Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • agreed

    Like all serious Broncos fans, I've been processing a low level anxiety ever since this mess hit the fan. To help deal with this, I want to reply to this thread with the complete delusion that Mr. Pat Bowlen will read this. Not only is this situation crazy, and Cutler absolutely a keeper, but the fans have been ignored in the debate. I've been a fan since I was 7 in 1977 in Denver, I got signatures from most of the orange crush defense, I shook Tom Jackson's hand one day in 77. We've all been fairly traumatized by Shanahan's firing for better or for worse, now Cutler? For the past 3 years Cutler was our best hope, and now they're willing to liquidate that to prove a point? This Christmas I was given my first Denver jersey since my homemade Rick Upchurch jersey of 1978, and of course its a Cutler jersey. That jersey means something to me, I'll be really ticked off, think about all the Jay Cutler jerseys out there, think about a major backlash. To borrow from Mr. Jim Croce, you don't tug on superman's cape, you don't spit into the wind, you don't pull the mask off the ol' lone ranger, and you don't trade Jay Cutler.
    Last edited by oorange73; 03-12-2009, 11:48 PM. Reason: finish my thought

    Comment


    • Originally posted by DanEllis View Post
      To Bronco Rambler

      Outside of the Cutler situation, with the signing of free agents, McDaniels has done a great job in bringing in players and coaches. I'm not arguing that at all.

      What I am arguing about is his handling of Jay Cutler and the attempted trade. In my own opinion, he has done more damage to the organization than Cutler has. That's what bothers me the most.
      I see where you can see that.

      I guess all we can do is simpy wait, biting our tongues, and see how it all plays out.

      ...hopefully it is for the best.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • ZBS dosn't work in the red zone?

        need i remind everyone about Terrell Davis running behind this scheme with Howard Griffith in front of him? come on ya'll it can work with the right personell. just had to throw that out there.

        :go:
        Kyle Orton Army #24sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bronco Timcat View Post
          Cutler for a third and Cassell is just plain bad value.
          I think you're misinformed
          This is how the trade was going to go down...

          Denver trades Jay Cutler, #48 pick (2nd round) and #79 (3rd round)
          Detroit trades #1 pick (1st round) and #20 pick (1st round)
          New England trades Matt Cassel

          Denver receives Matt Cassel, #1 pick (1st round) and #20 pick (1st round)
          Detroit receives Jay Cutler and #79 (3rd round)
          New England receives #48 pick (2nd round)
          sigpic
          I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

          Comment


          • Fox News needs to Chill on Cutler going to Detroit

            Ok so this is like my 3rd post, but I come on here daily just don't post. Anyone in the Denver area notice Fox News has been blowing the Cutler situation out of proportion. My apologies I don't know the anchors names I rarely get to watch the news, but the lady not the guy the past 2 nights has talked about Cutler being traded. Wednesday it was hat Tampa Bay still wants him and Thursday was that Detroit is willing to fork over Calvin Johnson and a first round pick, I think that is what I heard. She eve had the audacity to say with Marshall being suspended we need a receiver. ;ast time I checked we need a franchise QB.
            Bottom line they need to chill and let's hope it all blows over besides our offense was good last year. I am just sick of every time I catch the news they are talking about him not reporting Monday for workouts or even to camp and would likely be traded during the draft.
            By the way what's going on with Hillis?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BroncosNL View Post
              I think anyone who posts another Cutler topic needs to get their heads checked out too.... like it couldnt be posted in one of the other 10 million...
              and your the idiot that keeps on responding to them... if everyone just stopped talking about this **** maybe it would go away.. me included btw...:cutler::cutler::cutler::cutler:

              Comment


              • Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
                We must be watching different games. You honestly think he's better (right now) than the QB's you named? Take off the orange shades man. That is completely ignorant. Let me get this straight....Jay is clutch when the game is on the line and he's better than Rivers, Manning, and Big Ben....LMFAO. Quit smokin' them fry sticks
                Huh, let me get this straight, Cutler is not clutch? hes never done nothing, and cant hold a candle to any of those QBs that he just out preformed last year...It seems to me that you couldnt have ever watched more than just a handful of games, because if you dont see how good Cutler is right know you are the completely ignorant one, you are just making you views based on looking from the outside in without doing any study on Jay Cutler or looking at stats or how his teammates feel about him, or the obvious "it" factor that he has just like an Elway........wait a minute... your really Josh McDaniels arnt you?!
                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Garion_c View Post
                  need i remind everyone about Terrell Davis running behind this scheme with Howard Griffith in front of him? come on ya'll it can work with the right personell. just had to throw that out there.

