McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncosRule23 View Post
    Option 3: Neither. Tell them to figure it out and work together.
    Same goes for me. They need to work that stuff out!
    Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
      OK. So I'm tired of seeing threads about Cutler being a loser, so I went to NFL.com and took stats reguarding wins and losses compared to how many points the D allowed.

Points Allowed --- record
      0-22 ---- 12-1
      23-29 --- 2-6
      30-34 --- 2-6
      35-39 --- 1-2
      40+ --- 0-5
      Total --- 17-20

I think this is pretty evident that our problems with winning % have very little to do with Cutler. Sure some of his INTs really hurt, but our D is the problem and you can't blame Cutler for that. Holding a team under 23 points really is not much to ask for....
      So, what those stats tell me is that we're not very good at scoring more than 23 ppg with one of the most potent offenses in the NFL?
      Those stats would look better if not for those 18 int's and turnovers in the red zone which contributed to a lopsided contrast of 4500yrds 2nd in the NFL? but 16th in scoring?
      Think about it. You get that many yards because you've driven the lenght of the field and often, you're 16th in the NFL in scoring because you turn the ball over once you've driven the lenght of the field. Simple math to me...
      Last edited by dragster69; 03-11-2009, 11:24 PM.
      sigpic
      I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

• Kiper speaks truth, for once!

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncsSB#3 View Post
          He answered questions today and here was one of them.

"Cody Philly: Mel, would a first round pick be enough to land Cutler for the Bucs?

SportsNation Mel Kiper: Yeah. I think that would have been enough. I think it would have been a No. 1 and another pick. Cassel would have been in Denver. The Bucs would have their QB and a new coach and a fresh start. It would have been a nice deal for everyone. But it didn't work out. Tampa has to figure out who their QB will be. Right now it's Luke McCown. You fire a coach that has you on the cusp of the playoffs and they might fall back a little bit. Denver has Jay Cutler and the whining and complaing continues. The pity party for Jay Cutler continues. And that's ridiculous. Sure McDaniels is going to try to get a QB he knows and he's comfortable with. He didn't draft Cutler. Young QBs need to know that when their coach that drafts them is no longer there, that's not good for them. "

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=25424
          kiper fails in that bolded comment

rivers played his best football with his '2nd' head coach
          sigpic

Comment

• Kiper, simply said, is asinine.:go:
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by antipas View Post
              Cutler is already here! The offensive line was beginning to shine around Jay, was beginning to gel! Yeah, we won't go 0-16 without Jay, but we'll be lucky to go 8-8, unless our defense comes around! That's why I thought McDummy would be a good coach, all the defensive changes!:go:
              :go:
              Now all the QB changes! You don't get rid of a pro-bowl QB! PERIOD!
              Listen bud, I was only stating that Jay Cutler is not the Denver Broncos, as somebody was trying to claim earlier. You know it was a questionable decision, but you know thats how life is sometimes you have to make difficult decisions that aren't ganna make every1 happy, any may or may not be right. No matter the decision Cutler should NOT be acting like this and degrading his coaches through the media. Ya, be pissed, but keep it to yourself or in private with the coach, and go out and prove on the field that he was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                I don't dislike Kiper... he' basically invented the college scouting for the layman. He basically helped make the draft what it is today.

But Kiper doesnt like Cutler.... so what? He didn't like it when all the other college evaluators picked Jay instead of Young and Leinart. He got really upset when asked about Jaworski, Steve Young, and Phil Simms all saying that they felt Cutler was the best QB in the draft. Kiper DOES get upset when his insights are questioned, and this is one where they were heavily questioned and disagreed with by some pretty big named QBs.

So now its in Kiper's head that he has to 'prove' he was right, and its he against Cutler... when it really has NOTHING to do with Cutler at all. It just has everything to do with those that picked against him.

have you ever heard him defend the Baltimore Ravens (his favorite team)??? He's passionate, and he's not afraid to let you know where his loyalties are. No different than everyone here.
                As far as I know, none of us are getting paid to give unbiased player evaluations.
                All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

• Article: Agents tend to be seedy, money-grubbing low-lifes, sucking the life out of every situation and circumstance.

Oh, OK, and that has changed, how exactly??

I'm no insider, but it seems a little far-fetched to me that Bus could motivate Tampa Bay to do anything, much less arrange a blockbuster three-way trade, surrender high draft choices and take a flyer on a rumor that Denver is even considering trading it's franchise QB.

Just a tad 'out there' for me.

What does sound more plausible, is that Josh McDaniels cemented a very strong working relationship with Matt Cassel over the course of 2008, saw Cutler as a high value commodity, and envisioned some kind of glorious 'fix' for the Broncos that would, through FA signings and a strong draft with multiple high picks, both launch Denver into play-off contention for years to come, and create a high comfort factor for McDaniels with Cassel running his offense.

Sound about right?

