No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Normally, Jay Cutler is praised for his strong arm. But to me, people forget about his great mobility and pocket awareness. He is not afraid to grab the ball and run with it, and he can take hits. His footwork in the pocket is very good, many times he avoids sacks with quick movements that keep the play alive. Another quality of Jay Cutler is his great accuracy when he is on the move. He throws some sharp balls in tight windows while running. He is much more than just a guy with a strong arm. He is a franchise quarterback, we should have never thought about trading him. Who knows how many years we might struggle on the field, waiting for another good quarterback to come?
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
      he played 11 years in the nfl for a reason...and he actually had a few very good years
      Good for him, he made a career out of being a journeyman QB. A better life than I'll ever have so I don't mean to put him down. But really, you'll never here his name being mentioned in discussions about the games best QB's....nor the games "good" QB's for that matter.

He had all the potential in the world, but couldn't make it work on the field for long enough at a time to make a home for himself.

Comment

• You think Bowlen will fix it? He created this problem!

How many of us are old enough to remember how poorly the Reeves/Shanny fued was handled? *raises hand*

How many of us are old enough to remember how poorly the Elway/Reeves fued was handled *raises hand*

How many of us are old enough to remember how awful Wade Phillips was as Bronco Head Coach and his bend but do not break defense? *raises hand*

How many of us remember Sports Writers saying Bowlen finally got something right when he said "This ones for John" after winning the SB? *raises hand*

The best thing Pat Bowlen ever did for this franchise, besides supporting the trade FOR a franchise QB in Elway, was getting out of the football side all together and letting Shanny take charge.

We win two Super Bowls soon after.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
          Normally, Jay Cutler is praised for his strong arm. But to me, people forget about his great mobility and pocket awareness. He is not afraid to grab the ball and run with it, and he can take hits. His footwork in the pocket is very good, many times he avoids sacks with quick movements that keep the play alive. Another quality of Jay Cutler is his great accuracy when he is on the move. He throws some sharp balls in tight windows while running. He is much more than just a guy with a strong arm. He is a franchise quarterback, we should have never thought about trading him. Who knows how many years we might struggle on the field, waiting for another good quarterback to come?
          great post, Im tired of all these people because of the situation last week saying all of a sudden Cutler is a crappy QB. bottom line Cutler is one of the top QBs in the legue hes got all the things you say, plus the "it" factor when the game is on the line you have a good feeling hes going to take them down and score which is what it was like with Elway. plus hes a great leader for this team, all of his teammates like him which is the most important thing, so all you amatur shrinks who think by the way he looks is how he is, well your idiots. Cutler is the best young QB in the legue including Phillis Rivers, elie manning, rothlisburger, all of them.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
            Haha nice try internet tough guy. Want me to dig up your other post? Oh wait it's 3 posts up. You said SOLELY DID ON THE FIELD. Wow Ralph wilson played football? Oh wait it's because he's near death? I forget what you are laughing at people for. Yes it's reputation try to keep up.

Chris Carter is 2nd all time and you say his stats are inflated? He isn't the one that played in a league such as today that is predominantly pass first run second. You make yourself look more stupid every time you post... You also say no WRs are getting in? Strange that Jerry Rice gets in next year (already been decided) and is the only person that beats Chris Carter in TDs. He has 31 more TDs that the 3rd best and you think he sucks?

Shanon Sharpe would only be related to a receiver if it's by reputation further revealing how dumb you are. He revolutionized the TE position into more of a receiving position. Can you name the TE that got into the hall of fame 2 years ago? Exactly.

Just because the examples I gave you cannot be argued doesn't mean anything except your dumb for trying to argue.
            I'm not going to argue with you over semantics. Ralph Wilson didn't get into the HoF because of his reputation. He got in because of what he did for the NFL. I personally don't think he should get in on the same ballot as players, but whatever. Saying he got in because of reputation is retarded, he got into for deeds that made football what it is. Again, a number of HoF voters have SAID they voted for Wilson because they wanted him in before he passed away.

I didn't say Cris Carter stats are inflated, I said all RECEIVING STATS are inflated. You do realize that the NFL made it easier for teams to pass? Look at current records, and ho wmany of those are occupied by players that have played in the last 15 years. You're talking to me like it's my fault. Hall of fame voters have apprantly decided to hold off on letting in receivers atm. decided. I don't know what Cris Carter is "2nd" in either. It certainly isn't in Yards or Touchdowns, and not having played in any superbowls hurts as well, so I don't see how you can say he isn't getting into the HoF because of his reputation. I don't want you to feel stupid, but Randy Moss, and Terrell Owens both have more TD's than Carter, and I'm pretty sure that Marvin Harrison is nipping at Carter's heels as well.

Let me illustrate my point more. James Lofton didn't get into the HoF until 2003, 10 years after he retired, and when Lofton retired I'm pretty sure he led in all receiving stats of importance. Carter doesn't even have that claim to fame.