                  :go:
                  Yeah but that was a decade ago.... Defenses are faster, bigger, and stronger. The newness of the ZBS has wore off. Teams know how to counter it. The ZBS is something that works between the 20's, but it is no longer effective in the red zone
                  Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
                    I think you're misinformed
                    This is how the trade was going to go down...

                    Denver trades Jay Cutler, #48 pick (2nd round) and #79 (3rd round)
                    Detroit trades #1 pick (1st round) and #20 pick (1st round)
                    New England trades Matt Cassel

                    Denver receives Matt Cassel, #1 pick (1st round) and #20 pick (1st round)
                    Detroit receives Jay Cutler and #79 (3rd round)
                    New England receives #48 pick (2nd round)
                    Dude I'm sorry. I have looked all morning and can not find one shred of evidence of that trade scenario anywhere. Im afraid you are the one misinformed. Your supossed scenario has the Lions turning a 2nd round pick into Matt Cassell and then trading Matt Cassell and two first round selections for Cutler and a third? I know its the Lions but with Matt Millen no longer in Detroit, there is no way they would offer that. That makes even less sense! If you can provide some reliable link to that trade I would be very interested in reading that. And by reliable I mean not some starry eyed blog. With all the holes the lions have there is no way you trade two first rounders and in all thoughts two young top tier starters for one quarterback. And if by any chance this is true (which it is definetly not) Denver would have to wonder why Detroit thinks Cutler is so good to give up that much to get him. I mean I like Cutler but there is no way I would trade 2 first rounders for him especially if I was running the god awful Lions and needed to fill 21 holes.

                    Comment


                    • Fox News???
                      [IMG]

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Bronco Timcat View Post
                        Dude I'm sorry. I have looked all morning and can not find one shred of evidence of that trade scenario anywhere. Im afraid you are the one misinformed. Your supossed scenario has the Lions turning a 2nd round pick into Matt Cassell and then trading Matt Cassell and two first round selections for Cutler and a third? I know its the Lions but with Matt Millen no longer in Detroit, there is no way they would offer that. That makes even less sense! If you can provide some reliable link to that trade I would be very interested in reading that. And by reliable I mean not some starry eyed blog. With all the holes the lions have there is no way you trade two first rounders and in all thoughts two young top tier starters for one quarterback. And if by any chance this is true (which it is definetly not) Denver would have to wonder why Detroit thinks Cutler is so good to give up that much to get him. I mean I like Cutler but there is no way I would trade 2 first rounders for him especially if I was running the god awful Lions and needed to fill 21 holes.
                        Look harder, because your statement that we were going to get a 3rd rounder for Cutler sounds even more ridiculous!
                        sigpic
                        I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                          Accuracy - You need to be accurate to have 62% completion while throwing over 600 times and the defense is just sitting back and rarely giving you an 8-man box. Add to it Cutler's tendency to stare down receivers (mostly Marshall) and his completion percentage speaks even more to his accuracy.

                          Moreover, he is known for fitting balls into tight spaces better than most QBs in the league. You have to be really accurate to do that.

                          Leadership - His teammates rave about his leadership and back him 100%. This is Cutler's team, no question. He was voted team captain in his second season with the team (his first full season starting) because of his work ethic. He is one of the few QBs in the league to show up on a Monday after a win (typically a day off) and has encouraged his teammates to join him. He has done a great job helping Brandon Marshall to realize his potential (including letting him crash at his house while B-Marsh was suspened to keep him involved with the offense; how many QBs do you know that do that). He flew a bunch of his teammates to Hawaii for the Pro Bowl. Shanahan has described him as the hardest worker on the team.