Comment

• Yup. This is proof that we still do't know who initiated the trade talks, like I've been saying...
                    sigpic
                    I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

• Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
                      So, what those stats tell me is that we're not very good at scoring more than 23 ppg with one of the most potent offenses in the NFL?
                      Those stats would look better if not for those 18 int's and turnovers in the red zone which contributed to a lopsided contrast of 4500yrds 2nd in the NFL? but 16th in scoring?
                      Think about it. You get that many yards because you've driven the lenght of the field and often, you're 16th in the NFL in scoring because you turn the ball over once you've driven the lenght of the field. Simple math to me...
                      or possibly we had such bad special teams that we would start at the twenty get to their twenty and miss field goal,btw i like Prater,

Comment

• Very good find. I hope this isn't true because it seems there is no stopping this guy. Humongous deal or trade. Either way I don't like his intentions.

CP coming your way!

Go Broncos:cutler:

Comment

• First of all great post to start this all off. Football knowledgable people know how good Cutler is.

I do not think negative talk about Cutler is a no no. You have seen Cutler chastised many a times on these boards.

I think the "no no" is any idea which leads to the fact Cutler is tradeable.

Even if the Broncos got a Hershal Walker type trade I am not sure if it is good. Yea we can try to draft another Franchise QB and maybe we get a Matt Ryan or maybe a Cassel (someone who is not going to be a great QB but good enough to lead) but chances are we will get a Ryan Leaf, Vince Young, J Russell.

Maybe anyone (including our "genious" head coach) who thinks Cutler is tradeable should do some home work in the ratio to QB busts and successes in the draft.

Personally if I was Pat Bowlen and I thought the trade talks for Cutler were even remotely serious I would have fired Josh Mcdumass. Probably only reason he has not is because all ther other people he was looking at are coaching somewhere now.
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• It is a buisness and really what do you expect?

Right now if anything is obvious the Cutler it is anyone is expendable. His great Super Bowl winning head coach got fired. His QB coach who lead him to offensive success and pro bowls got fired. If you put yourself in Cutler's shoes you realize this buisness is pretty hard core.

Now put yourself in Cook's shoes. His job is to get Cutler the best possible contract.
                            Right now thanks to Bowlen's choises Cook has a rookie head coach and a rookie GM that he probably thinks he can exploit and play.

Also thanks to Josh McD and our GM cook is no longer sure Cutler's best interests are to stay in denver.

Keep in mind ultimately this was started by the Broncos front office so it got "dirty" (aka buisness-like) long before Cook took off the kiddie gloves.

It is a buisness and people need to keep this in mind; specially Bowlen when he made all these changes to start with.
                            Last edited by Hadez; 03-12-2009, 12:20 AM.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Neither

The situation isn't an either-or.

Pat, call both of them into a room.

Tell Jay he's not being traded and he will learn to get along and be a team player with the new coach or he will ride the splinters for the entire rest of his contract and be a game-day inactive for the next three years. We can see how much his value would drop in that amount of time and how little he would be able to get when he starts looking for a new contract.

Tell McDaniels that he's been a screwup so far and that until things improve he's on notice that he could be gone at the same time that Jay is, when Jay's contract is up if not sooner.

For all their bluster, both parties need each other. Cutler needs the Broncos to have a better defense to help keep each game from turning into a basketball-scoring shootout. McDaniels needs a solid and capable quarterback to complete his offense.

Both parties are under contract and if they don't like it, they can walk, but they will still be under contract and unable to work for another team until Bowlen says they can. They would collect their paychecks and essentially nearly end their NFL careers from this nonsense.

This childish middle school crap is finished. This is a business and while it would cost the Broncos a lot of money, Bowlen is prepared to take this as far as it will go. The nonsense is over. Period, end of discussion.

Then, ban both of them from Dove Valley for one week to talk, get their act together and come to an agreement. They are men, not children and children don't get to play professional football and make the kind of money that they can make here.

Just my two cents.
                              You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

• in 6 out of 8 of cutler's losses, he couldn't even lead his team to 20 points or more

that plays a part in keeping an already bad defense, on the field

cutler's costly turnovers (just ints) =

1 int lead to 7 points
                                1 int leads to a fg
                                1 int lead to 7 points = 5:53 KC TD Maurice Leggett intercepted Jay Cutler for 27 yards (Connor Barth made PAT) 10 - 0
                                1 int leads to a fg
                                2 ints lead to 2 fgs + 1 int lead to 7 points = 4:58 MIA TD Will Allen intercepted Jay Cutler for 32 yards (Dan Carpenter made PAT) 13 - 0
                                1 int lead to 7 points
                                2 ints lead to 14 points
                                1 int lead to 7 points
                                1 int lead to 7 points

so you've got drives ended in ints leading to 68 points that cutler is responsible for, and 2 of those being total gifts

rivers' costly turnovers (just ints) =

1 int leading to a fg
                                1 int leading to a fg
                                1 int leading to a fg
                                11:27 NYJ TD David Barrett intercepted Philip Rivers for 25 yards (Jay Feely made PAT) 7 - 0
                                1 int leading to 7 points
                                1 int leading to 7 points

so you've got drives ended in ints leading to 30 points that rivers is responsible for, and 1 of those being a total gift
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X