McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
    Can someone tell me what program or codec I am missing that NFL.com videos wont play. I just got a new computer and they aren't even loading.
    get the latest shockwave flash plug-in for your browser
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
      Jay Cutler IS the Denver Broncos, whether you or any other person wants to admit it.

Damn. I really would LOVE to know what our record would have been without Jay commanding the offense.

I really am still shocked that we were ahead in the division for so long, and hell even winding up being .500 with one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

Our defense was just as bad as the Lions... and they were 0-16.
      :lol when did football stop being a team sport?

I really don't understand the thinking behind the idea that one player is bigger then the whole team?

Comment

• Originally posted by theflammer View Post
        I really didn't want to start another Cutler thread but feel like it needs to be said even if It's not fact...

Can't everyone see that Cutler is wanting a Long Term deal and the Broncos know that this would make him feel Wanted and Jay figures this is how he can get it done.

Most likely this is put into play by his Agent, Who of course would profit from it too. Jay is young and new to all of this and is being told that he has them where he wants em'...This isn't fact just MY THOUGHTS.

I don't think your Agent can be your Best Friend, It's only Business

At the end of the Day, someone will show their hand and I think Cutler will get a New Deal or at least an added 2 or 3 years
        I agree. I think it was kinda obvious to most though. Bottom line, Jay wants a long term deal and to not have to look over his shoulder here in Denver. His agent is using this as a tool for a large contract. Bolen is afraid of stepping in and disarming the leadership of a newly hired coach after we just had a great one, therfore, nobody might listen to McDummy if Bowlen steps in( at least publically).

Can't we just get a deal done with Jay and BM.."Can't we all just get a long."

Comment

• Bronco Lover

Pat Bowlen needs to sign Cutler to a long term deal on his own, without McDaniels.
          D.E

Comment

• Originally posted by Momentum View Post
            Jay Cutler is a person.

The Denver Broncos are a team.
            The Denver Broncos drafted Cutler, to build around him.

Chicken or the egg?

Comment

Jay Cutler IS the Denver Broncos, whether you or any other person wants to admit it.

Damn. I really would LOVE to know what our record would have been without Jay commanding the offense.

I really am still shocked that we were ahead in the division for so long, and hell even winding up being .500 with one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

Jay Cutler is NOT the Denver Broncos nor is irreplaceable. Ya ok the defense is terrible. But there is still the offensive line which I believe would make any QB that came here better, since they are the BEST offensive line (at least pass protection) in the game. Then of course there is Bmarsh, Stokely, Scheff, Eddie Royal, Hillis, etc...

For as bad as the broncos defense is, their offense is filled with weapons, and yes i'm including the entire O-line as a unit. i would even argue on passing downs Jay has the best team around him in the league. The best pass blocking O-line, a great group of recievers and TE's, and a threat coming out of the backfield in Hillis. One thing is for sure, we were not Minus Jay Cutler away from going 0-16, stop over exaggerating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                Why do you assume he doesnt want to coach Cutler? Thats just jumping too far.
                He heard that on the radio this afternoon
                Somebody called the radio station and asked why McD took the job if he didn't want Cutler

That's irrelevant. That now comes to play because the opportunity presented itself, and was not in my opinion a premeditated thought on McD's behalf that he was going to get rid of Cutler in favor of Matt Cassel
                sigpic
                I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

• Originally posted by biggymac609 View Post
                  Sucks to see he only wants to be there for his teammates, but this will FORCE him to meet with mcd

Will Cutler Report Monday? - CBS4 Denver
                  And the problem is?
                  sigpic
                  I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

• Look, I been a Bronco fan since the 70's, I am 49 and I am an out of shape, beer drinking smoker who wants to see MY Broncos win another Super Bowl. I aint got time for this Cutler chit, one good hit like him being traded, to my ticker, could end the whole beer drinking,banjo picking, fat assed Bronco loving thingy..LETS GET THIS FIXED!!!:go:

GOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!!!!,,,chest pains!!
                    sigpic

Comment

• I cannot believe that there are people that are supporting Cutler about this. I understand that it may have been a little uncomforatable hearing your name in the news as a person of interest in a trade that you were not aware of, but to run away to Tennessee and demand that the Broncos give you a long term contract (when you still have 3 years left) or trade you is ridiculous.
                      Why would they want to invest long term in someone who will pout if they don't get what they want and demand to be traded if they don't get their way?

Comment

our record with jay is 17-20 so I guess it could be worse?
                        that's the face of the broncos?
                        Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

• Big fan of MCD, no player is untradable, no player, especially on a 24-24 team.

Comment

• McDaniels has created problems were none existed.

What has he done but made a mess of the bold new world that is the post-Shanahan era?

If this is what it means to have McDaniels put his stamp on the team, I dread for the future of the franchise.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                              I find it very funny that the Broncos front office essentially dared Cutler not to show up to a VOLUNTARY offseason workout in March when 'nothing happened' with regards to trying to move him, yet Cutler is the one that's in the wrong in some fans' views.

If you can't really see what's going on here, then I'm sorry but you're clueless.
                              I think the whole

"Jay I dare you not to show"

will only backfire in McD's face.

If he says "Im the leader of this team until im stripped of it (aka traded) no questions asked, im here to play a game for the enjoyment of our fans and to play alongside my teammates." if he says that it will basically be flipping the verbal bird to McD.

Because Jay knows the real owners of the team, the ones that pay Bowlen that allow Bowlen to pay him and the rest of the team are us... The Fans. If the Fans if Jay Swings all the Fans to his support then it really spells the end for McD no matter what the Minority of Fans that try to Fault Jay will think.

Bowlen knows this all to well, he cant sell tickets if the Fans start getting upset that the best thing close to Elway is gonna be traded away. This TEAM, This Tradition relies on a Franchise Quarterback.

I also hope that Bowlen sits both down.

First Apologize to a degree about the trade Fiasco, but remind Jay that his stay as a Bronco lies on his ability to produce for the team, he doesn't produce he must take to heart that he could be traded. Produce and be rewarded, fail to produce and prepare to suffer the consequences. Hold Jay for Jay and not the whole team. If Bowlen makes Jay understand that, then there's nothing to explain further because he knows Jay's mentality is to strive for excellence...(the kid went to freakin Vandy for chirst sake)

Then he should lay down the Law with McDaniles.

State that, stuff like this should never happen again, that McDaniles is no longer in New England, and that kind of dealing doesnt fly here. Also make it know to McDaniles that he himself is just as much as if not more so 'expendable' as McDaniles has already stated to the rest of the team. Explain to McDaniles the Denver Tradition of being upfront with the players, Explain to him that hes on his own and should try to work for the betterment of the whole then just to try to hire your 'drinking buddies' so you feel comfortable. Explain that he was hired to improve the offense and fix the defense, not to decimate both sides just so you can create New England ver 1.5. Bowlen should also tell McD that if he needs to Work with the team not, try to Dominate the team into submission or he can easily make the call to bring back Shanahan and buy out the rest of his (McD) contract.

If Bowlen can lay down the law with both, I'm sure that McD and Jay will go on their merry way, maybe not be the best buddies, but at Least Bowlen can show some backbone and put more Stress on McD to act LIKE A Coach of the team and on Jay to ACT LIKE THE Captain of the team.

If McD fails he fails but as long as Jay shows he's producing he's safe.
                              McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                                get the latest shockwave flash plug-in for your browser
                                I would give you cp for the help but you where wrong and you are a charger fan. It was that the flash player doesnt work in my 64 bit browser.

Comment

Working...
                                X