No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While there are allot of comments I would like to reply to I think the first was the most valid.

The Broncos have a franchise QB in place already. Almost every football analysis agrees with this.

If you did not want to coach Cutler why even take the job?!

Did he tell Bowlen "You know Cutler is a pro-bowler but only way I take this job is if I can try to go after a career backup QB who has one non-playoff season with a team that went 18-1 the year before"
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• in 48 regular season games rivers has failed to help get his team to 20 points, 10 times

cutler in 37 games has failed, 14 times
      sigpic

Comment

• no running game = allot of ints

Actually I am suprised Cutler did not have more picks last year

Also keep in mind Cutler has started just two full seasons plus half a season. Young QBs in general make bad choices and usually the better physical skills they have the more bad choices. See Bret Favre and John Elway when they were young.

Also amazed how little so many posters actually know about the game of football.
        Last edited by Hadez; 03-12-2009, 01:10 AM.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
          in 48 regular season games rivers has failed to help get his team to 20 points, 10 times

cutler in 37 games has failed, 14 times
          JC

lets do a role reversal hypothetically

If Jay was a Charger and Rivers a Bronco

Would Jay's stats improve or stay the same?

Would Rivers stats improve or stay the same?

have them play in the same 08 season again, with every single thing happen.

Can you honestly say that Rivers would be able to win with the broncos in the sorry shape the defense is in let alone get to an 8-8 record.

I can honestly tell you that the Chargers would at least make it to round 2 with Cutler easily at the helm just because of your defense, run game and special teams.
          McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
            no running game = allot of ints

Actually I am suprised Cutler did not have more picks last year

Also keep in mind Cutler has started just two full seasons plus half a season. Young QBs in general make bad choices and usually the better physical skills they have the more bad choices. See Bret Favre and John Elway when they were young.

Also amazed how little so many posters actually know about the game of football.
            ya know if i was a denver fan, i'd blame alot on cutler's costly ints, but it's undeniable shanahan deserves some too

denver actually had a good rushing attack in 08 and he abandoned it all too often

and when you want to keep the opposing offense off the field, and your own defense off the field, you don't get pass happy like denver did in 08

week 17 was a clear example, tatum bell, ripping my chargers a new one, so shanny has the brilliant idea to abandon the run lol

i'm sorry but shanahan was getting senile
            sigpic

Comment

• i also think this is the god's honest truth, if cutler had a better personality and didn't just look like he's giving up so much, and actually had a sense of humor that he showed more, and just acted alot better, most of this stuff would just take care of itself

he's still got years to prove me wrong, but i don't think he's got the mental make-up to succeed, we'll see if i'm wrong
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
                JC

lets do a role reversal hypothetically

If Jay was a Charger and Rivers a Bronco

Would Jay's stats improve or stay the same?

Would Rivers stats improve or stay the same?

have them play in the same 08 season again, with every single thing happen.

Can you honestly say that Rivers would be able to win with the broncos in the sorry shape the defense is in let alone get to an 8-8 record.

I can honestly tell you that the Chargers would at least make it to round 2 with Cutler easily at the helm just because of your defense, run game and special teams.
                i think cutler under norv would have been better than cutler under shanny

i do think shanny forced cutler's arm quite a bit

i do think rivers could have won in denver, he's always won, he finds a way most of the time, but if shanny was forcing him to pass while abandoning the run, i could see him having issues, sure

rivers gets sold short alot though on his passing ability, i bet he'd love to have cutler's oline.

you do know you had the best pass blocking oline in the nfl last year...easily

rivers' hasn't had a totally crappy oline, but holy crap, denver's pass blocking last season....i'd love that
                sigpic

Comment

• IF Jay Cutler gets traded, I will burn all my Bronco gear and post it on youtube.
                  Its just unacceptable what McDaniels is doing.

Comment

• Let me start out by saying I'm a huge Cutler fan and I don't want to see him leave Denver.
                    BUT.....everyone needs to realize this is turning into the Patriot's west (no matter how much I don't want to see that) and that's the choice that BOWLEN has made.
                    The reality is Cutler is a gunslinger (which I love) that dosen't fit into the "safe" or "system" QB role.
                    I don't know who started the trade talks, Niether do any of you. But I can definitley see McDaniels entertaining a trade for the robot Cassel(by the way what does that say for Brady with a high school QB leading HIS TEAM to 11-5 ?) .The only way I can see this Cutler thing working out is a long term contract exstenstion and from what the media is saying (for whatever that's worth) Bowlen's not going to make that happen.
                    Just my opinion. Either way, GO BRONCOS!!! :cutler:

Comment

• Even if he hates McDaniels personally, to not show on Monday could damage Jay's rep beyond repair. Its in his best interests to be there bright and early. Mine, too.
                      sigpic

TZ

Comment

• he'll show up, him and his agent have taken some cred hits, he's gotta show up now and actually be or pretend to be, the bigger man.

if he wants to get his goodwill back, he's got to take this as a challenge, if he doesn't he's going to be looked at as a primadonna/quitter
                        sigpic

Comment

he'll show up, him and his agent have taken some cred hits, he's gotta show up now and actually be or pretend to be, the bigger man.

if he wants to get his goodwill back, he's got to take this as a challenge, if he doesn't he's going to be looked at as a primadonna/quitter
                          I really really hope you're right. As much as people get on Jay for not being a "good leader" or whatever, I really do think he loves his teammates.

So I hope that's reason enough for him to show up.
                          sigpic

Comment

• great post...

Comment

• F you

Originally posted by TheSmith28 View Post
                              CUTLER IS NOT, WILL NOT, AND WILL NEVER NEVER BE TRADED!! YOUR POST FAILS!!!!!!!
                              GO AND DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND JUMP OFF A CLIFF IF YOU EVER WANNA POST AGAIN.

Your mom fails!

BTW. YOU better be correct because your going to feel like a dumb ass if you are wrong. I'll make sure to drop you a line.

Comment

i think cutler under norv would have been better than cutler under shanny

i do think shanny forced cutler's arm quite a bit

i do think rivers could have won in denver, he's always won, he finds a way most of the time, but if shanny was forcing him to pass while abandoning the run, i could see him having issues, sure

rivers gets sold short alot though on his passing ability, i bet he'd love to have cutler's oline.

you do know you had the best pass blocking oline in the nfl last year...easily

rivers' hasn't had a totally crappy oline, but holy crap, denver's pass blocking last season....i'd love that
                                I think your onto something,

Norv wouldnt have to 'force' jay to throw because of Sprolles and LT.

I mean put LT in play action and Bam Hit gates for 6....

I think Jays numbers would be 30td's 15 ints tops just because the pressure of "Jay you need to score like your behind 21 points so go out there and get us a lead" would be all but erased. I also think the media blitz would be less and Jay wouldnt be 'acting' like a crybaby just because CA in general has less of its world revolve around sports.. not like Denver in CO in general.

Rivers, no doubt the guy is smart, knowing him he would have crunched the numbers before hand take into account that no matter what he did he needs to play it 'safe' despite winning or losing as long as he got into FG rage Rivers would be able to get some wins even with a horrible D, if he lost it would be a small margin.

The thing is Shanny knew all the 'Torain is a 1st round quality back, our backs are good ect.' was just a bluff, his only real weapon was Cutler's arm.

Its like the Death Star, What is so good of a Super Weapon when you cant even use it let alone protect that pesky exhaust port.

Basically, Death Star Laser = Bronco Offense, Exhaust port = Bronco Defense and special teams.

thats why no matter how strong a warship can be its no use if it cant shoot down fighters lol
                                McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

Working...
                                X