports/nfl.bro....2.956722.html

When we last left you, Jay Cutler was playing phone-tag with Pat Bowlen. The owner and his new coach finally got him on the line Monday, where according to a team source, the Broncos emphasized to Cutler that he won't be traded.

The Broncos also insisted that he meet with Josh McDaniels in person to clear whatever air there's left to clear.

As of Tuesday night, Cutler was still in Nashville.

The Broncos are hoping to meet with him sometime this week. And they're expecting him to show up for offseason workouts on Monday.

Cutler is still contemplating his next move. However, I was told Wednesday, the quarterback does not want to disappoint his teammates, and he's leaning towards being at Dove Valley on Monday.

If he fails to show up, we've got a problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X