Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Edge View Post
    Hi guys!

I dont post very much. I've been watching this fiasco quietly, but Rams QB Trent Green (i think former?) was on nfl network today and he gave some wonderful advice.

I cant quote him directly because i dont remember everything he said, but basically this is the "gist" of it:

McDaniels isnt going to stop being a little punk about this entire situation. He feels that he deserves everybodies respect since he's the head coach and all. Therefore, he feels that its okay to act big and tough on the face of our franchise. Little does McDaniels know, he's tearing this team apart.

Now, if Jay Cutler shows up on Monday for the volutary thingy (i forget what it is called), then he will have reporters all up on his face. However, if he doesnt show up on Monday, then our problem just got bigger.

Trent Green said one marvelous thing that will stick out in my mind. He said that the best course of action to take is for Jay Cutler to show up on Monday, confront all of those microphones and reporters, and tell them: "This is my team, I'm the quarterback of the Denver Broncos and even though there is some strain in the relationship, I am here for the fans and my teammates because I want to win games in 2009 and go to the playoffs".

That isnt exactly what Trent Green said, again i forgot the exact words he used, but this was is basic idea. Jay Cutler should come back and verbally take control of the situation. This way he gains the upmost respect from his teammates, McDaniels, and the fans of Denver (at least us 'real' fans )

Sorry for such a long post, but I thought it was pretty interesting. Thanks for reading! :salute!:
    I hope Jay was watching it! :cutler:

This would be a perfect end to a horrible nightmare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos6FTW View Post
      This is better news..

I have a feeling he will show. :cutler:
      yippee!

I hope that this is true. I would be excited if Cutler took control of this situation, because McDaniels doesnt seem eager to get this situation under control

Good news :salute!:

^Freyaka^

Signature Courtesy of B4Bronco6

Comment

• trent green, an nfl qb, a 10+ year vet, puts it how it is...

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f37153

i wish trent would speak with cutler...

and if not, i say we get trent into camp, because he understand football...

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by anton... View Post
          omg, they get paid to play a game with a football...

i would trade my left hand to have an "awkward" day throwing a football and getting $100,000 for it...
          As would I my friend... As would I.

Comment

yippee!

I hope that this is true. I would be excited if Cutler took control of this situation, because McDaniels doesnt seem eager to get this situation under control

Good news :salute!:
            Well McLovin wants to make his presence clear that he is the new man in town. IMO He should of picked a different player to test it on...

Comment

• Originally posted by anton... View Post
              trent green, an nfl qb, a 10+ year vet, puts it how it is...

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f37153

i wish trent would speak with cutler...

and if not, i say we get trent into camp, because he understand football...
              Is that the video? thank you for finding it anton, i'm going to put it on the original post with credit going to you for it :salute!:

^Freyaka^

Comment

• That's about what I would expect

Comment

• How do I go back and make an option 3?

Comment

Well McLovin wants to make his presence clear that he is the new man in town. IMO He should of picked a different player to test it on...
                    like Tony Scheffler...oh wait they are already trying to trade him just kidding. mclovin haha that is funny. the only issue i have with that is that this isnt the way you earn the respect of your players. maybe it earns the respect of some reporters and brian xanders, but not with the players. i'm sure brandon marshall would have a terrell owens-like fit if we trade his best bud cutler.

^Freyaka^

Comment

• Originally posted by Shanahanaramjam View Post
                      How do I go back and make an option 3?
                      You actually would have to create a whole new thread to do that, but it might be worth it since I'm sure a lot of people would chose option 3.

There was another thread with a poll similar to this posted a few days ago or so, might want to check its results too.
                      Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

Comment

• wheres option c to keep everybody??

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Only_Like_Jay View Post
                          McDaniels needed to know that the offense wasn't the problem. He saw the Broncos play. He saw that offense wasn't the problem. Jay is NOT the problem. I don't care if every player is being constantly evaluated, Jay was not, is not, the problem.
                          Maybe McDaniels should have used Champ Bailey to get his point across, not the freakin' QB that WAS NOT the problem with the team. Jay is NOT the problem.
                          But McDaniels made everything worst for himself and his new team.

But dang it, Jay needs to quit holding out and get on a freakin' plane and get his gosh darn butt back to Colorado and actually meet with McDaniels so that we can finally know if he's staying or going. And the only right option is for Jay to STAY! :cutler:
                          I totally agree and well said. But if McDaniels were a leader, he get HIS but on a plane to Nashville and meet with Cutler face to face buy him a couple brewskies and fly them both back to Denver. I do NOT expect this to happen. Jay will be the honorable one in this situation by showing up on Monday. JAY will show the leadership, NOT JOSH. You watch.

FIRE JOSH MCDANIELS

Comment

like Tony Scheffler...oh wait they are already trying to trade him just kidding. mclovin haha that is funny. the only issue i have with that is that this isnt the way you earn the respect of your players. maybe it earns the respect of some reporters and brian xanders, but not with the players. i'm sure brandon marshall would have a terrell owens-like fit if we trade his best bud cutler.
                            Marshall doesnt have much to say since he just kinda got in trouble. I understand what your saying tho, he needs to win games & make smart decisions... :go:

Comment

Is that the video? thank you for finding it anton, i'm going to put it on the original post with credit going to you for it :salute!:
                              no worries, when i saw it, i was about to start the thread myself...

ive never seen an argument get resolved so quick...

sigpic

Comment

Marshall doesnt have much to say since he just kinda got in trouble. I understand what your saying tho, he needs to win games & make smart decisions... :go:
                                i'm hoping for a quick, painless, bloodless ending

^Freyaka^

Comment

Working...
                                X