                          Just because he stands up to a (to him anyway) dishonest and arrogant head-coach (who puts his ego above the team he is supposed to help) doesn't invalidate all the good things we've seen from Cutler for the past three years.

                          Clutch - He has around 12 4th quarter game-tying or game-winning drives in 37 games. That's one every three games. Moreover, with the kind of defense he has had, everytime he started a drive was a must-score situation. When he did not have 600 attempts last year, he had among the best 3rd-down passer rating in his first full-season starting. I'd say that's pretty clutch.



                          See above
                          Jeez… I love discussion as much as the next guy but come on, lets make sure before you post, have something legitimate to bring to the table. Thanks AC1. Again, a fine post.

                          Okay, to state again, I didn’t like Cutler when he was drafted and I didn’t really care much for the guy for the first season and well into the last. My issues with him revolved more around his demeanor and attitude. I like a more vocal leader and simply by virtue of position your QB is your team leader, regardless of who the players “vote”. But I never doubted his skill set. Cutler not only has an extremely strong arm, he can make all the throws, ALL of them. He has great touch, something that Elway struggled with for a long time. His sideline corner throws are beautiful. He drops the ball in better than maybe only Manning (Peyton). I wont rehash the rest of what everyone else has already been said but Cutler is a complete QB. There are probably a handful of QB’s in the league that I would rather have on my team: P. Manning, Brees, Brady maybe Big Ben… and that’s about where my list ends. If I was acquiring players for the long term Cutler would top my list. If I wanted to win now, he would be 3rd on my list bend Manning and Brees. His decision making, well, I've said it many a time… he loves his right arm and at times for me personally its infuriating. But Cutler is young. His arm sometimes writes checks that the opposing defense cashes. If your only beef with a 3rd year QB is his penchant for spotty decision making I think you feel pretty good about the future especially in light of the guys obvious intelligence. He will learn defenses, he will read and react better and the majority of those poor decisions that lead to INT’s will turn into completions.

                          Comment


                          • Simple. If Cutler is from the left, Fox News is gonna be on his case whether there's a case or not. If he's from the right (like P. Manning) then they won't. So i guess he's from the left.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by fgallegos View Post
                              Ok so this is like my 3rd post, but I come on here daily just don't post. Anyone in the Denver area notice Fox News has been blowing the Cutler situation out of proportion. My apologies I don't know the anchors names I rarely get to watch the news, but the lady not the guy the past 2 nights has talked about Cutler being traded. Wednesday it was hat Tampa Bay still wants him and Thursday was that Detroit is willing to fork over Calvin Johnson and a first round pick, I think that is what I heard. She eve had the audacity to say with Marshall being suspended we need a receiver. ;ast time I checked we need a franchise QB.
                              Bottom line they need to chill and let's hope it all blows over besides our offense was good last year. I am just sick of every time I catch the news they are talking about him not reporting Monday for workouts or even to camp and would likely be traded during the draft.
                              By the way what's going on with Hillis?
                              Fox carries the NFC games so it doesent suprise me that they would want Cutler playing for the Lions, can you imagine the ratings on a 0-16 team? Throw a young stud pro bowl QB in there with a bunch of media hype behind the situation in Denver and you can see the ratings on those Lions games steadly rising.
                              "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
                                I think you're misinformed
                                This is how the trade was going to go down...

                                Denver trades Jay Cutler, #48 pick (2nd round) and #79 (3rd round)
                                Detroit trades #1 pick (1st round) and #20 pick (1st round)
                                New England trades Matt Cassel

                                Denver receives Matt Cassel, #1 pick (1st round) and #20 pick (1st round)
                                Detroit receives Jay Cutler and #79 (3rd round)
                                New England receives #48 pick (2nd round)

                                thats only speculation from media, no one in the denver FO, new england FO, or detroit FO confirmed this its just unnamed sources, for all we know it didnt get done because detroit wanted to offer us just the 33 overall pick. the media and fans really dont ahve a clue what was offered or who offered it.

                                its all speculation, and not one FO has susbstantiated what actually was in the works.....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X