No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He'll show up.......The kid may seem pissed but hopefully this will get him on the field and playing like a SB QB.

Get on the dam field JAY!
    Don't Panic!

Comment

• One step to solving this horrible ordeal. Please just settle it on Monday!

Comment

• Originally posted by chris66 View Post
        I watched a kid who hadnt started a game since high school become a top 10 qb in one season. With a defense that had 5 starters on ir and all his running backs either on ir or missing significant time. Cassell may not have the physical tools cutler has but he has a lot better mental make up and has enough skills to be a franchise qb
        I watched a guy that had been cut by the Ravens as a QB. Derek Anderson is his name. He came in, and beat out a first round pick and a guy that hadnt been shabby the year before. He played with an average offensive cast around him, and a severly limited defense. He was a high end guy that 2007 season.

Then reality came back, and he was miserable this year.

Matt Cassel is possibly headed for that road, because even behind a top 5 offensive line, he was sacked 47 times. He benefited from a top duo of WRs, whose yards after catch was amazing. The defense, despite losing those five guys, still gave up on average under 20 points a game. We will see if Cassel has all the "mental" side down, when hes playing for a team a long way from being rebuilt.
        sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
        SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

• I am with Jay on this one. How can you not? Josh came in here thinking he could do whatever he wants with players that have been here. I am really being honest here and saying that if he trades Jay......there will be some crazy fans after Josh. The stadium will be booing the entire preseason and the first game. It is in Josh's best interest to not trade this kid
          Don't Panic!

Comment

• Originally posted by chris66 View Post
            I just looked at the afc rankings, but 12th in entire nfl isnt a shabby running game.
            Do you really think people where stacking the box to stop a cell phone salesman? I think that is the point...

Comment

• Originally posted by DimiHorn View Post
              Yes - McDaniels screwed up.....so what. He has commented publicly that Cutler isn't going anywhere.....period. He is the Head Coach and Jay needs to understand that all players are discussed except a rare few.....which he is not and should not be.

What he needs to do at this point is SHUT THE HELL UP, GET IS A$$ TO CAMP AND LEAD THIS TEAM LIKE A TEAM CAPTAIN SHOULD!!!!

Dimi
              How about Josh McDaniels start acting like a head coach with some intelligence and leadership and make the first move by jumping on a plane and going to meet with Jay Cutler face to face?

It is nice when a qb turns out to be a leader, but that's not what he's paid to do. A head coach is paid to be a leader.

So Head Coach McDaniels, pretty please, with sugar on top: Man the F up, be a leader, hop a plane to Nashville and make nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by draco193 View Post
                I watched a guy that had been cut by the Ravens as a QB. Derek Anderson is his name. He came in, and beat out a first round pick and a guy that hadnt been shabby the year before. He played with an average offensive cast around him, and a severly limited defense. He was a high end guy that 2007 season.

Then reality came back, and he was miserable this year.

Matt Cassel is possibly headed for that road, because even behind a top 5 offensive line, he was sacked 47 times. He benefited from a top duo of WRs, whose yards after catch was amazing. The defense, despite losing those five guys, still gave up on average under 20 points a game. We will see if Cassel has all the "mental" side down, when hes playing for a team a long way from being rebuilt.
                That oline only became top 5 once Kazur and Neil came back

Comment

• He's "leaning" towards it? Huh? Is that a joke?

He better get his azz to offseason workouts. He could sure use them.

Comment

• Originally posted by stampede! View Post
                    Who needs to grow up here, really. Its McDaniels.
                    Find a mirror.

Originally posted by stampede! View Post
                    If I were Jay Cutler, I would NOT show up. I'd go play for a franchise that wanted me and what I had to offer to a team. I'd go play for a coach who had headcoached at least one game in his career--or how about even a single season. I'd go play in a city who could still recognize qb talent when they saw it.
                    He is a highly paid "professional" under contract. He should be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                      Cutler is a TEAM player.

Let's get this **** straightened out, and have a good season.

:cutler:
                      He is anything but a team player. This whole thing and the way that he blew everything out of proportion in the Media just shows me that he isnt a leader, he isnt a team player, he is all about Jay Cutler. If he was a man, if he was a leader he would have taken the whole thing to the Bronco FO and none of us would have ever heard about this.

But sack up Jay, be a man and show up, and straighten this whole thing out.... If he is MIA Monday, well then we all know what he is all about
                      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by d-bronx42 View Post
                        Talk about an awkward day at the office...
                        omg, they get paid to play a game with a football...

i would trade my left hand to have an "awkward" day throwing a football and getting $100,000 for it...

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by theflammer View Post

This can not and will not hurt Jays stock because everyone loves the Long Ball
                          LMAO Tell that to JaMarcus Russell.

Comment

• This is better news..

I have a feeling he will show. :cutler:

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
                              Do you really think people where stacking the box to stop a cell phone salesman? I think that is the point...
                              Hey the Pats went through the toughest part of their schedule with a udfa rb in Green - Ellis. You play with players you have.

Bottom line is cutler is a decent passer but an avg qb and I can see why McD would want to make the move. There is a long history in the nfl with guys like Cutler. Million dollar arm and a ten cent head.

Comment

• Trent Green gives some wise words of wisdom

Hi guys!

I dont post very much. I've been watching this fiasco quietly, but Rams QB Trent Green (i think former?) was on nfl network today and he gave some wonderful advice.

I cant quote him directly because i dont remember everything he said, but basically this is the "gist" of it:

McDaniels isnt going to stop being a little punk about this entire situation. He feels that he deserves everybodies respect since he's the head coach and all. Therefore, he feels that its okay to act big and tough on the face of our franchise. Little does McDaniels know, he's tearing this team apart.

Now, if Jay Cutler shows up on Monday for the volutary thingy (i forget what it is called), then he will have reporters all up on his face. However, if he doesnt show up on Monday, then our problem just got bigger.

Trent Green said one marvelous thing that will stick out in my mind. He said that the best course of action to take is for Jay Cutler to show up on Monday, confront all of those microphones and reporters, and tell them: "This is my team, I'm the quarterback of the Denver Broncos and even though there is some strain in the relationship, I am here for the fans and my teammates because I want to win games in 2009 and go to the playoffs".

That isnt exactly what Trent Green said, again i forgot the exact words he used, but this was is basic idea. Jay Cutler should come back and verbally take control of the situation. This way he gains the upmost respect from his teammates, McDaniels, and the fans of Denver (at least us 'real' fans )

Sorry for such a long post, but I thought it was pretty interesting. Thanks for reading! :salute!:

edit:

here it is just in case you missed it. anton found the video so give him some credit
                                http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f37153
                                Last edited by Edge; 03-11-2009, 06:20 PM.

^Freyaka^

Signature Courtesy of B4Bronco6

Comment

Working...
                                X