As for Shannon Sharpe, I'm not even sure what reputation he had. I agree with everything you said about him. However, none of that changes the fact that HOF VOTERS are the ones looking at him as a receiver and not a TE.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvw View Post
              But do you consider him an all pro QB? No, he's a journeyman who never amounted to anything but a quality back up. My point to another post was just because a QB has good or great stats doesn't mean that are good decision makers.
              but you used his 2000 season to make your point...if every year of his career were like his 2000 season he'd be in the hall of fame

Comment

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                Cutler's strengths - Intelligence, pocket presence, mobility, accuracy, arm strength, quick release, leadership, hardworker, clutch

Cutler's weaknesses - Not looking off coverage (only seems to happen when throwing to Marshall though), unrefined communication skills, poor media savvy, tactlessness
                clutch?.....are you f'ing kidding? He chokes more than a $10 hooker

Comment

• Originally posted by TXBRONC View Post
                  There is a way doing things to get your client best possible situation and contract that you can and there is way doing things that reflect badly on your clients. If you can't see that in Cook's track record I don't know what to tell you.
                  What is he doing that's so bad right now? He sees an oppurtunity to make his client more money and he is trying to get something done I'm sure. Seems to be like that is priority number 1 as it should be. Cook should not be concerned about who looks more foolish in this situation. Because in the end, none of us will care about this if Cutler is successful.

Comment

• Originally posted by dgosseli View Post
                    I am sure I am going to hear from fans saying to worry about it when it happens etc., but in all seriousness what would we most likely receive in compensation if Cutler was traded? Also, what team will he most likely be dealt to?

Let's hope he does stay with us because he is a great QB and we could sure use him.
                    It is simple, the Broncos will regret it.

Ask the Bucs if they regret trading Steve Young.

Ask the Colts if they regret trading John Elway.

Ask the Falcons if they regret trading Favre.

The only team I can think of that made out ok after trading a young franchise QB was NYG and Chargers who swapped Frnachise QBs (manning/rivers)

To be fair Cutler is far from being in the league with anyone except Rivers who he is close to imo. Just about every football expert out there agrees he will be that kind of QB though.

The only way I think we should ever even possibly consider trading Cutler is if we get a Hershall Walker type deal. For those who do not know this was 3 1st round picks, 3 2nd round picks, 1 3rd, 1 6th and 5 players. The Cowboys gave up Walker 2 3rds, 1 5th and 1 10th.

If it has come to the point where QB or HC has got to go then I think it is a no brainer, JMcD becomes the quickest to be fired of all time.
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

but you used his 2000 season to make your point...if every year of his career were like his 2000 season he'd be in the hall of fame
                      you think cutler's 2008 was HOF worthy if he had that same year every year of a long career? really?
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncobuss View Post
                        great post, Im tired of all these people because of the situation last week saying all of a sudden Cutler is a crappy QB. bottom line Cutler is one of the top QBs in the legue hes got all the things you say, plus the "it" factor when the game is on the line you have a good feeling hes going to take them down and score which is what it was like with Elway. plus hes a great leader for this team, all of his teammates like him which is the most important thing, so all you amatur shrinks who think by the way he looks is how he is, well your idiots. Cutler is the best young QB in the legue including Phillis Rivers, elie manning, rothlisburger, all of them.
                        We must be watching different games. You honestly think he's better (right now) than the QB's you named? Take off the orange shades man. That is completely ignorant. Let me get this straight....Jay is clutch when the game is on the line and he's better than Rivers, Manning, and Big Ben....LMFAO. Quit smokin' them fry sticks

Comment

I used that season because that was his only season, basically proving my point. Just because he had one good year doesn't make him a great QB and just by looking at his 2000 stats, you can't claim that he made quality decisions. The same goes for Cutler, yeah he threw for over 4000 yards but that doesn't show the over throws or unnecessary picks when he should have just thrown it away. All that can be corrected with time but my whole argument was that you can't tell just by looking at stats if a QB is great or not. Knowing when to throw the ball away or take a sack is also what makes a great QB and you can't see that in the stat sheets.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                            micheal vick

had the best arm in the nfl, and was a moron, made horrible decisions

but he actually lead his team to some winning seasons, even at least one playoff win that i can remember
                            Vick doesn't count. In his prime he was the BEST athlete in the NFL. He could simply "outathlete" your defense to a W, no matter how well you planned or who you had. His turnovers were the only thing that really could stop him.

Comment

• a rocket arm by itself isn't special. But a rocket arm with all the untangibles and abilities that Cutler has shown to have and has shown on the field to have..... is something special.

Cutler "separates" himself from the average because he has the big arm. thats something you can't teach. The other abilities is what makes him already above average.

Anyone here, that is trying to say that doesn't believe Jay Cutler is at the top of the heap of QBs in the NFL...d oesn't really know what they are talking about. Anyone that says he can't read a defense.... is obnoxiously ignorant. ALLL QBs make poor decisions from time to time. If they didn't, none would throw a single INT. None would get sacked. None would throw into coverage or miss an open receiver.

Comment

• Bottom line tell me 10 qb's you would rather have then Jay...And if you stumble after 5-7...You know he's better then 25-27...Not bad for a ROCKET ARM... Do the same test and fast forward 7 years...

I win...
                                sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

Working...
                                X